Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,463 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka (40134 Views)

"I Threw Away My Green Card" – Soyinka / US Poll: Wole Soyinka Trends On Twitter For Saying He'll Destroy His Green Card / Wole Soyinka: "I Will Tear My Green Card If Donald Trump Wins" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Zenlife: 11:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
rapistomenka:

You think its easy to invent cultism in Nigeria cool

And what benefit is it to invent it to date?

Echoes of the inventor himself with filed rantings.

Despicably unfortunate!
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by justy15: 11:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
for all I care Nigerians have only taken you on your word Prof. call us anything, leave the planet earth or move your foundation to the moon, all we ask is be a man of your word rather than demonstrate some level of hypocrisy like an afonja

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Rossikki: 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
logicab:
Guy, this is not a matter of argument. The US President has launch codes; but his codes are not enough to launch any missiles. Other officials have to provide their own codes; meaning they have to agree with the US President. The US President cannot just wake up in the middle of the night and start launching missiles while sipping on a glass of margarita.

I take it you know more about this than the Economist? There is nowhere it is stated in any publication on earth that officials have to agree with the president after he gives an order to launch nuclear weapons. An official can refuse to carry out the order. But Trump can fire him and move down to the next official, etc until the order is executed.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
justy15:
for all I care Nigerians have only taken you on your word Prof. call us anything, leave the planet earth or move your foundation to the moon, all we ask is be a man of your word rather than demonstrate some level of hypocrisy like an afonja

An unknown Osu with miniscule level of intelligence like you don't have brain capacity to understand that prof has kept to his words by leaving America immediately Trump was elected president. Before I forget, mention your Papa name and let's make quick comparison

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Zenlife: 11:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Don't think worthy folks give a hoot what you do with your recent apologetic life hence.

Image repair ain't gonna redress.

Pardon me, I made a boo boo, Am only human would have been honorable
But your ego sadly got the best of your cognition.

Not too late to be humble.
Better be late than never.

You Mr wole can take your shhi.t foundation
To the high noon.
Only an idiot wilfully embrace bull.

Be mute!

Costs nada.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 12:00am On Dec 06, 2016
Family members should consider checking this man into a hospice home where he will be taken care of till the day he will delete.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by hpk(m): 12:00am On Dec 06, 2016
CAPTAIN BLOOD!!!!!
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by unikprince(m): 12:01am On Dec 06, 2016
kenonze:
Why is Wolf Soyinka so troubled with this greencard issue?
choi see laps ooooo, grabs Vaseline.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by nortcentrallord(m): 12:02am On Dec 06, 2016
huntila:
I think it's his property and his life .whatever he chose to do,should be his business. People should learn to mind their business

He made it everyman business when he brought it on social media.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by LorDBolton(m): 12:02am On Dec 06, 2016
slurryeye2:

He started fraternity for student voice against government oppression. And he graduated from universities, became a renowned prof and won Nobel laureate

Wetin your Papa contribute in his life?

Since you're not wole soyinka's son, why not tell me what your own dad has achieved so I talk about mine??

What govt oppression did they fight?
How did they fight it?
How did they manage the fraternity?
What was the impact of the fraternity on university culture?
What legacy did they leave behind?

Mtcheeew why am I even issuing an intelligent rebuttal to gibbon like u.

He won a Nobel laureate? Renowned prof?

Lols pls Get tha fvck out my mentions twerp!!

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by fortunechy(m): 12:02am On Dec 06, 2016
I came across a girl ranting on how she has 5000 friends, and 8000 followers on facebook. Claiming how this and that sent her a request, and how those and these followed her. And I am here wondering if this is just an achievement for one person's life in all of this 2016. # The_girls _I_See_On_Facebook
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by ahamonyeka(m): 12:03am On Dec 06, 2016
Old age is deceiving this professor.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by quickly: 12:05am On Dec 06, 2016
rapistomenka:

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/12/05/jimmy-carter-got-me-my-green-card-i-never-applied-for-it-soyinka/

The man is over 80years and he can even tear his Nigerian passport if he wishes.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nemesis99(m): 12:10am On Dec 06, 2016
What's all this English baba is vomiting na? So, you get mind call us millipedes abi? After all the story sef i still no see pix of your wey tear the card, abi you thing sey we mumu like Buhari?

By the way sef wetin be the outcome of the meeting wey una go do for UK? Our development is still stagnant.

I suspect sey na una wey go do that meeting send that olosho wey give Abacha that apple.

