Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book (27789 Views)

Photos From Toke Makinwa 34th Birthday Dinner Party / Photos From Toke Makinwa's Slumber Party / Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by tomisinobm(m): 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mzgracie:

Sent

Received.

Thank you so much

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by elpatch(m): 5:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
All ye feminists in the house,I want you to get this straight before walking the Isle,it is a statistic that is well proven and validated.
95% of men will cheat at a point in time.
3% are thinking about how to go about it.
The remaining 2% are either frigid,sadistic or overtly religious. Don't kill yourself over a man,just be happy.You can thank me later.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by elpatch(m): 5:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
tomisinobm:

Received.

Thank you so much
please,send me a copy :atiadeleke@gmail.com
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by tomisinobm(m): 5:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
elpatch:
please,send me a copy :atiadeleke@gmail.com

Done. Kindly confirm receipt.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by BossLadyF(f): 6:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
Enybliss:
smileythe problem now is how to get this awesome book

I have the soft copy
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by seenter84: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
Pawnstar toke
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by oluamid(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
Zibi1:
When i saw d name "On becoming" i thought that maybe its a book that talks about how she started and her challenges of been successful and so on!
I never knew that what was in that book was all about Maje and Anita, she just decided to spoil their name to the world, just because of money and her failed relationship, is she the only one that have been through difficult situations? No! Is she moving on? No! they said good name is better than gold and silver and i feel this book will definitely hunt her in the future... I wonder what people will learn in this book that is full of hatred, pain and controversies!!!
If all of us were to write a book about our relationship i guess we will be the best authors of all time!!!
Someone that will go and be advising other people about their relationship but her own no get head... Mumu

Of course, you've not read the book.

By the way, her life, her book! If e pain you, go write yours and see how many people care.

2 Likes

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Enybliss(f): 6:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
BossLadyF:

I have the soft copy
with some missing pages right
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by queenfav(f): 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
Despite my very crazy schedule, I managed to read it last night.. My thoughts on it.... let's see.
1.If a man shows you his attitude the first time,believe him.This book has even reinforced my stance of moving on when I sense any signs of a relationship being toxic.I can break up with a guy after 3 days of dating,when i notice what I can't stand and the added fact that it won't change.. Yes, lemme date 100 guys till I meet that one I can live with, I will take my chances. lol..

2.Always listen to your instincts..Toke had to go through 12 years of hurt and divorce to realize she can't change a man by loving him,.Love is a two way street and has to be 50/50.
Where you are dating a guy and he is acting single, you have to talk to ya legs oo.

3.Beauty cannot keep a man..I mean,my heart broke in a million pieces for toke when i read the part about her asking maje what was it about Anita he couldn't let go of.Like really? Look at Toke and and look at Anita.Yet the plain looking babe had been holding her Maje on lockdown for years.Its clear the heart wants who it wants afterall..

4.As a woman, financial independence is key!Toke would have been forced to remain in her marriage admist the lies and public humiliation if she didn't have her own money.I repeat this daily,single ladies,strive to have your own money ooo.That way having a man is just an 'icing on the cake' not the cake itself.

5.Sayings like 'the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know','the next man/woman might be worse, lemme stay here and manage it' etc would ultimately lead to your doom like in Toke's case.I learnt that once you sense a pattern (not a one time screw up) e.g repeated lies,cheating and the likes.Please check out of that relationship fast or you must be ready for worse in future and develop a good coping mechanism.

6.Marriage is not the be all and and all of life.Its not every one you love you should marry.Toke saw the signs,yet felt marriage would make Make a better man.Unfortunately, it even dealt her the worse emotional blow in the history of their relationship.
A simple "sorry I can't marry u' would have saved her all this issues.

7.Though friends and family may be wrong by meddling, but at times when they say something about your partner, please listen.God might just be speaking through them. However apply caution and be very objective about their observations.

Finally,i'll say it's a very good book..One every woman should read..There's something to learn from it for everyone.I admired how Toke owned up to her own shortcomings and issues. I was expecting it to be all about Maje's wrongs, but it was mature of her to own up to her own faults that may have led to the breakdown of their marriage.I give her kudos,she has been through hell and back and is still standing tall.Many women would have committed suicide or acted rashly,but she kept her cool and didn't fuel the already flying rumours about her marital woes.
(pardon the typos, I just needed to say this real quick)

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by SignsDara(m): 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
tomisinobm:

Done. Kindly confirm receipt.
Pls, send me a copy
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Agozie48: 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
repogirl:
She might have realised it late but thank goodness it wasn't too late. She still has her whole life ahead of her. She should enjoy it to the fullest and leave that Aje to settle his baby mamas. He will still get a few more baby mamas in the next coming years.

