Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,673 members, 7,809,565 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95001 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 1:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^^ good thing i'm not the only one that found the book annoying, i'm never touching any of her books again.

naijababe:

Watchers was okay IMO. False Memory, mehn that book made me swear to never see a shrink.

i'm telling you! i've read the book twice (due to nothing else to read), i just love the way every thing pieced together.

@topic

Shining through by Susan Isaacs.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by doyin13(m): 1:30am On Jun 06, 2011
Burma Boy by Biyi Bandele. . .

The book has some very funny moments for a story about war.

About the West African forces enlisted to fight the Japanese
in Burma.

Its a bit too slight though it ended tragically.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 1:37am On Jun 06, 2011
^ Just started it yesterday. Mind telling me exactly what Samanja is?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by iice(f): 2:34am On Jun 06, 2011
Evidence ~ J. Kellerman
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by durojaiyeb: 10:02am On Jun 06, 2011
Times of the supermen
by Tope Apoola

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 10:39am On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

^ Excellent. You wont be disappointed, I promise you. It's a very good book

Finished it.
I enjoyed it and it had a lot of funny bits. I didn't think the ending was true to the theme of the book tho. Bolanle returned to her father's house just like that? She hated it there in the first place and that was why she went to Baba Segi's house. Not being able to have a child shouldn't have deterred her.

Oh well. Overall, I liked it sha.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 06, 2011
spikedcylinder:

[color=#550000]Finished it.
I enjoyed it and it had a lot of funny bits. I didn't think the ending was true to the theme of the book tho. Bolanle returned to her father's house just like that? She hated it there in the first place and that was why she went to Baba Segi's house. Not being able to have a child shouldn't have deterred her.

Ah! You forget that Baba Segi's house was just a hiding place for her, I think Lola was trying to convey to the reader that she eventually rediscovered herself and dealt with her issues. Therefore, the natural course was her leaving. Glad you liked it; so tell me what Samanja means since you've read Burma Boy. I guess my Hausa pidgin ain't all o' that.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by semid4lyfe(m): 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2011
Frederick Forsyth - The Cobra
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2011
The Multi-Men Woman by Tahiba June
The Tainted Blood by Tahiba June
My Poetry Book by Tahiba June
and for teens I recommed: The MoNEY Matter and Life is a Mess
and for kids; Paulo, the smarty pants
all by Tahiba June and available on lulu.com
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 4:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

Ah! You forget that Baba Segi's house was just a hiding place for her, I think Lola was trying to convey to the reader that she eventually rediscovered herself and dealt with her issues. Therefore, the natural course was her leaving. Glad you liked it; so tell me what Samanja means since you've read Burma Boy. I guess my Hausa pidgin ain't all o' that.

I'm not sure what it meant but I kept guessing it meant soldier. smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:41pm On Jun 06, 2011
[size=13pt]100 pages already? I guess I'll be the last person to comment on this thread. . . . [/size]
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by pkasso(m): 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2011
iice:

Evidence ~ J. Kellerman
Way to go baby ! cheesy
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by doyin13(m): 8:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
naijababe:

^ Just started it yesterday. Mind telling me exactly what Samanja is?

Samanja is the Hausa corruption of Sergeant-Major grin grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
doyin13:

Samanja is the Hausa corruption of Sergeant-Major grin grin

Thanks smiley

spikedcylinder:

I'm not sure what it meant but I kept guessing it meant soldier. smiley

So u no sabi dodo? tongue
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by MyneWhite1(f): 5:11am On Jun 07, 2011
The memory of love by Aminatta Forna
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by doyin13(m): 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
Peter Carey - - - Theft
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by debosky(m): 10:03pm On Jun 07, 2011
James Patterson & Maxine Paetro - Private
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by etaurus(m): 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
Sword of Truths: The Soul of Fire by Terry Goodkind
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sirgeorge(m): 4:10pm On Jun 08, 2011
Allah is not obliged-Ahmadou Koroma
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 9:38am On Jun 09, 2011
sir george:

Allah is not obliged-Ahmadou Koroma

Good book eh? I enjoyed it well well. smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by zstranger: 10:18am On Jun 09, 2011
naijababe:

Thanks  smiley

So u no sabi dodo?  tongue

Nice profile pix, keep it up.

Lets put a face to this voracious reader/owner of those sexy legs, shall we? grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by seeme2(f): 11:33am On Jun 09, 2011
Times of the supermen

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 12:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
@ topic

Buxton Spice - Oonya Kempadoo.

Started it a while ago but never got to finish. Starting all over again.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 09, 2011
zstranger:

Nice profile pix, keep it up.

Lets put a face to this voracious reader/owner of those sexy legs, shall we? grin

U wan derail abi ? I no get your time now grin

@ Topic : The women of Owu - Femi Osofisan
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tanimz(f): 1:52am On Jun 10, 2011
A drop of the hard stuff - Lawrence Block.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by snthesis(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Finished it.

Oh well. Overall, I liked it sha.

d ending made alot of sense especially if you considered her travails
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2011
snthesis:

d ending made alot of sense especially if you considered her travails

Lmao! Wachu on about?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 12:26pm On Jun 10, 2011
@ naijababe
Did you get to finish Burma Boy? What did you think?

Unlike some people that called it slight. *yinmu*
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by snthesis(m): 12:44pm On Jun 10, 2011
spikedcylinder:

Lmao! Wachu on about?
the way she was treated in baba Segi's house wsnt fair even though it ws comical
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 2:16pm On Jun 10, 2011
Hmmmn. *eyes him*
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2011
A Heart To Mend - Myne Whitman. . .at long last grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:52am On Jun 11, 2011
grin grin grin wink
spikedcylinder:

Hmmmn. *eyes him*

continued here :-
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-694748.0.html

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.