Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,176 members, 7,811,433 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement (131501 Views)

“Why Niger Delta Will Vote Buhari For Second Term In 2019” – Richard Kpodoh / Niger Deltans Protest "Intimidation Of Jonathan By Buhari, DSS & EFCC" (Pics) / Could This Be Why @Niger Delta Avengers Are Blowing Up Pipelines?(Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by LoveDecay(m): 2:50am On Nov 21, 2016
Eastactivist:

You can't be more apt. Thanks for this nice immediate reply, you changed the course of this thread with your intelligentsia making the thread an enlightenment for Biafra discuss.

I owe you a bottle of Andre wink

I wish more of them can see it this way.

I get confused every time they say freedom. Today freedom is economic and at this moment Nigeria is the best chance they have ... This entire brouhaha is just crazy wink

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Eastactivist: 3:10am On Nov 21, 2016
LoveDecay:

I wish more of them can see it this way.

I get confused every time they say freedom. Today freedom is economic and at this moment Nigeria is the best chance they have ... This entire brouhaha is just crazy wink

It seems you quoted the wrong person, or you didn't comprehend. Anyway your opinion is your opinion, their is theirs.
Freedom can have different definitions so don't get confused when your own definition don't tally with theirs.
Left for me, Igbos will fare well when they preside over their affairs. Nigeria is distracting them and also a kind of interference to their economic growth/development. smiley

8 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 4:18am On Nov 21, 2016
Fremancipation:
The day IPOB will stop including the non-Igbos in the south south is the day I will swear my allegiance to them.

But for now I will continue to sit on the fence about the movement.

Stop trying to save people who prefer to stay in bondage. It will end up getting you killed.

Your post only captured my entire mind.

The day..IpOB or other group modify that map is a day I will swear allegiance to Biafra actualization....

That map does not capture the intrest of peaceful coexistence instead its another hateful Nigeria in the Making.

I wonder what is taking them so long to think that direction.....

Ojukwu Lost the war soley because blight of Biafra was blocked from assistance of people from socalled Biafra. Yet we forget so easily and want to make same mistake again and again...

If Nigerians are not complaining of All our defence headquarter being situated in the North,All government and international parasatal shared between Abuja and Lagos. Federal Capital territory situated at North. our defence Logo written in Arabic whereas We don't have Arabic in 3Rd level of our Language then why should that be a matter in a country that you have at LeaSt 35 percent stake. Given that you have more igbo business men as elites that you have 70% of these other tribes as polticians yet they kept asking question of ethnicity domination.

The area the op said something about igBo politicians as most corrupt is enough for me to understand that IGBOPHOBIA IS REAL

17 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by adonis89(m): 6:53am On Nov 21, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

Are you an Ijaw person?

From which LGA and village please?
m from oloibiri
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 8:03am On Nov 21, 2016
Eastactivist:

You can't be more apt. Thanks for this nice immediate reply, you changed the course of this thread with your intelligentsia making the thread an enlightenment for Biafra discuss.

I owe you a bottle of Andre wink

Thanks nwanne.

4 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 21, 2016
PenSniper:

[s]

A display of your crass naivety. Are you Indigenous People of Delusioners so daft that you must assume wboever airs an opinion contrary to your Biafra aspirations MUST be Yoruba ? So you are gullible enough to expect the entire peoples of six states of the south-south to be timidly quiet after you arrogantly annexed their region with your suicide mission ?
For how long will you run away from the truth and reality ? You are so intolerant and averse to intellectual debate. You certainly have a huge problem.[/s]

dirty afonja...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by refreshrate: 8:16am On Nov 21, 2016
Olu20090:

dirty afonja...

Simple and precise ...I like that!

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Whynotthetruth(m): 8:33am On Nov 21, 2016
playboy99:
meaning u still want to do bizness and have properties among dose you hate or hate u,n kill u for no reason pls what d logic it means u would still get the same treatment even wen u a nigerian citizen,or deres a way out?

Meaning that you can't be at their mercy again...because the government will be courting international dispute by not protecting "foreigners" and their business...

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by OMAR12: 9:14am On Nov 21, 2016
pazienza:

1. Biafra proposes a form of government where each province will have total control of her resources and only contribute to the centre.
In Biafra, smaller groups like Oron, Eket, Andoni can unite and have their own province with full resource control and pay tax to the central government.
There won't be any land use decree.
IPOB had stressed on this times without number. Even Ojukwu Biafra was divided into provinces,with non Igbo speaking tribes having their own distinct provinces with indigenous administrators.
You need nobody to checkmate Igbos under such arrangement.
And moreover, naturally, Igbos exist in clans that do checkmate each other, there have never in history been a period when Igbo groups United to conquer a non Igbo speaking people.

2. Why should the capital location be an issue, since it's not going to be a case where people were milked dry so that FG and go build up Lagos and Abuja?
It will be all province for themselves.
We can apply the three capital system of RSA. The legislative in one Province, the judiciary will be hosted by another province and the Executive by another, all these can be negotiated.

