Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,321 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book (27790 Views)

Photos From Toke Makinwa 34th Birthday Dinner Party / Photos From Toke Makinwa's Slumber Party / Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by tayorh(m): 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
tomisinobm:

Received.

Thank you so much
sorry for bothering you, pls kindly send to ibktayorh@gmail.com
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Zikkie(f): 10:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
God bless u!

iPrevail:

No. But you can learn from the experiences and woes of the blind man to know what made him blind and avoid it.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by olaideslex(m): 10:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
So how does the book change the price of dollar?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by queenfav(f): 10:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
dangotesmummy:
you have nailed it completely but let me remind you that maje has tokes mumu button. HE kbows the right button to press IN tokes brain that she will just fall like a pack of cards.

That guy is a player and an experienced one at that. He knows how to find his way into anywomans heart he's lusting after. For toke it was a fairy tale romance and wedding she wanted.he gave her that for the rest baby mamas they wanted money and one minute fame and they got it

Every woman has a price and the men know it.some it's money that is their price some its romance baby or fame and he pays the price to get into their v@gyn@s
Like eh....Guinness book of record has to give Maje an award..He is the real MVP!!The dude can even hold seminars with fat entrance fees ,for men to converge and learn from him..Whether its his head game abi other bedmatics..I no know,but that guy was doing sth right,to get women hooked on him like cocaine..The mumu button for both Toke and anita is just too strong! Even d Toke with all the book wen she write, if make comes back, acting repentant and pursues her relentlessly for let's say 2 months, I bet on it that he would still tap that!
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by curious123: 10:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mzgracie:

Aiit.. u ll get it now..

Pls i want
cutefran2000 @ yahoo dot com
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by UIA04(f): 11:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
queenfav:
Despite my very crazy schedule, I managed to read it last night.. My thoughts on it.... let's see.
1.If a man shows you his attitude the first time,believe him.This book has even reinforced my stance of moving on when I sense any signs of a relationship being toxic.I can break up with a guy after 3 days of dating,when i notice what I can't stand and the added fact that it won't change.. Yes, lemme date 100 guys till I meet that one I can live with, I will take my chances. lol..

2.Always listen to your instincts..Toke had to go through 12 years of hurt and divorce to realize she can't change a man by loving him,.Love is a two way street and has to be 50/50.
Where you are dating a guy and he is acting single, you have to talk to ya legs oo.

3.Beauty cannot keep a man..I mean,my heart broke in a million pieces for toke when i read the part about her asking maje what was it about Anita he couldn't let go of.Like really? Look at Toke and and look at Anita.Yet the plain looking babe had been holding her Maje on lockdown for years.Its clear the heart wants who it wants afterall..

4.As a woman, financial independence is key!Toke would have been forced to remain in her marriage admist the lies and public humiliation if she didn't have her own money.I repeat this daily,single ladies,strive to have your own money ooo.That way having a man is just an 'icing on the cake' not the cake itself.

5.Sayings like 'the devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know','the next man/woman might be worse, lemme stay here and manage it' etc would ultimately lead to your doom like in Toke's case.I learnt that once you sense a pattern (not a one time screw up) e.g repeated lies,cheating and the likes.Please check out of that relationship fast or you must be ready for worse in future and develop a good coping mechanism.

6.Marriage is not the be all and and all of life.Its not every one you love you should marry.Toke saw the signs,yet felt marriage would make Make a better man.Unfortunately, it even dealt her the worse emotional blow in the history of their relationship.
A simple "sorry I can't marry u' would have saved her all this issues.

7.Though friends and family may be wrong by meddling, but at times when they say something about your partner, please listen.God might just be speaking through them. However apply caution and be very objective about their observations.

Finally,i'll say it's a very good book..One every woman should read..There's something to learn from it for everyone.I admired how Toke owned up to her own shortcomings and issues. I was expecting it to be all about Maje's wrongs, but it was mature of her to own up to her own faults that may have led to the breakdown of their marriage.I give her kudos,she has been through hell and back and is still standing tall.Many women would have committed suicide or acted rashly,but she kept her cool and didn't fuel the already flying rumours about her marital woes.
(pardon the typos, I just needed to say this real quick)
Please. Send. It to me
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Abiagirl777(f): 1:48am On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=Mzgracie post=51547100]

I checked the mail delivery subsystem. It said the email either doesn't exist or check for typos.. send anoda e

gmail.com
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by dangotesmummy: 5:24am On Dec 02, 2016
queenfav:
Like eh....Guinness book of record has to give Maje an award..He is the real MVP!!The dude can even hold seminars with fat entrance fees ,for men to converge and learn from him..Whether its his head game abi other bedmatics..I no know,but that guy was doing sth right,to get women hooked on him like cocaine..The mumu button for both Toke and anita is just too strong! Even d Toke with all the book wen she write, if make comes back, acting repentant and pursues her relentlessly for let's say 2 months, I bet on it that he would still tap that!
before nko
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by queenfav(f): 5:40am On Dec 02, 2016
UIA04:

