Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,072 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity (22458 Views)

There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / Did Allah Help The Spread Of Christianity? / The Story Of Samson And Delilah, An Insult To Common Sense (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 1:24pm On Jan 02, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

Answer the question then. What is the origin of the universe? undecided

The universe was as a result of Forces, which is still going on and will continue to be so in eternity.

Before i will answer more questions, you should begin with basic physics, and then we could move to the origin and biology of every living thing/organism you can find today
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32pm On Jan 02, 2020
WebSurfer:

The universe was as a result of Forces, which is still going on and will continue to be so in eternity.

And where did that force/forces come from?

WebSurfer:

Before i will answer more questions, you should begin with basic physics, and then we could move to the origin and biology of every living thing/organism you can find today

Not so fast. You need to answer foundational questions first. Where does life come from?
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

And where did that force/forces come from?

Not so fast. You need to answer foundational questions first. Where does life come from?
Do you know the correct definition of life ?

Maybe then you can be specific on your question

————
Let me help you from wikipedia
———

The meaning of life, or the answer to the question: "What is the meaning of life?", pertains to the significance of living or existence in general. Many other related questions include: "Why are we here?", "What is life all about?", or "What is the purpose of existence?" There have been a large number of proposed answers to these questions from many different cultural and ideological backgrounds. The search for life's meaning has produced much philosophical, scientific, theological, and metaphysical speculation throughout history. Different people and cultures believe different things for the answer to this question.

Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?

The meaning of life as we perceive it is derived from philosophical and religious contemplation of, and scientific inquiries about existence, social ties, consciousness, and happiness. Many other issues are also involved, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, the existence of one or multiple gods, conceptions of God, the soul, and the afterlife. Scientific contributions focus primarily on describing related empirical facts about the universe, exploring the context and parameters concerning the "how" of life.
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:56pm On Jan 03, 2020
WebSurfer:

Do you know the correct definition of life ?

Maybe then you can be specific on your question

————
Let me help you from wikipedia
———

The meaning of life, or the answer to the question: "What is the meaning of life?", pertains to the significance of living or existence in general. Many other related questions include: "Why are we here?", "What is life all about?", or "What is the purpose of existence?" There have been a large number of proposed answers to these questions from many different cultural and ideological backgrounds. The search for life's meaning has produced much philosophical, scientific, theological, and metaphysical speculation throughout history. Different people and cultures believe different things for the answer to this question.

Where Do We Come From? What Are We? Where Are We Going?

The meaning of life as we perceive it is derived from philosophical and religious contemplation of, and scientific inquiries about existence, social ties, consciousness, and happiness. Many other issues are also involved, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, the existence of one or multiple gods, conceptions of God, the soul, and the afterlife. Scientific contributions focus primarily on describing related empirical facts about the universe, exploring the context and parameters concerning the "how" of life.

“We believe that the most scientific view, the most up-to-date and rationalistic conception, will find its fullest satisfaction in taking the Bible story literally…We may be sure that all these things happened just as they are set out according to Holy Writ…Let the men of science and learning expand their knowledge and probe with their researches every detail of the records which have been preserved to us from these dim ages. All they will do is to fortify the grand simplicity and essential accuracy of the recorded truths which have lighted so far the pilgrimage of man" (Winston Churchill, cited in Our Hope, Aug. 1944, pages 123-124).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 3 January 2014 at 05:00 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

“We believe that the most scientific view, the most up-to-date and rationalistic conception, will find its fullest satisfaction in taking the Bible story literally…We may be sure that all these things happened just as they are set out according to Holy Writ…Let the men of science and learning expand their knowledge and probe with their researches every detail of the records which have been preserved to us from these dim ages. All they will do is to fortify the grand simplicity and essential accuracy of the recorded truths which have lighted so far the pilgrimage of man" (Winston Churchill, cited in Our Hope, Aug. 1944, pages 123-124).

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 3 January 2014 at 05:00 ·
Are you this so stubborn and foolish? Can’t you see your records are too recent when compared to the oldest discovered fossils?
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:40pm On Jan 03, 2020
WebSurfer:

Are you this so stubborn and foolish? Can’t you see your records are too recent when compared to the oldest discovered fossils?