3. This is totally irrelevant. Truth remains that Ndiigbo had never annexed non Igbo lands in the past. Arochukwu was only one that was annexed, but when you factor in the fact that Arochukwu was won by a union of Aro, Ibibio and Akpa( Ekoid) people, then it could hardly be termed annexation.
Ndiigbo are not empire builders. Annexation and expansionism is not our trait. We are republicans by nature.
No Nigerian state government was ever going to approve being part of Biafra, even. Enugu state government denied Biafra. So citing Delta state government response is quite irrelevant to the issue of Biafra. Nobody expected any different response. But IPOB and their Biafran ideology is well received by the commoners in Enu ani, which is why Asaba is an IPOB stronghold.

4. This again is a trivial matter. Each province will have their own language and English as their official language.
English will remain the lingua franca.
But this is quite funny. You are scared of an Igbo national language, but comfortable with an English non African lingual franca.

The scenario you painted of someone being denied position because of ethnicity will not happen with the structure Biafra intends to run on. The provinces will be stronger and more lucrative than the centre. It won't be the case of Nigeria.
Moreover, I personally don't subscribe to a Biafra with Ijaw, Edo and Edoids( Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko), when I think of Biafra, I think of Igbo, Igboids and AkwaCross, cos these are people we share similar ideologies with.

Infact, I'm only replying you because you stated that you are from AkwaCross area .
So my use of Biafra during the course of my reply represents strictly Igbo, Igboid and AkwaCross and maybe Ogoni.

5. Igbos are often the subject of caustic attacks by those groups you mentioned, which I personally don't consider part of Biafra.
Go to Ijaw facebook pages, Radio Niger Delta, and even here in NL and see the amount of hatred towards Ndiigbo emanating from those quarters.
How many times have you seen Igbos hurl insults at AkwaCross people? Rarely. Why? Because you hardly get Igbophobia in AkwaCross area. AkwaCross people are all over Aba, they understand the Igboman and the Igbo man understand them, they don't show us hate, and in return we don't show them hate.

This generation Of Ndiigbo know better. We will not allow Igbophobic elements whether from
Ijaw, Edo, Edoids or Yoruba go unpunished. We will reply them with so much hate that even lucifer will marvel. Actions must be met with reactions.
So, if you think we are hurling insults at those children of hate, then you are John snow, cos what you are seeing is only just the beginning.
Peeps must be forced to learn that Igbophobia will not be tolerated by Ndiigbo, simple.
I have no intent of sharing Biafra with those people, it's only natural that they stick to their Arewa masters, you know what they say of birds of same feather. cool

6. Again Nnamdi had made it clear he has no political ambitions in Biafra. Even if he does, the kind of structure Biafra intends to run on will make the centre only ceremonial, it won't be same all powerful Nigerian president.
Ndiigbo had no problem with Obong of Calabar rulling the Eastern region house of Chiefs ahead of Eze Nri , Eze aro, Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnewi, etc. We had no problem with Eyo ita ruling the Eastern region , Adaka was voted by Ndiigbo in UNN as the SUG president, we voted a Fulani as the first Mayor of Enugu, we all voted an Ogbia man, GEJ and stood by him when all abandoned him even Ijaw men like Clark abandoned him since.

We are more than capable of voting non Igbos.
By the way, remove Urhobo here, I don't consider them part of Biafra.

7. How exactly are Igbo leaders the most corrupt in the country? What did you smoke?

Are thieves like Ibori, Amaechi, Silva, Abacha, Obj, IBB Igbos? Please don't provoke me with this Igbophobic statement, cause you won't like the outcome.

Biafra will be structured in such a way that government will be too close to the people. No more Abuja jamboree, that alone will curb the excesses of the politicians. They will be under closer scrutiny by their people,and since each province is going to be ran by what they produce, it will force leaders to think outside the box.
The abrogation of the dubious Obj created land use decree will hand the lands back to the natives and the government must serve the owners of the land and not the other way round. All these will change the political orientation and task leaders to be more productive and transparent to earn the people support and trust.

8. Again stop dragging Edoids and Ijaws into this. You gave the impression that you are from AkwaCross area, but so far, you keep raising issues about the Edoids.
Not once have you made mention of the Oron struggle for independence , Obolo and Ibeno struggle for total control of Akwa Ibom coastline wealth, the Ekoid land disputes with Ikwo and Ezza clans of Igbo, the land disputes between Ndokis and Ibibios, these are real issues surrounding the AkwaCross Igbo relationship, instead you are focused on issues occurring in distant non related lands.
Don't give me the impression that you are an impostor claiming AkwaCross.

