Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,456 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband (7807 Views)

I Caught My Best Friend With My Boyfriend. / I Have Feelings For My Neighbor's Husband, What Should I Do? / Kenyan Man Catches Wife Committing Adultery With His Employee, A Watchman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by tyokunbo(m): 5:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
Source: http://towncrieronline.net/2016/12/05/i-caught-my-wife-committing-adultery-with-a-neighbors-husband/

Professionally, I’m a journalist. I specialize in minding other people’s business, so it’s not surprising that I get saddled with a lot of hassles. On Friday, December 2, 2016, I was sitting in my office, minding my damn business, when I got a letter. I didn’t know the writer. Sighing, I opened it, and this is what I saw.

Hi, Tyokunbo, I know you’re not the person to come asking for advice, but I’m in a fix. I’m ashamed for myself, as I find it hard sharing my problems with other people, not knowing I’ll have to do so one day.

I’ve been married 6 years now, to a very pretty woman. She’s been faithful and loyal, always fighting my battles, and I told myself she would always be my woman. The love we share was so deep, but suddenly, I had an issue with my job as a chemical engineer to a multinational company. In short, I was laid off just before the present economic recession. My company saw it coming and decided to bail out of the country.

It pains me so much to narrate this painful story, but I have to do so, tell someone about my challenge, to make me feel better, get it out of my chest. In fairness to my wife, she consoled me, telling me things would be better, that life goes on, that I would find another job. But things only got worse, the recession had set in.

I felt so bad about losing my job, especially as I didn’t have any savings. We spent so much taking care of our extended families. I thought about killing myself, since life became so tough. But my wife stood by me, she was that type of woman. She never gave up on me, told me the pendulum would swing the other way. She told me that suicide wasn’t an option (we had two kids to take care of.) I didn’t go out much, had to stay indoors, since it was practically impossible to get a new job, because of the damned recession and all that shit. Besides, most companies needing my specialized service as a chemical engineer were taking their business to South Africa, Ghana, and Kenya.
Now, when I lost my job was the time all my plans went to hell, life wasn’t rosy anymore , because now I had no money. When I’m at home my wife was out on her teacher job and on and on and on like that.

The situation really pissed me off, with my wife always consoling me. Sometimes, I believed her; at other times, my sadness didn’t allow me see any light in the tunnel. Unfortunately, my woman has one fault – she was paranoid about paying our house rent (which is really a good thing), but not so in this desperate situation. The rent money was due, and the landlord kept pestering us. My wife was really scared, thinking about where we would find the money. One day, I went out to look for money but came back early, to see my wife and a neighbor’s friend doing the old business on our matrimonial bed.
After a very big fight, I sent her packing, along with the children, throwing out her things. She wrote me a long letter later. I wanted to tear it, but I read through out of curiosity. To cut the long story short, she said she understood my actions, that perhaps we should give each other a break, so I can try sorting myself out and balancing my life. She told me she did it because of the rent, that our neighbor’s friend promised to give her the money. She told me she hated doing it, but she couldn’t face the landlord throwing out our property and all the other shit. She said she didn’t want to face the shame, hence she did it. She said she was writing me not to return but for me not to see her as a bad person as she really loved me.

I’ve been thinking and all since I read the letter, and it’s really affecting me, because I know she was telling the truth. I remember how scared she was about the landlord and all. Right now, my life has fallen apart, with the landlord still harassing me and the recession biting harder. My woman is the only one who can console me (because I’m a kind of guy who has few friends, I have trust issues). I don’t know how to put the shattered pieces of my life together now I sent her away. We were so close, and she’s the only person I can tell my innermost secrets. I don’t know what to do now I understand why she betrayed me, because she’s a great woman who stood by me and wanted to protect me from shame. Let her go because of what she did? I just don’t know what to do.

I wish there was no recession that made her fall into the hands of our neighbor’s friend.

Pardon me if my details aren’t enough, don’t be mad at me. I’m just too confused about what and what not to put in the letter.

Thanks for all cooperation,
Jeffrey

I folded the letter and placed it on my table. Normally, I can’t stand women who commit adultery. But in this case, I’m confused. What advice should I give to this man?
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by tyokunbo(m): 5:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by ideology(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Every day events happen that makes some men refuse to trust any lady or woman, even when they want to !

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by Mrbigman2: 5:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
Complicated AF.
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by gsainttrinity(m): 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Hmmm! what can I say,

you have no money or job, you have trust issues therefore no friends and your wife has always been your backbone she supported you in every way possible even doing what should not be done just to avoid embarrassment from your landlord...

you have one option, and that option is your wife!
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by herzern1(m): 5:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lies from the inner pit of hell!!!!!!! undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by balanceofterror1(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
You caught your wife committing adultery or you caught a stronger man helping you out.

3 Likes

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by dee02(m): 5:35pm On Dec 05, 2016
Oh well... undecided
Words fail me!
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by xendra: 5:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
that's what happens in a generation where men can't help women without asking for sex in return, even though its somebody's wife. curse them.
but maybe its karma, maybe you have also had the opportunity of helping someone's wife or sister but insisted they give you sex first now karma is against you too. who knows.

