Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,910 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:17 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682698 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
Brigadier7:
Hello frank! have been a secret follower of the thread! nice job though! Am a Nigerian Doctor here is NC! @Osahon7 has taken the words of my mind so I guess I really don't have much to say!! You may want to go back and read some of his comments! abandoning your medical school in Nigeria for the US trip was a very wrong decision if you really had a passion to be a Doctor!People say getting a admission into Medical school in Nigeria is tough but here in the States is SUPER HARD AND DIFFICULT! You've got to have excellent high school grades, excellent Undergraduate grads as well as "GOD'S FAVOUR" to get in!
you complain of not knowing when to graduate in a Nigerian University, medical school in Nigeria is 6years Officially but it's actually 8 years(with or without strike depending of the school) Isn't that the exact duration you spend here? 4 years Pre med/ Dent and another 4 years med school proper??
I have a friend that took same decision years ago, he abandoned his med school in Nigeria with the Hope of starting over in Canada, on arrival, he became so frustrated with the system that he eventually went to a technical school and he's now working in a technical coy

No offense intended man, but in all honesty, you do not have an idea what I've been through. You and Osahon7 are being very myopic. Is nigeria the only country where I can get into med school? I should have traded my opportunity for a stable, better life at the expense of staying in a school where I have no idea when I would take my next exam? A school that goes on strike at will? A school where I do not know when I would graduate?

Do I come off as a dunce to you? For you to conclude that I would not get into Med school anywhere else?

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2017
aariwa:
@Franknetter You can consult a credentials evaluation agency(I have forgotten their name)to evaluate your transcripts for a possible transfer to a medical school in Chicago.You are on greencard and not citizenship and under American law if you stay outside u.s for particular number of months it will be revoked automatically meaning that you will have to start the whole process all over again.Contact an immigration lawyer there to confirm what I just said.

That's the plan right now though. I've contacted WES and Im looking to transfer my credentials down to the USA so I would continue schooling here. Armed with my first degree, I would chase the Dr. title.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:03pm On Mar 13, 2017
Laird:
@FrankNetter

Chief Frank

If You can transfer to a German, Ukrainian, Romanian, South African, Caribbean , Ghanian Medical School ,though IT IS NOT TO EASY TO TRANSFER BETWEEN MEDICAL SCHOOLS IN YOUR 4 TO 6 HUNDRED LEVEL CLINICAL STAGE but if date of specific graduation is YOUR Only specific priority this is an option

I was actually offered admission into Windsor School of Medicine, st Kitts. I chose to decline it. the stories I was hearing about the school were not nice.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 11:04pm On Mar 13, 2017
FrankNetter:
I've argued my way out of this one. The flight booking agent has been contacted to cancel the booking.

that was a close one.

Nice.
very nice

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Laird(m): 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2017
FrankNetter:

I was actually offered admission into Windsor School of Medicine, I chose to decline it. the stories I was hearing about the school were not nice.

Baba cost of Medical School in America, no be beans OOOO.

EVEN Former Chairman of USA Federal Reserve Bernanke compared to our CBN Governor, him son graduate from American Medical School with 400 thousand dollar debt American Citizen Top Finance Government official pikin

What about The American Medical School Admission process issues. MCAT, premed. Etc

Caribbean for No bad because You can transfer from Nigeria, fast schooling and still do Clinical rotations in USA And clinical observationships

Then use USMLE support VIDEOS. lectures and Materials to bomb the USMLE

A friend of mine naija trained doctor went to the USA to do research on the USMLE, he came back and decided to subscribe for Online Tutorial videos/ material to study with of which the Online tutorial videos/material would cost Ten thousand dollars as He claims

American Medical Schools are not cheap and not easy to get into for even American citizens and Green Card holders. You might also need a Co-Signer/ guarantor for Your american study loan application.

My opinion is take the Caribbean medical school, You can easily transfer from Your Nigerian School( Naija end You go facilitate Student affairs and Your deans secretary you understand to speed up your document processing ), You can still do US clinical observation ships and Clinical rotations. You can rasily go to the USA anf no caribbean immigration threat to the USA, You can meanwhile supplement and practice heavily for the USMLE

My opinion Sha

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 11:35pm On Mar 13, 2017
Laird:

Baba cost of Medical School in America, no be beans OOOO.

EVEN Former Chairman of USA Federal Reserve Bernanke compared to our CBN Governor, him son graduate from American Medical School with 400 thousand dollar debt American Citizen Top Finance Government official pikin

What about The American Medical School Admission process issues. MCAT, premed. Etc

Caribbean for No bad because You can transfer from Nigeria, fast schooling and still do Clinical rotations in USA And clinical observationships

Then use USMLE support VIDEOS. lectures and Materials to bomb the USMLE

A friend of mine naija trained doctor went to the USA to do research on the USMLE, he came back and decided to subscribe for Online Tutorial videos/ material to study with of which the Online tutorial videos/material would cost Ten thousand dollars as He claims

American Medical Schools are not cheap and not easy to get into for even American citizens and Green Card holders. You might also need a Co-Signer/ guarantor for Your american study loan application.

My opinion is take the Caribbean medical school, You can easily transfer from Your Nigerian School( Naija end You go facilitate Student affairs and Your deans secretary you understand to speed up your document processing ), You can still do US clinical observation ships and Clinical rotations. You can rasily go to the USA anf no caribbean immigration threat to the USA, You can meanwhile supplement and practice heavily for the USMLE

My opinion Sha

Baba, one step at a time. Let me get my first degree, there are a million institutions where I would be able to get the med degree. No be USMLE last last? I go pass am. One step at a time...