As for your question on utopia. Biafra will have the richest of human resources in Africa, it will have access to enormous natural gas deposits in Imo and Anambra, Coal in Enugu, crude oil reserves in Imo, Anambra, Ndoki, Etche, Asa. As well as those in AkwaCross area if you guys decide to join the party.
It will also have an enormous patriotic diaspora population spread all over the world ready to come and invest home as well as attract foreign investors, as the Biafran government will create the enabling environment for business to thrive.
The possibilities are endless.
Keeping the country peaceful is equally part of why I don't fancy having the Edoids and Ijaws in the Biafra, as doing that will unbalance things and create chaos.

9. That is just a proposal. I don't consider Itsekiri and Urhobo parts of Biafra, any body that put then on the Biafran map is merely fishing for their reactions.

We don't share same life ideology with those people. I see no basis for unity with them. We can't be running away from a mad house( Nigeria), only to end up creating another mad house in Biafra by inviting bitter people with whom we share little with to form a nation.

When you know you are going to be running your province with whatever you produce, and that there won't be monthly allocation coming from Abuja, you wouldn't be bothered about those creating 1 million provinces for themselves, since they would have to run them with their own resources and not yours.

That's the great thing about the Biafran proposed structure. It eliminates the things that turned Nigeria into a failure.

10. Biafra is not going to be a parasitic state, so there won't be any need forcing any unwilling group into it.
If an ethnic group within the proposed Biafran area votes against Biafra , then they are free to go their way. It's as free as that.

As for electoral manipulation, you can't rig where you are not popular, it will cause chaos. IPOB is too resolute and more than capable of securing the votes and ensuring no such manipulation occur.
The Biafran structure will take care of Igbophobia, by first ensuring that overwhelmingly Igbophobic elements as found in Ijaw, Edo, Edoids don't become part of Biafra.

The total resource control to the provinces and decentralization of the government, that will create will a very weak centre and strong regions will eliminate the. thoughts of phantom Igbo hegemony that exist only in people's mind.

NB: I personally subscribe to an Igbo speaking only Biafra first and foremost, but not aversed to a Union of Igbo speaking people, Akwa Cross( with Andoni of course) and maybe Ogoni too.
I subscribe to ur school of thought, it like u took the whole word out of my mouth, even if the ijoid and uhrobo were to join the train, I think they have the population to fight off this their imaginary Igbo domination, now with Biafra u have only the igbos as ur imaginary problem, which I don't think will ever come to fruition because igbos don't care about who is leading the country, provided yo fair and just. not Nigeria where u have to slug it out, with other major and minor ethnic groups, the Parliament will be equal on both sides.
resource control will speed up development in and around those communities where mineral resources are found. there is enough gas in the south east. we have human resources are keen on making things happen. I don't think the Igbo will dominate the south south region, because we have equal population if not more on the south south to checkmate the Igbo if need be.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by thedarkside: 9:56am On Nov 21, 2016
BADNEAT:
If there's a referendum today , the southern people of the south will vote to leave with their brothers ...in no situation will they prefer to stay in Nigeria ...Biafra is just a name behind an ideology ...so whether biafra o, Niger delta republic, united states of the Niger , in no case will brothers split

what makes you think bini will gladly follow you??...

biafra is binis child,the child can not master over the parents..unheard of...
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 21, 2016
amachuk:
you are a genius

True Story
My only submission to his beautiful contribution is to hate on the English Language (covers face..but seriously)
I mean, the colonial masters put us in this quagmire in the first place, why still have a love affair with their almighty language?
We cannot do away with it (some Africans, even eminent ones, feel the height of sophistication and intelligence is to master the Inglis shocked, but I digress)

We should use Sierra Leone as a case study and the way they have used and developed their Pidgin English (Krio)
It is an official lingua franca...in /on the/at the schools, work places, worship places, media, streets.....it was derived from English but I tell you, it is now as good as an African language as no Brit can understood it without learning it cool
Isn't that beautiful? And literacy rates and IQs have soared in that country since Krio (but of course undecided)

Unfortunately my people(Igbos) are among the main ones who glory the most in English, so I don' t know if they can Africanise English by developing our "broken"
That would be all kinds of amazing, if they could embrace this, and would represent a way of breaking from the shackles of colonalisation which remains big time in our continent, pervasive, everywhere, in every nook and cranny.
Jeez
We do that, and Lugard would feel a pinch in his behind wherever he is now angry
Cheers

Cc pazienza, ceaz4r, MrAnalyst, gidgiddy

2 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by PenSniper: 10:43am On Nov 21, 2016
laudate:

Chukwu biko! See finishing. shocked Ol' boy, you for pity am small, nah. winkE don tay wey I don laugh like dis! Hehehe.... cheesy grin cool

Na u sabi my lovely broda. But note that you don't talk to low-lifes in the language of the enlightened because he won't understand.
He wasted time and energy crossing out my post which shows it got the desired effect on him.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by kollynxofodile(m): 10:46am On Nov 21, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I am not for or against anybody having their own country, what I am 100% sure of is that Ijaw nation and the entire Niger Delta is not and will never be part of any ipob Biafra.

