Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,137 members, 7,849,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? (7343 Views)

3 Appointments To Hausa-fulanis In One Day, FFK Blasts Buhari. / Buhari: "Leave Nigeria If You Have Another Country" / Ahmad Salkida Replies Army:'I'll Be In Nigeria If Army Provide My Flight Ticket' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by pchukwudi: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2016
He who walks out on you is the one with the real power. He's the one that gives no darn. The wealkling INSISTS on compromises.

QuotaSystem:

Read the response again.

Secession is for the weak, and your kinsmen will be the ones that will campaign for one Nigeria in order to protect their investments and access to markets.

1 Like

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by QuotaSystem: 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
pchukwudi:
He who walks out on you is the one with the real power. He's the one that gives no darn. The wealkling INSISTS on compromises.

Is your brain turned inside out from excess snuff Pa Chukwudi? Because last time I checked nobody has walked out and only your cries and pleas for freedom are renting the air.

The one with power is the one that determines who leaves or stays, and ensures his desire is upheld at all times by any means.
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by WomanOfRace(f): 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2016
Justdulla:

Lol... But if you should read the Nigerian history, you will understand that the Easterners made the Hausa/Fulani monsters that exist today, the general feeling is just that northerns dont trust easterners with power... If that can be resolved, i feel everything will work out fine. Funny enough Ojukwu remains my role model cos he fought for a just cause.,, but when i see most leaders of nowadays in Nigeria they are certainly confused.. Instead of tackling the state of the Union, they keep dividing it further.

Yes, but those leaders are not there to lead us to greatness. You can't give what you don't have and they are clueless and there for their pocket and power. We are just citizens with no government and the earlier Nigerians come to terms with that knowledge the better for us. No one is looking out for us, those crumbs they throw at us some times is just a deception because they think we are dogs.

It is a strategy and that's why we are sinking and sinking fast. We are fractured to fight for anything one Nigeria. The truth is before us.
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by QuotaSystem: 1:59pm On Nov 21, 2016
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
WomanOfRace:

Yes, but those leaders are not there to lead us to greatness. You can't give what you don't have and they are clueless and there for their pocket and power. We are just citizens with no government and the earlier Nigerians come to terms with that knowledge the better for us. No one is looking out for us, those crumbs they throw at us some times is just a deception because they think we are dogs.

It is a strategy and that's why we are sinking and sinking fast. We are fractured to fight for anything one Nigeria. The truth is before us.
Funny enough the youths cant be relied upon cos we are more divided and corrupt than our leaders... I had assumed that Buhari was gona carry out a moral revolution, but his rather busy solving intra party issues and stuck on blaming PDP's regime.... How i wish the youths of Nigeria can come together drop tribe, culture, religion et al and seize power from these old folks... kinda a jerry rawlings shiii on em
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by WomanOfRace(f): 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2016
Justdulla:

Lol... But if you should read the Nigerian history, you will understand that the Easterners made the Hausa/Fulani monsters that exist today, the general feeling is just that northerns dont trust easterners with power... If that can be resolved, i feel everything will work out fine. Funny enough Ojukwu remains my role model cos he fought for a just cause.,, but when i see most leaders of nowadays in Nigeria they are certainly confused.. Instead of tackling the state of the Union, they keep dividing it further.

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Fremancipation: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2016
Justdulla:

Why do yoh have to be so daft to criticize?? why cant you maintain decorum, you start by saying i make no sense... i wont waste a text on you.. you aint mentally mature.

Please read what you wrote again. I read it 3 times and the logic makes no sense.
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by WomanOfRace(f): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
Justdulla:

Funny enough the youths cant be relied upon cos we are more divided and corrupt than our leaders... I had assumed that Buhari was gona carry out a moral revolution, but his rather busy solving intra party issues and stuck on blaming PDP's regime.... How i wish the youths of Nigeria can come together drop tribe, culture, religion et al and seize power from these old folks... kinda a jerry rawlings shiii on em

That's it but you know...blood ties is thicker than water. We are too sectional to come together to fight a just war.
The funniest part is the trust will never be there;someone must betray someone and that someone will now serve as the sacrifice. This is also the reason we are not developing, we take two steps forward and the four steps backward. We are too rotten from inside to make that change.The few willing to, are outnumbered.

