Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,255 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (686015 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jan 24, 2017
grin
Memphisheight33:
Franklin we are waiting more picture pld
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by decode55(m): 2:50pm On Jan 24, 2017
It appears everyone now thinks his name is Frank (maybe because his moniker is franknetter). I doubt though, franknetter was an artist who got famous for his ultra-realistic medical drawings which are still used till this day.

Just saying...

Nice thread though bro. Following.

21 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ttmacoy: 3:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
FrankNetter

See how they destroyed your thread lol. Abeg open another one (part II) and continue your enjoyable story
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Getbizzzy: 4:12pm On Jan 24, 2017
cosade:

Yes, there are millions. Mind you, graduate is not synonymous with "fresh graduate".

Check this link:
https://politics.naij.com/358097-salaries-in-nigeria-statistics.html

Even for fresh graduates, check this link and see what some are earning in the private sector:
https://www.google.com.ng/amp/nigerianfinder.com/entry-level-salaries-of-nigerian-companies-and-agencies/amp/?client=safari

I know of graduates earning N500,000 monthly in private secondary schools and go on sponsored training abroad yearly.

My dear, with all due respects; your statistics re mere figment of your imagination.

What private company in Naija that re bigger than coys like Glo, MTN, and the likes where graduates re earning less than 150k after over 3-4 yrs of working as engrs?

Your stats re grossly erroneous.

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cosade(m): 4:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
Getbizzzy:

My dear, with all due respects; your statistics re mere figment of your imagination.

What private company in Naija that re bigger than coys like Glo, MTN, and the likes where graduates re earning less than 150k after over 3-4 yrs of working as engrs?

I didn't invent the information stated on the two links provided. I don't give information on public fora without providing credible link(s).

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
cosade:

I didn't invent the information stated on the two links provided. I don't give information on public fora without providing credible link(s).
lol you can't trust those stats... When we are visibly seeing something else that is too obvious... YOU ARE TAKING EXCEPTIONS FOR NORM

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Getbizzzy: 6:13pm On Jan 24, 2017
cosade:

Those linked stats re big time errors that does not represent the reality in Nigeria.

Nigeria is one of the most dangerous and poverty stricken places to live , with stack poverty staring you at your faces at any where you may be.

Common laborers earn 11-20 C$ in Canada per hour while common laborers here takes home 1500-2500 naira per day job---working from 8am to 5pm and they takes that back home to buy a (custard) paint of garri for 1k; how will this laborer survive?

You talk of graduates? How many of them re employed, gainfully? Most graduates here re condemned to doing 50k/month jobs while only very few work in big coys like telecos where they earn 100-200k/month.

I think anyone comparing naija to Yankee or any of these European clans re plain evil.

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cosade(m): 7:09pm On Jan 24, 2017
Getbizzzy:

Those linked stats re big time errors that does not represent the reality in Nigeria.

Nigeria is one of the most dangerous and poverty stricken places to live , with stack poverty staring you at your faces at any where you may be.

Common laborers earn 11-20 C$ in Canada per hour while common laborers here takes home 1500-2500 naira per day job---working from 8am to 5pm and they takes that back home to buy a (custard) paint of garri for 1k; how will this laborer survive?

You talk of graduates? How many of them re employed, gainfully? Most graduates here re condemned to doing 50k/month jobs while only very few work in big coys like telecos where they earn 100-200k/month.

I think anyone comparing naija to Yankee or any of these European clans re plain evil.

You're either quoting someone else or quoting me wrongly.

My submission was that a graduate earning N500,000 (half of the equivalent of $2,000) monthly, in Nigeria would be better off than a graduate working illegally in US on $2,000 a month. And I still stand by this.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Getbizzzy: 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
cosade:

My submission was that a graduate earning N500,000 (half of the equivalent of $2,000) monthly, in Nigeria would be better off than a graduate working illegally in US on $2,000 a month. And I still stand by this.

....and how many graduates out of say, 170m Nigerians re earning upto 500k/month?

I bet you they will not be upto 500 people, (I'm talking of graduates of 1-5yrs working experience) not to talk of fresh graduates?

Fresh graduates here, it's a big miracle to start with 150k monthly pay.

Abeg, this is not debatable bro!

Let's not derail the guy's thread joor.

There's no basis for comparison.

13 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
Getbizzzy:

Exactly
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
Neyoalao:

your eyes skipped where I asked about the printer

I have no idea bro.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cosade(m): 9:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
Getbizzzy:

....and how many graduates out of say, 170m Nigerians re earning upto 500k/month?

I bet you they will not be upto 500 people, (I'm talking of graduates of 1-5yrs working experience) not to talk of fresh graduates?

I am not debating with you but stating facts!
On the issue of salaries, I posted links to credible data yet you disagree.

If there is anyone out there thinking of staying illegally in US or Europe, please don't try it. It's not always greener on the other side. They can only work under the table, no bank account. You can't take health insurance, just pray you don't fall sick. What's the point staying in a country that you can't even travel out of. The person is completely cut-off from his family in his home country.

Most of you don't know what illegal immigrants go through over there. Many of them are full of regrets and can't come back home because they have nothing to show for their sojourn.

It's a different ball game for those who have good status.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ttmacoy: 7:45am On Jan 25, 2017
This comparison is mute, how many graduates in Nigeria can earn N500k.

And besides don't forget the $2k a month the guy mentioned was for someone illegal and not a graduate in America with the right papers.

Eg Deloitte in the US starts audit graduates on around $55k per annum and for consulting about $70k. Are you telling me most graduates in Nigeria are better off than that?

cosade:

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cosade(m): 10:25am On Jan 25, 2017
cosade:

ttmacoy:
This comparison is mute, how many graduates in Nigeria can earn N500k.