I wish Agitators good luck!

BTW Do we still have Biafra agitators? I thought they have now collapsed their Biafra dream to be campaigning for Atiku? cheesy

Indeed, the Indigenous People of Delusion (IPOD) are confused.

CAVEAT:
By Ipod I'm referring to those aggressive and bitter bunch of internet trolls and not the great Igbo nation.

I think this young Man has answered you correctly

You can cure your ignorance or continue to wallow in your self inflicted "okponu"

God forbid will I ever want. A BIAFRA with ijaws or urhobo.

Read below mi friend.

1. Biafra proposes a form of government where each province will have total control of her resources and only contribute to the centre.
In Biafra, smaller groups like Oron, Eket, Andoni can unite and have their own province with full resource control and pay tax to the central government.
There won't be any land use decree.
IPOB had stressed on this times without number. Even Ojukwu Biafra was divided into provinces,with non Igbo speaking tribes having their own distinct provinces with indigenous administrators.
You need nobody to checkmate Igbos under such arrangement.
And moreover, naturally, Igbos exist in clans that do checkmate each other, there have never in history been a period when Igbo groups United to conquer a non Igbo speaking people.

2. Why should the capital location be an issue, since it's not going to be a case where people were milked dry so that FG and go build up Lagos and Abuja?
It will be all province for themselves.
We can apply the three capital system of RSA. The legislative in one Province, the judiciary will be hosted by another province and the Executive by another, all these can be negotiated.

3. This is totally irrelevant. Truth remains that Ndiigbo had never annexed non Igbo lands in the past. Arochukwu was only one that was annexed, but when you factor in the fact that Arochukwu was won by a union of Aro, Ibibio and Akpa( Ekoid) people, then it could hardly be termed annexation.
Ndiigbo are not empire builders. Annexation and expansionism is not our trait. We are republicans by nature.
No Nigerian state government was ever going to approve being part of Biafra, even. Enugu state government denied Biafra. So citing Delta state government response is quite irrelevant to the issue of Biafra. Nobody expected any different response. But IPOB and their Biafran ideology is well received by the commoners in Enu ani, which is why Asaba is an IPOB stronghold.

4. This again is a trivial matter. Each province will have their own language and English as their official language.
English will remain the lingua franca.
But this is quite funny. You are scared of an Igbo national language, but comfortable with an English non African lingual franca.

The scenario you painted of someone being denied position because of ethnicity will not happen with the structure Biafra intends to run on. The provinces will be stronger and more lucrative than the centre. It won't be the case of Nigeria.
Moreover, I personally don't subscribe to a Biafra with Ijaw, Edo and Edoids( Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko), when I think of Biafra, I think of Igbo, Igboids and AkwaCross, cos these are people we share similar ideologies with.

Infact, I'm only replying you because you stated that you are from AkwaCross area .
So my use of Biafra during the course of my reply represents strictly Igbo, Igboid and AkwaCross and maybe Ogoni.

5. Igbos are often the subject of caustic attacks by those groups you mentioned, which I personally don't consider part of Biafra.
Go to Ijaw facebook pages, Radio Niger Delta, and even here in NL and see the amount of hatred towards Ndiigbo emanating from those quarters.
How many times have you seen Igbos hurl insults at AkwaCross people? Rarely. Why? Because you hardly get Igbophobia in AkwaCross area. AkwaCross people are all over Aba, they understand the Igboman and the Igbo man understand them, they don't show us hate, and in return we don't show them hate.

This generation Of Ndiigbo know better. We will not allow Igbophobic elements whether from
Ijaw, Edo, Edoids or Yoruba go unpunished. We will reply them with so much hate that even lucifer will marvel. Actions must be met with reactions.
So, if you think we are hurling insults at those children of hate, then you are John snow, cos what you are seeing is only just the beginning.
Peeps must be forced to learn that Igbophobia will not be tolerated by Ndiigbo, simple.
I have no intent of sharing Biafra with those people, it's only natural that they stick to their Arewa masters, you know what they say of birds of same feather.

6. Again Nnamdi had made it clear he has no political ambitions in Biafra. Even if he does, the kind of structure Biafra intends to run on will make the centre only ceremonial, it won't be same all powerful Nigerian president.
Ndiigbo had no problem with Obong of Calabar rulling the Eastern region house of Chiefs ahead of Eze Nri , Eze aro, Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Nnewi, etc. We had no problem with Eyo ita ruling the Eastern region , Adaka was voted by Ndiigbo in UNN as the SUG president, we voted a Fulani as the first Mayor of Enugu, we all voted an Ogbia man, GEJ and stood by him when all abandoned him even Ijaw men like Clark abandoned him since.

We are more than capable of voting non Igbos.
By the way, remove Urhobo here, I don't consider them part of Biafra.

