Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,397 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682500 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 11:24pm On Jan 13, 2017
sledjama:

i have no reason to hate on you, post pictures or have you been deported so quickly?
soon u will start complaining u haven't gotten a us visa...na so buhari go deport u back to ur village angry thread spammer

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:44am On Jan 14, 2017
Prepared small stew and rice. Here are some of the ingredients used for the stew

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:56am On Jan 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
Prepared small stew and rice. Here are some of the ingredients used for the stew

Bro, dey use white meat na. Red meat is not that healthy o.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 2:56am On Jan 14, 2017
Good news guys, my permanent residency card just arrived in the mail. grin

Happiness is too mild an adjective to describe how I feel right now,

Do you know what this entails?

This means the level of success I would attain in this country is directly proportional to the level of hardwork I put in. Nothing can dampen my enthusiasm for life at this moment. The sky is not just my limit, it's my stepping stone. cool

136 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 3:07am On Jan 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
please, stop eating red meat. I would advise you eat gizzard to red meat. Thanks, man.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 3:15am On Jan 14, 2017
TWoods:

Here is the problem, how many Nigerians can afford a hotel room of N25,000 per night? Less than 1%. The level of extreme poverty in Nigeria is evidenced by the large crowds you see at embassies daily. How many Canadians do you see trying to get out of Canada?

Secondly, You talk of hotels built without mortgages in owerri. How many of them were built with legitimately earned money? See this is what puzzles me about Nigerians... your politicians rob you blind and here you are hailing them for the proceeds of corruption and sleaze?
hahaha no b lie!
That was why Dangote could employed PhD as a driver. hahhaha funny country.

18 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 3:31am On Jan 14, 2017
progress69:
But what all these clowns are doing in the travel section is what is amazing me.

I mean if u have taken the position u are now, why don't u stick to other sections and forget that the travel section exists.

If u are in the travel section, u definitely want ti travel

If u are hating in the travel section, u dint have money to travel or u have been banned, or denied numerous time. Abi what else are u looking for here?
Is like romance section has no jabbings for now.

Probably, career section has no jobs posted again. Here is travel section for who want to 'run away' or 'force their way out' Na joke ooo
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:53am On Jan 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

Bro, dey use white meat na. Red meat is not that healthy o.

Oh thanks bro i never knew that. Its noted now wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:54am On Jan 14, 2017
guiddoti:
please, stop eating red meat. I would advise you eat gizzard to red meat. Thanks, man.

Thanks for the advice bro. Ill keep to that.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:27am On Jan 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Oh thanks bro i never knew that. Its noted now wink

Yeah bro, dey try chop chicken, fish, turkey etc. How weather for your side?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 4:40am On Jan 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

Yeah bro, dey try chop chicken, fish, turkey etc. How weather for your side?

It aint cold here presently, its warm now. Was cold last week and snowed for a day. Buh it has been warm this week, just gets a lil cold at nights.
I just spent 10 days in this country now, arrived on the 3rd. wink

Hows Chicago and whats the weather like?

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 4:49am On Jan 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

This means the level of success I would attain in this country is directly proportional to the level of hardwork I put in. Nothing can dampen my enthusiasm for life at this moment. The sky is not just my limit, it's my stepping stone. cool

Congrats! Yep, nothing is stopping you now. It's all on the amount of hard work you can put in. As I have already posted, this is the land of opportunity that rewards hard work and education accordingly. You do not need to know anyone to get ahead in life. Just work hard and do the right thing.

18 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:51am On Jan 14, 2017
Bossman:

Congrats! Yep, nothing is stopping you now. It's all on the amount of hard work you can put in. As I have already posted, this is the land of opportunity that rewards hard work and education accordingly. You do not need to know anyone to get ahead in life. Just work hard and do the right thing.

Thanks man. Thanks a lot.