That's all you've got - abuses and insults. No answer as to the origins of the universe and biological life. undecided

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by WebSurfer(m): 8:06pm On Jan 03, 2020
OLAADEGBU:

That's all you've got - abuses and insults. No answer as to the origins of the universe and biological life. undecided
how can you understand when your head is blocked. I started by trying to explain what life is but you can’t even read and understand simple analysis
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:13pm On Jan 04, 2020
Isaiah Wolf said: “Is marijuana also intelligently designed for humans to freely consume?”

Ray Answers: Marijuana is a weed. It is part of the Genesis curse. Those who smoke it called it “dope” for a reason.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 3 January 2014 at 21:30 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:03pm On Jan 06, 2020
Someone Said: “Atheists do not have faith that a God does not exist, we are just asking for the evidence that a God exists.”

Ray Answers: Creation is evidence for the existence of God. It is scientifically impossible for nature to make itself. See Romans 1:20-24. You are without excuse now and will be on Judgment Day, if you are without a Saviour.

Watch --> www.evolutionvsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 6 January 2014 at 23:00 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Someone Said: "I am full of life and happiness. My family brings me joy, among other things. I love living in the here and now, and being accountable to my fellow humans.”

Ray Answers: Everything you love is temporal. It will one day be ripped from your hands by death. That could be today--and that's not some sort of scare tactic; it is reality.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 7 January 2014 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:50pm On Jan 07, 2020
Someone Said: "Suppose the Muslim hell is the real one. Then YOU lose."

Ray Answers: Muslims aren't fools. They know the Creator exists because of the order of Nature and the existence of the human conscience. They also know that Hell exists, but they have no Savior to avoid it. God provided a Savior for all of humanity. He said that "whoever" trusts in Him will be saved. This is truly good news for the whole world.

Watch --> www.evolutionvsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort 7 January 2014 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Someone Said: “So why, oh, why did He create us, then destroy us, then repopulate us through incest if He had foreknowledge of exactly what we were about to do? "

Ray Answered: He didn't “destroy us.” We are still here despite the flood of Noah — because God in His kindness saved eight people, and He didn't repopulate us through incest because “incest” wasn't a sin or to crime in those days.

Watch -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort November 14, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
“If we really were deceived or deluded, then God could not hold us responsible for it.” Richard McAtheist II

Ray Answers: He does hold every one of us responsible. This is because our ignorance is willful, and He warns that if you continue to choose ignorance, He will give you over to a "strong delusion," and then to what the Bible calls a "reprobate" mind.

Watch www.EvolutionVsGod.com 5,000 More Views to 1 Million !!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort November 13, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
Donna Maree Said: "Funny, Chris, because as a loving parent myself, I don't wish to sentence my child to eternal torture when she doesn't appreciate the gift I gave her ...... "

Ray Answers: God is not your Father and you are not His child, that is until you are born into His family via the new birth (see John3: 1-5). Until that time the Bible makes it clear that you belong to the god of this world - Satan, and his will you will gladly do.

It's not the judge that sends a criminal to prison. His crimes send him there. The judge merely carries out justice, and God will merely see that perfect Justice is done on the Day of Judgment. See www.needGod.com to find out how you (and your beloved child) can have everlasting life.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort November 10, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Reyn Kvothe Said: “The Bible is a lie from Iron Age peasants. There is nothing to suggest there is a god. Game over. ”

Ray Answers: This is no game. This is about where you will spend eternity. Those who approach the Word of God with a proud and arrogant heart will see nothing but "dead letter." But those who approach through the door of humility will experience its living power. God is manifest through His works and His moral requirements through the human conscience, and so all humanity will be without excuse on Judgment Day. Please check out www.needGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort November 9, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11pm On Jan 09, 2020
Someone Said: "Are you a meat eater?"

Ray Answers: When Jesus told the Parable of the Prodigal Son, He didn't say to “kill the fatted cabbage.” He said to kill the fatted calf. They had a barbeque. The Bible teaches that Christians are free to eat or not eat meat (see Romans 14).

