Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole (45754 Views)

How Imported Milk Is Killing Nigerians, Africans - Aroms Aigbehi / Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More / Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Gerrard59(m): 6:08am On Dec 06, 2016
Damn!!!!!

The ignorance on this thread is befuddling shocked shocked
Imagine the ignorance people have about cardiovascular diseases, gastrointestinal etc. Wow.

Taking such delicacies might not be bad in the short term, but taking it without burning out the calories and indulging in fruits, anti oxidants is not healthy. Honestly, with the responses I'm seeing here bar few comments, the rate of stroke, hypertension, diabetes will certainly skyrocket. To even worsen the issue, most of my country people don't undergo regular medical check up - sugar test, blood pressure, urinalysis, liver function test, kidney test etc. Which wouldn't cost more than 50K. The drugs to treat the aforementioned diseases don't come cheap - ask Novo Nordisk, Novartis.

Starting a pharmaceutical company to reap from the ignorance of majority of Nigerians will be right thing to do. @Emmy9ite.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by BabaRamota1980: 6:23am On Dec 06, 2016
Im surprised he did not list beer and liquor cconsumption.

Our digestive system and organs can tolerate meat but not beer and liquor.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by John360: 6:39am On Dec 06, 2016
of what important is dis .....

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by uzolexis(f): 6:51am On Dec 06, 2016
DedeNkem:
The guy is 100% right.

I've said it many times that the rate Nigerians eat junk foods and drink alcohol is overwhelming.

The most hilarious and ignorant thing is that when someone suddenly drops dead, Nigerians are always quick to blame juju. That's exactly what illiteracy causes.

You'll see one guy eat two pots of Nkwobi (has too much saturated oil and salt), add Suya (has too much salt and unhealthy seasonings) on top it and then wash them down with three big stouts. And he'll ignorantly call himself a "big boy".

The other time, I went to a burial and was so shocked to see a woman finish two big bowls of rice, a full chicken on one sitting, and then wash them down with three bottles of Star beer while standing! After two hours, she requested for a second round of food (this time garri and soup)!

Nigerians don't eat more junk food than the west, in fact Nigerians don't consume as much red meat as they do in western countries....abeg leave matter angry
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by onward4life(m): 7:01am On Dec 06, 2016
Corruption pls come back!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ikupakuti(m): 7:03am On Dec 06, 2016
Noblesoul123:
Silly bunch of jokers. So Buhari's policies are saving lives abi?

If we are to conduct a survey on how many buisness ventures, dreams, jobs, lives, careers even hopes their useless policies have sent to hell...

The idiot would‘ve done a rethink before accusing innocent foods that have being around for centuries of hypertension

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by babs50g: 7:13am On Dec 06, 2016
@pavore9 . Ordinarily we should eat more of alkaline food than acidic food which has a good PH value . Prevention , precaution is better than cure
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by BALLOSKI: 7:15am On Dec 06, 2016
joe4real12:
They want to stop our enjoyment.

Am beginning to suspect these people.
don't mind that underperforming minister. He just reminded me I have kilishi in my cupboard.

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by FavoredGuy: 7:16am On Dec 06, 2016
If I saw the name 'Lie Mohamed' in this post, I wouldn't have taken it serious but now Isaac... Ok now! I heard you. But don't disappoint us the way your brother, from another mother, (Lie, sorry Lai) has been lying to us, promising to pay unemployed graduates 5k monthly, food security, feeding of primary schl pupils, stable poower supply...too numerous to mention. If na the same team, Isa, (sorry Isaac) I no go heed your advice lai lai!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mrsmile441(m): 7:32am On Dec 06, 2016
Unserious Country. Other Countries are producing drugs to curtailing the menance of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Cancer etc., and this Prof. is talking about Suya and Isi ewu? How many people did you hear died from eating Suya and Esii ewu killed? Foolish Country, Foolish leaders!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Pavore9: 7:33am On Dec 06, 2016
babs50g:
@pavore9 . Ordinarily we should eat more of alkaline food than acidic food which has a good PH value . Prevention , precaution is better than cure

Unfortunately, the "warped" view of eating well is centred around the acidic foods. I personally do consume lots of fruits , vegetables and legumes . Kenyans are high on this 3, so l tapped it.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by cleavon(m): 7:34am On Dec 06, 2016
The cow that run from Lagos to Kaduna for fear of suya will return as kilishi, kilishi all the way... That minister is high on paracetamol

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 06, 2016
A professor without a google scholar page. He didn't conduct any study or made reference to any study relating to that. By their utterance you shall know them.