7. How exactly are Igbo leaders the most corrupt in the country? What did you smoke?

Are thieves like Ibori, Amaechi, Silva, Abacha, Obj, IBB Igbos? Please don't provoke me with this Igbophobic statement, cause you won't like the outcome.

Biafra will be structured in such a way that government will be too close to the people. No more Abuja jamboree, that alone will curb the excesses of the politicians. They will be under closer scrutiny by their people,and since each province is going to be ran by what they produce, it will force leaders to think outside the box.
The abrogation of the dubious Obj created land use decree will hand the lands back to the natives and the government must serve the owners of the land and not the other way round. All these will change the political orientation and task leaders to be more productive and transparent to earn the people support and trust.

8. Again stop dragging Edoids and Ijaws into this. You gave the impression that you are from AkwaCross area, but so far, you keep raising issues about the Edoids.
Not once have you made mention of the Oron struggle for independence , Obolo and Ibeno struggle for total control of Akwa Ibom coastline wealth, the Ekoid land disputes with Ikwo and Ezza clans of Igbo, the land disputes between Ndokis and Ibibios, these are real issues surrounding the AkwaCross Igbo relationship, instead you are focused on issues occurring in distant non related lands.
Don't give me the impression that you are an impostor claiming AkwaCross.

As for your question on utopia. Biafra will have the richest of human resources in Africa, it will have access to enormous natural gas deposits in Imo and Anambra, Coal in Enugu, crude oil reserves in Imo, Anambra, Ndoki, Etche, Asa. As well as those in AkwaCross area if you guys decide to join the party.
It will also have an enormous patriotic diaspora population spread all over the world ready to come and invest home as well as attract foreign investors, as the Biafran government will create the enabling environment for business to thrive.
The possibilities are endless.
Keeping the country peaceful is equally part of why I don't fancy having the Edoids and Ijaws in the Biafra, as doing that will unbalance things and create chaos.

9. That is just a proposal. I don't consider Itsekiri and Urhobo parts of Biafra, any body that put then on the Biafran map is merely fishing for their reactions.

We don't share same life ideology with those people. I see no basis for unity with them. We can't be running away from a mad house( Nigeria), only to end up creating another mad house in Biafra by inviting bitter people with whom we share little with to form a nation.

When you know you are going to be running your province with whatever you produce, and that there won't be monthly allocation coming from Abuja, you wouldn't be bothered about those creating 1 million provinces for themselves, since they would have to run them with their own resources and not yours.

That's the great thing about the Biafran proposed structure. It eliminates the things that turned Nigeria into a failure.

10. Biafra is not going to be a parasitic state, so there won't be any need forcing any unwilling group into it.
If an ethnic group within the proposed Biafran area votes against Biafra , then they are free to go their way. It's as free as that.

As for electoral manipulation, you can't rig where you are not popular, it will cause chaos. IPOB is too resolute and more than capable of securing the votes and ensuring no such manipulation occur.
The Biafran structure will take care of Igbophobia, by first ensuring that overwhelmingly Igbophobic elements as found in Ijaw, Edo, Edoids don't become part of Biafra.

The total resource control to the provinces and decentralization of the government, that will create will a very weak centre and strong regions will eliminate the. thoughts of phantom Igbo hegemony that exist only in people's mind.

NB: I personally subscribe to an Igbo speaking only Biafra first and foremost, but not aversed to a Union of Igbo speaking people, Akwa Cross( with Andoni of course) and maybe Ogoni too.

3 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by IPOB123london: 10:54am On Nov 21, 2016
and the time now issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 10:46 Zoo time

as at now the hausa-fulani are the dominance right?

they control the country and they have even dash oga Yeye master tinubu inside gutter

at the other side they control oil blocks since 1960; most of them get rich if not for oil in the old eastern region.

their cattle move around the country destroying farms and the herdsmen go round killing many many people only for the gworo in aso rock to come and say the killers are not from nigeria; chikena

The oil oyibo companies and fg has destroyed your farming land which will take another 100 yrs to recuperate

still the baboons and monkeys are banging on Igbos like afonja

and u are seriously telling us black people are not insane; maddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

poster and TonyeBarcanista pls take some poison and leave

u are making me sick for real

Nevertheless when u are told IGBO are direct creation from heaven u think this is a joke

making sense they think ? illogical rubbish

ENVY

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by OMAR12: 11:32am On Nov 21, 2016
jasysandra:
This issue of Biafrans including uninterested people in their Map is very funny. Delta state is even included in the map grin. I have been told severally by people across the Niger that Asaba igbo is not real igbo even when they can understand me clearly and I they. I just wonder how we will fare in a country such as biafra when we are already being discriminated against.

