Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,367 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? (34467 Views)

MY GIRLFRIEND IS A CHRONIC LIER. HOW DO I CONFRONT HER? / Man Lies On The Floor To Propose To His Girlfriend But She Turns Him Down / Girls Masturbate Alot, They Just Hide It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Jakasibo(m): 4:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
My brother run o coz Lai Muhammed na her mentor
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by lereinter(m): 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
if she can give a good bleep retain her for that if not fire her
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Qualer: 4:27pm On Dec 07, 2016
LilChamp:

Thanks a million, we ve talked about this issue alot of times, though she keep promising not to hide things from me yet I found myself in this kind of situation.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Diplomaticbeing(m): 4:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
@OP

To err is human and to forgive is divine. For one, she's not a harden liar, that's a plus for her. And this simply means that you can condition (I didn't say control) her the way you wish her to be as a person you intends to adore, live for and with, for the rest of your life. Just imagine if she was the type that is innately a lair, I mean no amount of pressure and prosecution from you would have made her to own up, since you didn't catch her on spot of the vice. This latter type of ladies/people are harden liars and they can kill and still feign holy. Hypocrisy is evil.

Now, since you said you had been faithful to her all these years, it means that you have got the most important requisite of an attribute that a partner that longs for happy, loving and peaceful home front is expected to have. And of course, she must be committed to the relationship to make this happen. You can know if she's committed to the relationship, if she do really and genuinely cares for its continuous existence.

When the above feet is achieved, spell it out to her that the only way you can remain in the relationship and even build a future with her is, if she agrees on reciprocation of actions and inaction henceforth. . . . This shouldn't be a threat but a promise, say it and act it. Rewarding good deeds with good deeds and evil with evil. No apologies, I'm a proponent and practitioner of Newtown's third law of motion.

Ah! It's only someone who''ve achieved self-realization, and one that is of the diplomat ethical philosophy leaning that would understand my submission and be able to apply it.

A real leader is one known for always leaving any environment better than s/he met it.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by EJanni(f): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
what a contradictory world!
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by EasyMind(m): 4:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
Some Ladies Can Lie ehn!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
you know what to do bro, u just want share with us what you're going through...

I've been there before, now I'm always ready for any sh1t that comes my way..

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Since you need advice, here it goes, that a cheating lady is classified into two categories, it's either it's her nature or she doesn't want to put all her eggs in one basket, since she opened up to you, well it's up to you to find out which category she falls into,if she falls into the second category, its up to you to earn her loyalty,so she can put all her eggs in your basket, but if she falls into the fist category, then it's best you walk away

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Sholeyb: 4:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
Unfortunately, she may not be the one for you. For a relationship to succeed, both partners need to be honest and faithful to each other. Having said that; it is possible she will change when she realises the consequences of her behaviour. By this I mean, you should have a heart to heart conversation with her and tell her what you are minded to do. For instance, you may tell her that you no longer trust her and cannot continue with the relationship or tell her this is her last chance, if she gives you any cause to suspect her again, you will break up with her. I also think you need to find out why she is seeing other men, whilst I don't support her behaviour (if it is indeed true), she may be dating other men for a simple reason; she is getting from them what she is not getting from you, e.g. money. I am not saying that is a valid reason to cheat, I am merely saying sometimes working out why someone behaves in a certain way can help you in making a decision and may also help them to stop behaving in that manner. Also, I think the fact that you do not trust her will show in your behaviour to her, this could make her resentful of you. I am not saying you are unjustified in letting her know you do not trust her fully, but sometimes, this may result in a behaviour that seems controlling and stifling( like the 40 calls you made). I know you feel you love her, but honestly, in marriage love is not enough. You need trust faithfulness, companionship, friendship, support and a whole load of other things. If you take the risk in marrying her and she does not change, you will only have yourself to blame. Ultimately, it is up to you to decide what to do. You know in your heart what to do.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by krys22: 4:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
Bro just let her be, girls are kinda like the worst creations ever. Better leave now you can, cos when she leaves u, u go just die of heartbreak. Talking from experience

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Diidi(f): 4:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
shocked
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by BossOluwendy(m): 4:43pm On Dec 07, 2016
nwamehn:

So, ar u actually ready to spend ur entire life with a woman that u cannot trust? A woman that would cheat on u and would even lie to u just to be with another man? If that's the kind of life u want to give urself, go ahead and marry her, just that I somehow think u deserve far better than such life.

Bro...dump her now and dump her real quick before she breaks your heart !!!

If you don't dump her now, she'll surely dump you later...peace

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Zirah: 4:48pm On Dec 07, 2016
Why do people find it difficult to accept that their partner is cheating on them and that the stress isn't worth it? Denial? It bothers me when the truth is obvious and people still come to Nairaland to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by funkyibodude(m): 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2016
What kinda dude would call his girlfriend 40 times in this recession!! I mean op you no get hand work? You be woman wrapper undecided.
The problem here is you the op. You are the one killing yourself and your relationship, you look like a stalking creep, and you have trust issues. That is why your girlfriend keeps lying to you because you don't believe her. Look I know your kind, you care about her there's no doubt, but you are choking her with your trust issues and when guys act that way you scare your girlfriend and push them into doing irrational things, that's why you assumed that she was with a guy the night you called, and maybe she just admitted it just for peace sake. I know its difficult to comprehend with your emotions but you have to try and remove your mind over unnecessary thoughts that's eating up. Learn to ignore some of her actions and since she's just your girlfriend you are free to move on with another girl if you can handle her so called lies. She's as free as you so show some dignity please undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by bluejean(f): 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
SexyNairalander:
naija girls and lie be like