1 Like

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by pchukwudi: 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2016
Kid I'm actually not here to join words with you. It's only a mentally blinded jack that does not yet realize that it's goodbye.
[s]
QuotaSystem:

Is your brain turned inside out from excess snuff Pa Chukwudi? Because last time I checked nobody has walked out and only your cries and pleas for freedom are renting the air.

The one with power is the one that determines who leaves or stays, and ensures his desire is upheld at all times by any means.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Nobody: 2:13pm On Nov 21, 2016
WomanOfRace:

That's it but you know...blood ties is thicker than water. We are too sectional to come together to fight a just war.
The funniest part is the trust will never be there;someone must betray someone and that someone will now serve as the sacrifice. This is also the reason we are not developing, we take two steps forward and the four steps backward. We are too rotten from inside to make that change.The few willing to, are outnumbered.
Yes ooo very very outnumbered... truth is if you look at the Nigerian youths, we dont really have problem with one another but tbis old people keep planting hates our mind. Imagine someone telling me to take revenge over something thag happened before i was born... That's the mentality we stuck with but i know sooner of later, somethings gona take place either for the better or the worse but i fervently pray its the former
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by WomanOfRace(f): 2:22pm On Nov 21, 2016
Justdulla:

Yes ooo very very outnumbered... truth is if you look at the Nigerian youths, we dont really have problem with one another but tbis old people keep planting hates our mind. Imagine someone telling me to take revenge over something thag happened before i was born... That's the mentality we stuck with but i know sooner of later, somethings gona take place either for the better or the worse but i fervently pray its the former

There are things worth fighting and dying for,things hero's will be remembered for; Nigeria is not a place to do such. We should have waited a little bit before demanding for our Independence. Now i see it was demanded for out of greed than purpose.

For me ,I do not recognize any government; they are bunch of failures.

We fight for survival and succession not for unity.
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Blue3k(m): 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
Fremancipation:
The silence of this thread is not unnoticed.

If the title of this thread said "Reasons why Biafra will fail" all of a sudden every one and their mother will come out from their shells and jump on the topic.

Nobody cares they're irrelevant in so many areas. It is parasitic relationship actually due to resource sharing. The north also has the lowest gdp, gdp per capita and IGR, lowest educated population , lowest entrance and performances in WAEC and neco exams. Also the northern sharia states are hypocrites collecting alcohol VAT but bann alcohol.

Nobody will mention or distute. Even when QoutaSystem talks he never bring up these points. With the political power the made themselves impoverished and uneducated. How do you brag about such a blunder lol.

Next he'll say secession is for weak since when. Many countries broke away from larger power. It takes strength to go up against opposition. Texas broke from Mexico, America broke from Great Britain, sigapore broke from Malaysia, Crimea broke from Ukraine etc.

I'm for one Nigeria with reforms. Btw take a look at pie graph showing IGR. North is laggard they need Southern productivity.

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 21, 2016
WomanOfRace:

There are things worth fighting and dying for,things hero's will be remembered for; Nigeria is not a place to do such. We should have waited a little bit before demanding for our Independence. Now i see it was demanded for out of greed than purpose.

For me ,I do not recognize any government; they are bunch of failures.

We fight for survival and succession not for unity.
hahhaha in the independence... na i too sabi kill our leaders.... They didn't take their time to learn politics from the colonists they were jjst greedy for power... thats why i don't refer to those men as national leaders

1 Like

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by QuotaSystem: 6:21pm On Nov 21, 2016
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Blue3k(m): 6:42pm On Nov 21, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Your post is empty. Is it the spam bot or mods?
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by decomaniaboss(f): 6:48pm On Nov 21, 2016
jumper524:
Na Wa O Hw Anambra Take Be 6times The Size Of Lagos Nd Una Don 4get Una Population Including The Ones Wey Dey Prison
it may not be 6th time the size of Lagos but ,Lagos is a very small state in landmark compare to anambra ...check the map
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by DaniDani(m): 8:32pm On Nov 21, 2016
coptic:
The truth is that a lot of people will rejoice if they left. And, Nigeria will be better for it.

