Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (685984 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:30am On Jan 31, 2017
jiinxed:

It's just funny how you would sit in the comfort of your room (or wherever you are) and dissect someone's life. Someone you don't know from anywhere.

You guys on this forum are very funny.
the exact reason why I said "it is a personal opinion" FrankNetter made his decision and I pray God will continue to direct him towards the right path in life..
What I said is what I would have done If I had such opportunity!

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:01am On Jan 31, 2017
A Nigerian woman has become the president of Harvard Law Review!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:13am On Jan 31, 2017
Osahon7:
I know he didn't leave based on his education but via family immigration,
but isn't there a way for him to have delayed the trip and then honor the immigration after school
! I don't know about US but the family of classmate of mine relocated to Sweden when when we were in 200L..he decline the IV with the hope of joining his family after school. I don't know if that works in the USA though.
then for the medical college fee, Ma'am to the best of my knowledge, weda you are a citizen or PR, the cost of medical school in USA isn't child's play. Most Citizen and PR of US afford medical school using Student loans.
lastly about the Dentist, I know America don't recongnize Dental degrees from Nigeria, we have to do a 2 years bridging program where we pay over $250k to get an American License BUT believe you me, there are other ways of going about the license.
The alternate method is more difficult though but people use it to escape the $250k fee.
from my research, you can also get a loan to offset the fee

based on his comment on one of his threads
and that he and his siblings touched down at the beginning of this thread.

i can conclude he is a child of a permanent resident, a child according to US immigration is someone below 21 years of age
if he decides not to leave with others, his parent will have to file another petition.

i think it is not out of place to see the world like he did.
i apologize for my comments bro.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 3:23am On Jan 31, 2017
Osahon7:
I understand what you saying bro, but I still maintain my stand that he should have gotten a medical degree first! except he was never passionate about the whole thing! Thanks bro the comment! I need a cosigner for the $250k loan because I don't have a PR or citizenship But what if when I arrive, I look for a Nigerian-American Babe to marry?? won't that give me automatic GC? With my GC, I need no cosigner for the loan!
call me a desperate dude no wahala but am guy who is ready to go the EXTRA EXTRA mile to achieve his American Dream!
And you think it's that easy getting a babe to marry you
A Nigerian American for that matter.
Lol,they definitely know what you're after

15 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 31, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
Snow two days ago here in Duluth Georgia
That is a transformer serving about 5 to 10 houses.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ngobaby2264: 6:51am On Jan 31, 2017
Osahon7:
I understand what you saying bro, but I still maintain my stand that he should have gotten a medical degree first! except he was never passionate about the whole thing! Thanks bro the comment! I need a cosigner for the $250k loan because I don't have a PR or citizenship But what if when I arrive, I look for a Nigerian-American Babe to marry?? won't that give me automatic GC? With my GC, I need no cosigner for the loan!
call me a desperate dude no wahala but am guy who is ready to go the EXTRA EXTRA mile to achieve his American Dream!he doesnt want to continue na.is it by force?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by progress69: 8:19am On Jan 31, 2017
CanadianNurse:
Thank you.... So how did the Ghanaian immigrant that trekked into Canada from the USA (of frostbite as a result of this) manage to beat the CBP AND CBSA TEAM undecided

Watch Boarder Force.

You will see tricks and risks people take to cross boarders. Fear go catch u.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:19am On Jan 31, 2017
OluDare01:

And you think it's that easy getting a babe to marry you
A Nigerian American for that matter.
Lol,they definitely know what you're after
lol..na wa oo! I keep praying to God that when that time comes, he will send me a helper and a cosigner in Jesus Name! Amen

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bayocanny: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2017
Mehn! Nigerians with their disorderliness...Some people are just so useless that they can't even think of doing something good with their spare time than to come on this holy thread to derail it...sigh!
Abeg abeg, if u want to start arguments whether naija is beta than yankee or other european nations abeg create a thread for that.

Read the title of the thread again before you start commenting....

Amaka, bring me popcorn...
FrankNetter, oya na. Don't mind those useless mofos...

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bayocanny: 9:41am On Jan 31, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Oh thanks bro. I dey loyal grin
Nice one, abeg no stop am, continue pouring pictures jare.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by decode55(m): 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2017
Your plans have worked now. The thread is dead and gone. Una well done o.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
shinarambo1:

That is a transformer serving about 5 to 10 houses.

Wheres the transformer
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 8:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
bayocanny:

Nice one, abeg no stop am, continue pouring pictures jare.

Yes sire
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 9:55pm On Jan 31, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Wheres the transformer
haha you go fear naw! See allegation! haha
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
This an awesome thread @franknetter kindly update from time to time to stop keeping us in suspense lol. Attended my u.s immigrant interview today it was fast and approved should be in the States latest first week in March.

18 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 11:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
therealchase:
This an awesome thread @franknetter kindly update from time to time to stop keeping us in suspense lol. Attended my u.s immigrant interview today it was fast and approved should be in the States latest first week in March.

happy for you.. let us know as e dey go ooo .. I pray those goats derailing threads wouldn't come for your thread just like they did here... Wish u d best bro

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:03am On Feb 02, 2017
therealchase:

congrats bro...abeg gist us about the interview! which questions did they ask you?

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 5:59pm On Feb 02, 2017
Toppytek:
happy for you.. let us know as e dey go ooo .. I pray those goats derailing threads wouldn't come for your thread just like they did here... Wish u d best bro

Thanks bro we all shall succeed in our endeavours.
I don't think creating a new thread would be good I can just keep up with this so that way anyone who travels to the States (immigrants/education) can just drop their stories here that way this thread would keep going. Cool ryy?