But Toke it will be the greatest fĂșck up if you make up with him at any time. Its very obvious he knows how to meander his way back to you. You berra stay far away from him.

yea you are quite right I hope she doesn't go back to her vomit

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by bidexmimi(f): 6:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mzgracie:

I checked the mail delivery subsystem. It said the email either doesn't exist or check for typos.. send anoda email
please send to mariamabidemi@ymail.com
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by KiNiBiGd: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mzgracie:
The day I read this story. I prayed and prayed.. choosing the wrong man not only break u down emotionally.. it affects everything that concerns u.. I must commend Toke for opening our spiritual eyes to somethings..

Abey look onto God, Toke story is not enough to open your blindness
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Orikinla(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
She forced herself on him.
She was emotionally immature and insecure.
He took advantage of her vulnerability.

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
BossLadyF:
Looking forward to reading the book
Toke makinwa clearly advertised her book on kemi filani blog just to get more sale.Y'all fell for it.
The book is not for anyone to learn from it, its mainly to enrich her purse.
Who are the next to write book to get more money:
Tiwa Savage- she made a rong move going to pulse tv, it's should have bin a book
Linda Ikeji- The book will be on how different men broke her heart.
Toyin Aimakhu- Her book will be based on Seun Egbegbe I'm sure She'll make more cash than Toke.
Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Orikinla(m): 7:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
estheora:

Toke makinwa clearly advertised her book on kemi filani blog just to get more sale.Y'all fell for it.
Tiwa Savage- she made a rong move going to pulse tv, it's should have bin a book
Toyin Aimakhu- I'm sure She'll make more cash than Toke.
Rubbish
Finis.
I am writing a book on Linda Ikeji.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by pillowcase: 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mzgracie:

Give me ur email
please can you send to me fokonkwo72@yahoo.com .Thanks
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by dangotesmummy: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
I love toke a great deal but all this social media relationships is always full of drama and she knows tha but still sold her story to the public. Speaking of which everyone has a story to tell but then she cannot blame anyone for her marital failures but herself because everyone else saw it coming including maje himself but she was still desperately hanging because of the lie sold to ladies that time changes people or marriage changes them

Toke should please move on and stop making maje still feel relevant in her LIFE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=Mzgracie post=51546849]
I ve sent it again [/quote
pweety pls,send to me too

obafemiyetunde64@gmail.com,thank you in advance.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by dangotesmummy: 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
estheora:

Toyin Aimakhu- I'm sure She'll make more cash than Toke.
Rubbish
toyin has her own reality show. I can't remember the name of it though

At least all these female celebrities are like even if I couldn't stay married (that in itself is work ) I can make money and more fame from my failed marriage
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by dangotesmummy: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
Orikinla:
She forced herself on him.
She was emotionally immature and insecure.
He took advantage of her vulnerability.
exactly.

Because she saw all the red lights crystal clear and she still chose to stick her neck inside despite warnings from even his own family
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by dangotesmummy: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
queenfav:
Despite my very crazy schedule, I managed to read it last night.. My thoughts on it.... let's see.
1.If a man shows you his attitude the first time,believe him.This book has even reinforced my stance of moving on when I sense any signs of a relationship being toxic.I can break up with a guy after 3 days of datind,when i notice what I can't stand and the fact that it won't change.. Yes, lemme date 100 till I meet that one I can live with, I will rake my chances. lol..

2.Always listen to your instincts..Toke had to go through 12 years of hurt and divorce to realize you can't change a man by loving him,its. two way street and has to be 50/50.

3.Beauty cannot keep a man..I mean, I broke in a million pieces when i read the part about toke asking maje what was it about Anita he couldn't let go of.Like really? Look at Toke and and look at Anita.Yet the plain looking babe held her Maje on lockdown for years.Its clear the heart wants who it wants afterall..

4.As a woman, financial independence is key!Toke would have been forced to remain in her marriage admist the lies and public humiliation if she didn't have her own money.I repeat this daily,single ladies,strive to have your own money ooo.That way having a man is just an 'icing on the cake' not the cake itself.