And besides don't forget the $2k a month the guy mentioned was for someone illegal and not a graduate in America with the right papers.

Eg Deloitte in the US starts audit graduates on around $55k per annum and for consulting about $70k. Are you telling me most graduates in Nigeria are better off than that?

I am really surprised that so many graduates are finding it difficult to understand a simple hypothesis.

It's simple!

I said a graduate earning N500,000 monthly in Nigeria is better off than an illegal (graduate) immigrant earning $2,000 monthly in US.

Does that not mean that if you're a graduate earning less than N500,000 monthly in Nigeria then an illegal (graduate) immigrant earning $2,000 monthly in US, is better off?

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by cosade(m): 10:29am On Jan 25, 2017
Getbizzzy:

I am really surprised that so many graduates are finding it difficult to understand a simple hypothesis.

It's simple!

I said a graduate earning N500,000 monthly in Nigeria is better off than an illegal (graduate) immigrant earning $2,000 monthly in US.

Does that not mean that if you're a graduate earning less than N500,000 monthly in Nigeria then an illegal (graduate) immigrant earning $2,000 monthly in US, is better off?

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 10:35am On Jan 25, 2017
Frank we're going for nationwide protest tomorrow... Please pray for us embarassed embarassed... Atleast u don escape.. . Thank ya God wink

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ttmacoy: 11:19am On Jan 25, 2017
I totally comprehend what you are saying and my point remains your argument is mute because very few graduates earn N500k in Nigeria.

Yes hypothetically a graduate warning N500k in Nigeria is better than an illegal earning $2k in America but please tell me how many graduates you know who earn N500k monthly in Nigeria hence why your argument is invalid.

If you want to compare nigeria to America compare like for like. Compare banking salary to banking salary. Compare doctor salary to doctor salary etc don't compare an extreme case in Nigeria to an average illegal immigrant hussle.

cosade:

It's simple!

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
Getbizzzy:

Can you tell us one thing a Nigerian should be patriotic; tell us one, just ONE thing!

That he was born in Nigeria. In whatever country you reside.... tell them you are a patriot and I know they'll immediately ask the you which country you're from.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
Lunch

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Getbizzzy: 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
FrankNetter:
Lunch

O'boy see dollar o,

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by tomisinobm(m): 10:37pm On Jan 25, 2017
lionlee216:

Thanks for telling the fool with definitions.

Lol. He has disappeared, he saw someone to finish him. He went mute. grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by kenkels: 5:40am On Jan 26, 2017
FrankNetter:
Lunch
One dollar shocked
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 7:25am On Jan 26, 2017
This thread won't make fp without snakes grin.
Op should go snap pictures with snakes cheesy
Just kidding

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by davinchecodes(m): 11:52am On Jan 26, 2017
cosade:

It's simple!

Can An illegal migrant earn N500,000 monthly in Nigeria?

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 12:27pm On Jan 26, 2017
davinchecodes:

Can An illegal migrant earn N500,000 monthly in Nigeria?
haha like Somalian?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by davinchecodes(m): 1:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
guiddoti:
haha like Somalian?
Yea, like niger or chadian grin lol
Don't mind that custard for brain

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Solitin40: 6:47pm On Jan 26, 2017
kenkels:
One dollar shocked
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:30pm On Jan 26, 2017
kenkels:

One dollar shocked

Na my change be that

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Laird(m): 12:27am On Jan 27, 2017
vickertony:
Am planning on doing my masters over there, i studied accounting bro. how possible for my course, with what you typed above.

the closest courses to your disciplne accounting) on the government approved stem list include;

Econometrics and quantitative economics, management sciences, business statistics,, actuarial science, management science and quantitative methods, mathematics and computer science, financial mathematics, statistics general, statistics other, mathematical statistics and probability, mathematics and statistics

note; That these above stem courses appear to have very deep mathematics in them...so If You hatel or dont like maths, know what to expect if You want to study them

you can google and download STEM list to confirm

However: STEM 3 years post study visa extension does not give you an automatic u.s.a work visa or green card or citizenship

it just only allows you work either paid or unpaid with a company or organisation in your area of university course study for up to 3years and is like a form of work Industrial training (I.T) and you are expected within that 3 years after graduation while on your stem opt extension to find a job and conVINCE the employer/company( any willing and available employer not just your stem OPT employer) to process and APPLY FOR an employment work visa with the USA government for the government to permit you to work in the USA. THIS FOREIGNERS WORK PERMIT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET AS THE GOVERNMENT ONLY ALLOCATES BY RANDOM COMPUTER SELECTION DONE ONCE A YEAR ONLY 75000 FOREIGNERS WORK PERMITS OUT OF HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF APPLICATIONS for foreigner work permits
Many employers now refuse to file workpermits for foreigners because the work permit application costs the employer about 4000-8000 dollars per application in government fees and the chance of the foreign worker being approved
in the lottery is very very low because so many people are applying and only very few out of them will be taken

if by 3 years on stem opt, after graduatinig you dont still have a work visa by employment sponsor, and you did not use the option of marrying a usa citizen to get a spouse greencard whch would give you a workpermit, you have to leave the USA or become illegal and an illegal cant get a whitecollar job legally and can risk being deported

however marry for love and not for greencard

you can use your USA qualifications to try to apply for jobs in Australia, New Zealand and Canada and You can easily move to those countries to work if You get a job ofer

Also note that Donald Trump's present policies are not immigration friendly and not foreigner friendly and he doent want foreigners to work in the USA presently so research your options and other major countries before moving to the USA or any other country

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2017
Please moderator anybody that derail this thread ban him/her until Buhari win election 2019

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.