Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,298 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before (17757 Views)

Pastor Obinim Flogs His Church Members For Having Sex Before Marriage / Gen. 1 Vs 1: Where Was God Before Creating HEAVEN And Earth? / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 8:35pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:
The Doctrine of Ufos initially brought me here.

Where is the doctrine?

Dont deceive urself at this ur age.
Atheists dont live happy lives.
If u want to live a good life, better get rid of this religious paranoia. So u will not go n develop unnecessary panic attacks for what u call "imaginary".

A word is good enough for the wise.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

So you are a Teen and you are angry and your anger is at who?

1. Your parents?

2. Your parents for becoming more religious lately

3. For believing in God for almost 2 decades

You only have one diagnosis and that is emotional tantrum and chronic depression. Atheism tends to lead one to loneliness and depression and isnt the fault of your parents, neither is it Gods fault.

Its a choice you made. You chose loneliness and depression when you chose Atheism so be a man, suck it up and enjoy or endure it. You cannot keep painting a wall with black paint and expect it to become a white wall. You choose what you become so get with the program.

Or

You can be like your Parents and enjoy warmth and affection and communion as a family thereby eschewing depression. Ultimately the choice is yours. If you wish to be angry at God for another 200yrs how would that affect God? Can you punch Him? Can you spit on Him? Can you shoot Him?

He is way beyond your reach and you would only end up hurting yourself and become suicidal. I could be your friend if you like. Even though i know you dread and detest me but i am still open to being your friend.

Surrounding yourself with so much anger and bile isnt even medically advisable and is spiritually destructive. What do you say?

1000000% endorsed!!
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
honourhim:

You are really insane as you said. I hope you recover.
you never disappoint to point that out!
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 8:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lennycool:

Ebuka Ebuka
Hehehehehehehehe

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by hopefulLandlord: 8:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
skeendyke:

Lol. Right. Thank you for clearing my doubts that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the one true God

Fixed!
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 22, 2016
Veka:
is that why you cant spell correctly?
"for almost 2 decades till this year"and you are a teenager. which is it? teenager or 20's? you cant tell me you knew you believed in God from age 1,2,3 what the heck has clinton got to do with anything?
Haven't you seen a little kid ministering?
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
promise10:

you see that?

that's all atheism offers...

depression, loneliness, Madness.....

At least it's not based on falsehood

3 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

There's no Harry Potter but there's Voldemort abi?

please, address the atheistic mad, lonely and depressed victim!!

I guess you have no solution for him, because that is what atheism still offers you. you can't give what you don't have.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:

Where is the doctrine?

If u want to live a good life, better get rid of this religious paranoia. So u will not go n develop unnecessary panic attacks for what u call "imaginary".

Search for it on NL
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 8:43pm On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:
No wonder, so you are a teen?

No wonder the behavior you demonstrated the other day.
Even explaining things to you, will be a little difficult sef.

Eiya.

leave the guy!

I would rather help get more insane with atheism than to refer any solution to him.

he needs to dive deeper into atheism, so that he can experience the frustration in a very great dimension.

the guy ain't seen anything yet.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

I just need to be in a sane environment, I dnt dread or detest you. I'm angry at myself, true am lonely. But atheism didn't cause that.

sounding dumber....
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by felixomor: 8:44pm On Nov 22, 2016
promise10:

leave the guy!

I would rather help get more insane with atheism than to refer any solution to him.

he needs to dive deeper into atheism, so that he can experience the frustration in a very great dimension.

the guy ain't seen anything yet.

Am telling u.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

It baffles me that you claim not to have friends and are lonely and depressed but when friendship is offered to enable you add to your repertoire of non existent friends you back away.

You say the Doctufos brought you here and then within a short while you now claim you are an atheist and a God hater. What drew you to the doctufos in the first place because you were drawn to it that means you were not an atheist then.

However you are a teenager and it is mind boggling the degree of hatred you expressed in your OP at this young age.

Now you went on and began talking about cultists and the army and your environment as if you are any different or better than they are when inside of you, you are just as bitter and angry as they are.

How can you love when all you see is hate? How can you not hate when you deliberately reject love when offered? Your parents and sibblings arent stupid to desire communion and comfort in love and God.... You were offered a warm bed, hot meals, a leak free roof over your head and you chose the cold chill of the night and the emptiness it comes with.

Like kingebukasblog said, atheism is transitive so for me i would not see you as an atheist....I would see you as a conflicted teen who allowed himself to be misled.

A conflicted teen who ought to be using his youth progressively in pulling his family together, rather he is pulling away from them

A conflicted teen who knows he needs help but refuses to accept it when offered. Thats suicide...and for people like you abroad..thats what it often leads to.
I was a christian then, but Otemanuduno made me think out of the box. I don't hate your God because it doesn't exist.