All ye barkers and eaters of destiny,if you mention me........... angry angry
are u from asaba, if yes then I understand ur pain. BT u should know that the people that have suffered the highest discrimination in igboland are the mbaise's. discrimination or not this struggle is what binds the Igbo larger society. I have friends from asaba & agbor. if u take a look at those discriminating, u will find out that it either those that learned trade that has no wide scope of the Igbo region apart from the 5 state, these are the kind of people that believes that Igbos can only be found in the 5 core Igbo states. I for one never believed that there was any Igbo in any other states asides from the 5 Igbo states, that was when I was much younger. so u see it easier for the small to notice the big, than for the big to notice the small. the igboid groups in the south south know more about the igboid groups in the south east because they constitute the small, while those in the south east constitute the big. don't be angry when these things happens, it ball down to the ignorance of a few. sorry if their attitude hurts u in any way.

8 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
IPOB123london:
and the time now issssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss 10:46 Zoo time

as at now the hausa-fulani are the dominance right?

they control the country and they have even dash oga Yeye master tinubu inside gutter

at the other side they control oil blocks since 1960; most of them get rich if not for oil in the old eastern region.

their cattle move around the country destroying farms and the herdsmen go round killing many many people only for the gworo in aso rock to come and say the killers are not from nigeria; chikena

The oil oyibo companies and fg has destroyed your farming land which will take another 100 yrs to recuperate

still the baboons and monkeys are banging on Igbos like afonja

and u are seriously telling us black people are not insane; maddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

poster and TonyeBarcanista pls take some poison and leave

u are making me sick for real

Nevertheless when u are told IGBO are direct creation from heaven u think this is a joke

making sense they think ? illogical rubbish

ENVY
Seriously Brother....Now i know why Igbos will always be richer.....U dont sit down one place and complain their is no customer patronizing you ( adighi etukwu otu ebe a kiri mmonwu )

IF MOST OF THIS MINORs IN DELTA REGION SEES ALL THIS AND STILL CLAIM THAT IGBO MAJORITY WILL BE WORSE THEN I BELIEVE ONE MAN CAN ACTUALLY DO A CHARM THAT CAN ENSLAVE A GENERATION.

When they talk about land grabbing which i know it was Yoroubas that brought up that crazy stereotype then i ask, when has the Igbo people anytime in their entire history raid a particular Non Igbo territory to claim their land.
Hausas and Fulanis have annexed all part of Christian Minority part of Mid North(centra) with force, wiping a whole tribe through aggression yet some of our Neighbors would never see the devil but speak ill of the Jesus they see.

Yoroubas sold their Land to Igbos, Igbos bought those land, built something on them and later take same yoroubas as tenant and at the end they start complaining of Land grabbing.

In Enugu, Achi to be precise, they have enough land...inshort my uncle has lands he can share to 40 children without having any below 3 plot....yet with all harsh condition the community and him is against selling of Land..
So i think, Igbophobia is making people say silly things, think silly and actually suffer more-than they supposed to.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by freeze001(f): 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2016
playboy99:
meaning u still want to do bizness and have properties among dose you hate or hate u,n kill u for no reason pls what d logic it means u would still get the same treatment even wen u a nigerian citizen,or deres a way out?

He is talking of the ECOWAS Treaty, In the event of a separation, the 2 countries will still be West African countries bound by the treaty of free movement and other laws governing ECOWAS. Biafra will be a sovereign nation giving its citizens a separate identity and therefore no longer forced to operate under conditions of contrived wickedness under the 'one Nigeria' philosophy.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
merahki:

True Story
My only submission to his beautiful contribution is to hate on the English Language (covers face..but seriously)
I mean, the colonial masters put us in this quagmire in the first place, why still have a love affair with their almighty language?
We cannot do away with it (some Africans, even eminent ones, feel the height of sophistication and intelligence is to master the Englis shocked, but I digress)

We should use Sierra Leone as a case study and the way they have used and developed their Pidgin English (Krio)
It is an official lingua franca...in /on the/at the schools, work places, worship places, media, streets.....it was derived from English but I tell you, it is now as good as an African language as no Brit can understood it without learning it cool
Isn't that beautiful? And literacy lates and IQs have soared in that country since Krio (but of course undecided)

Unfortunately my people(Igbos) are among the main ones who glory the most in English, so I don' t know if they can Africanise English by developing our "broken"
That would be all kinds of amazing, if they could embrace this, and would represent a way of breaking from the shackles of colonalisation which remains big time in our continent, pervasive, everywhere, in every nook and cranny.
Jeez
We do that, and Lugard would feel a pinch in his behind wherever he is now angry
Cheers

Cc pazienza, ceaz4r, MrAnalyst, gidgiddy

This is why an Igbo speaking only Biafra is very appealing to me.

It will give us the option of an Igbo national language.
But if we include non Igbo speaking groups, then we must compromise on this to accommodate them.

8 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Bujumbura(m): 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
Whynotthetruth:

Your caveat means NOTHING because IPOB is a recognized group using its name derogatorily doesn't show common sense...