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2017
Osahon7:
congrats bro...abeg gist us about the interview! which questions did they ask you?

Lol bro the interview was wow got there Early about an hour before the scheduled time. Concerning the interview you shouldn't be expecting Much all that matters is you clarifying your relationship with your petitioner(the person who filled for you) they would ask a few questions depending on your class my mom's is f1 my grand mum petitioned for her so they asked her question about my grand mum and siblings.just carry your necessary documents be calm and truthful my mom was only asked six question the interviewer didn't ask any from Mr and my siblings the photographs and the petitioner proof of citizenship were not requested.
They gave us the originals that the petitioner submitted to nvc. We didn't spend up to 15 minutes.
After the interview we drop our passports at the dhl collection centre in v.i

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2017
therealchase:

Lol bro the interview was wow got there Early about an hour before the scheduled time. Concerning the interview you shouldn't be expecting Much all that matters is you clarifying your relationship with your petitioner(the person who filled for you) they would ask a few questions depending on your class my mom's is f1 my grand mum petitioned for her so they asked her question about my grand mum and siblings.just carry your necessary documents be calm and truthful my mom was only asked six question the interviewer didn't ask any from Mr and my siblings the photographs and the petitioner proof of citizenship were not requested.
They gave us the originals that the petitioner submitted to nvc. We didn't spend up to 15 minutes.
After the interview we drop our passports at the dhl collection centre in v.i
wow nice!!! congrats again bro! Please update the thread with photos when when you move oo...I need photos right from MMIA,Lagos to USA. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by meraki(f): 9:58pm On Feb 02, 2017
All I can say is WOW!!!

Spent an hour reading from top to bottom.

@Franknetters and MISTAICEY02288, kudos and congratulations; wish you the very best.

To all the intendings FAVOUR in Jesus name.

May God reward our labor and grant us all favour.

@franknetters and MISTAICEY02288 keep the thread going please.

And @franknetter, if you decide moving to other social media platform, please drop the link. Better yet start that blog (WordPress is a place to start)!

P.S: And to the thread derailers, WELL DONE SIRS!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ttmacoy: 12:35am On Feb 03, 2017
You really do not understand how the financial system works. Even with a green card you will need to build solid credit history and for a $250k loan hmmm serious collateral. Coming as a foreigner I don't even see how you will qualify for such a loan.

It's a different level from a $5k credit card.

Osahon7:
call me a desperate dude no wahala but am guy who is ready to go the EXTRA EXTRA mile to achieve his American Dream!

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 1:26am On Feb 03, 2017
Osahon7:
wow nice!!! congrats again bro! Please update the thread with photos when when you move oo...I need photos right from MMIA,Lagos to USA. Thanks

Sure bro ..thanks yea I would do so,

Wish you all the best.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Yo! i don show! grin

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:33am On Feb 03, 2017
What's happening guys?
grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:34am On Feb 03, 2017
therealchase:

COngrats bro. Where would you be based? What state?

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:37am On Feb 03, 2017
Osahon7:
@FRANKNETTER Thank you for this thread, I actually read every comment on this 40 page thread, God bless you bro
but I will say, to me oo, you should have finished med school first before leaving oo, Nigeria is a Hell yes we agree,but it's actually the cheapest place to get a professional education before emigration ,Getting a Medical Degree in US is Money,a lot of Competitions,Huge Student loans etc You and I know how much Medical professionals rack in per month in the US. and you can't compare Jobs like Medical Doctors, Dentist,Nurses and Pharmacist with ANY Computer or IT JObs.Except you never had the passion to be a Doctor though . Am a student Dentist still in medical school here in Nigeria , am finishing Next year December by God's Grace, my Dreams is going to US to have my chains of Dental Clinics.
I wish you all the best my brother! the God that did yours will do mine when am ready to leave the Zoo in Jesus Name.

Lol. You have no idea.

I had spent 5+ years in Med school (4years Pre-clinical, 1year+ Clinical), I can boldly say i never failed any exam. I didn't know my date of graduation, all efforts to switch to another federal school ended in futility, strike everywhere (Resident doctors strike, Johesu strike, assu strike, ssanu strike and all) coupled with everyday naija frustration.

in the midst of all this brouhaha, my bread was buttered with this, and you feel I should have stayed back in nigeria? to do what exactly? undecided

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:43am On Feb 03, 2017
I'm finding it hard picking a domain for my blog.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 1:46am On Feb 03, 2017
FrankNetter:

COngrats bro. Where would you be based? What state?

Thanks, it would be Massachusetts.

So no post for us? We all are eager.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:51am On Feb 03, 2017
therealchase:

Thanks, it would be Massachusetts.

Alright bro. safe flight.

So no post for us? We all are eager.

that naija-american girl I took her number is a freak wink

I dey come sha. Lemme set up my blog, then I'll post more updates. For now, let's all just chat and get along.

and yeah, my name is not Frank.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:00am On Feb 03, 2017
meraki:
All I can say is WOW!!!

Spent an hour reading from top to bottom.

@Franknetters and MISTAICEY02288, kudos and congratulations; wish you the very best.

To all the intendings FAVOUR in Jesus name.

May God reward our labor and grant us all favour.

@franknetters and MISTAICEY02288 keep the thread going please.

And @franknetter, if you decide moving to other social media platform, please drop the link. Better yet start that blog (WordPress is a place to start)!

P.S: And to the thread derailers, WELL DONE SIRS!!!!!

Thanks ma'am and God bless you. More updates coming through wink

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.