Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,797 members, 7,817,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683536 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ikengawo: 4:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ugosample:

lmao

did you say it's a complex?

naa

I don't think so...

they are not mates in any ramifications
that is just the fact....

Africa and the U.S. no be mates in anything

#fact
no matter how "afrocentric" one wants to claim to be
It's fact

Most American artists are bankrupt if you don't know. Most of the ways they are using to make money now are things Nigerian artists have been doing for decades. Today, American artists are latching on you Nigeria ones to make hits and sell records. Americans are good at packaging and convincing and Africans feel inferior to them. The combination of these elements makes a song with Chris Brown and Wizkid feel, to an African, that Wizkid is being blessed to meet Chris Brown while Wizkid earns more money and has more money than Brown. I have seen American record contracts.

You don't have to believe me, and likely, won't.

It's a complex.

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ikengawo: 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
I think the Nigerian artists are starting to notice this anyways, it's the Nigerian people that will take time because America has hypnotized the world.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 4:12pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ikengawo:

Most American artists are bankrupt if you don't know. Most of the ways they are using to make money now are things Nigerian artists have been doing for decades. Today, American artists are latching on you Nigeria ones to make hits and sell records. Americans are good at packaging and convincing and Africans feel inferior to them. The combination of these elements makes a song with Chris Brown and Wizkid feel, to an African, that Wizkid is being blessed to meet Chris Brown while Wizkid earns more money and has more money than Brown. I have seen American record contracts.

It's a complex.

lmao cheesy cheesy

this made me laugh cheesy grin

it's very funny cheesy cheesy

lol tongue

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 4:17pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ikengawo:
I think the Nigerian artists are starting to notice this anyways, it's the Nigerian people that will take time because America has hypnotized the world.

Lol cheesy

I know guys like you tho

Always over estimating Nigeria's importance cheesy grin

our industry have some a long way

They have tried

But they are far from getting there
They never reach

we still have zero structure in our industry
scarecrows as record labels
etc

one day sha
But not now

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Timi1990(m): 3:27am On Jul 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Wetin Buhari and Nigeria do you, let's continue to pray for Nigeria, the more we pray, things will change, prayers is what we need for Nigeria and Buhari to do well, continue to pray for Nigeria, prayers is the solution to good roads, health-care, efficient security, poverty reductions, end to insurgency and all the problems of Nigeria, China and other western nations did more of praying to be were they are today, so stop all the online rants and fast and pray more for Nigeria wink

Prayer ko, player ni . The average Nigerian believes prayer can do everything; my brother there are lot of things prayers won’t do ! Let’s all be honest . Infact, Israeli Govt wey get Jerusalem are not even relying on prayers anymore in this century . Saudi Arabia govt have been expanding its Arsenal and equipping it’s army to be able to confront both internal crisis and external aggression. The UAE & Qatar have become one of the top destinations for investors and business in recent years ; and you think they achieve this by praying every day ? . It’s time for Nigerian to rise up and revolt against the govt !!!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Best201195(m): 6:44am On Jul 26, 2019
Timi1990:

Prayer ko, player ni . The average Nigerian believes prayer can do everything; my brother there are lot of things prayers won’t do ! Let’s all be honest . Infact, Israeli Govt wey get Jerusalem are not even relying on prayers anymore in this century . Saudi Arabia govt have been expanding its Arsenal and equipping it’s army to be able to confront both internal crisis and external aggression. The UAE & Qatar have become one of the top destinations for investors and business in recent years ; and you think they achieve this by praying every day ? . It’s time for Nigerian to rise up and revolt against the govt !!!

She’s obviously being sarcastic. lol

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by NumeroUno7(m): 9:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ikengawo:

It's a complex.