I saw your thread on ATIKU cheesy I hope when his boys bring envelope, you won't start singing ATIKU again wink

I saw you intimidating some guys with your utopian story on your integrity and how you can't be bought cheesygringrin

Did you notice Deji was in Jonathan's birthday party? cheesygringrin

Boy, I wait to see when you will grow up wink goodnight!!!
can we talk offline
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by ndoeyopbennet: 2:02pm On Nov 21, 2016
pazienza:

This is why an Igbo speaking only Biafra is very appealing to me.

It will give us the option of an Igbo national language.
But if we include non Igbo speaking groups, then we must compromise on this to accommodate them.

I maintain my grounds that Biafra will succeed only when Igbos stop bringing in other unrelated tribes. The Urhobo-Isoko, Edos, Itsekiri, and even Ijaw, have nothing in common with Igbo, unlike Ibibio that shares some cultural affinity. Many Igbos, in trying to make the territory larger, forcefully added people who are uninterested, based on their popular opinions, in the map of the proposed Biafra.

Again, Igbos have been creating more enemies instead of making more friends. We need to build bridges as a people, not destroy them. Just because we don't need people to create a country doesn't mean we dont need good neighbours and allies. Igbos, especially the e-Ipodians, have managed to burn bridges with other groups, including Ibibio, based on what most of them say online.

It will be very ironic if a group demanding freedom from a contraption end up forcing people into another. Biafra will certainly be another Nigeria if its ethnic groups/minorities are too many.

All-in-all, we should advocate for self rule based on ethnic borders. Igbos should fight for igbo autonomy and not that of any other group. Such things breed resentment.
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by islandmoon: 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
Igbo said Port Harcourt is Igboland, Iweokocha or something like that
Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by OMAR12: 3:17pm On Nov 21, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

I maintain my grounds that Biafra will succeed only when Igbos stop bringing in other unrelated tribes. The Urhobo-Isoko, Edos, Itsekiri, and even Ijaw, have nothing in common with Igbo, unlike Ibibio that shares some cultural affinity. Many Igbos, in trying to make the territory larger, forcefully added people who are uninterested, based on their popular opinions, in the map of the proposed Biafra.

Again, Igbos have been creating more enemies instead of making more friends. We need to build bridges as a people, not destroy them. Just because we don't need people to create a country doesn't mean we dont need good neighbours and allies. Igbos, especially the e-Ipodians, have managed to burn bridges with other groups, including Ibibio, based on what most of them say online.

It will be very ironic if a group demanding freedom from a contraption end up forcing people into another. Biafra will certainly be another Nigeria if its ethnic groups/minorities are too many.

All-in-all, we should advocate for self rule based on ethnic borders. Igbos should fight for igbo autonomy and not that of any other group. Such things breed resentment.
u can create a thread, advocating for an Igbo only country. BT I would love those akwa-cross to be in it. I just love those people.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by CandyDiamond(f): 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2016
islandmoon:
Igbo said Port Harcourt is Igboland, Iweokocha or something like that
Are alright, PH is Ikwerre land, Ikwerre people are Igboid group, Portharcourt original name is Igweocha before white colonial masters change the name to Ph just the way the colonist change Eko which is original name of Lagos to lagos. [/b]Always do research work to learn about history ok[b].

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

I beg to differ.
I think it's the other way round. Ndiigbo had always been extending the olive branch to these hateful groups, but there is no appeasing a hateful person, especially when the things they hate about Ndiigbo are the very things that make us Igbos. Our desire to be better than we are, our ambitious nature, and our pride in our achievements. They just can't stand it, and we can't stop being that way, it's an impasse.

Ultimately the most potent reply to hateful people, especially those who hate your very existence is to multiply their hatred a million times and throw back to them. Nothing emphasizes this point more than the way Israel treat the hateful Arab nations surrounding them. It's a very effective method that have been shown to work wonders.

Igbos created no enemies, those people constituted themselves enemies of Ndiigbo for no just reason. Ndiigbo never annexed their lands, or resources, Obj gave part of Delta oil to Ondo, we never took the right of ownership of their lands from them, as it was again Obj a Yoruba man that made the land use decree that took away the control of their lands and resources from them, we never killed their heroes, Abacha killed Saro Wiwa, Nigerian Army killed Boro, we never bombed their lands, Obj, a Yoruba man did when he killed them Mama and dem papa in Bayelsa.
The proceeds from their crude oil wasn't siphoned to build up Igboland, rather Awo and Gowon used them to build up Lagos and Abuja.

Yet these people don't show one hundredth of the raw hate they show towards Ndiigbo to Yorubas or North.

Some of these people took our hard earned property in PH, and are scared that we will exact some retribution on them in Biafra should they join us, some of them were partakers in the massacre of our people in 1967-70.

