Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? (44987 Views)

My Girlfriend Told A Guy She Is Not In A Relationship / Lady's Wig Falls Off While Dancing Gbe Body In Public With A Guy. She Did This / Lady Was Disappointed By A Cute Guy She Met At A Bank Who Had Mouth Odour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 7:10am On Nov 19, 2016
Mimzyy:

My point is, if you allow him to Bleep you free of charge I.e without paying your bride price, why should you be worried about trivial things like cooking except of course if you're a disaster in the kitchen dear.
she is a disaster in the kitchen, just take a closer look at her.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by seunlaww(m): 7:11am On Nov 19, 2016
So I'll be on site buying substandard food from monday - friday while working off my ass to make a better future for us .. Then u visit me on weekend and can't cook me good food and maybe still expect me to take u out to eat. Ironi Ko le work, Ama find mysef another caring bae.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by intergral(m): 7:12am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

So she is your slave! The only thing good you think can come from her is food? I am beginning to hate Nigerian men
i am with him on this one... As for me my stomach upset is triggered when ever i eat from a restaurant, tho I've asked my doctor and he told me that its the psychological presence i create around the food that triggers it...... So I'll be very interested in the way she cooks so that i don't end up like my friend....
There's one thing i know for sure, even if we have little issues after our marriage when ever i think of the her food it'll erase all ov em!...
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 19, 2016
saintCaligula:
You must be kidding me..
Incase you dont know, I've seen men that fell for ladies just by eating their food and incase you don't know, men respect ladies that cook always to the once that goes to an eatery often
guy u have a point my girlfriend forms standard for me and she doesn't cook for me but she spends hell out of my pocket I'm not talking of 5or 10k or 20.im beginning to hate her so I plan to dump her at the slightest chance I get. *cries *
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 7:24am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

One was even talking about fucccking for free
Seems those here know nothing else from sex sex and sex
apart from sex sex and sex, you don't look like someone who knows anything else, you can't even cook. Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 19, 2016
Reading comments from the OP and posters supporting her stance, one realises intelligence is an "expensive commodity" in Nigeria.

You date a guy and have sex with him during regular visits, yet cooking for him is now a big deal simply because you are not yet married to him. If we are to follow this line of thought, then you shouldn't allow a guy, who has not paid your bride price, have carnal knowledge of you or give money routinely to you.

IMO, nothing is wrong in cooking for a guy who you feel has sincere intention to walk down the aisle with you in not too distant a time. Not all these fake people living "couple's life". I dislike such a manner of courtship and any relationship going on for more than 3 years without leading to marriage, is more or often than not, a waste of time and effort IMO.

A lady should know how to limit the kind of chores she does for her bf when she visits. In the same vein, a guy who is dating a lady for marriage should not allow her do chores like cooking, watching clothes, etc. too often.

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 19, 2016
Nigerians got no chill grin
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Fourwinds: 7:34am On Nov 19, 2016
ponyonm:
The reason most relationships fail is cause people tend to evaluate their relationships based on stupid and silly criteria. What works for A might not necessarily work for B. There is no one or perfect way on how certain things should work in every relationship. The earlier you guys accept this, the better. This question is as irrelevant as anything.
nonsense.!!! check d voting pattern and evaluate urself
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 7:39am On Nov 19, 2016
Nma27:
Dating shouldn't be all about money... You guys are getting it all wrong angry
Here in Nigeria, it's all about money, I know you are not a Nigerian.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Mustack: 7:40am On Nov 19, 2016
berryice:
what op is trying to say is dah we shouldn't cook like we re running a resturant 24/7 nd cook all d yummy dishes grin
if you can't do that then wait let someone else take him away with food.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by LajaLaba: 7:43am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

Men like you are with the mentality that LADIES ARE MEANT FOR THE KITCHEN. Spits
Shut up undecided
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Mustack: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2016
Handsomecutepie:
[b]Only a lazy lady like the Op will ask this stupid question.

The most important factor here is LOVE. If you are in love with him, nobody ll tell you to cook; you ll be the one begging him to allow you to cook for him at every visit.

It's a natural thing for a well brought up Nigeria lady to cook without any hesitation while the lazy ones look for any excuse not to cook.

The first red flag for Nigeria men in a relationship is when a lady refuses or lack cooking skills. 2% of Nigeria men who were probably raised by a single mum or controlling wives wouldn't mind the likes of Op while the remaining 98% Nigeria men would throw the likes of Op out at any slightest opportunity cos good and well bred ladies are more than willing to cook...

If you are well brought up lady(Nigeria raised not all these UK/US spoilt brats), cooking becomes your second nature. Trust me, you won't be at ease at your boyfriend house when cooked foods are not available.