I want to believe this is some kind of joke.. Wizkid has nothing on Chris Brown, like nothing at all.
You don't compare the American music industry to what you have in Nigeria. It's not done, Justin Bieber alone is bigger than all the artists in Africa

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Timi1990(m): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2019
NumeroUno7:

I want to believe this is some kind of joke.. Wizkid has nothing on Chris Brown, like nothing at all.
You don't compare the American music industry to what you have in Nigeria. It's not done, Justin Bieber alone is bigger than all the artists in Africa

Haba ! Justin Bieber grin ; out of all the super star wey Dey you con mention Justin Bieber bigger than all the artists in Africa shocked, you fall the whole Nigeria hand for this comment. Please download pandora, soundcloud, sportify, amazon music and see the number of time you hear Davido, wizkid, kizz daniel, Runtown, Tiwa Savage , Burna Boy etc on replay . Nigerian artiste are beginning to get more attention in the USA music industry, more than other African countries .

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 6:44pm On Aug 03, 2019
Timi1990:

Haba ! Justin Bieber grin ; out of all the super star wey Dey you con mention Justin Bieber bigger than all the artists in Africa shocked, you fall the whole Nigeria hand for this comment. Please download pandora, soundcloud, sportify, amazon music and see the number of time you hear Davido, wizkid, kizz daniel, Runtown, Tiwa Savage , Burna Boy etc on replay . Nigerian artiste are beginning to get more attention in the USA music industry, more than other African countries .

but the American artistes are still bigger
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Christian22aa(m): 12:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
Canada over everything

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Paccus: 12:40pm On Sep 20, 2019
lionlee216:
The Journey has not been easy but God has been faithful. Enrolled to college(Fall 2019) for an Engineering program. Will do 2years in CC the complete the rest at either UiC or CSU. Time to Intergrate into real American world. No time to check time. Me sef wan work for Boeing if dem pay good money.

In my own opinion, Visa success is more or less a lottery, Nice people with nice profile getting rejected while people with "packages" get approved. I met a guy last month and I was wondering how he got his Visa(Very local), God forgive me but i feel for people burning money just to get this US Visa.

I experienced America when I actually visited Chicago on 4th of July. I was living in a village(City)in Ohio and I can say we are just 10 Nigerians(Africans) there. All we do is go to store(Kroger), come back home. Our highest "Faaji" was Bowl of ice cream, fried Gizzard and Wild Irish Rose. Even the downtown got only 2 high rise building(The courthouse and one other building like that). So me stepping out that greyhound bus that night before 4th of July was crazy. I got into this nice apartment, the streets blasting music etc, went to downtown, I cant just help but stare at all those beautiful magnificent buildings(I walked inside downtown over an hour) just looking and taking pictures. Mehn, I knew i was in real America though 87th and state in south side is like one of this roads in Nigeria where you see people hawking stuffs on the main road.

Daaz001 said Chicago is like Mushin Lagos and Missouri is Paradise grin. I wasnt surprised coming from someone that relocated from one village to another village(No offense daddy grin) but he got to Lake Michigan and took over 1 million pictures grin.. Story for another day..

Back in Nigeria, I have never had sex with a married woman/A lady with kids because the way society presented a lady with kids as worthless etc. Guys be like "Mehn, I just fcked that girl that has kids so I have always this thought process maybe something is wrong with their pvssy or something, I really dont know but then experience here made me understand they are just as normal as ladies without kids. Nothing wrong with the pvssy shocked. I always be like I cant date or marry a single mother but I understand better they deserved to be loved as others.

If you think you love sex, You will get tired of sex when you get here, The are always in the mood, their "greenlight" is always on grin. So dont over do it and die for nothing. they see sex as nothing(My friend ran away from his akata girlfriend cos of too much sex) You can still be asking a lady and still be fucking without her saying YES to you but dont get it twisted, dont assume you guys are dating so that you dont get heart broken.

I am yet to see a peugeot car here on the road and when i asked my wife about the car, she said what is Peugeot? grin

I really dont have Nigerian friends but I met a nairalnader last week Sunday(I know you are seeing this lol).

I really wish to come to Nigeria this december but I am having mixed feelings about it. I can't just help but think I am spending $3000 to $4000 just for 15 days trip($2000+ on airline tickets alone), hotels, sight seeing, food, gift for FnF, etc. but then I miss my family and see whats going on in Nigeria. I want to go to Exhibition(for those that live in Ibadan with understand this) and do some other stuffs but mehn, the money much(I be poor boy).