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by schumastic(m): 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
no excuse is enough reason to cheat on your partner, especially one as lame as this...so if he accepts you back and after a yr can't pay the rent again, u will still go out to cheat..obviously she has been doing it and for a first timer, she won't have the nerves to do it on her matrimonial bed.annoying crap, just the kids i pity that's all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by Charly68: 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
Two things that you must do to come out of this mess is to Reconcile with God & Your wife. .Your job has been your God and now that you lost the job u kept to yourself and your wife..It never occurs to you to run to your source which is God. The devil crept in to give u total knock out but you must never allow that to happen..Forgive your wife and take her to God so as to have a new beginning..Even when Adam discovered that his wife messed up he never parted with her..I saw that great quality in Adam. Do same and am sure God is waiting to see you coming to him for the forgiveness of your sins and restoration of your blessings .Believers aren't fools they simply know how to depend on. God every time and he has never disappointed for once.

2 Likes

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by HARDDON: 5:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
The major clause in the write up is this:

"I KNOW SHE IS TELLING THE TRUTH" .

The thing is: women can think cooly and calmly but they end up thinking with their HEARTS instead of their HEADS.

A woman u have been with for 6 years n not an issue. A woman that was ready to give up her pride to save save the face of the family. A woman dat hasnt been giving u issues with feeding n school fees since u got laid off.
Guess she has been feeding the family too!
Your sole confidant

As much as it is difficult to swallow, you cant but take her back!

The only issue is: You cant live in that whole section of d state again! U must move to a far away place.

And build all over again.
Bliv me, if u can be man enuf ti weather this storm, the bond between both of u wud become stronger.
Call Your wify gee

This is why i advocate people learning skills even with ur degree.

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by Charly68: 5:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
xendra:
that's what happens in a generation where men can't help women without asking for sex in return, even though its somebody's wife. curse them.
but maybe its karma, maybe you have also had the opportunity of helping someone's wife or sister but insisted they give you sex first now karma is against you too. who knows.

Habba! is this an advice or indictment?
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by WebSurfer(m): 5:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Damm
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by PH1stBorn: 5:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
You have said whats in my mind...this can't be her first parole
schumastic:
no excuse is enough reason to cheat on your partner, especially one as lame as this...so if he accepts you back and after a yr can't pay the rent again, u will still go out to cheat..obviously she has been doing it and for a first timer, she won't have the nerves to do it on her matrimonial bed.annoying crap, just the kids i pity that's all.
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by firstking01(m): 6:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
There's NO justifiable reason whatsoever to give for committing adulteryundecided

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by Khd95(m): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
Buharis poor policies are tearing homes apart.
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by schumastic(m): 7:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
PH1stBorn:
You have said whats in my mind...this can't be her first parole

obviously is not..it clearly shows that the lady only married him cus of his wealth and nothing more.
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by ivanoj(m): 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
Cheating is cheating. Passing d buck is what I see. Move on with ur life and try to find something doing. Turn to God and u realise what He is going to do in ur life.
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
xendra:
but maybe its karma, maybe you have also had the opportunity of helping someone's wsife or sister but insisted they give you sex first now karma is against you too. who knows.

nice point but I hope ur not generalizing that all males ask for sex in return of a favour
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by passycj(m): 8:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
speechless
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by xendra: 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
zack20:
nice point but I hope ur not generalizing that all males ask for sex in return of a favour
well I'm sure not all men, exempting the 1%
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by xendra: 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
Charly68:
Habba! is this an advice or indictment?
whatevet you want to call it.
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by SmellingAnus(m): 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
I know that there is no justifiable reason for committing adultery but in this case I will surely break down in tears and forgive my wife... No doubt she was wrong but the fact that she was willing to do anything to reduce the burden of her husband that may go suicidal if things persist the way they are , is a plus... I am not encouraging adultery but the wife sure deserves another good chance...
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by LaClickLaBend: 10:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
xendra:

stupid ass comment

Oh why not just let us blame karma. Did yu have a headache today? Blame Karma. That movie yu were watching didn't end well? Blame Karma.

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 05, 2016
LaClickLaBend:

stupid ass comment

Oh why not just let us blame karma. Did yu have a headache today? Blame Karma. That movie yu were watching didn't end well? Blame Karma.

Rubbish
calm down guy! She said the truth, although that karma part is off point but most guys only help a girl if she agrees to have sex with them. That's just sad!
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by shedy03(m): 11:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
buhari cool.
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by xendra: 3:15am On Dec 06, 2016
LaClickLaBend:

stupid ass comment

Rubbish
stupid-ass mention goan die. is karma your name? why e dey pain you for body
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by Nobody: 3:47am On Dec 06, 2016
firstking01:
There's NO justifiable reason whatsoever to give for abortion.

grin grin grin grin

Wtf were you reading
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by firstking01(m): 5:25am On Dec 06, 2016
JuicyLucy:

grin grin grin grin

Wtf were you reading
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by firstking01(m): 5:27am On Dec 06, 2016
JuicyLucy:

grin grin grin grin
Wtf were you reading
Lol, you should know i meant adultery na.
Re: I Caught My Wife Committing Adultery With A Neighbor’s Husband by maadman: 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
All I can say is I'm sorry man.. Ur story broke me... Don't ave any advice.. Maybe u shd try God.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Went To See My Fiance's Parents, Only To Discover That His Mum Was Also My Mum / How Do I Peacefully End My Relationship With My Gf / Why Cant A Nigeria Guy Date A Girl Without Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.