Nigerian men prefer to hustle and make money available for their family while their White counterparts in western world want 50/50 shared responsibilities with their wives. This 50/50 shared responsibilities mentality or culture make life difficult for western ladies to cope with domestic responsibilities which informed the reason why they do a lot of eating at restaurants. Ridiculously, our Nigeria ladies are trying so hard to copy this white culture without looking at this vital point of 50/50 shared responsibilities.
[/b]
give him 3 bottles of ogidiga
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 7:46am On Nov 19, 2016
Alariwo2:

that's how you people will be deceiving us

see Adekunle gold wey first sing orente, na him later sing Oluwa provide a boo o

I sabi as e dey go, na those small boys for romance section una fit dey bobo anyhow
correct guy.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by ezzyily9iz(m): 7:46am On Nov 19, 2016
Just passing by

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Mustack: 7:50am On Nov 19, 2016
Toofan007:
So the times you decide not to cook the guy no go chop abi? If you come next time and see somebody who is ready to cook five out of five inna the kitchen nko?
not five out of five, five out of three..
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Mustack: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2016
yoged:
No.. Maybe you should call your ancestors to come and cook for him.
this guy don vex
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Youngpo413: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2016
Alariwo2:
Glad we still have choice girls like queen mimzyy
we love you mimzyy.
Mimzyy is Bae.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Mustack: 7:59am On Nov 19, 2016
blesoh:

Last week Saturday, my elder bro got married to the girl that advised him to stop eating in an eatery, she started cooking for him, his first girlfriend that doesn't like the idea of cooking but eating out is still there searching.
pls advice her to use google finder
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by abfalkolly(m): 7:59am On Nov 19, 2016
I jst laughed at ur immature comment....we knw pple like u......
Stupedinluv:
Is this even a question? Who doesnt know only desperate girls do that.

next pls
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Realhommie(m): 8:01am On Nov 19, 2016
freeman67:

Food wey ordinary friends the cook for their male friends naim person babe go d contemplate.

My brother the tin tire me, infact i'm at a loss for words and perplexed.. The sorta mindset and orientation these ladies have nowadays ehnnnn, na God go help us oooo.. It is well
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Mustack: 8:04am On Nov 19, 2016
ocheche247:
infact thank you for posting this. My fiancé and I live close to each other. I cook a lot for us. Meaning he either eats at my place everyday or I cook at his place. The issue is this, he comes to my place late at night say around 10pm and expects me to wake up and make eba for him but I tell him no please he should help himself out from the pot atleast when its late. Yesterday this happened and he threatened to end the relationship that I must cook for him always. Please people tell me is he right? Concerning sex we hardly have sex cos I believe it's wrong. He is yet to pay my bride price and I feel he is demanding too much. am I wrong?
chain Nigeria can be so smart. using a reverse answer to ask a question.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Edijana2015(m): 8:07am On Nov 19, 2016
Please we are Africans let's stop all this trying to copy the western culture.The more we neglect our cultures and traditions, the more complicated our inferiority becomes.

4 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by barcaboi(m): 8:12am On Nov 19, 2016
this is a babe I wanna marry....lil things like these are what guys watch out for b4 deciding to marry a lady.....I love cooking and don't really like eating someone else's meal but if my babe has problems cooking 4 me den there's a problem. and it shdnt even be up 4 discussion. ..it shd be natural whether she cooks or not....she should be free wt me and cooking or not cooking sure does not make me marry her......and don't term other opinion contrary to yours as myopic...it's rude...u brought a topic up and u shdnt expect everyone 2 support ur views....
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by stubbornman(m): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2016
Masonic:

Its a kiddies fun park here, what do you expect?
Founder of LICK ASS GROUP claiming matured with your Nokia phone

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Bonnywest: 8:17am On Nov 19, 2016
It depends, her choice though. The guy should suggest that but not force it on her.
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by HRich(m): 8:17am On Nov 19, 2016
Hadez:

My thoughts too but girls feel it is their right to cook for a guy who hasn't even officially propose to you

Laziness in action
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by stubbornman(m): 8:18am On Nov 19, 2016
Mimzyy:
Except you guys are in a 'no sex' relationship then this is hypocrisy. I mean he bleeps you whenever you guys want but you Wana ration the number of times you cook for him just 'cos he hasn't paid your bride price? Talk about double standards. Pftttt.

PS: A man knows who his heart belongs to, if you like do monkey flips on his d!ck and fry his chicken on diamond oil, if it's not you then it's not you. Ce que sera sera.

Some gurls will just be forming Oyinbo inside Agege ...... Too much Zee world has corrupt these young minds ....such gurls like this Hadez will be even scrubbing pot and doing serious washing before she paused to update this post

I hate pretenders .......I date you,I bang you ,you can't Cook you get out with your useless standards and misplaced priorities.....

2 Likes

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by AnusOdourInhaler: 8:20am On Nov 19, 2016
My independent mind will not force you to cook for me, I'll cook for my self or take me to restaurant.. In fact, I'll be happy if you don't, because your just a person I happens to have mutual sex with.. So in essence, I'll spend on you wisely, as nothing is free, and you pay me back with good sex, that's our bargain. If I really need someone to cook for me, I'll hire a maid and be happy. If I need someone to advice me, my family is there, if I need to kill time, I can go for movies, if you don't want to give me children, I'll find some woman and pay for it.. So, there's no compulsion...

1 Like

Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by stubbornman(m): 8:22am On Nov 19, 2016
Stupedinluv:
So you cook for a guy that you are not married to.

Good girl. Onye oma

NL guys are coming to dish out likes for you.

Its not about the likes "Madam know all" its about airing your views and not pretending ....You are such a pretender you know
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by ocheche247: 8:23am On Nov 19, 2016
Mustack:

chain Nigeria can be so smart. using a reverse answer to ask a question.

how please?
Re: Should A Lady Cook For The Guy She Is Dating? by Harvest601(m): 8:36am On Nov 19, 2016
should a lady starve the guy she is dating?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

Lady Married Through Video Call Wedding To Her US Based Husband / Fitness Model, Wendy, Poses In Lingerie In Bed / Married But Dated A Single Lady For 2 Years Now I Am Loosing My Mind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.