Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (683794 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by electronic(m): 6:58am On Feb 03, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Thanks ma'am and God bless you. More updates coming through wink
FrankNetter....it is beg we dey ohhh...
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 8:52am On Feb 03, 2017
FrankNetter:

that naija-american girl I took her number is a freak wink

I dey come sha. Lemme set up my blog, then I'll post more updates. For now, let's all just chat and get along.

and yeah, my name is not Frank.

Lol wetin the babe do? My cousin said most Nigerian babes act that way too.

Just drop the link to your blog once its created.

You can tell us your name or your nick cox everyone Is already addressing you as frank

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
therealchase:

Lol wetin the babe do? My cousin said most Nigerian babes act that way too.

Just drop the link to your blog once its created.

You can tell us your name or your nick cox everyone Is already addressing you as frank

Yeah, that's true. I will reveal my name shortly. grin beyonce style

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
FrankNetter:

Yeah, that's true. I will reveal my name shortly. grin beyonce style

guy longest tym................
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hmm going back to page 1 like it was on first day.. ... embarassed embarassed e nor go better for those argument guys tongue
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Getbizzzy: 10:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
Osahon7:
I understand what you saying bro, but I still maintain my stand that he should have gotten a medical degree first! except he was never passionate about the whole thing! Thanks bro the comment! I need a cosigner for the $250k loan because I don't have a PR or citizenship But what if when I arrive, I look for a Nigerian-American Babe to marry?? won't that give me automatic GC? With my GC, I need no cosigner for the loan!
call me a desperate dude no wahala but am guy who is ready to go the EXTRA EXTRA mile to achieve his American Dream!

Oboy go and have seat, you no get brain whalai!

Who naija degree Don help?

And from your comments; you sound very ignorant of what you're evening writing about.

Tell me how the fees of a green card holder or even a PR could be as expensive as that of an international student?

Go have seat abeg, you no get talk.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
Getbizzzy:

And from your comments; you sound very ignorant of what you're evening writing about.

Tell me how the fees of a green card holder or even a PR could be as expensive as that of an international student?

it seems you dont understand the my statement...I said WHETHER INTERNATIONAL STUDENT OR PR, THE FEE IS NOT CHILD PLAYS AND ARE SUPER EXPENSIVE.Infact most persons can't even afford it, Most restort to taking Loans.I made my point in English not in Swahili!!! https://medicine.umich.edu/medschool/education/md-program/financial-aid/explore-options/cost-attendance

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:45pm On Feb 03, 2017
Getbizzzy:

and for the records, Nigerian Degree has helped a lot dude..Ask Dr.Bennet Omalu, Ask the over 10000 Nigerian trained physicians in the US todae.. They will tell you how they value Thier degrees

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 3:50am On Feb 04, 2017
austino677:
Hmm going back to page 1 like it was on first day.. ... embarassed embarassed e nor go better for those argument guys tongue

Se e Don better for you?

You need a brain surgery.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 7:06am On Feb 04, 2017
signature2012:

Se e Don better for you?

You need a brain surgery.
can u afford one in usa
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by gbaby4live: 8:39am On Feb 04, 2017
austino677:
can u afford one in usa
grin
austino677:
can u afford one in usa
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:20am On Feb 04, 2017
Blog is up and running. Copying content... Special thanks to a friend for nudging me in the right direction. wink

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MrsM: 9:40am On Feb 04, 2017
Yayyy! What's the blog website? Silent eager reader here. Though I've been to US a few times myself...this thread is a breath of fresh air. Thanks for it!

