Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,963 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:39 AM

"Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole (45743 Views)

How Imported Milk Is Killing Nigerians, Africans - Aroms Aigbehi / Arrest Defaulters Of Shisha Ban, Adewole Tells Police - Read More / Health Minister, Adewole Bans Chloroquine For Malaria Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ooshinibos: 11:18am On Dec 06, 2016
Richy4:

SUYA is red meat and Some red meats are high in saturated fat, which raises blood cholesterol. High levels of LDL cholesterol increase the risk of heart disease..

don't worry , the grilling removes the high saturated fat from the suya , those meat we buy from shoprite are the real danger , we don't even check where their imported from ...most of the suya meat are organic meat from grass fed cows
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by joe4real12: 11:20am On Dec 06, 2016
Saintrae:
SMH...nobody is stopping ur enjoyment,its just an advise.We should really watch what we eat.HBP is on the raising mostly among the youth.
They're enjoying it and discouraging us from it. Who among them them doesn't eat Suya?

This is my opinion though.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by vicben27(m): 12:01pm On Dec 06, 2016
ntin can separate me frm d love of suya! preach on let he dat as ears hear! as for me turnin on my deaf mode! dat sweet test of suya, hw i love thee
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by benn94(m): 12:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
get out!! wich kind cancer, my ground father eat suya til age 104.
your ground father eat it till age 104...while my up father eat suya til age 500
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:52pm On Dec 06, 2016
Pavore9:
“Sadly, there is widespread low consumption of proteins, fruits and vegetables"....So true! angry angry

Very true.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 1:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
yomi007k:

As in ehnn.....check out ds suya wt cold beer.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 06, 2016
Well, I am not disputing the fact that suya promotes consumption of red meat, which is not best for the body; but where is the MSG in suya and isi ewu (I don't know the process of preparing kilishi and the so-called ngwo-ngwo) coming from? Overall though, the write up serves to remind one that we are leaving healthy diets such as fruits, vegetables, proteins, etc for all these junks. From what it is, man can hardly do without MSG, and so is left with minimizing its consumption. By and large, all these processed foods are doing us a lot of harm. Nice one op cool
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
Jchi9876:
This man dey mad ooooo make i no chop ngwo-ngwo with my Red wine or my stock fish nkwobi with my palmie.

These Buharis ministers have started smoking Colombian weed

No be vegetable dey that nkwobi so?
The vegetables doesn't mean there's no MSG in it! I think the best way is to reduce the intake of such foods, thereby reducing your intake of MSG (monosodium glutamate).
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 2:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
Bro pls educate me, explain Wt u knw abt this cos u myt be doing some of us good. R u a health person
martineverest:
sometimes,i just shake my head whenever i see some people eating food with goat head as the 'piece de resistance' of the food they are eating...

Its really sad that nigerians to know how cancerous/carcinogenic 'suya' is.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Jchi9876: 2:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
TuCloz:
The vegetables doesn't mean there's no MSG in it! I think the best way is to reduce the intake of such foods, thereby reducing your intake of MSG (monosodium glutamate).

Gerrrarahia

I too sabi. My grandpa chop am till he died he died like an old war horse
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
And where is ur leg angry
Stupedinluv:
sadcry
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 06, 2016
U can giv her perpersoup wit better fish head then she fit drown am down with a cold bottle of Soyamilk(Vitamilk). She will teach u kungfu in d other room.
Maski87:
Suya and isiewu that we have been eating for the last 100 years,ok how am I suppose to entertain my girlfriend before I take her to the other room.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Brightscofild(m): 2:45pm On Dec 06, 2016
Am nt understanding...
Buhari nd his gang can neva mk Heaven, I swear.
infact, I stil dey wait mk night reach, mk i softly go my normal junction go get correct shaki.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by PresidentElect1: 5:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
datyrone:
but something must kill a man na angry
No. A man can lie on his bed. Say bye bye to his family and pass on. Something doesn't have to kill.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by datyrone(m): 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
PresidentElect1:

No. A man can lie on his bed. Say bye bye to his family and pass on. Something doesn't have to kill.

we live in a cause and effect world
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by DedeNkem: 9:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
uzolexis:

Nigerians don't eat more junk food than the west, in fact Nigerians don't consume as much red meat as they do in western countries....abeg leave matter angry

Did I say Nigeria eat more junk food than the West?
At least, in the West they've great healthcare which Nigeria lacks!
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by uzolexis(f): 9:42pm On Dec 06, 2016
DedeNkem:

Did I say Nigeria eat more junk food than the West?
At least, in the West they've great healthcare which Nigeria lacks!

ok,you have a valid point there.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by billyG(m): 3:04pm On Dec 07, 2016
martineverest:
dont u know how cancerous heating meat with charcoal is?
most thing in d air,water,soil,like plastic bottles,perfumes,canned food,insecticides,pesticides,refrigerants,hydrocarbons are cancerous,but tomatoes,ginger,pepper,cabbages & onion in suya meat are packful of anti-oxidants.
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by apollo13(m): 9:16am On Dec 08, 2016
benn94:
your ground father eat it till age 104...while my up father eat suya til age 500

My air father ate it till age 900, lol
Re: "Consumption Of Suya, Isi-Ewu, Kilisi, Ngwongwo Killing Nigerians" - Adewole by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2016
Jchi9876:

Gerrrarahia

I too sabi. My grandpa chop am till he died he died like an old war horse
Ignorrance embarassed Well, why not go and live in the village and farm like him, eating everything he ate too? The last time I checked, he wasn't exposed to the things you are exposed to now, including being on nairaland

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Austrian Man Bitten By Albino Snake "In Genital Area" As He Sat On Toilet / Nigerian Man Drowns In Libya While Swimming In Sea (Photos) / Queen, A Flexible Girl, Dancer & Fitness Motivator With Special Skill (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.