Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,275 members, 7,818,934 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (95169 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by legs(f): 8:38pm On Jul 26, 2005
@ vieira & jogego i feel u guys on the ludlum i have a tattered copy of the icarus agenda that i am not going to let go of

@ olaide i read sons of fortune great book but i think not as great as kane & abel or " prodigal daughter"
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Latoya(f): 3:56am On Jul 27, 2005
HEY ALL,
Has anyone read the books SLAVE or DESERT FLOWER
those books rock.they r African books i will recommed
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by tcherokee(m): 1:20am On Jul 28, 2005
i just finished harry potter and the half blood prince(e-book) and I'm starting on the Da Vinci Code now(also an e book) didn't really like the end of the half blood price but it was still a very good book(for those of u who like harry potter and don't use the films to judge the books)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Latoya(f): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2005
hmmmmmmmm i wont even bother reading the book cos i guess it will be the same story line as the movie.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by DEKING3(m): 9:04am On Jul 29, 2005
I scarcely read novels. I'd rather prefer to watch the movie if it's got any coz I'll always occupied. That doesn't mean I don't read at all. Right now, I'm reading "The 4th book in the Left Behind series titled 'Soul Harvest'"
The book tells of a senior airplane pilot who was trying to ask his senior flight attendant out when suddenly over a 100 people or so on board got missing mysteriously.

These books are really gripping and co-authored by Tim Lahaye and Jerrry B. Jenkins.

I sure so recommend the series.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by joftech(m): 11:00am On Jul 29, 2005
Am currently reading MEMOIRS OF EXTRAORDINARY POPULAR DELUSIONS, BY CHARLES MACKAY.

Hardcore computing textbooks are the next thing i used to, the only problem is that they are very expensive and very hard to come by here.

I also read lots of e-books on computing and technology too.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by nike4luv(f): 5:31pm On Aug 07, 2005
i love jaqueline wilson books

now am reading
get real by mimi thebo
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by chairman: 2:01pm On Aug 09, 2005
I am reading How to be a Nigerian by Peter Enahoro. Its a very funny book every nigerian MUST read. it shows how we behave, the importance we put on being a chairman (like me grin) It was written in the 60's but still holds true till today, showing that nigerians have not changed. cool
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by drbigdaddyg(m): 9:31am On Aug 10, 2005
Well, I have so many books am reading but, I'll just mention one JAMES HADLEY CHASE , "The dead stay dumb".
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 7:50pm On Aug 12, 2005
The Professor and the Madman -- S Winchester.

started catch-22 (forgot author). i'm not done yet though. i'll prob'ly dump the book.. it's really boring.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ra(f): 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2005
Chairman, I could not agree with you more grin. How To Be A Nigerian is absolutely hilarious. It's indeed a MUST read for all book lovers.It captures the thinking faculty of the average Nigerian. Do yourself a favour, look for it please in any of the local bookshops.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slowpoison(m): 3:23am On Aug 19, 2005
i thought that they say that we dont read in Nigeria, well done people. I read the Satanic verses once and would like to read it again,i want to read Puzo The last Don the only type of literature I cannot read is Romacnce I once tried to read mills and boom it gave me serious headache I could not understands how a mature man would park his car in the middle of the road because he wants to kiss his neigbhour.
my favorite author is Fredick Forsthye closely followed by Arthur Hailey but my favorite novel is Roses in winter the novel that has engaged me the most is Roots I read it in less than 2 days non stop without eating.
I have stoped reading sydney Sheldon i just feel that he is a wimp apart from Temple all his heroes are females.
Biographies are what really trips me at the momemt.
At present i am reading three books The Wild Swans (Three daughters of China), XPd and brotherhood of war (the captains)
I have stoped reading inspirational book they tend to interfere with my focus sometmes pulling in different directions. but i would like to introduce the last inspirational book that I read the Lessons of failure by Somi Uranta
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ra(f): 10:36am On Aug 19, 2005
Slowpoison..... erm... because Sidney Sheldon's heroes (heroines by the way) are women, he is a wimp? ..... Interesting concept. undecided
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by legs(f): 7:51pm On Aug 20, 2005
Ra u said it all ... really interesting concept abi?
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by layi(m): 5:17pm On Aug 21, 2005
God's Generals - Roberts Liardon
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Seun(m): 4:42am On Aug 23, 2005
Just finished "Da Vinci Code". it was a powerful story, but one shouldn't take the "facts" too seriously!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 4:49am On Aug 23, 2005
i read that book. i know right. it tells you Jesus had some wife and daughter. smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by joftech(m): 10:18am On Aug 23, 2005
the guy that wrote that is only doing that to make some money. does he think that those crusaders fought for nothing. and there is no prove for his stupid writeup.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ra(f): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2005
I could not bring myself to finish that book. It was full of bollocks. Downright sacrilegious is what it was.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by layi(m): 10:49am On Aug 23, 2005
Think And grow Rich - Napoleon Hill
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 6:41am On Sep 05, 2005
Stargirl -- Jerri Spinelli

i read it before but i'm reading it again because i like it.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by fabian(f): 9:59am On Sep 07, 2005
@ Chairman and Ra
How to be a Nigerian is a must read! grin

@ Latoya, Who are the Authors of the 2 African Books you mentioned?

DaVinci Code eh? It s a book that everyone should read and take with a pinch of salt, me thinks!

I am currently reading Life of Pi, by Yann Martel, winner of the 2003(or so) Man Booker prize award
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by slowpoison(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2005
Ra, legs and any other slighted person should forgive me I am so so sorry embarassed, I tried not to sound like a chuavinist that is why I used Hero cool and not Heroine or Shero kiss. I even tried to cancel that offensive word wimp rolleyes
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 4:31am On Sep 11, 2005
animal farm - george orwell
(i was too lazy to go to the library yesterday so i'm reading it online right now)
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by layi(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2005
Bible - I must finish it today
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by joftech(m): 11:54pm On Sep 11, 2005
animal farm - george orwell
(i was too lazy to go to the library yesterday so i'm reading it online right now)

@Wes, can you please provide the link to it.

Thanks in anticipation....
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 11:59pm On Sep 11, 2005
http://www.online-literature.com/orwell/animalfarm/ the chapters are on the right corner.
it's my assignment and i need to finish chapters one and two for monday.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by joftech(m): 8:18pm On Sep 12, 2005
Thanks.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 3:51am On Sep 15, 2005
suprisingly i just finished reading an abridged version of "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. come to think of it their "do or die" idea about marraige in the 18th century sure is funny/silly if u look at it from a modern day perspective. still on Pride and Prejudice i just rewathced "You've Got Mail" by Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan. its a real nice romantic movie with references to Pride and Prejudice here and there http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1800020044
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 3:54am On Sep 15, 2005
you read that book? i dumped it in like the 50th page. the book is good but i just had a hard time reading it with out a dictionary. all those old english words.

abriged version? what's that, the easy one. i need to finish that book.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 15, 2005
Right now i'm readin 'LESLIE' by Omar Tyree He's really good , any1 read some of his books? smiley
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by WesleyanA(f): 4:18am On Sep 15, 2005
nah. i don't really like those kind of books but i'll read one of them someday when i have completely nothing to do. everyone's reading those books are they really that good?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows / FEIRE - A Romance Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.