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 8:46pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

this piqued my interest, I thought atheism was responsible for your loneliness because it's very understandable especially in Nigeria but you just said its not

care to share the cause of your loneliness?
as for you, you have been a dumb guy for a very long time now, so I am not surprised.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 8:48pm On Nov 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ah a teen ?

Atheism is a transitive state in individuals especially teens , so you'll get over it when you are exposed to knowledge or other worldviews when you get older . You know too little to reject the existence of God .
hahahaha!!

leave the guy....

I would rather help the guy to get more frustrated with his atheistic life than to offer any drop of solution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN I totally understand how you feel, no one shares your views.
I'd advice you to get some friends that do share your views on social media(since your movement is restricted) they could live around your vicinity or could even be international. Also since you're at home you could start a hobby, maybe start drawing or a blog, just do whatever makes you happy and doesn't require you to move. I'd also advice you to not tell your parents if they're strictly religious. That would escalate things.
Also feel free to PM me anytime.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by honourhim: 8:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

It baffles me that you claim not to have friends and are lonely and depressed but when friendship is offered to enable you add to your repertoire of non existent friends you back away.

You say the Doctufos brought you here and then within a short while you now claim you are an atheist and a God hater. What drew you to the doctufos in the first place because you were drawn to it that means you were not an atheist then.

However you are a teenager and it is mind boggling the degree of hatred you expressed in your OP at this young age.

Now you went on and began talking about cultists and the army and your environment as if you are any different or better than they are when inside of you, you are just as bitter and angry as they are.

How can you love when all you see is hate? How can you not hate when you deliberately reject love when offered? Your parents and sibblings arent stupid to desire communion and comfort in love and God.... You were offered a warm bed, hot meals, a leak free roof over your head and you chose the cold chill of the night and the emptiness it comes with.

Like kingebukasblog said, atheism is transitive so for me i would not see you as an atheist....I would see you as a conflicted teen who allowed himself to be misled.

A conflicted teen who ought to be using his youth progressively in pulling his family together, rather he is pulling away from them

A conflicted teen who knows he needs help but refuses to accept it when offered. Thats suicide...and for people like you abroad..thats what it often leads to.

Good one.

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 22, 2016
Lennycool:
CeoMYN I totally understand how you feel, no one shares your views.
I'd advice you to get some friends that do share your views on social media(since your movement is restricted) they could live around your vicinity or could even be international. Also since you're at home you could start a hobby, maybe start drawing or a blog, just do whatever makes you happy and doesn't require you to move. I'd also advice you to not tell your parents if they're strictly religious. That would escalate things.
Also feel free to PM me anytime.
Thank you sir, I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:
Words can't tell how angry I am right now for haven believed in God , I'm mad at myself for believing a lie for almost two decades till this year.
Right now I want a sane environment! I'm fvcking looking for the slightest chance to tell my parents who Clinton is. I'm a teen and that's going to be hard because they have become more religious recently.
I'm getting mad! No one to share my feelings with! I'm hiding it!
I don't want to die with depression and loneliness! I need a sane place!
To all those evangelists out there TFU!
Welcome to the word of reasonable people. Feel free to friend fellow atheists and send them private messages. Hiding it offline is often needed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by LiberaDeus: 9:01pm On Nov 22, 2016
felixomor:

Where is the doctrine?

You religious people are wicked, predatory liars

Let me list some unhappy, unfulfilled atheists

Mark Zuckerberg
Steve Jobs[ RIP]
Antonio Banderas
Wole Soyinka
Bill Maher
Julianne Moore

Am sure they are all unfulfilled and suffering depression

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/42063-why-are-so-many-pastors-committing-suicide

The link above shows how happy the champions of your faith are and how their happiness is leading to suicide amongst them.

If you religious people are happy because of religion then why such a love for everything secular, you guys love secular music more than gospel music, you guys love secular outings more than religious outing, you guys struggle to deny yourselves of secular pleasures and also struggle to increase your desire for godly things.

The OP has issues and the best you can do is to tell him how his atheism affects him.

How would i look if I see someone diagnosed with HIV and instead of counseling the person I now tell the person " where is your god now, why can't he help you". How callous would that be? That's exactly how you christards sound on this thread.

No wonder Mahatma Gandhi said " I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians"

5 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by skeendyke: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Fixed!

LOL. Don't tell me that your delusional attachment to your product of imagination has made it increasingly difficult to distinguish plain reality from fantasy. sad I'm confused. Who did this to you? Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by damogul: 9:02pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

I was a christian then, but Otemanuduno made me think out of the box. I don't hate your God because it doesn't exist.

