Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,033 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:04 PM

What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? (15406 Views)

Whats The Function Of 2 Rear Smart Phone Camera / See The Function Of LOST.DIR Folder On Your Android SD Card / In Need Of Ncc Number (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by tosyne2much(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2016
HAH:
My people let's make so much noise on all social media platforms, and even conventional media on this draconian fixing of price by NCC on telecoms for subscribers, believe me if the heat is on it will get to leadership of this country and they may ask ncc to reverse the directive. Remember NCC is just a parastatal under ministry of communication.

Let's us bombard social media accounts of our legislators so that they can step in, remember tha Nass always want to be populist and this is an opportunity of them.

The only reason I see why ncc will ask operators to increase prices is because they receive some part of the price and what to dothey do with it apart from financing there expensive lifestyles, ncc earns as much as nnpc and there staff mostly live larger than even oil workers obviously greed has entered and they want more, remember their board was just approved by the Nass recently I thinks they want to butter the bread of this new board members.

For goodness sake if a network want it should offer it services for free, NCC should just focus on quality of service and not be fixing prices for tecos
My brother I just tire oooo..... I subscribe 3GB every month and it doesnt last more than two weeks yet these people wan compound my problem
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Chrisx1x(m): 10:32am On Nov 29, 2016
Jokerman:
I went to their page on Facebook and laid curses on them....
Pls can you share the page.am itching to curse somebody too
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Jokerman(m): 10:34am On Nov 29, 2016
Chrisx1x:
Pls can you share the page.am itching to curse somebody too

Search Nigerian communication commission on Facebook bro
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Denchturbo: 10:38am On Nov 29, 2016
Mcowubaba:

It seems we are under a spell....
We need revolution.
But we are being careful to protest before Buhari's Army and security agencies will shoot us or arrest us for treason

An idea worth fighting for is worth dying for.
This is why the elites do whatever they like. We too dey fear. The people don't know how powerful they are
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by PhonePlanet(m): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2016
Genea:
trying to sign, its not going on my browser
please use another browser.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 29, 2016
Nigerians, we are the most docile people on earth . this kind of move is supposed to be met with Stan resistance. We take everything like they give us and complain on the internet.

International Passport money hiked
Nepa charges hiked
Call tarrif hiked
etc etc
Like seriously if I see ppl that are ready to protest on this issue I would gladly join.

The Network operators are not complaining what concerns NCC

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 29, 2016
Life being made hadder for the masses
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Genea(f): 11:46am On Nov 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:

please use another browser.
done

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by timoteus(m): 12:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lemme go and find 1 year data plan before its increased.
Or will they block it ?
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by phill1759(m): 1:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
To hell with those that are inflicting more pains on the citizens in the name of more revenue for the government.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Akinvec(m): 2:17pm On Nov 29, 2016
Av bin hearing we are d leaders of tomorrow biko wen will d tomorrow come sef,cos we are tired of dis old fools leading us...

1 Share

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by shumuel(m): 2:59pm On Nov 29, 2016
wristbangle:

Like I said it's better we write an article to mobilise people in order to protest against the hike in data price. Nonsense!

Protect ? The only way to solve this problem is to employ the ''Work to rule'' tactics.

If everyone refuse to subscribe for a month both the NCC and the Telcoms companies would receive sense. Thats the only way but would it be possible ?
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by wristbangle: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

Protect ? The only way to solve this problem is to employ the ''Work to rule'' tactics.

If everyone refuse to subscribe for a month both the NCC and the Telcoms companies would receive sense. Thats the only way but would it be possible ?

Not possible bro. The rich people doesn't care.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by tiwiex(m): 3:20pm On Nov 29, 2016
AnodaIT:
Here is how it works.

NCC increased the tax from service providers in an attempt to increase revenue.

The service providers protested and say they can't afford such tax increase with present business climate and tariff.

NCC say, ok, increase your tariff to be able to pay the tax.

Service providers reply, no, we can't just increase like that, it would hurt our business.

If it must be increased, let it come from you (NCC)

NCC now says, oya put the message in this format, "......... with directives from the NCC........"

