Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From (92161 Views)

Top 4 Richest Tribes In Nigeria / I Can Never Marry From That Tribe. / The Myths Behind Burying The Placenta In Different Cultures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Titheman(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
Should I be happy dat my great community nkpa in umuimeyi made the top of the list?
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by mrkel(m): 5:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
ibitzbarlow:

Point of correction bro! The boxes of wrappers are not for the bride's mother but for the bride. That's why these days, if there is agreement between bride and bride groom, the wrappers , jewelries etc are rented and presented on the marriage day.

Noted.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by baby124: 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2016
RIZLER:
Yoruba girls just give the parents amALa and gbegiri and she is all yours for the night embarassed
Face your hungry tribe and your poverty stricken lazy parents and leave Yoruba out of your madness.

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Sharafawizkidayo(m): 5:26pm On Nov 18, 2016
I talk am! na igbo tribe go plenty pass, igbo and money dey be like 5 and 6, igbo people i hail oo bt wait o i no see my tribe o. ijesha and ijebu
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2016
Where KALABARI dey
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by stanvesco(m): 5:43pm On Nov 18, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
I love EDO state............

owiyoooo haiii our bride price 1k abeg we're edo gal na na so so anoda tribe I dey folo
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by LeStylo: 5:49pm On Nov 18, 2016
OP, read about how expensive it is to marry a Shuwa Arab lady from North East - Borno/Adamawa region especially.

It's just as expensive if not more.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Cletus77(m): 5:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
Especially the anaang people! U go buy machine for the papa and mama still pay money and other things higher dan machine again!
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Missmossy(f): 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
A beautiful marriage goes beyond all of these, so in the long run the bride price and other things are no determinants for a successful marriage.

3 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 6:04pm On Nov 18, 2016
AuroraB:
You sure Did she roughen you up at some point Make you kneel down and raise your hands with your eyes shut
Question embarassed grin
angry She is not violent lipsrsealed.

Where in Imo are you from grin

It seems you weigh 10tonnes
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 6:06pm On Nov 18, 2016
Luckymay:

Haha. You almost got me there.
Onye mgbu.
grin grin grin grin

O nwebeghi ife ifuru nwa awka

Dokara m numba gi ka anyi kwuo na ekwe nti
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by greatjoey: 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
talktonase:
Why wont they be expensive,when some inlaws plan to open boutique on top person head... cry shocked

They need to really top the list giving their sophistication and evident quality. I didn't expect to see the Afonjas though. They are poor cooks, dirty, poo poo in the buckets, unguarded utterances, timidity, laziness, untidy, poor bed warmer, etc.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by omobamatrix: 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2016
Alariwo2:
After selling their girls, they won't still let you rest
their family financial burden automatically becomes yours.
no mind ipob the prefer to sell-off their daughters
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by safarigirl(f): 6:12pm On Nov 18, 2016
coptic:

Gross ignorance. Stop misinforming people.
An Alhaji sends his daughter to the groom's house with loads of goods instead.
I think it's you who's ignorant.
Nobody sends their daughter to the husband's house empty-handed.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by AuroraB(f): 6:14pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bujumbura:
angry She is not violent lipsrsealed.

Where in Imo are you from grin

It seems you weigh 10tonnes
Perhaps not undecided
I'm not telling. Inwere onu ojoo grin
I weigh more than that cool
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 6:17pm On Nov 18, 2016
AuroraB:
Perhaps not undecided
I'm not telling. Inwere onu ojoo grin
I weigh more than that cool
Then i bu akpa akpu cheesy

Onye ebe na imo ka ibu
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 6:18pm On Nov 18, 2016
Ammyluv2002 hoe much is bride prce in Awka
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Captain22: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
All from one section of the Nation. It speaks a lot.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Lighthouseman: 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2016
TVTKOKO:
AND YOU WONDER WHY THE HAUSA/FULANIS WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AIN'T THERE undecided undecided undecided

Actually, some people can sell there women for a boutique and spare part shop lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
The op is ethnocentric. He didn't do his research well. The shuwa Arabs are the most expensive.
The are the most expensive ladies to marry and maintain. They play with gold and they are monogamous.
He should research about the shuwa.
The mangu or mwagavul people in plateau state are also expensive to marry
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by TerrorSquad(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2016
TVTKOKO:
AND YOU WONDER WHY THE HAUSA/FULANIS WITH THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMEN AIN'T THERE undecided undecided undecided

Actually, some people can sell there women for a boutique and spare part shop lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No, they are not here because they're been married off at age 4/5
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Donmichaelz(m): 6:46pm On Nov 18, 2016
In a time of economic recession a culture demands house for the parent
i go marry the girl start d house foundation give her belle tell dem say i no get money again
is either they take the daughter or they manage: the belle def go be twins so dat after she born d booooobs go flat
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by princeemmma(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2016
ogaoo, yoruba people self da try ooooo

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by ammyluv2002(f): 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bujumbura:
Ammyluv2002 hoe much is bride prce in Awka
I don't know of Awka town, but my town is 10k (A town in Awka South LGA)
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by mylove4God(f): 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2016
thecrush:
Naso

You might think Yorubas dont have the long list!!

When my friend saw the list that was given to her husband. She stopped talking about Igbo traditional weddings and list....

That is true ooo. After I saw the list given by the Yoruba bride family to my family friend son, I am waiting to hear any Yoruba person that will open his or her mouth to say that Igbo bride list is much
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by manikspears: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2016
thecrush:
Naso

You might think Yorubas dont have the long list!!

When my friend saw the list that was given to her husband. She stopped talking about Igbo traditional weddings and list....

This is the lie of the week! grin

1 Like

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Bujumbura(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2016
ammyluv2002:
I don't know of Awka town, but my town is 10k (A town in Awka South LGA)
which town in awka south?

But its cheap ooo

Amaka as I'm speaking with you i can do the bride price transfer with my phone and you are mine grin
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Flashh: 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2016
99.9% of women from those tribes listed aren't even virgins and have fling a lot.

5 Likes

Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2016
All from the East. to show you that easterners have money I. their DNA.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by deejayALFY(m): 7:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
Morereb, I don't agree wit ur numba 7&8 Ibibio n efik folks. I HV reside der n dia Ladies are as cheap as pure water in fact most of den don't get married just fork den n get den pregnant, com wit ur friends wit some crates of beer u r recognized....
are u from Nkpa? cos u are very correct. am from der..#AmaohuruNkpa
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by odigiri1983(m): 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2016
Umuahia should be on that list.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by coptic: 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2016
safarigirl:
I think it's you who's ignorant.

Nobody sends their daughter to the husband's house empty-handed.

The issue with you is that you just like to talk. You don't know the Hausa tradition half like I do. Nobody does, but their's is traditional. Ask around.
Re: The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From by ammyluv2002(f): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2016
Bujumbura:
which town in awka south?

But its cheap ooo

Amaka as I'm speaking with you i can do the bride price transfer with my phone and you are mine grin
cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Yoruba Poem- Ise Logun Ise (work Is The Antidote For Poverty) / 2 Lovers From Okija, Anambra Commit Suicide Over 'Osu' (Disturbing Pictures) / Igbo Attire And Its Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.