5.Sayings like 'the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know','the next man/woman might be worse, lemme stay here' etc would ultimately lead to your doom like in Toke's case.I learnt that once you sense a pattern (not a one time screw up) e.g lies,cheating and the likes.Please check out of that relationship fast or you must be ready for worse in future and develop a good coping mechanism.

6.Marriage is nor the be ll and and all.Its not every one you love you should marry.Toke saw the signs,yet felt marriage would make Make a better man.Unfortunately, it even dealt her the worse emotional blow in the history of their relationship.

7.Most friends and family may be wrong, but at times when they say something about your partner, please listen.God might just be speaking through them. However apply caution and be very objective about their observations.

Finally,i'll say it's a very good book..One every woman should read..There's something to learn from it for everyone.I admired how Toke owned up to her own shortcomings and issues. I was expecting it to be all about Maje's wrongs, but it was mature of her to own up to her own faults that may have led to the breakdown of their marriage.I give her kudos,she has been through hell and back and is still standing tall.Many women would have committed suicide or acted rashly,but she kept her cool and didn't fuel the already flying rumours about her marital woes.
(pardon the typos, I just needed to say this real quick)
you have nailed it completely but let me remind you that maje has tokes mumu button. HE kbows the right button to press IN tokes brain that she will just fall like a pack of cards.

That guy is a player and an experienced one at that. He knows how to find his way into anywomans heart he's lusting after. For toke it was a fairy tale romance and wedding she wanted.he gave her that for the rest baby mamas they wanted money and one minute fame and they got it

Every woman has a price and the men know it.some it's money that is their price some its romance baby or fame and he pays the price to get into their v@gyn@s

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by waywardpikin: 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mzgracie:

Give me ur email

Hi can u send the book to me as well?
xclusiveed@yahoo.com
Please mention me if you ever send it.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
BossLadyF:

I haven't. Please do you have the soft copy?
I do...
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by dangotesmummy: 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Emaprince:
Nonsense!!!

It seems this Toke is paying people to help promote her book. I've seen so much about it on front page lately... and I don't think there's anything to learn here from the little excerpts I saw.

A whole Radio host that is suffering from low self esteem... went from dark skin to light skin pretending to be pleasing Maje.. balderdash!!!

And I was expecting to see what the OP learnt from the book only for him/her to post a summary of the book. SMH
there are lessons to be learnt there.read un between the lines with your inner mind and stop getting unnecessarily emotional

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by MrsMurphy(f): 8:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
I really felt for her

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by skedman(m): 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
Abenitohposh:
I admire her courage n respect her for the maturity,she kept quite all through the drama of their marriage she never granted any interview this was what I expected Toyin aimakhu to have done when her marriage crash but she is too emotional which lead her into dating another man this is the biggest mistake she made anyway toke I wish u well n I pray u find happiness in ur next reletionship
I am afraid, writing about her past marriage in a book should not have been the best option. People will only comment and pity you for some days as you have just done and you are left with your problem. She has just chased any interested man that will like to marry her with her book . No man will like someone that will write about his weakness or strength in a public book. If I was the man I will sue her ass for libel

2 Likes

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by eboniest(f): 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
[quote author=Jadeite post=51552087]
I do.
Pls kindly send it to me
Ajagbeolajumoke26@gmail.com
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by evy1(m): 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
BossLadyF:

I haven't. Please do you have the soft copy?
yes I do.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by okoji: 9:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Yet you opened the thread, read through and still commented. SMH. World people!
Miles300:
Make she park well Abeg , which inspiration from Holy Spirit ? Na only u get broken home ! There is nothin to learn here .. Instead y 'all should read on those that have got a successful marriage nd learn one or 2 things from that ... !! Can a blind man lead a blid man ?
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Chommieblaq(f): 9:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mzgracie:

kiss kiss kiss

Perfect

Please send for me
Chommieblaq@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Miles300: 9:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
okoji:
Yet you opened the thread, read through and still commented. SMH. World people!
yet no be must to comment, notice me ! Smh Universal people !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lilian Esoro Easter Time Out With Kids Ends In Car Disaster [PICS] / Debie Rise Visits Her F.G.G.C Kabba, Kogi, Presents Them With New Guitar / Don't Marry An Illiterate - Sandra Iheuwa Advises Single People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.