In a nutshell, baba ori yin o pe

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nemesis99(m): 12:11am On Dec 06, 2016
What's all this English baba is vomiting na? So, you get mind call us millipedes abi? After all the story sef i still no see pix of you wey tear the card, abi you think sey we mumu like Buhari?

By the way sef wetin be the outcome of that meeting wey una go do for UK? Our development is still stagnant.

I suspect sey na una wey go do that meeting send that olosho wey give Abacha that apple.
#bringbackourabacha
In a nutshell, baba ori yin o pe
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by logicab: 12:14am On Dec 06, 2016
Rossikki:

I take it you know more about this than the Economist? There is nowhere it is stated in any publication on earth that officials have to agree with the president after he gives an order to launch nuclear weapons. An official can refuse to carry out the order. But Trump can fire him and move down to the next official, etc until the order is executed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_weapons_and_the_United_States
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Codes

As commander-in-chief, the president is the only individual with the authority to order the use of nuclear weapons;[11] however, the two-man rule still applies. The National Command Authority comprising the president and Secretary of Defense must jointly authenticate the order to use nuclear weapons to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.[6] The order would then be transmitted over a tan-yellow phone, the Joint Chiefs of Staff Alerting Network, otherwise known as the "Gold Phone", that directly links the NMCC with United States Strategic Command Headquarters at Offutt Air Force Base in Nebraska.[citation needed] It is argued by Franklin Miller that the President has almost single authority to initiate a nuclear attack since the Secretary of Defense is required to verify the order, but cannot legally veto it.[12][13] However, Section 4 of the 25th Amendment of the Constitution allows for the vice president, together with a majority of cabinet heads or Congress, to declare the President disabled or unfit to execute the duties of the office.[14]
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by limitless777(m): 12:15am On Dec 06, 2016
kenonze:
Why is Wolf Soyinka so troubled with this greencard issue?

My sister e baffle me no be small O.
He's taking this too personal and emotional.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by hillz0103(m): 12:18am On Dec 06, 2016
Nigerians will sharp mouths, what have your generations invented?
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 12:30am On Dec 06, 2016
LorDBolton:

Since you're not wole soyinka's son, why not tell me what your own dad has achieved so I talk about mine??

What govt oppression did they fight?
How did they fight it?
How did they manage the fraternity?
What was the impact of the fraternity on university culture?
What legacy did they leave behind?

Mtcheeew why am I even issuing an intelligent rebuttal to gibbon like u.

He won a Nobel laureate? Renowned prof?

Lols pls Get tha fvck out my mentions twerp!!

You are the dimwit abusing the prof.
Soyinka was the first black African to win noble laureate in literature and still the only one to have done so till date. Google his name and know how renowned he his.
How hard can it be for you to tell us who your Papa be? Just tell us that your Papa nah mazi okonkwo, he works as a gateman at achara layout in Enugu. Nobody know am apart from you, your mama, your siblings and the lizards in your compound. Then we will all know you are son of a nobody,and tell you to keep quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by ashanalova69(m): 12:31am On Dec 06, 2016
I think he just felt insulted by most of you intellectual midgets having an opinion about what obviously is not your business. He is very political and most of you don't even understand the essence of what he did by tearing his green card. Soyinka is an erudite professor in English literature and he can teach at any leading university in the world. Do you think he will have a problem getting a visa?

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 06, 2016
Wow. Nigerians generally are an uncouth and constantly aggressive people. Anyone who puts his business out in the Nigerian public space will end up disappointed by the ignorant, loutish responses characteristic of my countrymen sad

4 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 06, 2016
Soyinka brought this upon himself with his loquacity. He was myopic to envisage the plausible outcome of the U.S. elections which was glaring to some of us right from the conventions and it's attendant effect on his character. He spoke without foresight and pledged without insight to TEAR his green card. Proves peroxide blonde bleached hair doesn't instil wisdom. It is merely a fashion statement.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by madjune(m): 12:56am On Dec 06, 2016
Its second nature for an afonja man to say one thing today and do the opposite tomorrow.

Seems they call it being smart but it's childish.

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 12:58am On Dec 06, 2016
Zenlife:
Don't think worthy folks give a hoot what you do with your recent apologetic life hence.

Image repair ain't gonna redress.

Pardon me, I made a boo boo, Am only human would have been honorable
But your ego sadly got the best of your cognition.

Not too late to be humble.
Better be late than never.