One spirit dey tell me to just max out my credit card instead of using my Cash(devil is a liar)..

I feel victim of this my "new car" Its a 2AZ-FE engine that Toyota wanted to fix for excessive oil consumption but my warranty has expired embarassed. So Toyota said I should bring $3200 for fixing, I laughed! Car that is going to Nigeria next year Jan.Who wan dash toyota $3,200 on a car that drives good. Just that at 2800miles, it will be telling me low oil. I will just be topping up the oil every 1000 miles. Things are just too expensive when it comes to cars, Very expensive to fix.

Chicago boys bad. I have been scammed and robbed but God is still good. Franknetter, I dey find you oo.. One day, I go catch you for Mac shop cheesy

Do I have more to share? No

Nice day
Bro why didn't you use your bachelors degree from Nigeria to get your masters, or is it better to start again afresh

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lyrondee: 6:18am On Sep 21, 2019
Yo, anyone in Atlanta right here? Wanna mingle for the weekend?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Obatise: 8:39am On Sep 22, 2019
Paccus:

Bro why didn't you use your bachelors degree from Nigeria to get your masters, or is it better to start again afresh

You don't have to coat the whole post and let me answer the second question, the course he studied in Nigeria might not be a selling course wey he dey hence, he decided to start afresh. From what I understand IT and Medical field pay good so people tend to drop what they previously have and get another degree.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Seyiadex0000(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2019
tescoman90:

i don look pictures so teeeeeeh my eye dey comot water.......................day dreaming no good oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Same

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 6:40pm On Sep 28, 2019
Christian22aa:
Canada over everything
All the way, bruv.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Drenimarcus(m): 7:07pm On Sep 28, 2019
I just hope this thread hasn’t been abandoned. This thread with them blowjobs thread helped lots on here. I am one of them.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Joohan: 12:08am On Sep 29, 2019
Drenimarcus:
I just hope this thread hasn’t been abandoned. This thread with them blowjobs thread helped lots on here. I am one of them.

Looking forward to yours smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Drenimarcus(m): 2:09am On Sep 29, 2019
Joohan:

Looking forward to yours smiley

Honestly I wish but I haven’t just found the motivation and my computer ain’t helping either.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Joohan: 6:49am On Sep 29, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Honestly I wish but I haven’t just found the motivation and my computer ain’t helping either.

Alright. When you do, remember to give me a shout out wink
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Seyiadex0000(m): 8:23am On Sep 29, 2019
Clefayomide:

did u just mention Nigerian police??

my brother, Sergeant chukwudi will collect 1crate of beer and still wont help
if u complain him go arrest u join
hahaha � funny guy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by realestniggah: 4:23pm On Oct 17, 2019
Ikengawo:

It's a complex.

This guy really said wizkid is richer than Chris brown.

Biggest joke I have seen on this thread so far

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by chiboy1116: 7:30am On Oct 18, 2019
Timi1990:

Justin Bieber is a bigger artist than Chris brown for your information . According to Forbes u would need at least 20 WizKids to get to his net worth.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Timi1990(m): 1:58am On Oct 19, 2019
chiboy1116:
Justin Bieber is a bigger artist than Chris brown for your information . According to Forbes u would need at least 20 WizKids to get to his net worth.

grin according to the same Forbes , Invictus Okeke Nah One of Africa most successful entrepreneurs below 30; ontop FBI and the whole world ehn be Yahoo! Extra . Forget all those Forbes publicity wey you Dey read, most American artist nah packaging dem self Dey use . Most of them don’t own what they claim .

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ChristoBam: 2:43am On Oct 19, 2019
Timi1990:

grin according to the same Forbes , Invictus Okeke Nah One of Africa most successful entrepreneurs below 30; ontop FBI and the whole world ehn be Yahoo! Extra . Forget all those Forbes publicity wey you Dey read, most American artist nah packaging dem self Dey use . Most of them don’t own what they claim .

So it's Nigerian artistes that own 100% of what they claim? Nigerian artistes no dey package?