Please. Send. It to me
just google 'Toke makinwa on becoming ebook'...a blog has the PDF version for free download.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by elpatch(m): 5:57am On Dec 02, 2016
tomisinobm:

Done. Kindly confirm receipt.
Yet to receive it sir.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by tayorh(m): 6:03am On Dec 02, 2016
elpatch:
Yet to receive it sir.
Received thank you
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by AfroBlue(m): 7:07am On Dec 02, 2016
Toke was a teenager as at when she started dating Maje but she had dated some other guys before him; from Bidemi who'll buy her expensive stuffs, to Seun, the one that cruelly broke up with her in the club, where she now eventually met Maje.

who be dat? the same NL oga? grin
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by curious123: 7:14am On Dec 02, 2016
Mzgracie:

I ve sent it again

Got mine
thanks a lot!!!

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by tomisinobm(m): 7:19am On Dec 02, 2016
elpatch:
please,send me a copy :atiadeleke@gmail.com

Is this your correct email?
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by bablex(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2016
Mzgracie:

I ll send again.
Pls i wil lik to get it too my email is babawale2008@yahoo.com
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Elxandre(m): 8:45am On Dec 02, 2016
zcee:
tank u guy,is she d only person dat has a broken home dat she will go nd exposed her intimate relationship wit her x husband.... Does it make when she comes out nd tell d public that her ex hubby refused to ejaculate inside of her and at the same gave an infection...
The woman is sadly unstable!

Sorry for the guys who'll waste precious time reading this crap.
Time that should be spent on edifying books.

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by UIA04(f): 9:20am On Dec 02, 2016
queenfav:
just google 'Toke makinwa on becoming ebook'...a blog has the PDF version for free download.

It's not onlInee again

They threatened the sites
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 02, 2016
I started reading last night and one of the major things I noted was it was a narrative that lacked transition she never quite led you on to what was coming next. Not a bad book much to learn from her experience but there was no real advice here it was just a story about the relationship and upsets with no holds barred with no real advice and way forward

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by DanielGb(m): 10:07am On Dec 02, 2016
BossLadyF:

Nooooo. I just love reading books and I've heard a lot about this book

that's good. but I won't recommend such book for you. There is nothing good to learn from that.

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by queenfav(f): 10:17am On Dec 02, 2016
UIA04:

It's not onlInee again

They threatened the sites
OK....drop your mail
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Christine01(f): 10:34am On Dec 02, 2016
smiley
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Christine01(f): 10:35am On Dec 02, 2016
smiley
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by finecheek12: 11:29am On Dec 02, 2016
please i will like to get a copy of d e -book too. finecheek@gmail dot com thank you.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by queenfav(f): 2:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
@finecheek12 and christine01 just mailed it to you
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Christine01(f): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
queenfav:
@finecheek12 and christine01 just mailed it to you

I haven't seen it dear
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by queenfav(f): 7:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
Christine01:

I haven't seen it dear
check your spam folder
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Blonchilli(m): 8:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Miles300:
Make she park well Abeg , which inspiration from Holy Spirit ? Na only u get broken home ! There is nothin to learn here .. Instead y 'all should read on those that have got a successful marriage nd learn one or 2 things from that ... !! Can a blind man lead a blid man ?

Exactly... I'll buy 10 Donald Trump books or nursery rhyme than Toke on becoming. It's like Kim Kardashian writes a book then everyone wants to read it. There's nothing to learn. Holy Spirit ko Fowl Spirit ni

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by BossLadyF(f): 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
DanielGb:

that's good. but I won't recommend such book for you. There is nothing good to learn from that.

OK but why say so?
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
Blonchilli:

Exactly... I'll buy 10 Donald Trump books or nursery rhyme than Toke on becoming. It's like Kim Kardashian writes a book then everyone wants to read it. There's nothing to learn. Holy Spirit ko Fowl Spirit ni

Oga,let me hear word abeg! You know her name, not her Story..I read the book from kpali to kpali..I don't understand the hate.. Ever since I read the book,I've been feeling like hugging her!! She didn't act like she needed pity,she stated her faults and flaws, From the book you can see that she has always had the party spirit..
I like the fact that she didn't paint herself in a good light,she admitted to hitting her husband and quarrelling a lot..Toke has some huge balls mehn!! *drops mic*

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Abiagirl777(f): 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mzgracie:

I checked the mail delivery subsystem. It said the email either doesn't exist or check for typos.. send anoda email

Thanks,I've gotten it but can't open it,can u suggest an app for android I can use?sorry for my wahalaoo
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Christine01(f): 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Debie Rise Visits Her F.G.G.C Kabba, Kogi, Presents Them With New Guitar / Don't Marry An Illiterate - Sandra Iheuwa Advises Single People / 2face Is A Two-faced Person - Charles Novia (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.