Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,234 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (17755 Views)

Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:

I knew where you were going to
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
urahara:

As oga hard mirror explained in the pastor to atheist thread, the common tactics used by xtians when faced with non believers is to condescend to them., to make them feel like they no nothing about life.

A very common psychological tactic

Older atheists in their 40s like we know who are always quick to denigrate the views of younger religious people .

Just yesterday , the same hardmirror insulted me because I'm a young Christian , and hopefullandlord was there too .

Till now hardmirror still hasn't countered my argument . undecided

So who is obviously deceiving who lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by damogul: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

The real thing is that my environment, my town is insane.
Not only socially.
I don't really know how to put them, I just got contrasting views with people. They are still in the old ways.
My head isn't clear right now.
The main thing I stand for is doing the right thing but the orientation is bad in this part of the country.
Let me just give you examples of those contrasting views.
1. Cultists were killing people freely in my town. Everyone was like the government should grant them amnesty, but I wanted the army to crush them so that those boys will stop carrying their shoulders high.
2. I believe in the military way of doing the right thing. Making sure it's done even by force but here they don't care if you are behaving bad until it affects them.
3. My town is filled with people who have been bought by the lies of the our stupid reps, but I wish they could gain sense.

All these I'm afraid to tell because I fear for my life. It's point and kill over here.

4. I'm wish we can work together and make our town a better place but everyone is selfish.

Atheism just made it worse, you know why?
It's because of my parents they are strict and very religious of lately, my elder bro and sis too. They are going to change their views about me.

Ok so you are most likely in Rivers State. Like i said, what tangible help could be given to you via a faceless online forum? If indeed you are in Rivers State then its easy to help lift this burden off you. Buts its up to you though. I definitely wouldnt want to force myself or my helping hand on you.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin

I don't respond to feelings , I really don't know what it means to reach conclusions based on feelings as an INTP - this is my personality type .

I reach conclusions based on logic and rational observation .

Saying "deep down" means based on feelings which apparently I can't relate to .

So through logic and rational observation , God exists .

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

Listen kid it would be too easy to ask you to unburden your heart or to ask you to share what your views are that people do not share with you ....but that would not be the solution. Just listening to you without fixing the deeper problem would not make the surface problem go away. So i will not ask you to tell me what the real issues are here but would rather opt to make it a bit more personal....yeah thats how nice i can be.

Can we take this out of this place? I have an identity i never hide as i see no reason for that so do not pretend. I would understand if you refused to take this talk out of this place but hey what have you got to loose?

This thread has got 68 views already and of these 68 people who have viewed i seem to be the only one genuinely offering transparent friendship and help.

Wanna give it a shot?
Let it just be here

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:
-

As a teen , a type of response is expected from you . You just showed it . And of course the flagrant display of immaturity is clear enough
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by honourhim: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

No one knows about me being an Atheist, the stuff is that am 24/7 7/7 30/7 alone. I hardly interact with anybody.
I don't see atheism as the cause because I have always been lonely. Atheism added it's part recently but that's not the main cause. The main cause is that no one shares the same views with me social wise and others.

You embraced a new belief system and rather than be happy you are angry with yourself? You need to check yourself and your new found belief.
you said you ve always been lonely. Does it mean you dont go to school? You just sit idly in the house 24/7? And if you do go to school do you still remain lonely even while in school? You be ogbanje or what?
Atheism is not the cause of your loneliness but it is the cause of your anger.
You have a serious problem that is beyond what you think. i just hope this doesnt consume you.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by damogul: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

Let it just be here

Then there is nothing i can do. So Sorry!

Look at it this way, I can come on here and rant and cry and curse but when done and i shut down my computer, i am back to being alone and depressed ...has my problem gone away?

Even after i pour my heart out to another would it change the scenario and events i am complaining about or alter the spiritual state of my family? When i log out i would be back to being alone...