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Someone Said: "Galileo was censured by the church, and he's far from the only example. When the church would claim dominion over that which rightfully belongs to science, then atheists have every right to be angry at it for preventing human advancement. Would we have ever landed on the moon if the church had kept convincing everyone the Earth was flat? ”

Ray Answers: Galileo wasn't an atheist. When the Roman Catholic church confined him to house arrest I have protested, “I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.” Also, almost everyone ( including scientists) believed that the earth was flat (except theist, Christopher Columbus and some others). And don't forget that the men who landed on the moon read Genesis chapter one from space, and just before the landing they took communion and thanked God for sending a Saviour. The president of American Atheists, Inc., at the time tried to sue NASA for reading of the Bible, but it was thrown out of court.

Watch - >> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:57pm On Jan 09, 2020
How do I know that God loves me? Is it because He fashioned my eyes with 137,000,000 light sensitive cells so that I could see color and beauty? Or because He g ave us amazingly intricate ears to enjoy good music, or an unspeakably sophisticated brain to process information?

While I appreciate these as gifts from God, any one of them could be taken from me in a moment of time by a car accident or a stroke or aneurism. If I believed that they were the only tokens of His love, I would then think He no longer loved me.

Rather, I look to the cross. It stands forever as evidence of His amazing love: “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5: 8 ).

Watch --- >> www.EvolutionVsGod.com Almost 1 Million Views!

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort November 12, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:59pm On Jan 09, 2020
"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." Lou Spowles

We dismiss all other god's because the Creator of the Universe stated as the First of the Ten Commandments "You shall have no other gods before Me." We don't dismiss gods because they don't exist, but because they do. Man has always had a propensity to create false gods, “gods” shaped in his mind by the image of what he thinks God is like, something the Bible calls “idolatry.” So you would be wise to re-think the reason for your sweeping dismissal, and to consider your eternal salvation, before death seizes you and seals your fate forever.

Watch ---- >>>> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort November 12, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
Taylor Sweetland Said: "I have plenty of hope and I'm an atheist."

Ray Answers: Your hope is that there is no God, and that He doesn't require moral responsibility We know that your hope will shatter - either the moment you die and find that God is real, or the moment that you repent, trust in Jesus and find that God is real. We hope it's the latter.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort November 9, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Someone Said: “About 90% of prison inmates in America are religious. Roughly 75% are Christian. Roughly same amount of serial killers are Christian. ”

Ray Answers : Christians obey the law and love their enemies — they don't murder them. Religious hypocrites (pretenders) violate the law and kill people. They will be sorted out and punished on Judgment Day.

Watch - >> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
Someone Said: “My life is great. I'm good without god. ”

Ray Answers: All of us think we have our own definition of “good.” But “good” in God's Book means moral perfection, in thought, word and in deed. That will be the standard of judgment on Judgment Day. If you think you have a great life, you will want to keep it and the only way to do that is through the new birth. See www.needGod.com for details.

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Someone Said: "Why did God create us sick then command us to be well?"

Ray Answers: When God made Adam, everything was "very good" (see Genesis 1:31). There was no disease, pain, suffering and death. These miseries came when Adam sinned. God cursed the ground and gave Adam and his offspring the death sentence. The Bible says that we "die in Adam," but we can be "made alive in Christ" (see 1 Corinthians 15:22). You are free to ignore God's command to repent and trust in the Saviour, but if you do, instead of receiving mercy, you will get Justice.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort November 13, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:53pm On Jan 09, 2020
“It would seem that the Baptists may actually lead the Catholics in child molestation convictions."

The entire international Church is filled with false converts/hypocrites. Let's hope the law exposes pedophiles before they get to the kids.

Otherwise God will sort them out on Judgment Day.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort July 15, 2017 ·
www.theEXITmovie.com
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
"Ray Comfort - What did the humans and animals eat when they departed the Ark? There would be no terrestrial plants left after 300+ days under water, so there wouldn't be a lot of options for chow." Beth johnson

Ray Answers: Steak.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort December 25, 2013 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
“So, why don't you practice what you preach here? Instead of making a stupid reply to a question you obviously can't answer? Which is something you have done before here, the 'steak' comment in response to somebody asking what the animals ate after landing, when all the plant life was dead from the flood.” Gerwyn Petty

I was serious with the “steak” reply (my apologies; it's easy to forget that some of you don't read, believe, or know the Bible). The inference made by the atheist questioner - that there would have been nothing to eat after the flood, isn't true. God told Noah "Take with you seven pairs of every kind of clean animal" (Genesis 7: 2). Clean animals were those that could be eaten. Noah had a small herd of cattle on board, so he had a good meat supply (steak). Also, the Bible says that vegetation had started to grow by the time they exited the ark, so he could have had meat and fresh vegetables if he was out of food — which I doubt. His on-board chickens, ducks and other birds would have supplied him with eggs, and his cows gave him a good source of milk, butter, and cheese.