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by gnykelly(m): 7:31am On Mar 14, 2017
FrankNetter:
I've argued my way out of this one. The flight booking agent has been contacted to cancel the booking.

that was a close one.

you must now define what you want out of life. many people are noe working from home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

that was a close one.

thank God!............God dey your side oooooooo

congrat!
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Yomexylona(m): 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2017
My happiness for you on your changed fortune is boundless. Regardless of the ginormous financial hurdles awaiting you in the pursuit of your Med degree, be positive. Focus on the solutions and means to realize it as opposed to the problem itself. Wish you the very best in your endeavors.

5 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by JonSnow(m): 3:04pm On Mar 14, 2017
This is a real dilemma.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 14, 2017
FrankNetter:

that was a close one.
good news
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ngobaby2264: 6:20am On Mar 15, 2017
FrankNetter:

Baba, one step at a time. Let me get my first degree, there are a million institutions where I would be able to get the med degree. No be USMLE last last? I go pass am. One step at a time...
hello..im happy you later suceeded in convincing them.Have you considered nursing?its really flexible and you can still study nursing to phd level and becone a nurse practitioner

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:54am On Mar 18, 2017
Come join me

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:56am On Mar 18, 2017
CFCman:
Come join me

Picture at Hooter with no Hooter girls.

Is that one a Hooterist? grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by JonSnow(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2017
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Mar 18, 2017
FrankNetter:

No offense intended man, but in all honesty, you do not have an idea what I've been through. You and Osahon7 are being very myopic. Is nigeria the only country where I can get into med school? I should have traded my opportunity for a stable, better life at the expense of staying in a school where I have no idea when I would take my next exam? A school that goes on strike at will? A school where I do not know when I would graduate?

Do I come off as a dunce to you? For you to conclude that I would not get into Med school anywhere else?

You should open your mind to whatever info you can get.
By listening ONLY, you can save many years and settle down very quickly.
US is not what you think it is.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 18, 2017
Brigadier7:
Hello frank! have been a secret follower of the thread! nice job though! Am a Nigerian Doctor here is NC! @Osahon7 has taken the words of my mind so I guess I really don't have much to say!! You may want to go back and read some of his comments! abandoning your medical school in Nigeria for the US trip was a very wrong decision if you really had a passion to be a Doctor!People say getting a admission into Medical school in Nigeria is tough but here in the States is SUPER HARD AND DIFFICULT! You've got to have excellent high school grades, excellent Undergraduate grads as well as "GOD'S FAVOUR" to get in!
you complain of not knowing when to graduate in a Nigerian University, medical school in Nigeria is 6years Officially but it's actually 8 years(with or without strike depending of the school) Isn't that the exact duration you spend here? 4 years Pre med/ Dent and another 4 years med school proper??
I have a friend that took same decision years ago, he abandoned his med school in Nigeria with the Hope of starting over in Canada, on arrival, he became so frustrated with the system that he eventually went to a technical school and he's now working in a technical coy
EXACTLY non Americans think its easy and better her they dont realize the cost of living,education everthing is higher and tjey get her and camy handle it.

Ive obsserved that non Americans have these wild and fantastic ideas of how perfect life is in US
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 18, 2017
CFCman:

grin grin
nd like the desperate beings they are some men eat there to view women.really sad sad u males lack dignity and enough respect for yaself to PAY to look smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 4:33pm On Mar 18, 2017
[quote author=ThatPuffPuffBae post=54710757]nd like the desperate beings they are some men eat there to view women.really sad sad u males lack dignity and enough respect for yaself to PAY to look smiley [/quoteHmmm.... don't you pay to buy TV then pay again every month to watch virtual people on TV?....is that not desperation and lack of respect and dignity? Live vs virtual.... which has more dignity?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:58am On Mar 19, 2017
At a cruise party tonight

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 7:42am On Mar 19, 2017
CFCman:
At a cruise party tonight
aha.... U guys are just enjoying this world... ... Here its only eat work sleep... eat work sleep undecided only Christmas and recognized holidays... I do enjoy and rest

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 19, 2017
And some one say he want to come back to Nigeria ehhh.. The way I go beat you like small pikin ehhh.. grin

18 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Teeboy22(m): 5:27pm On Mar 19, 2017
[quote author=ichommy post=54282686][/quote]
Sup brother..... I saw ur missed call but I dey busy den.....any Goodies.....

Ur WhatsApp no go sef embarassed
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ichommy(m): 5:37pm On Mar 19, 2017
Teeboy22:

Sup brother..... I saw ur missed call but I dey busy den.....any Goodies.....

Ur WhatsApp no go sef embarassed

I Unistall it. I will put it back soon.

Called to check on U.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by DAVEZONIGLTD: 11:21pm On Mar 19, 2017
Nice thread.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2017
Let's move on from the saga. grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 6:05pm On Mar 20, 2017
Check out this mob shocked

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 21, 2017
FrankNetter:
Check out this mob shocked
wtf shocked did u just buy that
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by obinna5000(m): 10:43am On Mar 21, 2017
Good day everyone

ThatPuffPuffBae:
nd like the desperate beings they are some men eat there to view women.really sad sad u males lack dignity and enough respect for yaself to PAY to look smiley

PuffPuffBae, How you doing?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:45am On Mar 21, 2017
obinna5000:
Good day everyone

PuffPuffBae, How you doing?
good. U sir? smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Hushee(m): 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2017
FrankNetter:
sad
Oga, please try Germany or UK. Coming here should be off your mind for now. Na beg I dey beg o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.