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:54am On Jan 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

It aint cold here presently, its warm now. Was cold last week and snowed for a day. Buh it has been warm this week, just gets a lil cold at nights.
I just spent 10 days in this country now, arrived on the 3rd. wink

Hows Chicago and whats the weather like?

O boy, chicago weather no be beans o. The cold her no dey smile. Some days back, some sort of icy rain fell o. Everywhere is just slippery. Unlike the normal snow that falls, this one sticks to the ground real fast and makes everywhere very slippery even if you're wearing boots. I think they call this type "black ice" and it has been on the news for some time now.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 14, 2017
Congratulations op
On getting your lpr.
Wish you the best!

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:12am On Jan 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

O boy, chicago weather no be beans o. The cold her no dey smile. Some days back, some sort of icy rain fell o. Everywhere is just slippery. Unlike the normal snow that falls, this one sticks to the ground real fast and makes everywhere very slippery even if you're wearing boots. I think they call this type "black ice" and it has been on the news for some time now.

Chai thats serious ooo. I actually heard that side is very cold with New York and some other places. I would visit Chicago soon to see how that place is. Probably to come do some shopping. grin

And i would like to visit some top cities too afterwards.

I heard it doesn't really get cold in in Atlanta and the suburbs like Duluth where i am, but whenever it does ,its usually mad.
The first few days i got here, I've experienced it already.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by 1Rebel: 5:51am On Jan 14, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Young man, where is the rice and stew? You just showed us tomatoes and other ingredients, undecided bring that stew before i change my mind.

20 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:21am On Jan 14, 2017
Dinner time at Phils BBQ

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 14, 2017
bayocanny:
Cc: IluvGummyBears
what
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
1Rebel:

Young man, where is the rice and stew? You just showed us tomatoes and other ingredients, undecided bring that stew before i change my mind.

Lol okay no vex sir. Heres the rice n stew wink

22 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2017
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 14, 2017
This your rice soft so?

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 5:24pm On Jan 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

Congratulations....
You are on the path to U.S. citizenship after some years...

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ugosample:

Congratulations....
You are on the path to U.S. citizenship after some years...

You know this wink wink

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

You know this wink wink
Don't do like my uncle who has been a green card holder for 11 years now o
Once you have met the residency requirement, do the needful.... Anyways I dey observe your thread jare, carry go

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

You know this wink wink

Congrats man.......

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

Congrats, bro. I'm glad for you.
So, in 4 years time, you'll be eligible to apply for US citizenship. The total application fee is around $500, and you'd have to take the citizenship test before being sworn in as a US citizen.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ugosample:

Don't do like my uncle who has been a green card holder for 11 years now o

Once you have met the residency requirement, do the needful....
Anyways I dey observe your thread jare, carry go

I don't know why some people decline to not apply for citizenship.
I had a British classmate in college whose parents had been living here for over 15 years as Permanent Residents, but not wanting to become citizens. She told me that her parents do not want to lose their 'Britishness' cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
CFCman:

So, in 4 years time, you'll be eligible to apply for US citizenship. The total application fee is around $500, and you'd have to take the citizenship test before being sworn in as a US citizen.

grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
CFCman:

I don't know why some people decline to not apply for citizenship.
I had a British classmate in college whose parents had been living here for over 15 years as Permanent Residents, but not wanting to become citizens. She told me that her parents do not want to lose their 'Britishness' cheesy

Because many have pride. Not everyone is from impoverished countries.

For Germans it becomes a tedious process to own property back home and for the Brits that I know, they'll rather die first than carry US passports.

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by justwise(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2017
CFCman:

That is cheap, the U.K takes £1236 from you.

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Because many have pride. Not everyone is from impoverished countries.

For Germans it becomes a tedious process to own property back home and for the Brits that I know, they'll rather die first than carry US passports.
The German anecdote is interesting. Maybe the German authorities want to ensure that such Germans aren't double-agents lol.

For the Brits, it will be like a 'downgrade' for them to seek the citizenship of their former colony. It's akin to a Brit seeking Nigerian citizenship grin

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.