Their nepotistic tendencies, vindictive nature, subscription to whatever a certain mallam says, too much susceptibility to violent impulses and ability to channel anger into destructive outlets, mean that Nigerians stand to benefit a lot more without these folks.

I'm northerner, but I can tell you authoritatively that these people are even more hated by the minority North, and especially Christian population than our brothers in the South dislike them. In my state for example, nobody sells land to a Hausa Muslim anymore.

They are good at nothing but destruction (apologies to my good friends from there who have made something for themselves. I'm talking about the "others"wink.

The herd instinct amongst them can only be rivaled by another them.

To me, it shall be the day that Nigeria is reborn. It will be such a thing of joy!
Really touching. These people have crossed boundaries and have defiled the concept of morality, good conscience and sensibility .
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Fremancipation: 5:51am On Jun 14, 2017
Bump.

This thread deserves a fresh attention for those who never got to see it last year. The question can change our fundamental perspective towards Biafra.
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by dnawah(m): 6:39am On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:
I have noticed the powerful impact the idea of Biafran emergence makes on Nigerians. All of a sudden, all the people complaining about the ills of Nigeria starts to defend it. Nigeria even becomes better than America and genocidal threats starts flying left and right towards igbos.

Now the question becomes, if Hausa-Fulani people decide to form arewa republic tomorrow, how many are willing to fight and die to stop them and keep them in one Nigeria??

This is a strait foward question that demands a straight forward answer. No need to beat around the bush.
i dey craze?even if i smoke cheap oshogbo weed,i no go try am.
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Fremancipation: 6:43am On Jun 14, 2017
dnawah:
i dey craze?even if i smoke cheap oshogbo weed,i no go try am.

But that's the problem. People are willing to kill igbos and threaten war if they decide to leave Nigeria but are not willing to do the same if let say Hausa Fulani decide to leave.

Why the double standards?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by kingzizzy: 7:28am On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:

But that's the problem. People are willing to kill igbos and threaten war if they decide to leave Nigeria but are not willing to do the same if let say Hausa Fulani decide to leave.

Because 'one Nigeria' is a fraud and every Nigerian knows it. There are several reasons why the different Ethnic nationalities want Nigeria to stay one or not.

Hausa/Fulani: [/b]Scared of losing out on the proceeds of Oil and Gas and being landlocked.

[b] Yoruba:
A people with a long history of fighting to be with every ethnic group around them to create empires, Yorubas have no history of being by themselves. It scares them to be alone and scares them even more for Igbos to leave them alone in Nigeria at the mercy of the North. Nigeria gives them the natural comfort zone they are used to of not having to worry about self determination.

Igbo Igbos fought the Arochuwku war, the Ekumeku war and the Biafran war in other not to be part of Nigeria. They still agitate to this day to leave Nigeria by way of peaceful referendum.

Ijaw: They like Igbos also fought imperialistic rule and triumphed briefly at the Akassa battle. An Ijaw son called Adaka Boro once declared Ijawland to be "Republic of Niger Delta". Ijaws also have a sense of self determination like Igbos but are divided how to go about it. While Ijaws such as Asari Dokubo wants his Ijaws to join Biafra, others like Ateke Tom want resource control/Restructuring.

Efik/Ibibio : It is hard to guage what the Efik/Ibibio sense of self determination is. One thing is certain, it is nowhere near the level of that of Igbos and Ijaws. There are some who want to join Igbos in Biafra, there are others who want resource control. There are some that want something called 'Oyono Republic' although there isnt much steam about it.

One thing is certain, in Nigeria, the center can no longer hold and the country is heading for dissolution.

1 Like

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Fremancipation: 8:08am On Jun 14, 2017
kingzizzy:

Because 'one Nigeria' is a fraud and every Nigerian knows it. There are several reasons why the different Ethnic nationalities want Nigeria to stay one or not.

Hausa/Fulani: [/b]Scared of losing out on the proceeds of Oil and Gas and being landlocked.

[b] Yoruba:
A people with a long history of fighting to be with every ethnic group around them to create empires, Yorubas have no history of being by themselves. It scares them to be alone and scares them even more for Igbos to leave them alone in Nigeria at the mercy of the North. Nigeria gives them the natural comfort zone they are used to of not having to worry about self determination.

