Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book (27787 Views)

Photos From Toke Makinwa 34th Birthday Dinner Party / Photos From Toke Makinwa's Slumber Party / Read Toke Makinwa's 'On Becoming' Book: Why Maje Didn't Get Her Pregnant & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by DanielGb(m): 6:40am On Dec 03, 2016
BossLadyF:

OK but why say so?
learn from good experience(stable and lasting marriage). Not the bad one. Peoples problem differs.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by BossLadyF(f): 7:04am On Dec 03, 2016
DanielGb:

learn from good experience(stable and lasting marriage). Not the bad one.
Peoples problem differs.

True... Thanks dear. The best gift anyone can give to me are books
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by DanielGb(m): 7:41am On Dec 03, 2016
BossLadyF:

True... Thanks dear. The best gift anyone can give to me are books
Books: what is your area of interest.?
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Mzgracie(f): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2016
Abiagirl777:

Thanks,I've gotten it but can't open it,can u suggest an app for android I can use?sorry for my wahalaoo

Do u av pdf or an adobe reader?
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by Blonchilli(m): 9:41am On Dec 03, 2016
Jadeite:

Oga,let me hear word abeg! You know her name, not her Story..I read the book from kpali to kpali..I don't understand the hate.. Ever since I read the book,I've been feeling like hugging her!! She didn't act like she needed pity,she stated her faults and flaws, From the book you can see that she has always had the party spirit..
I like the fact that she didn't paint herself in a good light,she admitted to hitting her husband and quarrelling a lot..Toke has some huge balls mehn!! *drops mic*
I don't hate her and never passed judgement on her. I just can't buy that kind of books and spend time reading them. I prefer novels or internationally acclaimed materials. I don't have a problem with her sharing her story. Kudos to her btw. I've tried reading these kind of books and I got bored and it was pointless to me. I couldn't even read Dwayne Johnson's autobiography when it came out yet I admired the guy a lot growing up. Only read Danielle Westbrook's The other side of nowhere. The irony of that book is 16 years after it came out she has gone back to coke and her son is a junkie and hates her. Instead read Robert Greene's books
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by BossLadyF(f): 9:56am On Dec 03, 2016
DanielGb:

Books: what is your area of interest.?

Motivational, Gospel, Novels (especially action and love novels), lol... I just love reading interesting things including mags and news
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by DanielGb(m): 12:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
BossLadyF:

Motivational, Gospel, Novels (especially action and love novels), lol... I just love reading interesting things including mags and news

in a nut shell, you enjoy reading.
we'll I have a lot of books here. Soft Copy. to keep your passion burning.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by BossLadyF(f): 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
DanielGb:

in a nut shell, you enjoy reading.
we'll I have a lot of books here. Soft Copy. to keep your passion burning.

Please can I disturb you? I'll need to read them. Do you have God's generals? I've read some and looking for others
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by DanielGb(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
BossLadyF:

Please can I disturb you? I'll need to read them. Do you have God's generals? I've read some and looking for others

check my profile. my watsapp number is there. I will forward the PDF to you over there.
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by laudate: 3:46am On Dec 07, 2016
Zibi1:
When i saw d name "On becoming" i thought that maybe its a book that talks about how she started and her challenges of been successful and so on!
I never knew that what was in that book was all about Maje and Anita, she just decided to spoil their name to the world, just because of money and her failed relationship, is she the only one that have been through difficult situations? No! Is she moving on? No! they said good name is better than gold and silver and i feel this book will definitely hunt her in the future... I wonder what people will learn in this book that is full of hatred, pain and controversies!!!
If all of us were to write a book about our relationship i guess we will be the best authors of all time!!!
Someone that will go and be advising other people about their relationship but her own no get head... Mumu
May you receive sense, in Jesus' name!! angry

iPrevail:
No. But you can learn from the experiences and woes of the blind man to know what made him blind and avoid it.
Thank you, o jare! No knowledge is wasted.... sad

Mzgracie:
The day I read this story. I prayed and prayed.. choosing the wrong man not only break u down emotionally.. it affects everything that concerns u.. I must commend Toke for opening our spiritual eyes to somethings..

Your post make sense, die! cool After the prayer, the next thing is to apply the lessons learnt in that book to one's life. An honourable man will value your uniqueness, treat you with respect, support your aspirations and always seek to make you the very best of every good thing, you can be. He will not continuously cheat on you and compare you to his baby mama, or keep breaking his promises to you at every single turn.

1 Like

Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by laudate: 3:57am On Dec 07, 2016
dangotesmummy:
you have nailed it completely but let me remind you that maje has tokes mumu button. HE kbows the right button to press IN tokes brain that she will just fall like a pack of cards.

That guy is a player and an experienced one at that. He knows how to find his way into anywomans heart he's lusting after. For toke it was a fairy tale romance and wedding she wanted.he gave her that for the rest baby mamas they wanted money and one minute fame and they got it

Every woman has a price and the men know it.some it's money that is their price some its romance baby or fame and he pays the price to get into their v@gyn@s

Hmmmn.... you are right. May God delete that 'mumu' button from Toke's brain & completely reboot her system until she can remain unaffected by Maje's tactics. Can I get an Amen from somebody?? cheesy
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by laudate: 4:00am On Dec 07, 2016
skedman:
I am afraid, writing about her past marriage in a book should not have been the best option. People will only comment and pity you for some days as you have just done and you are left with your problem. She has just chased any interested man that will like to marry her with her book . No man will like someone that will write about his weakness or strength in a public book. If I was the man I will sue her ass for libel

Sue her for libel? When the contents of the book are based on fact, and not fiction? Do you know the meaning of the word 'libel?'
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by skedman(m): 7:08am On Dec 07, 2016
laudate:

Sue her for libel? When the contents of the book are based on fact, and not fiction? Do you know the meaning of the word 'libel?'
what did you base all your fact on, the book I guess then you don't no any thing about law .are you telling me that all what is written in the book are true, that the guy cannot go against any and does not have its own part of the story.if you are a lawyer then go back to school please . The girl has written are own part of the story and we have all read ,let's wait for the guy. You don't spoil peoples reputation because your relationship did not work. If you are in dilemma, file for divorce and go to court. If you want to write a book don't mention names ,he mentioned the guys name for 349 times
Re: 21 Things I Learnt From Toke Makinwa's 'on Becoming' Book by dangotesmummy: 10:07am On Dec 07, 2016
laudate:

Hmmmn.... you are right. May God delete that 'mumu' button from Toke's brain & completely reboot her system until she can remain unaffected by Maje's tactics. Can I get an Amen from somebody?? cheesy
amen grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ice Prince Zamani Looks Dapper In New Photos / Lilian Esoro Easter Time Out With Kids Ends In Car Disaster [PICS] / Debie Rise Visits Her F.G.G.C Kabba, Kogi, Presents Them With New Guitar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.