People use their tongue to count their teeth. I advice you do same.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by jonbellion(m): 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

Ok so you are most likely in Rivers State. Like i said, what tangible help could be given to you via a faceless online forum? If indeed you are in Rivers State then its easy to help lift this burden off you. Buts its up to you though. I definitely wouldnt want to force myself or my helping hand on you.
there is no burden
The young man has come to grips with reality tongue
It's just that he's taking it so hard

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by damogul: 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
jonbellion:
there is no burden
The young man has come to grips with reality tongue
It's just that he's taking it so hard

Let him speak for himself if you wouldnt mind. People heal faster when they are allowed to express themselves and you are not helping. Besides i know you said this because you think i just might get him to a place of doing a u turn on his decision but that is not my desire. Choices are never forced or they would be slavery. He has control of his....
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
honourhim:

You embraced a new belief system and rather than be happy you are angry with yourself? You need to check yourself and your new found belief.
you said you ve always been lonely. Does it mean you dont go to school? You just sit idly in the house 24/7? And if you do go to school do you still remain lonely even while in school? You be ogbanje or what?
Atheism is not the cause of your loneliness but it is the cause of your anger.
You have a serious problem that is beyond what you think. i just hope this doesnt consume you.
Okay sir
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

I knew where you were going to

You dont know, sorry.
You only thought u knew.

Its the exuberance.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2016
urahara:

As oga hard mirror explained in the pastor to atheist thread, the common tactics used by xtians when faced with non believers is to condescend to them., to make them feel like they no nothing about life.

A very common psychological tactic

Are u talking about urself?
Well, it looks like.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:

You dont know, sorry.
You only thought u knew.

Its the exuberance.
I knew

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

Then there is nothing i can do. So Sorry!

Look at it this way, I can come on here and rant and cry and curse but when done and i shut down my computer, i am back to being alone and depressed ...has my problem gone away?

Even after i pour my heart out to another would it change the scenario and events i am complaining about or alter the spiritual state of my family? When i log out i would be back to being alone...

People use their tongue to count their teeth. I advice you do same.
Okay sir.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by jonbellion(m): 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

Let him speak for himself if you wouldnt mind. People heal faster when they are allowed to express themselves and you are not helping. Besides i know you said this because you think i just might get him to a place of doing a u turn on his decision but that is not my desire. Choices are never forced or they would be slavery. He has control of his....
okay then
Over to you ceoMYN
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

I knew

U knew, yet u find urself in "religious" section again after all the yarp of that day?
U dont even know yourself.
Obviously.

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

As a teen , a type of response is expected from you . You just showed it . And of course the flagrant display of immaturity is clear enough
Maturity is not by age na

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Older atheists in their 40s like we know who are always quick to denigrate the views of younger religious people .

Just yesterday , the same hardmirror insulted me because I'm a young Christian , and hopefullandlord was there too .

Exactly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:

U knew, yet u find urself in "religious" section again after all the yarp of that day?
U dont even know yourself.
Obviously.
The Doctrine of Ufos initially brought me here.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2016
jonbellion:
Aaaaah those teenage years
Lol
I started questioning my beliefs at 17
I told my parents I was an athiest
They were shocked anyway but that didn't make then withdraw from me or anything
They always say they pray for me and all that religpud stuff
I'm in my mid twenties now
You should open up to your parents
You don't have to be lonely shoo
my religious friends know my views towards religion
Same with my parents(I think they didn't take it so bad cuz I was doing well in school)
Hope your grades are cool
Even if you don't want to tell your parents yet I'm sure you have close friends you can share with
You don't have to be lonely
Atheism or Agnostism shouldn't make you lonely
Same age sir

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by skeendyke: 8:21pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I fully agree with this bro

The Flying Spaghetti Monster will always remain hidden to doubters and people who don't draw nearer to him

FSM be praised

Lol. Right. Thank you for clearing my doubts that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the product of hopelessly Foolish Simple Men. Bravo.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 22, 2016
jonbellion:
okay then
Over to you ceoMYN
I have answered him.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by jonbellion(m): 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
ceoMYN
You sound like a lonely guy
And you're still young
Naah this isn't right
If you weren't so lonely you won't be angry at yourself
Try and be more outspoken
Make friends
Get a hobby
Have sex
Stuff that'll ease your mind you know smiley

3 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:25pm On Nov 22, 2016
jonbellion:
Aaaaah those teenage years
Lol
I started questioning my beliefs at 17
I told my parents I was an athiest
They were shocked anyway but that didn't make then withdraw from me or anything
They always say they pray for me and all that religpud stuff
I'm in my mid twenties now
You should open up to your parents
You don't have to be lonely shoo
my religious friends know my views towards religion
Same with my parents(I think they didn't take it so bad cuz I was doing well in school)
Hope your grades are cool
Even if you don't want to tell your parents yet I'm sure you have close friends you can share with
You don't have to be lonely
Atheism or Agnostism shouldn't make you lonely
Yea, my grades are okay.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by LiberaDeus: 8:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
All you religious people, can't you people treat someone with respect and care even if he doesn't share your views

He wants someone to talk to and all the Christ warriors here are talking down on him in a condescending way, calling him a teen, getting annoyed that he doesn't bow to your god.

