Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,064 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" (57309 Views)

Burna Boy, D'banj, Phyno & Jude Okoye Hit A Strip Club In Lagos / Linchung Duke Oliver Dies While Returning From Mother's Burial (Photos) / 2Face, D'banj And Their Wives Do The “Oya Hit Me” Trademark Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by VictorRomanov: 9:28pm On Nov 22, 2016
I can see a certain BABE3 there.

BABE3 do u still feel the same about the song after 5yrs?

Hope you've suppased the song's achievement in your own field of endeavour?
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
LesbianBoy:
There are so many celebrities on nairaland! No big deal! Some of you may not know but i am also a celebrity and i have introduced nairaland to some other celebrities like myself!

1 Like

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by blesoh(f): 9:30pm On Nov 22, 2016
Mc4larin:

It might be Toke Makinwa herself!
You have a point oh.
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Naijaboiy1: 9:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Sanchase:

Ofcourse he has a Nairaland account, he was online 4 hours ago and he sells car parts at Auto section. grin

Really? What's his moniker.
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by directonpc(m): 9:37pm On Nov 22, 2016
One day I will quote all the haters of my development style. #focused. Keep hating so that I will have a past to talk about tomorrow.
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Maleeq(m): 9:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
that fellow that compared the Focus track to trash was not wrong in my opinion. The only part I thought i liked was the female backup vocals reminiscent of Fela....Daz all!

Plus the Oliver Twist track he is referencing still had the touch of Don Jazzy. Lets see how far this Focup, sorry, Focus, goes!

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
Naijaboiy1:
For him to dig that deep then he definitely has to have an account here on NL. grin
Oh yea, he have an account here on NL
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Tedassie(m): 9:50pm On Nov 22, 2016
Preca:
Lol...nairaland the home of the bashers with sweet tongue
and cute faces wink
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by modik(m): 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2016
klassykute:
abeg weti. moniker mean

Sobriquet

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by hopeforcharles(m): 9:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
Maleeq:
that fellow that compared the Focus track to trash was not wrong in my opinion. The only part I thought i liked was the female backup vocals reminiscent of Fela....Daz all!

Plus the Oliver Twist track he is referencing still had the touch of Don Jazzy. Lets see how far this Focup, sorry, Focus, goes!
grin grin grin
You get bad Mouth
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Sirmuel1(m): 9:57pm On Nov 22, 2016
So many of them are here. They just read headlines, check few comments and move on. They don't like any post, they don't comment.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by gorgeousfm: 9:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
Maleeq:

Dear Maleek,

Trust you are doing great. Kindly state Don Jazzy's production that got a nod in the song of the year award category this year.

May I quickly remind you that Dbanj's Emergency got nominated in the above stated category.

when we talk about the most recognized and celebrated artist in Africa. It is Dbanj.

Wiz and Davido still got a long way to go. Dbanj has always been a star, with or without Jazzy.

verygudbadguy

3 Likes

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 22, 2016
So what? Micheal jackson sold millions of records had the biggest hits, so did elvis prestley, w didn't hear them mock their critics, without criticsm no one could push their life boundries we would stay in our comfort zones.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 22, 2016
Maleeq:

d'banj can pay u salary for 30yrs
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Maleeq(m): 10:10pm On Nov 22, 2016
gorgeousfm:

Dear Maleek,

Trust you are doing great. Kindly state Don Jazzy's production that got a nod in the song of the year award category this year.

May I quickly remind you that Dbanj's Emergency got nominated in the above stated category.

when we talk about the most recognized and celebrated artist in Africa. It is Dbanj.

Wiz and Davido still got a long way to go. Dbanj has always been a star, with or without Jazzy.

verygudbadguy
Dear gorgeousfm,

I am doing just fine. And hope you also are?

I refer to my own opinion of the Focus track; this is the same reference from Dbanj himself in comparison to Oliver Twist.

If Emergency was such a success, I believe Dbanj could have verily used it as a reference too. As a fan of both Dbanj and Don Jazzy, I believe I have in my own right to opine Dbanj's musical success (not awards or recognition as we have seen this can and has been influenced: WhizKid and Ali Kiba comes to mind), by my own measures, dropped after they split.

