Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683640 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AlterEnigma(m): 7:05pm On Mar 07, 2018
FrankNetter:
At burger king, the issue I had when I started the job was communication. At this job, drama. Lemme explain.

If you notice, if you've paid close attention to my posts, I always tried to pick people's brains, to understand what makes them tick, to understand the mindset of the people I'd be working with, the mindset of Americans. In trying to do that, I try to strike up conversations with different people, dancing around different topics trying to get you to speak. In the first few weeks I started this job, I noticed this is a female dominated field and most of the persons whose brains I tried to pick we're ladies. In no time, news had started flying around that the new guy is a flirt, he's always talking to everybody. undecided

Each day I come to work, I'd hear one new gist about me and what I supposedly did. I wouldn't bore you guys with the sad tales of how these people think cos most of them are way too shallow to delve into deep conversations with. They are more content with running their mouths about celebrity news and who-is-fvcking-who at the job. The few times I've tried to bring politics or current affairs or something other than tv shows and drama and superficial stuff, I get a blank stare or something close to it. With time, I minimized my conversations to strictly work related stuff and started keeping to myself.

lol.. this cracked me up

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 7:06pm On Mar 07, 2018
Lol grin These people know how to make their government rich. $36.20 skyrocket to $556.20 grin

Abeg, I know-know no de der dictionary? grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by BlowJobs: 7:07pm On Mar 07, 2018
FrankNetter:
I've got some great news, my transcript has been evaluated, I applied to Chicago state university to study BSN nursing and got accepted. I paid the "acceptance fee" of $50 yesterday and I'm revving my engines, ready to go! Ready to explore a whole new world within the 4 walls of the university. smiley

Did you have to write any test? TEAS test?. I have a friend in Ohio trying to get into Nursing
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2018
BlowJobs:

Did you have to write any test? TEAS test?. I have a friend in Ohio trying to get into Nursing

Uh, no test whatsoever bro. I applied as a transfer student. I still have to contact the nursing body though to get the specifics, like requirements, the level I would start and if I'd take placement test etc. The $50 was to "secure my seat"

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2018
tuns486:

Awesome!. Congrats Bro

Thanks bro
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:23pm On Mar 07, 2018
Some days back, I started hearing some funny noises from my car bonnet, took it to the mechanic and found out my alternator was bad. It cost me $132 to get a new one and $60 to install it.

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by PDPGuy: 9:36pm On Mar 07, 2018
Congrats Franknetter. You’ve done well in being accepted to a BSN. It ain’t easy at all

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Congratulations bro. May God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Mar 07, 2018
congrat franknetter

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:59pm On Mar 07, 2018
Thanks guys.

Some time ago, I was driving back home from an errand I went on for my mum. I saw this lady trying to shovel her driveway because it had snowed the night before. I looked for a spot, parked my car and came down. I approached the lady and offered to shovel her driveway for a price, she agreed. Her shovel wasn't strong enough for the job, so I quickly drove back home and got my own snow shovel which was stronger.

Did the job and got cool $50 grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfUhPLmAS0l/

34 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 11:08pm On Mar 07, 2018
FrankNetter:
Thanks guys.

Some time ago, I was driving back home from an errand I went on for my mum. I saw this lady trying to shovel her driveway because it had snowed the night before. I looked for a spot, parked my car and came down. I approached the lady and offered to shovel her driveway for a price, she agreed. Her shovel wasn't strong enough for the job, so I quickly drove back home and got my own snow shovel which was stronger.

Did the job and got cool $50 grin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfUhPLmAS0l/

Nice

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:11pm On Mar 07, 2018
This lady's job is just to hold up this "stop" sign so that cars go stop for people to cross road. grin

22 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Beautyaddy: 11:38pm On Mar 07, 2018
FrankNetter:
This lady's job is just to hold up this "stop" sign so that cars go stop for people to cross road. grin

Lol! She's one of those School Crossing Guards.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 12:26am On Mar 08, 2018
FrankNetter:
Some days back, I started hearing some funny noises from my car bonnet, took it to the mechanic and found out my alternator was bad. It cost me $132 to get a new one and $60 to install it.

You are lucky. Bought mine $200 and fix it for 225$ at chicago.

Congrats on your admission. I live very close to chicago state university

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:18am On Mar 08, 2018
lionlee216:

You are lucky. Bought mine $200 and fix it for 225$ at chicago.

Congrats on your admission. I live very close to chicago state university

I could hook you up with my mechanic, he's Liberian and understands the immigrant hustle so his prices are fair. He's a very nice guy, honestly.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:19am On Mar 08, 2018
I've also opened a new Twitter account guys. Abeg follow me grin

@obinetter is the handle both for instagram and Twitter

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 2:31am On Mar 08, 2018
FrankNetter:

I could hook you up with my mechanic, he's Liberian and understands the immigrant hustle so his prices are fair. He's a very nice guy, honestly.

Where is he located?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:48am On Mar 08, 2018
lionlee216:

Where is he located?

South holland
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:52am On Mar 08, 2018
Which one be south Holland again? Gist me more!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by twayne01(m): 7:58am On Mar 08, 2018
FrankNetter:
I've also opened a new Twitter account guys. Abeg follow me grin

@obinetter is the handle both for instagram and Twitter

following already.. Hi guys, new here.. Yankee in a bit cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 2:55pm On Mar 08, 2018
FrankNetter:

grin..how you say this just crack me up! ... I hope you know she has to be trained and certified! "Crossing Guard". @ other post..all that snow and you don't have a metal shovel in your car boot?...may luck always be with you! Nice thread!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by idu1(m): 7:40pm On Mar 08, 2018
FrankNetter:

South holland
what's the tuition fee for international student in bsc nursing
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by adrenaline02: 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
congrats franknetter...

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by adrenaline02: 10:56pm On Mar 08, 2018
Any prospects for pharmacologist over there?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
Originalsly:
grin..how you say this just crack me up! ... I hope you know she has to be trained and certified! "Crossing Guard". @ other post..all that snow and you don't have a metal shovel in your car boot?...may luck always be with you! Nice thread!

I need that kind of job o. Easy money grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:58pm On Mar 08, 2018
adrenaline02:
congrats franknetter...

Thanks sir
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2018
Damarislopez:
Which one be south Holland again? Gist me more!

South holland is just a city like Chicago and matteson and the rest. It's located in the suburbs though
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 8:18am On Mar 09, 2018
It is annoying when you sleep and you entered United state of America in your dream only to wake up and start hearing...
Ekaaro Ologi de Ooooo

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by hammed71(m): 8:32am On Mar 09, 2018
Hadampson:
It is annoying when you sleep and you entered United state of America in your dream only to wake up and start hearing...
Ekaaro Ologi de Ooooo
welcome back

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 8:35am On Mar 09, 2018
FrankNetter:
I've got some great news, my transcript has been evaluated, I applied to Chicago state university to study BSN nursing and got accepted. I paid the "acceptance fee" of $50 yesterday and I'm revving my engines, ready to go! Ready to explore a whole new world within the 4 walls of the university. smiley
Congrats bro
I tap from ur blessing...Am happy for you

May God continue to elevate you

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hadampson(m): 8:54am On Mar 09, 2018
hammed71:
welcome back
Lol...I swear the thing dey vex me
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 09, 2018
America that haff tayad someone.. Abegi, Naija is bae. Can be going for holidays tho

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.