I want to commend damogul for at least offering friendship and advice even though I know it will end in him offering Christ to him. But at least give a listening ear to someone who called for help.

@OP, you can talk to any of the atheists here, If you don't feel ok sharing your views here then you can send pm to any body.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2016
jonbellion:
ceoMYN
You sound like a lonely guy
And you're still young
Naah this isn't right
If you weren't so lonely you won't be angry at yourself
Try and be more outspoken
Make friends
Get a hobby
Have sex
Stuff that'll ease your mind you know smiley
I got movement restriction sir, it's going to be hard unless I get admitted this year.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Veka: 8:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
is that why you cant spell correctly?
"for almost 2 decades till this year"and you are a teenager. which is it? teenager or 20's? you cant tell me you knew you believed in God from age 1,2,3 what the heck has clinton got to do with anything?
CeoMYN:
Words can't tell how angry I am right now for haven believed in God , I'm mad at myself for believing a lie for almost two decades till this year.
Right now I want a sane environment! I'm fvcking looking for the slightest chance to tell my parents who Clinton is. I'm a teen and that's going to be hard because they have become more religious recently.
I'm getting mad! No one to share my feelings with! I'm hiding it!
I don't want to die with depression and loneliness! I need a sane place!
To all those evangelists out there TFU!
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
LiberaDeus:
All you religious people, can't you people treat someone with respect and care even if he doesn't share your views

He wants someone to talk to and all the Christ warriors here are talking down on him in a condescending way, calling him a teen, getting annoyed that he doesn't bow to your god.

I want to commend damogul for at least offering friendship and advice even though I know it will end in him offering Christ to him. But at least give a listening ear to someone who called for help.

@OP, you can talk to any of the atheists here, If you don't feel ok sharing your views here then you can send pm to any body.
Thank you sir
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 8:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:
Words can't tell how angry I am right now for haven believed in God , I'm mad at myself for believing a lie for almost two decades till this year.
Right now I want a sane environment! I'm fvcking looking for the slightest chance to tell my parents who Clinton is. I'm a teen and that's going to be hard because they have become more religious recently.
I'm getting mad! No one to share my feelings with! I'm hiding it!
I don't want to die with depression and loneliness! I need a sane place!
To all those evangelists out there TFU!
you see that?

that's all atheism offers...

depression, loneliness, Madness.....

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

KingEbukasBlog:

Ebuka Ebuka

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by damogul: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

I have answered him.

It baffles me that you claim not to have friends and are lonely and depressed but when friendship is offered to enable you add to your repertoire of non existent friends you back away.

You say the Doctufos brought you here and then within a short while you now claim you are an atheist and a God hater. What drew you to the doctufos in the first place because you were drawn to it that means you were not an atheist then.

However you are a teenager and it is mind boggling the degree of hatred you expressed in your OP at this young age.

Now you went on and began talking about cultists and the army and your environment as if you are any different or better than they are when inside of you, you are just as bitter and angry as they are.

How can you love when all you see is hate? How can you not hate when you deliberately reject love when offered? Your parents and sibblings arent stupid to desire communion and comfort in love and God.... You were offered a warm bed, hot meals, a leak free roof over your head and you chose the cold chill of the night and the emptiness it comes with.

Like kingebukasblog said, atheism is transitive so for me i would not see you as an atheist....I would see you as a conflicted teen who allowed himself to be misled.

A conflicted teen who ought to be using his youth progressively in pulling his family together, rather he is pulling away from them

A conflicted teen who knows he needs help but refuses to accept it when offered. Thats suicide...and for people like you abroad..thats what it often leads to.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki / Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences / Pastor Refused To Dedicate Man's Restaurant For Selling Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.