As a last note, do you have Focus currently on your playlist? on repeat? as you did Oliver Twist? grin

Yours in the love of avoiding ban on Nairaland,

Maleeq

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Maleeq(m): 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Zceesneh:
d'banj can pay u salary for 30yrs
Ahn ahn bros. I did not take a jab at his financial prowess na!
Biko, I kuku no get job, if you get connection to him, ah wee not mind collecting salary from him sha! embarassed

PS: Tonto Dikeh can pay me salary for 30yrs too, but that don't mean she makes/made good music still! grin ...just saying!

2 Likes

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by AfroBlue(m): 10:13pm On Nov 22, 2016
Oliver Twist was ok but Fall in Love is the all time joint!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-I_dZqsLIc
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by francisduru: 10:23pm On Nov 22, 2016
Make them come carry me for house. Mtchew

1 Like

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by jahsson(m): 10:27pm On Nov 22, 2016
Joshuamilarge:
If you can reach Governor Okowa of Delta state Nigeria, please tell him to put sentiments aside and be man enough to settle the ALADJA and Ogbeijaw communities crises. we as people should not play politics with everything. the consequences of what am seeing now is better imagined than experience. ijaw and Urhobo, please let us give peace a chance. warri must not boil.

Nice one... I dont see any reason for the fight oooo...
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 22, 2016
One day one of these Seun MODs go ban celebrity him no go know
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by jeyselassie(m): 10:36pm On Nov 22, 2016
9jaBloke:

Bobrisky
haaaa. lol. na u egbon oww market?
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 22, 2016
beyonce dey nairaland too

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by SirShymexx: 10:40pm On Nov 22, 2016
Gaddamn!

This forum looks like some CIA and MI6 shyte. And with the new law they just passed - I'll delete my handle soon, and evaporate into the air.

The forum's security isn't even that tight and anyone with basic IT skills can extract data from it smh.

1 Like

Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by ayoxx69(m): 10:49pm On Nov 22, 2016
He must have been watching ur comments haterz, so he waited patiently to reply the right time, so #focus
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by davide470(m): 10:52pm On Nov 22, 2016
Naijaboiy1:
For him to dig that deep then he definitely has to have an account here on NL. grin
Not necessarily.

A simple search on Google with "Oliver Twist" and some keywords would bring up the page on Nairaland.
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Naijaboiy1: 11:00pm On Nov 22, 2016
davide470:
Not necessarily.

A simple search on Google with "Oliver Twist" and some keywords would bring up the page on Nairaland.
Except that, But it doesn't change the fact that we actually do have some celebrities on NL.
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Ayogbem15(m): 11:14pm On Nov 22, 2016
Is d banj paying
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by SUPOL(m): 11:17pm On Nov 22, 2016
crazymommy:
Well I cannot speak for other celebrities but am 100% certain that toke makinwa and skales are Nairaland members.... don't ask me how I know..
Guy if I mention d people on dis forum, u go suprise including known public officers n politicians. And am here too
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by unipol(m): 11:34pm On Nov 22, 2016
Many of u won't believe me if I tell u who I am in real life.
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by 1miccza: 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2016
So as e come dig am now wetin we go do??Faint??

By the way how many mallam dem help am dig am??Na cutlass dem use dig am??
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Boldstar(m): 11:59pm On Nov 22, 2016
LesbianBoy:
There are so many celebrities on nairaland! No big deal! Some of you may not know but i am also a celebrity and i have introduced nairaland to some other celebrities like myself!

See bobrisky thinking he is a celebrity
Re: D'banj Makes Reference To A Post On Nairaland About His Song "Oliver Twist" by Nobody: 12:19am On Nov 23, 2016
gorgeousfm:

Dear Maleek,

verygudbadguy

hmm you are wise ... we love dbanj

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Liz Anjorin: I'm Too Pretty To Be Poor / Charly Boy Injured On His Face After Falling On His Scooter (Pictures) / Hilda Dokubo Meets With Asari Dokubo In Buguma - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.