This z uncalled for

Don't jez comment becos u feel u r meant 2 say sumthn
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by alaskido(m): 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2016
Send your girlfriend to Lair Mohammed for advanced training on lying maybe she will graduate better.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by otabuko(m): 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
I'm in the same situation, mine is a five year relationship, she's serving in the North,she's been care free about calling me and all that, but nigga, zero your mind... What will be will be... I told mine to do what makes her.. If she can be heartless not to pick your call up to that amount of time, then bro, give her a break.. A broken courtship is better than a broken marriage... All the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by coolh3ad(m): 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
LilChamp:

I had to find a way to hide my identity so as to find help, if you check my profile u will noticed what I mean. Just need your advice. Don't expect you to know what m currently passing through. Thanks anyway

Bros stop acting like you don't know what to do..Ahn Ahn..Na everything dem dey bring come Nairaland...Na wa ooo

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 07, 2016
chocodaviva:

God bless u real good for ur comment
I passionately hate phone stalker
if u call me pass 3missed calls OGA I won't even pick again or call back cos it annoys me more Dan anything in dis world......
btw am Married so keep ur lashing far from me

Where is it written "thou shalt not lash the married"? grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Anderson121(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
Raine80:
If you have this much doubt should you even be considering anyting marital related? It's like walking into a cave full of hungry lions and wondering why they are eating you! Why are you setting yourself up for failure? If you have doubt then this doubt will continue into your marriage and you will be posting things a year after you get married asking for advice in regards your wife who is always messing with your head. If it's not feeling right now why are you causing yourself to be in a stressful situation? Don't quote love it's about perspectives here if things feel wrong from the beginning they are not going to improve later. You need to start seeing what's been standing in front of you for the last 4 years!
bless u sister, abeg come make me n u reason privately.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by godson4u79(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2016
Next please..... Rubbish
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by lawngmahan(m): 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2016
funny how love van make people head of heels....but wait why will u call her 40times in d first place, ladies are ygood hearted but still u must leave a little space so as not to be since as a stalker. and also it will be nice if u have a heart to heart talk with her

remember a Lil space is needed in any relationship whatsoever
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:17pm On Dec 07, 2016
emeijeh:
But i wonder how a guy would call a gal 40 times!
You go just kill yourself with heartbreak.
Haba!
Next time call her twice and rest

So u sef reason am When I was readin the stuff and got to that part I first paused for a while and was wondering why he would call for that long like say he no get work. Me as I am, I can only call twice at most like you said. Even that twice sef, I still try cos most times its only once and if she doesn't pick, I can try again in like 3 hours. No time for rubbish.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by abimic(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
What makes u even think she would accept your proposal in the first place? oga calm down, just move on before she tells u no that she can't marry u.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by mattfeuter(m): 5:24pm On Dec 07, 2016
You are a Big fool Sir! come back when you have called her 400 times and she`s still not picking. . . . . . .ode angry

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by anitank(f): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
How did you even put up with a cheat and a liar for four long years?? shocked when there are so many girls out there who can love you equally and give you peace of mind. She even admitted she didn't lose her phone and she was with another man, and you're still asking what to do shocked I am done!!!

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Homguy(m): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
LilChamp:
I am currently in a relationship of 4 years, I started dating when I was in the University then she was in 100 Level, since then alot has happened.

I remember a day when she called me that her mum sent her to give a guy who was his family friend food stuffs in his apartment, then she was staying in the school hostel and just came back from home, I later got to know she wasn't related to the guy in anyway, they were only primary school mate but she gave me that excuse in other to visit the guy in his apartment.
Alot of other lies which I can't explain all through this forum.

Now that she is currently serving far away in an eastern state, I called her this night but she wasn't picking up, also called her friend whom they stay in the same hostel but she told me she is outside and not currently in the room.

I later gave up after calling her like 40times without picking up. At around 10:00pm she flashed me with a number, when I called her back she said she misplaced her phone and she is currently looking for it, she told me she has informed the OBS crew in camp and they are making efforts in helping her recover the phone.

She later called back with her phone and informed me she has seen it that same night.
I don't know why I didn't believe her and I insisted on knowing what really happened and why she hasn't been picking my calls.

It was after she knew I wasn't ready to believe what she told me that she later opened up that she knew her phone was ringing and didn't misplaced it.

I challenged her that she must have been with a guy outside at night, though she denied it at first and later opened up that I was right.

The truth is I have been totally faithful to her and always believed she is the right girl for me.

I don't know what to do at this Junction, I really need advice because I don't know if I should still hold on or not.

Pls I need reasonable advice from mature folks
you are not important to her. if she ignores your call because she was with another dude. Then that dude means more to her than u.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by jomogua(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
Guy blames on you, how can you call a woman 40times, Mehn you know my take on this is that you made her to comfortable and she is taking advantage of that, is either you have a new girl on board so you can replace before you regret her cos I can tell you from the whole indications you just highlighted she is seeing someone else, whether they have started a relationship or not the truth based on experience is she has some other guy in line so be watchful, or better still relax your mind and worry less about her don't make her fell to important , it doesn't mean you shouldn't care and love but let there be a line in between o.k,
99% of woman take advantage of men who show 100% love , it takes only a matured woman who sees life differently to handle such.
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Frank0202: 5:37pm On Dec 07, 2016
Lol

Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by Opakan2: 5:42pm On Dec 07, 2016
Op you're single

you just don't know yet.. run for your life
Re: My Girlfriend Lies Alot, What Should I Do? by ikorodureporta: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
Can any chronic liar be changed? I hate it esp when they lie in every situation as if u'r a dllard...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Sends Shout Out To Her Boyfriend's Side Chicks On Facebook / 5 Reasons Why Nigerian Girls Date 'yahoo' Guys / Light-skinned Guys Or Dark Guys?(ladies Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.