You Mr wole can take your shhi.t foundation
To the high noon.
Only an idiot wilfully embrace bull.

Be mute!

Costs nada.

Your Papa name please?
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 1:01am On Dec 06, 2016
jon1:
Soyinka brought this upon himself with his loquacity. He was myopic to envisage the plausible outcome of the U.S. elections which was glaring to some of us right from the conventions and it's attendant effect on his character. He spoke without foresight and pledged without insight to TEAR his green card. Proves peroxide blonde bleached hair doesn't instil wisdom. It is merely a fashion statement.

He has kept to his words by leaving America immediately Trump got elected. He owes you no explanation whatsoever. Can you drop your Papa name please so that we can compare his wisdom to Soyinka?
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by slurryeye2: 1:03am On Dec 06, 2016
madjune:
Its second nature for an afonja man to say one thing today and do the opposite tomorrow.

Seems they call it being smart but it's childish.

And for Osus not to mind their fuc.king business seems to be their way of life.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by DedeNkem: 1:06am On Dec 06, 2016
Why create a problem for Jimmy Carter? Soyinka, you're ungrateful!

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by 4tune490(m): 1:12am On Dec 06, 2016
As in eh angry angry
oluxy:
This man is a noble Laurel, he doesn't need all this daily self explainations of regret about his earlier uncalculated green card comment.

Pls NL, call him to order before his rank and star is degraded. The world are watching.
Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by Anderson121(m): 1:22am On Dec 06, 2016
I feel quite troubled with the way we Nigerians are very quick to bring down someone who has gotten to the pinnacle of their career a very long time ago even before most of us were born, he's a living legend, a role model, something we are now lacking in Nigeria this days, as he is, he can teach anywhere in the world if he's wanted. It is not a must that it should be in the US, I think the problem with most of us is exposure, America is not heaven, unlike the way most of u probably think it is. What he said about the green card was to show his disgust for trump if he wins.....chai my people, why are we so filled with hate for anyone who is doing better than we are? It is terrible o, and witchcraft is not far from such attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by LorDBolton(m): 1:27am On Dec 06, 2016
slurryeye2:

You are the dimwit abusing the prof.
Soyinka was the first black African to win noble laureate in literature and still the only one to have done so till date. Google his name and know how renowned he his.
How hard can it be for you to tell us who your Papa be? Just tell us that your Papa nah mazi okonkwo, he works as a gateman at achara layout in Enugu. Nobody know am apart from you, your mama, your siblings and the lizards in your compound. Then we will all know you are son of a nobody,and tell you to keep quiet.
Trying to communicate with a gibbon is a lil insane but I'm on my "Dr dolittle" mode

if I knew he's a common cultist, suffice to say I already know he's a Nobel prize winner, so don't think u can tell me anything new about the man... idiat!

Like universities state when bestowing degrees to graduands, "the following persons have been found worthy both in character and in learning"

When you understand why character comes first before academic achievement you will know why I don't care about a man's academic achievements... but you will never understand.

I just dey laugh u, that you ASSUMED i'm igbo(which is even soo wrong) shows how faulty your thought process is...free yourself from tribalism dummy!

Anyway like I said tell me about your father and i'll tell u what my own dad has achieved...

I referred to soyinka as an individual not as a father, ONLY HIS CHILD CAN TRY TO DEFEND HIM TO COMPARING OUR FATHERS.

So dear gibbon when you're ready to tell me what your dad. Has achieved in life lemme know.

If u like type thrash, only when u tell me about ur father will I reply u.

3 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by hollowpot15684(m): 1:30am On Dec 06, 2016
rapistomenka:
None of my generations will stoop to the unenviable distinction of a Wole Soyinka, a man who easily disavows on pecuniary promptings.

The Kongi Harvester has proven archetypally that his chameleonic tendencies is generational. It is a Mendelian factor!

Anyway, Soyinka is living up to his afonja roots: say one thing today and do another tomorrow.

This trait is both ancestral as it it is legendary.

Nigerian Youth are very daft and you are just playing a leading role..

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter Got Me My Green Card, I Never Applied For It-soyinka by hollowpot15684(m): 1:34am On Dec 06, 2016
rapistomenka:

You think its easy to invent cultism in Nigeria cool

so this is all you know about soyinka??
i respect your imbécileism..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

DIRTY GAME / Love & Wisdom / Chimamanda Adichie's Clapback To "Nigeria Has Bookshops?" Question In France.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.