We have every reason to hate these people, they betrayed us when we needed them most, yet when one of them GEJ came running to us in 2011, and the North was dangling VP slot before us, we chose to shelve our own ambitions to support their son, cos we believed in Justice and equity. You would think that these people will by now have repented of their Igbophobia, but no, it only multiplied more.
Why? Because the best cure to hate is administration of hate 1 Million Times more concentrated on the aggressor and not love. You don't show love to demons or witches that are only out for the destruction Of the core things that make you, you. It never worked that way.

Again, I don't know why you are bent on dragging alien people( Urhobo, Ijaws, Itsekiri and Isoko) into our Biafran discussion by fire and by force, ogini di? I no do nah by force? I had told you that those aliens don't fit into healthy biafran agenda. The hate emanating from those quarters is just to toxic and will choke our young nation before she even stands a chance of growing,

When did Ndiigbo drag those bitter people into Biafra, let me guess? The circulated maps? They are many Biafrans maps out there, they are merely proposals and in no way insinuate forcing people into Biafra.
If the jellyfishes from those hateful groups are interpreting those maps as forcing them into Biafra, then they are even more pathetic than I envisaged.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Noneroone(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2016
pazienza:

You are not wanted. You are the madness we seek to do away with. Stop seeking for cheap attention and deal with it. cool
stop replying him. the attention seeker mathy001 is the same person as jasysandra and frathermathy, the urhobo loser that was complaining about the demise of their language in one thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 4:39pm On Nov 21, 2016
Noneroone:
stop replying him. the attention seeker mathy001 is the same person as jasysandra and frathermathy, the urhobo loser that was complaining about the demise of their language in one thread.

Thanks.
I knew it was him.

6 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 5:08pm On Nov 21, 2016
For the naive Igbos out there.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by pazienza(m): 5:14pm On Nov 21, 2016
"Go to Okpe Road in Sapele you will see so many Igbo houses that they left behind when they where chased by the indigene of the area. Those houses are occupied by them unto this day. If you dont know much about delta state keep your mouth shut. In delta central, there are over 10 Itsekiri towns and villages. Where is is deltal state apart from these areas that I have mentioned".~ Kpogede 7 ( a self acclaimed Itsekiri youth leader)
https://www.nairaland.com/kpogede77/posts/12

Only naive pathetic and uninformed Igbo youths speak of having these hateful beings in Biafra. Tufia. Ala ekwekwala ngwere gbaa aji!
Obulu ogwu na oyalo ele.

I wonder if any of them have ever visited enclaves like Sapele, Ughelli and the Rest to access the toxic stench of Igbophobia emanating from those quarters. Or do they just sit at home and start making uniformed comments.

Ndiigbo mulukwanunu ako for once.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by hushuptimus: 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
To clerify those that claim real or fake Igbo

There is notin like real or fake Igbo, notin like asaba Igbo or central igbo or Delta Igbo.

Who are the central igboes. Awka,nnewi, orlu, owerri, udi

The Igbo language is dynamic and has many variations.
The so called central language is just a generally accepted and well understood variation of language and no clan or community or state in igboland can claim the central Igbo language to be their local dialect.
There are many factors that affects a language
Proximity to other cultures.
Geographical location
Interaction with other cultural groups.
The reason for posting this is to clear the air surrounding the Igbo language and end the discrimination. Igbo language is one with many variations.

4 Likes

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by TheSonOfMark(m): 5:18pm On Nov 21, 2016
Olu20090:

Afonjas claiming Akwa Ibom. This people need help...go and focus on your Oduo Republic and stop worrying about our own struggle. I have never seen a people like this before in my life.
Predictable hogwash.

His assertions and summations mirror those of majority of folks from the Akwa-Cross region. While we fully support the right to secession by peaceful means, we reject attempts to be hoodwinked into being lumped together only to be exploited further. WE AREN'T BIAFRANS.

Now try terming me a Yoruba or Hausa bigot and watch as I place a gazzillion curses on you in my native Ibibio Language.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by hushuptimus: 5:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
Okigwe is centralized and strategic both economical and political

Re: Why Niger Deltans Won't Subscribe To The Biafran Movement by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2016
ndoeyopbennet:

I am just raising issues.

I think a name like Lower Niger Republic, or something else will sail better if Biafrans really want non-Igbos to follow.

LOL. When it reaches negotiation period prior to the referendum, the Igbo stakeholders can willingly give up the Biafra title for another one mutually accepted by Ibibio-Efik-Oron-Annang-Ogoja regions. The Igbo stakeholders won't let something as petty as befitting Title prevent them from cutting ties with Nigeria. Another reason I think it'll be changed is, Biafra title was adopted by Ijaw man before independence, if another non-Igbo adopts another name accepted by all tribes, Igbo stakeholders won't mind keying in.

Sexier names can be adopted in that stage.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (85) (Reply)

Apc Primaries Updates, 12 APC Governors Endorse Buhari / Meet Chioma Uzodinma, Imo First Lady (Photos) / More Revelations On Maina's Reinstatement By Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.