Of course, none of these thoughts will help because you will have a million and one other objections when it comes to the flood. To try and convince anyone that Noah built an Ark is to put the cart before the horse. You should first repent, trust alone in Jesus for your salvation. If you do that you have God's promise that He will make Himself known to you (see John 14:21). That will solve your whole DUH (“Don't Understand How”) problem, because with God, nothing is impossible.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort January 11, 2014 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26am On Jan 14, 2020
Samatha Swartz: “The ten commandments that christians cherish starts out: Exodus 20 The Ten Commandments: 1 And God spoke all these words: 2“ I am the Lord you r God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Did God bring you out of the land of Egypt, out of slavery? DO NOT!?!?!? Then I guess these laws are not for you, are they? ”

Ray Answers: You are sadly mistaken. The Bible is filled with “typologies” —leprosy is a “type” of sin, Joseph is a type of Christ, the wilderness of the Hebrew desert is a type of the wilderness of this baron world, etc. Without this understanding the entire Bible will seem to be a jumbled mess of confusion.

Egypt is a type of this sin-filled world, where sinners are slaves to their sins. God brought the Christian out of this world and freed us from slavery to sin and death.

Your conclusion is therefore wrong also. The moral Law isn't just for the Jews. It was given to the whole world so that we would have knowledge of what sin is (see Romans 3: 19-20), and it will be the standard by which God will judge the world.

Watch this Free -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort January 14, 2014 at 01:00 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2020
Chris Bogg said: "You guys are funny. Show me the evidence of this great flood. Oh, that's right you can't, you deluded fools."

Ray Answers: More than 70% of the earth being cover by water is a good clue. Scientists don't know how the water got there.

Watch Evolution Get Debunked -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Source: https://www.facebook.com/official.Ray.Comfort January 15, 2014 ·
Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2020
A skeptic remarked: "Lack of faith is insulting to God - sounds extremely petty."

Ray answers: I don't believe for one minute anything you say. You are not a trustworthy person. I lack faith in you because you lack the virtue of faithfulness. The lack of faith in someone is to slur their integrity. How much more so with God.

Watch Evolutionists Debunk The Self: -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
Richard Bushey said: “Out of curiosity, have you read Richard Wurmbrand's Tortured For Christ? He gives an incredible account of torturers who claimed all of their evil in the name of atheism. ”

"The communist torturers often said, 'There is no God, no Hereafter, no punishment for evil. We can do what we wish.' I have heard one torturer even say, 'I thank God, in whom I don't believe, that I have lived to this hour when I can express all the evil in my heart.' I have expressed it in unbelievable brutality and torture inflicted on prisoners. " (Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand, page 34).

Evolution Exposed! Watch it Free -> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:48pm On Jan 15, 2020
A Skeptic Said: “If there was an omnipotent Supreme Being, why would He use such a fallible device of communication - a book written by men, selected by men? Why not just communicate directly?”

Ray Answers: God did communicate directly with human beings. When He gave the Ten Commandments, the nation of Israel was so fearful that they thought they would die. He has chosen to give us His written Word telling us how to find everlasting life, and we are to simply do what it says.

Take The Good Person Test -> www.needGod.com

Re: Answers To Common Objections To The Existence Of God And Of Christianity by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
A Skeptic Said: "The only thing you can say about all atheists is that they all lack belief in gods."

Ray Answers: There are many atheists around the world who don't embrace your carefully worded modern definition. They simply say "I believe that there is no God." Your cut-and-paste movement only started a few years ago. But you are still connected to the old "I believe" atheists. If I have a car and say “I lack belief in makers,” it means I believe that cars have no makers — and my car therefore had no maker. It means that I believe that nothing made it. So, carefully worded though your modern definition may be, it still leaves you believing the scientifically impossible — that nothing made everything.

Evolution Deflated in Minutes! Watch> www.EvolutionVsGod.com

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / CAN Reacts To The Murder Of Evangelist Eunice Olawale / Blessed Virgin Mary Crying Out Blood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.