Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,100 members, 7,835,707 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (685952 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:47am On Jan 28, 2017
A car wash in Atlanta

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:48am On Jan 28, 2017
Dinner sad

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:50am On Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in Atlanta wink

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 6:00am On Jan 28, 2017
FrankNetter:
Lunch
MISTAICEY02288:
Somewhere in Atlanta wink
pls we need more jare .. I hope those thread derailers has been put to bed

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bikerboy1(m): 9:03am On Jan 28, 2017
electronic:
http://photorazor.software.informer.com/download/
Use this software to shrink your pictures.... grin

Please what of videos.... Is there any software that can shrink it or possibly reduce the size
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:07am On Jan 28, 2017
Toppytek:
pls we need more jare .. I hope those thread derailers has been put to bed

Lol... Yes boss more still comin wink cool
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 28, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Lol... Yes boss more still comin wink cool
startin too feel u.....
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 9:32am On Jan 28, 2017
tescoman90:

startin too feel u.....

Oh thanks bro. I dey loyal grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by justwise(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2017
@FrankNetter

Make effective use of report button to stop those derailing this thread.

When you report such post it will be removed.

9 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by electronic(m): 8:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
bikerboy1:

Please what of videos.... Is there any software that can shrink it or possibly reduce the size
Let me cnosult the Oracle and get back to you!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by electronic(m): 8:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Oh thanks bro. I dey loyal grin
Please what is the model of the Mercedes you are cruising... I want to buy it when I grow up like you... grin cool

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bikerboy1(m): 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2017
electronic:

Let me cnosult the Oracle and get back to you!

grin
Please do I am waiting.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 3:42am On Jan 29, 2017
electronic:

Please what is the model of the Mercedes you are cruising... I want to buy it when I grow up like you... grin cool

Lol... Its Benz C300 bro smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by electronic(m): 6:43am On Jan 29, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

Correct!!!
OmO The interior na Quarrel .... cool

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:

which model 2011?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
austino677:
which model 2011?

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
electronic:

Correct!!!
OmO The interior na Quarrel .... cool

Thanks boss wink cool

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ademat7(m): 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Franknetter
Where is the destination of the 2nd hand items; I mean whether Lagos or nearby city
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Please are there boarders between USA and Canada that are unstaffed(not protected by CPB) like u can just drive in from Canada into USA without being checked? These are boarders I know and they are all staffed

-Pacific Highway
-ambassador brige
-Detroit/Windsor tunnel
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Toppytek(m): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2017
Ademat7:
Franknetter
Where is the destination of the 2nd hand items; I mean whether Lagos or nearby city
he's getting fed up with this thread or maybe the Nigerian babe he met the other day don dey give am head.. lol.. franknetter take am easy oooo

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 9:21am On Jan 30, 2017
@franknretter this is a great thread keep it up.my visa interview (immigrant) is scheduled in this week can I get a few tips like what to expect? And how many minutes did your's last?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:59am On Jan 30, 2017
@FRANKNETTER Thank you for this thread, I actually read every comment on this 40 page thread, God bless you bro
but I will say, to me oo, you should have finished med school first before leaving oo, Nigeria is a Hell yes we agree,but it's actually the cheapest place to get a professional education before emigration ,Getting a Medical Degree in US is Money,a lot of Competitions,Huge Student loans etc You and I know how much Medical professionals rack in per month in the US. and you can't compare Jobs like Medical Doctors, Dentist,Nurses and Pharmacist with ANY Computer or IT JObs.Except you never had the passion to be a Doctor though . Am a student Dentist still in medical school here in Nigeria , am finishing Next year December by God's Grace, my Dreams is going to US to have my chains of Dental Clinics.
I wish you all the best my brother! the God that did yours will do mine when am ready to leave the Zoo in Jesus Name.

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 12:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
No. Think about it...they are borders between 2 countries. So they will all be protected! Otherwise, that will be the entry point for anyone trying to cross between both countries undetected.

CanadianNurse:
Please are there boarders between USA and Canada that are unstaffed(not protected by CPB) like u can just drive in from Canada into USA without being checked? These are boarders I know and they are all staffed

-Pacific Highway
-ambassador brige
-Detroit/Windsor tunnel

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by CanadianNurse: 2:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
Bossman:
No. Think about it...they are borders between 2 countries. So they will all be protected! Otherwise, that will be the entry point for anyone trying to cross between both countries undetected.

Thank you.... So how did the Ghanaian immigrant that trekked into Canada from the USA (of frostbite as a result of this) manage to beat the CBP AND CBSA TEAM undecided
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lolawilliams(f): 3:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Osahon7:
@FRANKNETTER Thank you for this thread, I actually read every comment on this 40 page thread, God bless you bro
but I will say, to me oo, you should have finished med school first before leaving oo, Nigeria is a Hell yes we agree,but it's actually the cheapest place to get a professional education before emigration ,Getting a Medical Degree in US is Money,a lot of Competitions,Huge Student loans etc You and I know how much Medical professionals rack in per month in the US. and you can't compare Jobs like Medical Doctors, Dentist,Nurses and Pharmacist with ANY Computer or IT JObs.Except you never had the passion to be a Doctor though . Am a student Dentist still in medical school here in Nigeria , am finishing Next year December by God's Grace, my Dreams is going to US to have my chains of Dental Clinics.
I wish you all the best my brother! the God that did yours will do mine when am ready to leave the Zoo in Jesus Name.

