Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682463 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 4:01am On Mar 24, 2017
CFCman:

It depends on the field one wants to work in.
For instance, architecture is more lucrative in Naija than in the US. And if you're making N1 million or more per month, you'd be comfortable in Lagos.
i prefer to be making 500k and live in that snow place with my white bae cool

21 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 24, 2017
FrankNetter:

I've noticed you. Kindly move along now.
grin i cant possibly leave now . Ive been "noticed" but the great frank undecided pls dont make yaself so important
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 7:06am On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

There's no way here that I'll advise even my enemy other than legit way.

Student visa
Fiancé/Spoual visa
Investment visa

I'll say this and I expect to be called a selfish ahole - make una stay back for naija and make it work. Nothing dey here anymore unless you're legit from day one.

I don talk my own.

Some of us just wanna make the money and return home, e no easy to easily land millions for naija like it is over there, my uncle was useless in naija until he traveled, e Don come naija come wed, buy cars and all doing menial jobs, he's gone back to skul now, once his wife and children join him, na anoda big money for am b dt.

E no be like dt for naija.

15 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:04am On Mar 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Some of us just wanna make the money and return home, e no easy to easily land millions for naija like it is over there, my uncle was useless in naija until he traveled, e Don come naija come wed, buy cars and all doing menial jobs, he's gone back to skul now, once his wife and children join him, na anoda big money for am b dt.

E no be like dt for naija.

I disagree as people are making it in Nigeria too without traveling out.

Anyways, good luck on your plans.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 11:08am On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

No one said pple are not making it, only few are compared to the rest.
You wanna argue that its easy to make it fast in US than in Naija?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:30am On Mar 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

No one said pple are not making it, only few are compared to the rest.
You wanna argue that its easy to make it fast in US than in Naija?

You keep shifting the goalpost.

Reasonable and hard working people don't need to leave Nigeria to make it. Many are proving that daily.

You don't need my permission to mount a defense for your position.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 11:58am On Mar 24, 2017
CFCman:

It depends on the field one wants to work in.
For instance, architecture is more lucrative in Naija than in the US. And if you're making N1 million or more per month, you'd be comfortable in Lagos.
bro, very true.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Reasonable and hard working people don't need to leave Nigeria to make it. Many are proving that daily.

While some people count 100k per month as making it, others will count 1m per month salary as making it.
Your definition of making it might be different from mine.

That's my point.

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

While some people count 100k per month as making it, others will count 1m per month salary as making it.
Your definition of making it might be different from mine.

That's my point.

As it should be.

Living within ones means and still saving for rainy is a prudent definition of making it.

No one is required to live on Banana Island or drive a Maybach in order to feel that they've made it.

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 12:42pm On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

are u making it in Nigeria undecided

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

As it should be.

Living within ones means and still saving for rainy is a prudent definition of making it.

No one is required to live on Banana Island or drive a Maybach in order to feel that they've made it.

Life's aspirations are different too.

5 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 12:46pm On Mar 24, 2017
austino677:

For where, I doubt he will ever return to Naija. At least not after making millions
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 12:49pm On Mar 24, 2017
austino677:
i prefer to be making 500k and live in that snow place with my white bae cool

If I can make 500k per month in Ife, Osun state right now.

I would not even consider relocating to the USA so far I can always go there for vacation with my family.

But ryt now, my monthly salary is only a little above 120k monthly.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Life's aspirations are different too.

Exactly.

My point here is to offer support for those that do not see traveling out as their only salvation.

Opportunities abound in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

For where, I doubt he will ever return to Naija. At least not after making millions

Why are you speaking on my behalf?

You do you, I do me.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 24, 2017
austino677:

Of course I am.

I'm sure that's not the answer you prefer and will mount a robust nonsensical defense.

I await.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by skitkid2(m): 1:21pm On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Reasonable and hardworking people need connection or luck to make it here.

Stop discouraging people to come where you are.

Just stop, no reason is good enough.

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Mar 24, 2017
skitkid2:

Reasonable and hardworking people need connection or luck to make it here.

Stop discouraging people to come where you are.

Just stop, no reason is good enough.

Only a complete fool will take guidance on their life goals from userids on an online forum.

No apologies for my opinion and I'll continue to share them.

I give a salute to hardworking Nigerians that are making a success of it at home.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by andycoal40(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2017
Chelseafan1:

I would not even consider relocating to the USA so far I can always go there for vacation with my family.

any menial job 4me...I just finish university

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2017
Guys, don't let anyone put you on oh God. If you can hustle your way up there, good for you, than asking anyone here to help you. Simple.

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 4:07pm On Mar 24, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Of course I am.

I'm sure that's not the answer you prefer and will mount a robust nonsensical defense.

I await.
no attack was a question.... Btw congrats

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 5:01pm On Mar 24, 2017
andycoal40:

any menial job 4me...I just finish university

Where are you based?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by atuagbo: 7:34pm On Mar 24, 2017
You are sick for sure. You know this and you left the country for obodo America.

EgunMogaji:

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
atuagbo:
You are sick for sure. You know this and you left the country for obodo America.

That's your opinion. This is actually mild, I was expecting you degenerates to mount a stronger offense than this grin

Not everybody is a hapless and luckless dweeb that sold the farm to go to overseas, some were victims of circumstance.

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by atuagbo: 11:13pm On Mar 24, 2017
Am not one of the degenerated, hapless and luckless Nigerian. Am working with a multinational company, my monthly take home is over 1M. February this year I was granted B1B2 visa, that only cost me 54k. During the interview, I was only asked two questions. If am married and where am working. The name of the company settled it all. Am going for 2weeks vacation. Am doing pretty well here.

EgunMogaji:

That's your opinion. This is actually mild, I was expecting you degenerates to mount a stronger offense than this grin

Not everybody is a hapless and luckless dweeb that sold the farm to go to overseas, some were victims of circumstance.

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 25, 2017
atuagbo:
Am not one of the degenerated, hapless and luckless Nigerian. Am working with a multinational company, my monthly take home is over 1M. February this year I was granted B1B2 visa, that only cost me 54k. During the interview, I was only asked two questions. If am married and where am working. The name of the company settled it all. Am going for 2weeks vacation. Am doing pretty well here.

Yawwnnnnnn....

Maybe the next poster will be interested in your lullaby, cause I'm immune to long winded self gratification wink

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by seyema(m): 12:03am On Mar 25, 2017
Chelseafan1:

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 12:08am On Mar 25, 2017
atuagbo:

But seriously why do people write 'am not one....' instead of 'I'm not one....' Have not seen it, instead of 'I've not seen it..' is this how you write where you get paid over 1million per month?

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:08am On Mar 25, 2017
seyema:

And me I'm collecting 35k per month

Those that are making it big in Nigeria do not collect a paycheck from others, anyone that still collect a paycheck is really not that successful.

Figure out what you like to do, what your passions are and try to find funding to nurture it.

When I come home I keep my eye out for opportunities that I can invest in during my retirement, my Brother they abound.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 12:08am On Mar 25, 2017
seyema:

Pls can you help me with any menial job. I stay in osunstate.

Where in Osun?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by OluDare01(m): 12:34am On Mar 25, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Yawwnnnnnn....

Maybe the next poster will be interested in your lullaby, cause I'm immune to long winded self gratification wink
with grammatical blunders grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 12:59am On Mar 25, 2017
OluDare01:

with grammatical blunders grin grin grin

cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.