Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683525 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Drenimarcus(m): 4:51pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

I heeded this advice and now I’m the Vice President of the honor society.

I saved up some money and bought a car as well.

Currently I’m working 4 jobs simultaneously, I quit my ups job and I’m working at Amazon now along with two nursing homes and a staffing agency. I’m also going to school, taking Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology 2 - the last of my prerequisites for the nursing program

Picture of my car below.

I go try update and break down this post sha cos a lot has happened to me. One love

Sound the alarm, frank is here! grin grin cheesy wink ;DGlad you doing okay bro! Congrats on the new car.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Beautyaddy: 5:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

Currently I’m working 4 jobs simultaneously, I quit my ups job and I’m working at Amazon now along with two nursing homes and a staffing agency. I’m also going to school, taking Microbiology and Anatomy & Physiology 2 - the last of my prerequisites for the nursing program

Picture of my car below.

I go try update and break down this post sha cos a lot has happened to me. One love

Wow!...You must be a genius.

So how do you get the time to study?

Or maybe you're in school part time. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2019
Why are you in a 2 community college?

Is it because it is cheap?

How easy for you to transfer to a 4 year university after collecting your certificate?

Does the community college associate degree works like OND in Nigeria where after graduation you will be taken straight to 200 level in a 4 years university?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by KingCurtis21: 8:33pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

Picture of my car below.

Congrats bro. More blessings ��������

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Spanishmilf(m): 8:45pm On Oct 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

How easy for you to transfer to a 4 year university after collecting your certificate?

Does the community college associate degree works like OND in Nigeria where after graduation you will be taken straight to 200 level in a 4 years university?

is this a question or an insult

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Inehmesit: 9:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

Thanks bro. I’m still alive �
why aren’t you updating anymore?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
Spanishmilf:
is this a question or an insult

sorry excuse me, how is this an insult and where was insulting words used in my question

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

Picture of my car below.

Did I read four jobs? Menh 7 days without money can make one weak sha! Hussle real hard man.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:02pm On Oct 30, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Wow!...You must be a genius.

So how do you get the time to study?

Or maybe you're in school part time. cheesy

I’m in school Mondays through Thursdays, no school on Friday. After school I go to one of my jobs, then get home at like 11:00 pm. On Friday’s, I work all day, 6:00 am to 10:00 pm. Saturday and Sunday, I mix my other jobs, I may do 6 hours here, 4 hours here, but I mostly spend my time at work. I read during my downtime at work. I’ve still maintained my 4/4 CGPA though.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:07pm On Oct 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

This school offers me an easy way to where I’m going. I’m here for the two year associates degree in nursing. After which I’d start working, then transfer to a university where I can get my bachelors degree in nursing and masters from there hopefully.

lilwetdick:

Yup

lilwetdick:

Super easy, right now sef, schools have started offering me scholarships to come to their schools

lilwetdick:

Nah, associates degree over here holds much more weight in the labor markets than OND in Nigeria. I’d only do a 14 month course to get a bachelors degree in nursing after completing the associates degree

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
subcbouy:
Did I read four jobs? Menh 7 days without money can make one weak sha! Hussle real hard man.

Na so na. Most times, after one of my cna jobs, I change up to my clothes as I’m driving to the next job. Then I’d just buy a burger or something and be eating while driving grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

This school offers me an easy way to where I’m going. I’m here for the two year associates degree in nursing. After which I’d start working, then transfer to a university where I can get my bachelors degree in nursing and masters from there hopefully.

Yup

Super easy, right now sef, schools have started offering me scholarships to come to their schools

Nah, associates degree over here holds much more weight in the labor markets than OND in Nigeria. I’d only do a 14 month course to get a bachelors degree in nursing.

thanks for your explanation obi)

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:19pm On Oct 30, 2019
lilwetdick:

thanks for your explanation obi)

You’re welcome lilwetdick cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

You’re welcome lilwetdick cheesy

one last stuff, i am curious about this Phi Theta Kappa society

where you initiated, do you have their symbol in your arm and how was the hazing, i know the society is for students in 2 years colleages who are top in their class or in sports

does the society help in future networking in terms of jobs placement or is it just a social club?

and how does the society help the environment they are located in?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 11:46pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

Na so na. Most times, after one of my cna jobs, I change up to my clothes as I’m driving to the next job. Then I’d just buy a burger or something and be eating while driving grin
congratulations bro, more blessings
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 30, 2019
FrankNetter:

best of luck to you bro! Hope no gun violence,where you are?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Profitfocused: 12:58am On Oct 31, 2019
FrankNetter:

Yup

Nah, associates degree over here holds much more weight in the labor markets than OND in Nigeria. I’d only do a 14 month course to get a bachelors degree in nursing after completing the associates degree

Franknetter, do you have an idea of the number of months it will take an individual with a Top-up degree nursing from UK to get a proper nursing degree in the US. That's if possible at all.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 7Alexandre: 6:54am On Oct 31, 2019
FrankNetter:

Like how much did you pay for the Toyota Camry?

Was it bought Brand New or Used?

Did you buy from a Car Dealership or Car Auction?

Thank you in advance for you answers.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bjjobs: 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2019
I quit my job as a correction officer yesterday after I witnessed how my colleague was almost beating to death by an inmate,i used to work for state of texas as correctional officer until yesterday,i am looking into IT,just looking for someone to put me through,i know you can make 4 figures in IT with with few weeks training but idont know which one to do or where to seek help,i live in dallas texas now but can move anywhere.thank you

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by InvertedHammer: 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
deuzgreat:

you ve never made sense for once on nairaland. are you this pathetic?

/
And 3 years later, you had this to say. Move on!

You need a life.

/

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Jacksparrow2019: 8:18pm On Oct 31, 2019
Sound d alarm ......
Sound d alarm......
Frank is bakkkkkkk nt just back BT with a car........
More wins bro..... 1 day I go give una my own update.......
I still dey naija...........

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Drenimarcus(m): 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
Jacksparrow2019:
Sound d alarm ......
Sound d alarm......
Frank is bakkkkkkk nt just back BT with a car........
More wins bro..... 1 day I go give una my own update.......
I still dey naija...........

Amen by God grace.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by subcbouy: 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2019
aro1:
best of luck to you bro! Hope no gun violence,where you are?
Everything about America points towards gun. I don't know when gun violence will end in America, if it does, heaven on earth, is like Paradise next to America's counties.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Worriedgurl: 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2019
FrankNetter:

Picture of my car below.

Congratulations Frank!!!
It seems Nursing is the only career African Immigrants seems to latch on. Are there not other lucrative careers one can flourish in?

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
I feel working 4 jobs is kind of way too much though. Just saying.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dreemerr: 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2019
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by nervorum: 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2019
Any one in the St. Louis, MO metro area?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Timi1990(m): 2:31am On Nov 01, 2019
bjjobs:
I quit my job as a correction officer yesterday after I witnessed how my colleague was almost beating to death by an inmate,i used to work for state of texas as correctional officer until yesterday,i am looking into IT,just looking for someone to put me through,i know you can make 4 figures in IT with with few weeks training but idont know which one to do or where to seek help,i live in dallas texas now but can move anywhere.thank you

grin this your post funny ooo bro , so you quit your job because of that ? . Well I must say there’s risk everywhere and in every job . If you have about 3-4 years experience as correctional officer i’ll Advice you join the PD or work for Sheriffs Office . If you’re willing to take certification courses and do lot of self study then you can start a career in IT .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 4:32am On Nov 01, 2019
Timi1990:

grin this your post funny ooo bro , so you quit your job because of that ? .

Lol... if na you, You go stay? grin grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.