Justwise. please permit me to reply this, i'm not trying to derail the thread.

Osahon7, I doubt you read every comments here. Frank didn't the leave the country cause of his education, he left through a family based Immigration, and it's a good thing if he choose to continue his education.

He doesn't need to pay the same fees as an international student, He's a green card holder, a green card holder and a citizen pays the same amount of school fees

Your dreams of going to the US to have your chains of dental clinics wont be possible with a degree from Africa. Already established clinic chains won't even offer you a franchise.
You'd need to get registered first, and looking at a cert from africa is a big red flag.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 30, 2017
lolawilliams:

Justwise. please permit me to reply this, i'm not trying to derail the thread.

Osahon7, I doubt you read every comment here. Frank didn't the leave the country cause of his education, he left through a family based Immigration, and it's a good thing if he choose to continue his education.

He doesn't need to pay the same fees as an international student, He's a green card holder, a green card holder and a citizen pays the same amount of school fees

Your dreams of going to the US to have your chains of dental clinics wont be possible with a degree from Africa. Already established clinic chains won't even offer you a franchise.
You'd need to get registered first, and looking at a cert from africa is a big red flag.
I know he didn't leave based on his education but via family immigration, but isn't there a way for him to have delayed the trip and then honor the immigration after school! I don't know about US but the family of classmate of mine relocated to Sweden when when we were in 200L..he decline the IV with the hope of joining his family after school. I don't know if that works in the USA though.
then for the medical college fee, Ma'am to the best of my knowledge, weda you are a citizen or PR, the cost of medical school in USA isn't child's play. Most Citizen and PR of US afford medical school using Student loans.
lastly about the Dentist, I know America don't recongnize Dental degrees from Nigeria, we have to do a 2 years bridging program where we pay over $250k to get an American License BUT believe you me, there are other ways of going about the license.
The alternate method is more difficult though but people use it to escape the $250k fee.
from my research, you can also get a loan to offset the fee

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ttmacoy: 9:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
There are border points but not all the border is watched though it may be rough terrain. Same as not all the border with Mexico is protected

CanadianNurse:
Thank you.... So how did the Ghanaian immigrant that trekked into Canada from the USA (of frostbite as a result of this) manage to beat the CBP AND CBSA TEAM undecided
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by tomisinobm(m): 12:14am On Jan 31, 2017
Osahon7:
I know he didn't leave based on his education but via family immigration, but isn't there a way for him to have delayed the trip and then honor the immigration after school! I don't know about US but the family of classmate of mine relocated to Sweden when when we were in 200L..he decline the IV with the hope of joining his family after school. I don't know if that works in the USA though.
then for the medical college fee, Ma'am to the best of my knowledge, weda you are a citizen or PR, the cost of medical school in USA isn't child's play. Most Citizen and PR of US afford medical school using Student loans.
lastly about the Dentist, I know America don't recongnize Dental degrees from Nigeria, we have to do a 2 years bridging program where we pay over $250k to get an American License BUT believe you me, there are other ways of going about the license.
The alternate method is more difficult though but people use it to escape the $250k fee.

This guy, you're not nice walahi. He should wait and finish school . I just got here, I left UNILAG after my second year, I almost did not lose anything because I can graduate in 3 years if I take summer classes. Computer Science is 5 years in unilag, so I might even graduate before my mates if ASUU should fumble.
You almost would not get a loan except you get a citizen or GC to cosign for you. And the average person would not stand as a guarantor for such an amount. Look for schools that would fund you.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 31, 2017
tomisinobm:

This guy, you're not nice walahi. He should wait and finish school . I just got here, I left UNILAG after my second year, I almost did not lose anything because I can graduate in 3 years if I take summer classes. Computer Science is 5 years in unilag, so I might even graduate before my mates if ASUU should fumble.
You almost would not get a loan except you get a citizen or GC to cosign for you. And the average person would not stand as a guarantor for such an amount. Look for schools that would fund you.
I understand what you saying bro, but I still maintain my stand that he should have gotten a medical degree first! except he was never passionate about the whole thing! Thanks bro the comment! I need a cosigner for the $250k loan because I don't have a PR or citizenship But what if when I arrive, I look for a Nigerian-American Babe to marry?? won't that give me automatic GC? With my GC, I need no cosigner for the loan!
call me a desperate dude no wahala but am guy who is ready to go the EXTRA EXTRA mile to achieve his American Dream!

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:08am On Jan 31, 2017
tomisinobm:

Talking about schools that will fund me?? I really don't think you can find such! Dentistry on it own is Very expensive, I have been making researches on the Universities that offers the bridging program for the past 4 years, I don't think I have seen any that will fund a program of over $250k..even the IVy leagues are relatively easier to get in..Most Dentists I know did theirs @ University of Pennsylvania,NYU, Columbia and Pitturburgh
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jiinxed: 1:22am On Jan 31, 2017
Osahon7:

It's just funny how you would sit in the comfort of your room (or wherever you are) and dissect someone's life. Someone you don't know from anywhere.

You guys on this forum are very funny.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.