I Google is name and cv online but the guy has no single international publication, that says a lot about him.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mapet: 7:57am On Dec 06, 2016
dorothy111:
A professor without a google scholar page. He didn't conduct any study or made reference to any study relating to that. By their utterance you shall know them.

I Google is name and cv online but the guy has no single international publication, that says a lot about him.

Guy,

what da fvck is the rubbish you put up here? How can you be so ignorantly crude? Who has a google scholar page? Do you know the meaning of google scholar or what it is used for?

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mapet: 8:02am On Dec 06, 2016
Folks

1. The professor was addressing an intellectual audience
2. He was speaking scientifically
3. He was making references to clinically tested and certified results

unfortunately, many of lots cannot process this.....

So you get brainless submissions like

1. They want to ban Suya......
2. They want to take away our Nkwobi

Why don't many of you just waka-pass intellectual stuffs and restrict yourselves to beer-parlors and Romance section, at least that won't task and burn the "gaskets" in your brains

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mapet: 8:08am On Dec 06, 2016
dorothy111:

You are a non-starter........

[b]Scientific contributions[edit]
Adewole is one of Nigeria's most prolific writers in the medical field. He has authored over 200 scholarly articles in learned journals and over 20 books in various areas of medicine.[44] In 2005, he authored Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission of HIV in Nigeria; the book was published by the Harvard University Press. In April 2011, he made a presentation on the topic at Global Health Week at Northwestern University, Chicago.[45] In 2007, he co-authored a training manual on sexual and reproductive health and rights and HIV prevention for medical students in Nigeria. The manual is currently being used in medical colleges in Nigerian universities.[46]

He has attended over 100 scientific conferences in more than 20 countries and has presented posters and abstracts at numerous international conferences. For instance, at the International Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections organised held in 2009 in Montreal, Adewole presented his abstract on "Mother's Prophylaxis Regimen Strongly Predicts Risk of Early Mother-to-Child Transmission in Large ART Program in Nigeria".[47] In 2009, he attended the International Aids Conference held in South Africa, where he presented his abstract on the "Impact of Social Support in a PMTCT programme".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Folorunso_Adewole[48]
[/b]

I guess you must also be suffering from memory loss, cerebral palsy or outrightly dumb. You do not know that Professor Adewole was a recent VC or UI? Gawd!.............and this is one of the supposed Nigerian "yoots" that wants a shot at leadership

I still insist that

Why don't many of you just waka-pass intellectual stuffs and restrict yourselves to beer-parlors and Romance section, at least that won't task and burn the "gaskets" in your brains

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by johnsonjosbles(m): 8:29am On Dec 06, 2016
martineverest:
ur problem is ignorance
ur ignorance is ur problems
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Boyooosa(m): 8:35am On Dec 06, 2016
BarakOkenny:
OMG! I just chop suya, now, now.
And you still feel like eating more bah? Dont worry, he is a Joker!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ManMountain(m): 8:36am On Dec 06, 2016
mapet:
Folks

1. The professor was addressing an intellectual audience
2. He was speaking scientifically
3. He was making references to clinically tested and certified results

unfortunately, many of lots cannot process this.....

So you get brainless submissions like

1. They want to ban Suya......
2. They want to take away our Nkwobi

Bros, I understand what you are driving at, but in a country where the cost of recreation, overseas vacation and the basic things that make lives meaningful and bearable for a vast majority of Nigerians are way beyond their reach, where the only things that keeps them sane is little weekend socializing and football with drinks, nkowbi, suya and kilishi, then you don't expect them not to feel threatened or sentimental.
Nigerians are going through a lot of emotional stress right now occasioned by the policies of this government, so you should expect such mistrust.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Noblesoul123: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2016
ikupakuti:

If we are to conduct a survey on how many buisness ventures, dreams, jobs, lives, careers even hopes their useless policies have sent to hell...

The idiot would‘ve done a rethink before accusing innocent foods that have being around for centuries of hypertension
Abi?

