Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,955 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (684397 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:16am On Mar 22, 2017
CFCman:

Well, Black guys with 6 or 4 packs would be hired as eye candy for the ladies
no1 but sexually deprived men actually go to hooters for the wait staff undecided
....people eat at hooters for the food And DESPITE the waitresses

Below pictures of regular/average customers trying to enjoy a meal DESPITE the waitresses's sorry uniforms

@ EgunMogaji

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:49am On Mar 22, 2017
CFCman:

Lmao.
I don't live there o. Its just an old pic. The girl in it invited me to their annual Bikini contest.

Don't know if I should go... wink

If you're not busy why not honor the invite.

I'll stop by one next week for happy hour cool

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 6:50am On Mar 22, 2017
therealchase:
There is a lot of difference between the u.s and nig I can't list all of them here . My advice for you in a sentence is that .
"If you have a chance to come to the u.s legally don't miss it".

Shey u want make I start to dey cry ds early morning ni.
Abeg, d only means to come dt side na thru student visa.

How much I gast save up to go school, lets say community college.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 1:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

If you're not busy why not honor the invite.

I'll stop by one next week for happy hour cool

Lemme screenshot this and send to your wife.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2017
FrankNetter:

Lemme screenshot this and send to your wife.

If she's not busy she'll probably join me there grin

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:51pm On Mar 22, 2017
EgunMogaji:

grin

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
FrankNetter:

grin
He's partially right
It's not unusual for couples to dine out together at Hooters
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 4:27am On Mar 23, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Shey u want make I start to dey cry ds early morning ni.
Abeg, d only means to come dt side na thru student visa.

How much I gast save up to go school, lets say community college.

True. Na everybody know as e dy do am

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by therealchase(m): 4:28am On Mar 23, 2017
ichommy:

Wishes You Success Brother. wink

Wish you nothing less bro

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by obinna5000(m): 11:48am On Mar 23, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
good. U sir? smiley

Good. Been very busy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

shockedand u even have a wife. Poor woman
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 23, 2017
obinna5000:

Good. Been very busy

smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
shockedand u even have a wife. Poor woman

At first I was going to be caustic but this is a beautiful and uplifting thread.

smiley

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

At first I was going to be caustic but this is a beautiful and uplifting thread.

smiley[size=8pt][/size]
the thread is ok smiley but what u and cfcma...n did with the hooters girls was not. ..It was irritating

and disrupted the flow of said "beautiful and uplifting" piece undecided ...take it to the sexuality section
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
the thread is ok smiley but what u and cfcma...n did with the hooters girls was not. ..It was irritating and disrupted the flow of said "beautiful and uplifting" piece undecided ...take it to the sexuality section

You are still doing it.

smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 23, 2017
FrankNetter:
Here's what the inside of a hospital looks like. One word: clean.

And that's just an emergency waiting room.

We're moving away from wards into hotel style accommodations with suites for our guests (they're not patients anymore).

As for waiting room, you don't have to sit down and wait. I worked on an application support that will actually page you when your Nurse/Doctor/Room is ready so you can pop next door and have a sit at Starbucks or, gasp, Hooters grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 23, 2017
therealchase:
Hello guys, hope you all are doing fine.. got into the United states bout two weeks ago it's been a great experience so far..but the journey for naija no be small 21hours flight but we thank GOD sha.. am currently in Massachusetts (mass) I would be dropping random pictures.

Pic 1:mma

Pic2-4: dubai international airport

Una welcome to our obodo America.

Don't get sidetracked, keep focused.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You are still doing it.

smiley
only because u started back up this morning smiley bye

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Mar 23, 2017
FrankNetter:
Here's what the inside of a hospital looks like. One word: clean.
rolls eyes. 9ja hospitals can be made clean too

This hospital opened in 2016

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2016/11/newly-launched-family-clinic-st-ives.html?m=1

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
only because u started back up this morning smiley bye

You're not even on my radar and not in my demographics.

You mentioned me.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

You're not even on my radar and not in my demographics.

You mentioned me.

smiley
*rolls eyes* i meant u started with thw hooters wich is better suited to sexuality section undecided and not this "beautiful and uplifting " thread
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Mar 23, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
*rolls eyes* i meant u started with thw hooters wich is better suited to sexuality section undecided and not this "beautiful and uplifting " thread

I don't have to explain myself to you. You don't count.

smiley

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I don't have to explain myself to you. You don't count.

smiley
u dont have to explain yaself because its plan to see wink lets stop derailing. Bye....again
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
u dont have to explain yaself because its plan to see wink lets stop derailing. Bye....again

And you didn't have to falsely accuse me to just get cheap giggles.

smiley
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 9:19pm On Mar 23, 2017
EgunMogaji:

And you didn't have to falsely accuse me to just get cheap giggles.
smiley
Oganla himself.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:15am On Mar 24, 2017
ThatPuffPuffBae:
rolls eyes. 9ja hospitals can be made clean too

This hospital opened in 2016

http://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2016/11/newly-launched-family-clinic-st-ives.html?m=1

I've noticed you. Kindly move along now.

9 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 1:24am On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Una welcome to our obodo America.

Don't get sidetracked, keep focused.

Bro, help me migrate join una na.... Make I spend just 10 years of hard labour come back naija come invest
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:16am On Mar 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Bro, help me migrate join una na.... Make I spend just 10 years of hard labour come back naija come invest

There's no way here that I'll advise even my enemy other than legit way.

Student visa
Fiancé/Spoual visa
Investment visa

I'll say this and I expect to be called a selfish ahole - make una stay back for naija and make it work. Nothing dey here anymore unless you're legit from day one.

I don talk my own.

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 2:24am On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Student visa
Fiancé/Spoual visa
Investment visa

I'll say this and I expect to be called a selfish ahole - make una stay back for naija and make it work. Nothing dey here anymore unless you're legit from day one.

I don talk my own.
Bro, you have just shot an arrow. That's what Nigerians don't want to hear.

9 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:35am On Mar 24, 2017
guiddoti:
Bro, you have just shot an arrow. That's what Nigerians don't want to hear.

I know.

It's a sad but true fact.

"E-Verify
U.S. law requires companies to employ only individuals who may legally work in the United States – either U.S. citizens, or foreign citizens who have the necessary authorization. This diverse workforce contributes greatly to the vibrancy and strength of our economy, but that same strength also attracts unauthorized employment.
E-Verify is an Internet-based system that allows businesses to determine the eligibility of their employees to work in the United States. E-Verify is fast, free and easy to use – and it’s the best way employers can ensure a legal workforce."

https://www.uscis.gov/e-verify

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:41am On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I know.

It's a sad but true fact.
It depends on the field one wants to work in.
For instance, architecture is more lucrative in Naija than in the US. And if you're making N1 million or more per month, you'd be comfortable in Lagos.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 3:44am On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Student visa
Fiancé/Spoual visa
Investment visa

I don talk my own.

Gospel truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.