Case closed
Yea. You been dey there. I agree with u tho. and it really reveals the deceptiveness of this govt. Who would have thought Buhari would be the one to do this? it's unheard of tho. So, are they getting paid through tax or revenue sharing? NCC is now an extension of the telecom revenue collection business. He just goes around destroying opportunities. Rather than fix the stability in the Naija Delta, our oga don change sector. Ok oh.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by shumuel(m): 3:27pm On Nov 29, 2016
wristbangle:

Not possible bro. The rich people doesn't care.

Thumbs up bro, i almost typed that but didn't because i know i'll go deep as many guys would see it as an oppotunity to show wealth and shade other guys, some ladies would also lose their virginity to it come december sad.

But, if only.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by Bossman(m): 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2016
u21day:

Review of International Termination Rate

Published: 05 October 2016

The Nigerian Communications Commission, on September 16, 2016 reviewed the termination rate for international inbound traffic from N3.90/min to N24.40/min. The interim rate will subsist pending the conclusion of the study of the Determination of Cost Based Pricing for Mobile Voice Termination Rates.

So folks calling you from overseas just got to pay more now to reach you...

http://www.ncc.gov.ng/stakeholder/media-public/public-notices/108-review-of-international-termination-rate

Yeah. Much more expensive now for us to call Nigeria now. Whatsapp, etc. has eased that a little bit though, since we can make calls via those apps. However, still have to endure the crazy expensive rates to call those that are not using such apps.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by wristbangle: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

Thumbs up bro, i almost typed that but didn't because i know i'll go deep as many guys would see it as an oppotunity to show wealth and shade other guys, some ladies would also lose their virginity to it come december sad.

But, if only.

grin at the bolded.

If only.. abeg finish am bro tongue
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by shumuel(m): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
wristbangle:

grin at the bolded.

kikiki Lol grin make i no talk again o, am in trouble already grin
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by shumuel(m): 3:55pm On Nov 29, 2016
wristbangle:

grin at the bolded.

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by gsogbu(m): 4:01pm On Nov 29, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Dear my fellow Nigerian, A directive has been sent out by the Nigerian Communication Commission(NCC) to all telecommunication network in Nigeria. This will result in increase of data rates which will take effect from 1st of December, 2016. I am very sure your service provider has notified you about this development already.
In this year and time we live in, Data is suppose to be more affordable and not more expensive. And looking at the ease/advantages the internet has added to our everyday life, increment of data rates will only make it harder to access the internet thereby taking us backwards instead of forward.
Therefore, In disagreement with this move by NCC and telecommunication companies, we have made an effort stop this from taking effect by creating an online petition at Change.org and we need you to sign it to show your support. The link to the petition is: https://www.change.org/p/nigeria-communication-commission-ncc-data-plans-rates-by-carriers-in-nigeria-should-not-be-increased-by-ncc?recruiter=642402116&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink
Please I already believe you would sign this petition to show your support for us and against NCC. But you also have to share/re-broadcast this message to as many people as you can. Thank you as you do so.
I am Happy this petition already has 1000 signees. Sign yours today.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by wristbangle: 4:06pm On Nov 29, 2016
shumuel:

Finish am oo! Maybe u saying it will change NCC mind tongue

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by shumuel(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol grin NCC wey dey Nairaland dey sleep, he wont convey the message.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by shumuel(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol grin NCC wey dey Nairaland dey sleep, he wont convey the message.
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by elsomm(m): 9:30pm On Nov 29, 2016
possibilita:
Even Google ask me same question,

Lol! Even Google dey ask the same question. Confusion gadumakwa
Re: What Exactly Is The Function Of NCC? by donhils: 10:54pm On Nov 29, 2016
To increase data prices across all networks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My S4 Infinix Phone Keep Saying Userbusy To Incoming Calls - Solution / Battling Fake News: Whatsapp Starts New Feature To Let Users Identify Forwarded / 9Mobile (ETISALAT) 700% BONUS RECHARGE PROMO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.