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 9:57am On Feb 04, 2017
FrankNetter:
Blog is up and running. Copying content... Special thanks to a friend for nudging me in the right direction. wink
will the blog be as real.. Its Here on nairaland.. ... I don't visit travel blog because of fake write up at times to get traffic..... I would have loved the way its real here... Just saying... . wink

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by electronic(m): 12:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
FrankNetter:
See as I dey smile like comedy... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:12pm On Feb 04, 2017
austino677:
will the blog be as real.. Its Here on nairaland.. ... I don't visit travel blog because of fake write up at times to get traffic..... I would have loved the way its real here... Just saying... . wink

My blog wont be just another travel blog (I can assure you that). It wont even be a travel blog bro. wink

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
electronic:

See as I dey smile like comedy... grin grin

COrrect guy, how body?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 7:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
FrankNetter:

My blog wont be just another travel blog (I can assure you that). It wont even be a travel blog bro. wink
okay thanks u understood what i wrote
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
Come chop pizza o

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
FrankNetter:
Come chop pizza o
hope it was delivered by Peter Parker aka Spider-Man grin

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by decode55(m): 10:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
austino677:
hope it was delivered by Peter Parker aka Spider-Man grin

grin na Wonder Woman deliver am
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by electronic(m): 11:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
FrankNetter:

COrrect guy, how body?
Body dey oohhh... Na Yankee we dey see for Dream...

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Getbizzzy: 10:53pm On Feb 05, 2017
Osahon7:
it seems you dont understand the my statement...I said WHETHER INTERNATIONAL STUDENT OR PR, THE FEE IS NOT CHILD PLAYS AND ARE SUPER EXPENSIVE.Infact most persons can't even afford it, Most restort to taking Loans.I made my point in English not in Swahili!!! https://medicine.umich.edu/medschool/education/md-program/financial-aid/explore-options/cost-attendance

Your naija certs re so useless over there.

A degree you can not use to get a work; is that one a degree?

The only good your naija degree will be is to help you get admission to earn something like a second degree or masters; where you will start afresh.

You can never be hired with your naija degree!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by maternal: 11:04pm On Feb 05, 2017
Osahon7:
and for the records, Nigerian Degree has helped a lot dude..Ask Dr.Bennet Omalu, Ask the over 10000 Nigerian trained physicians in the US todae.. They will tell you how they value Thier degrees

Naija degrees are useless for employment.

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Femcesc07(m): 12:10am On Feb 06, 2017
shocked shocked shocked shocked
maternal:

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 06, 2017
Superbowl LI on my mind
Come on Falcons!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:21am On Feb 06, 2017
maternal:

Maybe yours was useless, however most Nigerian medical degress are recognised in the US. All you have to do is pass the US Medical Licencing Exam to get in. Even people coming with UK, Canadian, Australian medical degrees all must write the USMLE. So the fact that your own degree was useless doesn't make it a general thing.

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:31am On Feb 06, 2017
EggPlant:
Maybe yours was useless, however most Nigerian medical degress are recognised in the US. All you have to do is pass the US Medical Licencing Exam to get in. Even people coming with UK, Canadian, Australian medical degrees all must write the USMLE. So the fact that your own degree was useless doesn't make it a general thing.
I am sure maternal doesnt mean useless in that way. He/she knows there are lots of Nigerians practicing in the US with their UI, lag, ABU e.t.c certs. As you have noted, its all about passing the licensing exams.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lolawilliams(f): 9:25am On Feb 06, 2017
CFCman:
Superbowl LI on my mind
Come on Falcons!

You're the one whose team blew their lead. How can a team blow a 28-3 lead, this is more than the Warriors chokeblow grin grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 12:32pm On Feb 06, 2017
I believe the medical degrees are the ONLY exception. And even those with medical degrees from Nigeria still have to do their residency here. Any other degree may get you admission (in most cases after taking additional courses here) to further your studies. Yes, it will NOT land you a job here.

Getbizzzy:

Your naija certs re so useless over there.

A degree you can not use to get a work; is that one a degree?

The only good your naija degree will be is to help you get admission to earn something like a second degree or masters; where you will start afresh.

You can never be hired with your naija degree!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:52pm On Feb 06, 2017
lolawilliams:

You're the one whose team blew their lead. How can a team blow a 28-3 lead, this is more than the Warriors chokeblow grin grin

Yeah. Twas an entertaining game though, i really enjoyed it.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 4:14pm On Feb 06, 2017
Ademat7:
Franknetter Y not create a blog? Like ur simplicity in writing and lastly think of what can help Nigeria in terms of information (.PDF .mp3 .mp4 format) u can send back home

How do I contact you bro?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (220) (Reply)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: Ecanenar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.