Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! (3861 Views)

Photos Of Senate President,saraki And Lawyers Walk Out On Tribunal / Ibo Herd And Siege Mentality And Inferiority Complex / Angry Ekiti Youths Storm Court, Send Judges And Lawyers Away. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by back2back(f): 9:46am On Nov 05, 2009
I thought slavery and colonialism ended in 1960.

Below is the picture of Nigerian lawyer still wearing these rubbish 'white' wigs on their head!

Can they think of anything else creative?

What a sorry back people!

Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by FBS: 12:03pm On Nov 05, 2009
Of course slavery did not end in 1960 but I agree with you, they could be more creative with the "wig" since it's part of their uniform.

No offense to the lawyers in the house though. wink cheesy
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by blacksta(m): 12:12pm On Nov 05, 2009
I always wondered why they wear that rubbish / Cant they just wear a suit/ Maybe it is show off culture
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by Kenezi: 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2009
Nigeria adopted the English legal system and has the same traditions as the English because it it. If you don't like it, go and take up sharia for the national legal code.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by beneli(m): 2:20pm On Nov 05, 2009
Kenezi:

Nigeria adopted the English legal system and has the same traditions as the English because it it. If you don't like it, go and take up sharia for the national legal code.

Adopting the English legal system doesn't really excuse wearing those crazy looking wigs they wear! I am not sure whether wearing those things is really relevant to our legal system, but even if it was, which i doubt, our lawyers certainly don't look smart in them. And going by the state of the legal justice system in the country, it's as if the wigs put a woolly cap on their ability to interprete the law.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by vangogh: 2:39pm On Nov 05, 2009
I have always wondered why any sane person would want to don
a piece of rag on his/her head.
It is nothing but colonial mentality! Sooner we extricate ourselves from this
mentality the better for future lawyers. W to see
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by vangogh: 2:43pm On Nov 05, 2009
I have always wondered why any sane person would want to don
a piece of rag on his/her head.
It is nothing but colonial mentality!  Sooner we extricate ourselves from this
mentality the better for future lawyers. We need to see ourselves from the Nigerian
perspective, and not that of British regardless of our past association with Britain.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by back2back(f): 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2009

And who legal system did English adopted??

Thats exactly what is colo-mentality.

These lawyers really need to think out of the box!
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by mustafar1: 4:00pm On Nov 05, 2009
Lmao i've always thought they were aweful. same with nurses wearing those darn dresses
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by citizenY(m): 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2009
These wigs just reminds me of clowns, especially with the joke the whole legal system is turning out to be.

imagine - different strokes for different folk- see Bode George and person wey do 419 or steal goat sef - judge for yourself

- see election tribunal and manipulation

- see Odili's court injunction

- see Ibori's special court sponsored founded by Aondoaka and funded by Uduaghan

- see rigmarole for Almustapha case - Rogers evidence and the big shots roped in?

abegi

-see Yar'adu'a appointing Aondoakaa, mafia lawyer as Attorney General- that is the icing of the cake

Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by chosen04(f): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2009
Whats the happen with lawyers seif?
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by Kenezi: 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2009
If lawyers wearing wigs which they adopted from the colonial days is colonial mentality, then you better stop wearing English and western clothes because Nigerians didn't wear them before Nigeria was colonised. Stop everything the British brought over! That will be a laugh.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by mustafar1: 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2009
whether british or american or german. the thing looks aweful
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by texazzpete(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2009
FYI - Slavery isn't over yet. At least not in Nigeria where we bring up young men and women from the villages to slave and toil for us all in the name of houseboy/housegirl.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by texazzpete(m): 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2009
must_a_far:

whether british or american or german. the thing looks aweful

I think the word you were looking for was 'awful'.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by mustafar1: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2009
same difference english is not my first language.

that houseboy and housegirl thing dey vex person. its worse when we treat them accordingly and not as children. i hope somene doesnt come in here and say but at least they get A, B, C and D that their families cannot afford.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by vangogh: 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2009
Kenezi:

If lawyers wearing wigs which they adopted from the colonial days is colonial mentality, then you better stop wearing English and western clothes because Nigerians didn't wear them before Nigeria was colonised. Stop everything the British brought over! That will be a laugh.