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by mapet: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2016
ManMountain:

Bros, I understand what you are driving at, but in a country where the cost of recreation, overseas vacation and the basic things that make lives meaningful and bearable for a vast majority of Nigerians are way beyond their reach, where the only things that keeps them sane is little weekend socializing and football with drinks, nkowbi, suya and kilishi, then you don't expect them to not to feel threatened or sentimental.
Nigerians are going through a lot of emotional stress right now occasioned by the policies of this government, so you should expect such mistrust.

That is why I said people should understand the context. The Prof. was not making a policy statement. He was addressing a Academic/Business community. Secondly, non of these has taken away people's choices. Prof Adewole's calling is to save lives and he must do that at every platform he gets. That should not be lost on us.

Wrt situation in the country, I do not see the sustainability of solving or rather drowning our present predicament (self inflicted, i dare say) in socializing, drinks, Nkwobi, Suya and Kilishi etc.If you critically look at it, we need to be resolute and go back to work our way out of ressession. Interestingly, the cows and bulls for Suya and Kilishi still needs to be produced in larger quantity for hides-leather, Milk, Cheese, sophisticated Fura and Kunu, which are things we should consider exporting

FYI - I can die for "Asun" and "Roasted Fish"..... grin grin grin
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ehinja: 8:49am On Dec 06, 2016
This is totally not relevant at all Oga health minister.
Wetin happen to bad hospital facilities, doctors going on strike over poor wages and condition of work.
We are not lucky o as a people yet as the things our leaders dey carry for head na straw.
How many people dey fit chop suya and nkwobi like that sef because they are not really cheap as such.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ManMountain(m): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2016
mapet:

That is why I said people should understand the context. The Prof. was not making a policy statement. He was addressing a Academic/Business community. Secondly, non of these has taken away people's choices. Prof Adewole's calling is to save lives and he must do that at every platform he gets. That should not be lost on us.

Wrt situation in the country, I do not see the sustainability of solving or rather drowning our present predicament (self inflicted, i dare say) in socializing, drinks, Nkwobi, Suya and Kilishi etc.If you critically look at it, we need to be resolute and go back to work our way out of ressession. Interestingly, the cows and bulls for Suya and Kilishi still needs to be produced in larger quantity for hides-leather, Milk, Cheese, sophisticated Fura and Kunu, which are things we should consider exporting

FYI - I can die for "Asun" and "Roasted Fish"..... grin grin grin

I agree with you wholeheartedly, however you shouldn't expect a vast majority of Nigerians that depend on this form of enjoyment not to feel threatened when a high govt official tries to condemn what they've all grown up to see as good.
Anytime I travels to Abuja and get back to Lagos, the first thing people ask for and value is kilishi.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by chocolateme(f): 9:15am On Dec 06, 2016
wiringdpt:
Buhari kuku kill us nah....no one can stop me from consuming suya, nkwobi, kilishi and isi ewu. I miss my Igbo gf embarassed
u never see anything.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by kingolovich(m): 9:22am On Dec 06, 2016
I still say this that very soon doctor will tell us to eat whatever that makes us happy.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by aalangel(f): 9:46am On Dec 06, 2016
Till Jesus comes, I'll continue eating these and more...

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by chygo12: 9:48am On Dec 06, 2016
joe4real12:

the next thing na to tax the consumption of Suya!! Buhari!!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by chygo12: 9:48am On Dec 06, 2016
joe4real12:

the next thing na to tax the consumption of Suya!! Buhari!!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by glossy6(f): 9:56am On Dec 06, 2016
haibe:
Which one be ngwogo again undecided
pepper soup made from orishirishi or kayan ciki
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by enitey(f): 10:47am On Dec 06, 2016
Pavore9:
“Sadly, there is widespread low consumption of proteins, fruits and vegetables"....So true! angry angry

I still take them steadily
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Saintrae(m): 11:02am On Dec 06, 2016
joe4real12:

SMH...nobody is stopping ur enjoyment,its just an advise.We should really watch what we eat.HBP is on the raising mostly among the youth.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by austinesteve(m): 11:14am On Dec 06, 2016
Hahahahahahaha, can't stop laughing my yansh out after reading some comments here. This government have turned Nigerians to Wailers FC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Austrian Man Bitten By Albino Snake "In Genital Area" As He Sat On Toilet / Nigerian Man Drowns In Libya While Swimming In Sea (Photos) / Queen, A Flexible Girl, Dancer & Fitness Motivator With Special Skill (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.