So as a teen you already know everything Yet you are in depression about your parents and yourself. Check yourself before you wreck yourself kid. You are already wrecking it.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 9:09pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

So as a teen you already know everything Yet you are in depression about your parents and yourself. Check yourself before you wreck yourself kid. You are already wrecking it.
I think I will be fine by tomorrow.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Ishilove: 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
damogul:

Very well said

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I admire this guy's ability to spill trash with boldness

very sincere admiration

so bad of you bro!

trash?

what the op is complaining about is REAL to him. it is getting him mad, lonely, depressed and if he is not careful he would commit suicide.

yet you said he is spilling trash.

bro, if you have no solution for him, just storm out if the thread.

as for me, i have no solution for him, even if I have I will not offer. I am more aimed at making him more frustrated with a CORE atheistic sense of life.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
Seun:

Welcome to the word of reasonable people. Feel free to friend fellow atheists and send them private messages.
Thanks sir.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
LiberaDeus:

You religious people are wicked, predatory liars

Let me list some unhappy, unfulfilled atheists

Mark Zuckerberg
Steve Jobs[ RIP]
Antonio Banderas
Wole Soyinka
Bill Maher
Julianne Moore

Am sure they are all unfulfilled and suffering depression

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/42063-why-are-so-many-pastors-committing-suicide

The link above shows how happy the champions of your faith are and how their happiness is leading to suicide amongst them.

If you religious people are happy because of religion then why such a love for everything secular, you guys love secular music more than gospel music, you guys love secular outings more than religious outing, you guys struggle to deny yourselves of secular pleasures and also struggle to increase your desire for godly things.

The OP has issues and the best you can do is to tell him how his atheism affects him.

How would i look if I see someone diagnosed with HIV and instead of counseling the person I now tell the person " where is your god now, why can't he help you". How callous would that be? That's exactly how you christards sound on this thread.

No wonder Mahatma Gandhi said " I like your Christ but I don't like your Christians"

why are you guys so stupid to be keeping Steve jobs in your atheistic List?!

he never died an atheist, he died a Buddhist!
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 22, 2016
promise10:

so bad of you bro!

trash?

what the op is complaining about is REAL to him. it is getting him mad, lonely, depressed and if he is not careful he would commit suicide.

yet you said he is spilling trash.

bro, if you have no solution for him, just storm out if the thread.

as for me, i have no solution for him, even if I have I will not offer. I am more aimed at making him more frustrated with a CORE atheistic sense of life.

I will never commit suicide, I got dreams.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by LiberaDeus: 9:16pm On Nov 22, 2016
promise10:

why are you guys so stupid to be keeping Steve jobs in your atheistic List?!

he never died an atheist, he died a Buddhist!

Pleas clap for yourself, so as Steve Jobs isn't on the list that means that their is no hope of happiness in the atheist world.

I can't believe your rebuttal was that Steve Jobs was on the list. So that's your only rebuttal?

That's like me telling you that Messi is not the best player in the world because he hasn't scored up to 600 goals in his career but actually scored 599. Isn't that inconsequential?

And in case you don't know, Buddhists do not believe in a god.

4 Likes

Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 9:20pm On Nov 22, 2016
CeoMYN:

No one knows about me being an Atheist, the stuff is that am 24/7 7/7 30/7 alone. I hardly interact with anybody.
I don't see atheism as the cause because I have always been lonely. Atheism added it's part recently but that's not the main cause. The main cause is that no one shares the same views with me social wise and others.

small boy can you keep quiet?

since your 24/7 7/7 30/7, you started to stay alone, you didn't feel the height of what you're feeling now. until atheism came into you and fueled it up. yet, you claim atheism has no hand in your frustration.

sorry bro because you ain't seen anything yet.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by promise10: 9:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
LiberaDeus:

Pleas clap for yourself, so as Steve Jobs isn't on the list that means that their is no hope of happiness in the atheist world.

I can't believe your rebuttal was that Steve Jobs was on the list. So that's your only rebuttal?

That's like me telling you that Messi is not the best player in the world because he hasn't scored up to 600 goals in his career but actually scored 599. Isn't that inconsequential?

And in case you don't know, Buddhists do not believe in a god.
yet, there is still a difference between atheists and Buddhists. you wish otherwise, but it doesn't work that way.
Re: I'm Angry At Myself For Having Believed In God Before by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 22, 2016
[quote author=promise10 post=51280633][/quote]
Deep down you know your believe is based on falsehood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Sleeping In Church: Share Your Experiences / No Priest Will Work For The Government In My Diocese - Catholic Bishop Abakaliki / Pastor Refused To Dedicate Man's Restaurant For Selling Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.