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ChristoBam: 3:01am On Oct 19, 2019
Ikengawo:

It's a complex.

All these old heads that'll go on the internet to spill nonsense. Wizkid earns more money than Chris Brown? Lmao.

Everything you spilled up there is total nonsense. Every single thing. 100% lies and propaganda. Americans are latching on Nigerian artiste to make hits? Which kain nonsense be this? Examples of such artistes and the songs abeg. You can't mention 5. It's the Nigerian Artistes that mostly feature foreign artiste so their sounds can get known internationally. Nigerians get one problem, small thing like this una go begin to make mumu mouth..

And why don't you research online, the various ways American artistes make their money. Nigerian artistes have to rely mostly on money from shows and endorsements. Africans don't stream shit. You dey here dey talk nonsense. Drake made $17m last year from online streams alone. That's more than the whole Net worth of Wizkid. Why am I still typing sef.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by chiboy1116: 7:05am On Oct 19, 2019
Timi1990:

abeg stop de talk this thing , u actually believe WizKid got more bar ? How many guys listens to WizKid ? How many tours has WizKid been on ? How many endorsement deals does he have ? That kind stuff de applicable to guys like lil pump dem , lil Uzi vert , Travis Scott( this one hold sha) . WizKid fit de richer than these guys , no be guys like Justin Bieber , JB toured for more than 12 months in his last album , Nigerian musicians de tour like that? Lol
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Inehmesit: 1:57pm On Oct 19, 2019
Where is the OP of this thread? I just started reading the thread and realized he stopped posting around 2017, if I’m correct, cause I was skipping some post because I don’t have that much time to click every single page. The guy really has a thing for telling stories. I wish he continued, or maybe he’s no longer in the states, I don’t know, if he’s reading this reply, I just want him to know that he did a great job with the thread. Cheers to him wink

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Timi1990(m): 4:58pm On Oct 19, 2019
chiboy1116:
abeg stop de talk this thing , u actually believe WizKid got more bar ? How many guys listens to WizKid ? How many tours has WizKid been on ? How many endorsement deals does he have ? That kind stuff they applicable to guys like lil pump dem , lil Uzi vert , Travis Scott . WizKid fit de richer than these guys , no be guys like Justin Bieber , JB toured for almost than 12 months for his last album , Nigerian musicians de tour ? Lol
grin to end this argument; all of them nah packaging. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:29pm On Oct 30, 2019
Inehmesit:
Where is the OP of this thread? I just started reading the thread and realized he stopped posting around 2017, if I’m correct, cause I was skipping some post because I don’t have that much time to click every single page. The guy really has a thing for telling stories. I wish he continued, or maybe he’s no longer in the states, I don’t know, if he’s reading this reply, I just want him to know that he did a great job with the thread. Cheers to him wink

Thanks bro. I’m still alive �

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:35pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

At the end of my first semester, I was adviced by two of my instructors to join the honor society called Phi Theta Kappa - an honor society for those whose CGPAs were in the range of 3.5/4.0 to 4.0/4.0. I finished this semester with As in all my courses and a 4/4 CGPA

I heeded this advice and now I’m the Vice President of the honor society.

I saved up some money and bought a car as well.

Currently I’m working 4 jobs simultaneously, I quit my ups job and I’m working at Amazon now along with two nursing homes and a staffing agency. I’m also going to school, taking Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology 2 - the last of my prerequisites for the nursing program

Picture of my car below.

I go try update and break down this post sha cos a lot has happened to me. One love

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2019
Electroweb:
Franknetter will just come and shake the table small, then go into hibernation mode as the table gathers momentum and shakes vigorously.

Lol I no dey shake any table my brother. I just dey live my life jejely

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

I heeded this advice and now I’m the Vice President of the honor society.

I saved up some money and bought a car as well.

Currently I’m working 4 jobs simultaneously, I quit my ups job and I’m working at Amazon now along with two nursing homes and a staffing agency. I’m also going to school, taking Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology 2 - the last of my prerequisites for the nursing program

Picture of my car below.

I go try update sha. One love

Congrats bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.