We do not have to retain everything from the colonial era; obviously, some things are okay to retain, and
some we need to do away with. This wig wearing "thing is of no significance value, and if you ask me, it makes
Nigerian lawyers look stone-aged. 

If you compare the dressing of American lawyers to that of Britain/Nigeria, you'll see
that American lawyers appear smarter.  Just to clarify, I am not in anyway implying that American lawyers are smarter than
Nigerians in terms of their trade.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by canuck(m): 7:04pm On Nov 05, 2009
@ Topic

Wigs made their first appearance in a courtroom purely and simply because that’s what was being worn outside the courtroom. . . during the reign of England's King Charles II. . . in the 1680scheesy

PS: I think the guy in the pix below (from a fellow Commonwealth country) has had enough already  grin

Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by bawomolo(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2009
the ones with the dusty old wigs are the worst.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by canuck(m): 7:14pm On Nov 05, 2009
^^^^ You mean the SANs? cheesy

The dustier, the more experienced - Na im make one charge-and-bail lawyer dey drag im wig for ground make de tin quick old cheesy
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by Nobody: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2009
another ridiculous topic

@ op, i bet you wear jeans and tshirts and trainers and listen to rap and r&b  music and watch television, and listen to the radio, and post on the internet . . .all of which were also invented in the west

why don't you be creative and pass your message via talking drum while decked out in buba and sokoto
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by Nobody: 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2009
vangogh:

We do not have to retain everything from the colonial era; obviously, some things are okay to retain, and
some we need to do away with. This wig wearing "thing is of no significance value, and if you ask me, it makes
Nigerian lawyers look stone-aged. 

If you compare the dressing of American lawyers to that of Britain/Nigeria, you'll see
that American lawyers appear smarter.  Just to clarify, I am not in anyway implying that American lawyers are smarter than
Nigerians in terms of their trade.

i knew it wouldnt be long before someone dragged America into the topic.

Probably why the thread was started in the first place.

Trust Nigerians to always abuse anything for whatever reason.

bush people.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by ezeagu(m): 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2009
If they insist on wearing those wigs at least let them buy a lace front like Beyonce for a couple of thousand Dollar's. Even this guy had the decency to go brunette:

Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by FBS: 9:51am On Nov 06, 2009
hahahah! ^^^ Hilarious! grin
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by Horus(m): 10:29am On Nov 06, 2009

Colonial mentality

African lawyers should stop wearing this ridiculous european wig an create an African type of headdress. Most of them are ignorant and only need to have their sense of pride built back up; pride in themselves and African ancestors. They consciously reject the African culture with their colonial mentality.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by SEFAGO(m): 11:18am On Nov 06, 2009
ezeagu is that louis the 13th or 14th. I think i can recognize that painting.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by nolongTing: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2009
They look so stupid in those wigs - MENTAL slavery has not ended!
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
is that the louis who was dethroned and killed during the French revolution?
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by Nobody: 9:21pm On Nov 06, 2009
horus are you joking with your African type of headdress suggestion.

each lawyer tribe [s][/s]should start wearing their native caps?
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by Horus(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2009
tpia.:

horus are you joking with your African type of headdress suggestion.?

No I am very serious, African lawyers should have a headdress style that represent our true African culture, our true African way of life.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by eldee(m): 3:18pm On Nov 07, 2009
Yeah . . . let them stop wearing wigs just because you think it's awful
Infact,the nurses should stop wearing those hats and while we're at it, we need get rid of the white jackets for doctors too.
Re: Colo-mentality And Lawyers White Wig! by ezeagu(m): 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2009
eldee:

Yeah . . . let them stop wearing wigs just because you think it's awful
Infact,the nurses should stop wearing those hats and while we're at it, we need get rid of the white jackets for doctors too.

Comparing a dark black man wearing a blonde wig to a white coat really is some funny sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Policemen Caught With Explosives And Grenades In Delta. / Osun Begs Tertiary Institutions' Workers To End 4-month-old Strike / ISRAEL Bombs and Wipe Out 4 Young Palestinian Boys Playing On Gaza Beach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.