Igbo Igbos fought the Arochuwku war, the Ekumeku war and the Biafran war in other not to be part of Nigeria. They still agitate to this day to leave Nigeria by way of peaceful referendum.

Ijaw: They like Igbos also fought imperialistic rule and triumphed briefly at the Akassa battle. An Ijaw son called Adaka Boro once declared Ijawland to be "Republic of Niger Delta". Ijaws also have a sense of self determination like Igbos but are divided how to go about it. While Ijaws such as Asari Dokubo wants his Ijaws to join Biafra, others like Ateke Tom want resource control/Restructuring.

Efik/Ibibio : It is hard to guage what the Efik/Ibibio sense of self determination is. One thing is certain, it is nowhere near the level of that of Igbos and Ijaws. There are some who want to join Igbos in Biafra, there are others who want resource control. There are some that want something called 'Oyono Republic' although there isnt much steam about it.

One thing is certain, in Nigeria, the center can no longer hold and the country is heading for dissolution.

Interesting analysis. I wonder why the idea of igbos leaving Nigeria drives some people crazy but the same people don't feel that way when you ask them about Hausa Fulani doing the same. Igbos need to ignore the critics and push on with their agitation for Biafra.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by kingzizzy: 8:26am On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:

Interesting analysis. I wonder why the idea of igbos leaving Nigeria drives some people crazy but the same people don't feel that way when you ask them about Hausa Fulani doing the same. Igbos need to ignore the critics and push on with their agitation for Biafra.

Ojukwu explained it that Nigeria is basically a tripod with three legs, Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

Like all tripods, if any one those legs leaves the arrangement, the whole thing will come crashing down. Igbos literally hold the existence of Nigeria in their hands. Igbos go, Nigeria crashes.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Fremancipation: 8:33am On Jun 14, 2017
kingzizzy:

Ojukwu explained it that Nigeria is basically a tripod with three legs, Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo.

Like all tripods, if any one those legs leaves the arrangement, the whole thing will come crashing down. Igbos literally hold the existence of Nigeria in their hands. Igbos go, Nigeria crashes.

Let it crash then. Enough of using human blood to water this evil garden.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Dainfamous: 8:58am On Jun 14, 2017
MyGeneration:

If loosing properties nd investment wud bring hausa/fulani republic then so be it
properties and investment add value when there is peace and economic growth,now the north will not have such economic development due to riots and terrorism.
Any property in the north will not wort anything is better to abandon it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Dainfamous: 9:00am On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:

Because igbos are controlling the economic activities in Nigeria
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Fremancipation: 9:19am On Jun 14, 2017
Dainfamous:
Because igbos are controlling the economic activities in Nigeria

So because of that they deserve to be threatened with war all the time they want to assert their right to self determination.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Dainfamous: 9:24am On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:

So because of that they deserve to be threatened with war all the time they want to assert their right to self determination.
it all boils down to that
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Fremancipation: 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2017
Bumping this thread to hear from one nigerianist. They keep avoiding this thread and refuse to answer the simple question.
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Blue3k(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2017
Fremancipation:
Bumping this thread to hear from one nigerianist. They keep avoiding this thread and refuse to answer the simple question.

I doubt anyone cares if they did. The general consensus says they are economicly backwards and holding back nation. That said you only fight for something you care about.
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by Fremancipation: 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2017
Blue3k:

I doubt anyone cares if they did. The general consensus says they are economicly backwards and holding back nation. That said you only fight for something you care about.

It just makes me angry and boils my blood when these same people are willing to commit another genocide against igbos but wont bat any eyelid if hausa-fulanis do the same. Does it mean that Igbo life is not human life?
Re: Will You Fight For One Nigeria If Hausa-fulanis Decide To Leave? by orisa37: 5:05pm On Jun 14, 2017
Fight, what for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Disturbing Pictures Of Inmates From Nigerian Prisons Ugwashi Ukwu / I Am On A Mission To Rescue Lagos From Long Years Of Bondage- Agbaje / Imo West: INEC Challenges Jurisdiction Of Court On Okorocha's Suit - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.