Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage (18335 Views)

Do You Think You Are Ready For Marriage? See This / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / Are You Ready For Marriage? 15 Ways To Find Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 11, 2009
Not sure what you mean by basic necessities?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 10:45pm On Nov 11, 2009
wwheelz:

Not sure what you mean by basic necessities?

A woman wants to marry, she has no job, she is in school and yet to graduate.
Pls note that in some cases, the man has enuf money to send the woman go school oh, however, in same cases where the man is just a low salary earner, and yet the woman has no education, has no biz, no job, nothing, tell me, what is she bringing to into the marriage? just her suit case and her body?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2009
Oh, I see what you mean now.

I've always advocated marrying a woman that at least has a job even if her income is not needed to service the family bills but I would respect her regardless of if she had income or not. That's where common goals come in, both of them have to discuss and agree.

In the last couple of years, a number of women I know became stay at home moms, taking time off career work in order to dedicate that time to their kids and my spouse and I seriously considered that option at some point too.

As far as I'm concerned, if you are financially buoyant enough, you can marry a stark illiterate with no work skills as long as you are willing to share ownership 50-50 and you both enter the union with your eyes wide open.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 11, 2009
I forgot to say that I don't advocate "open-eye-poverty" the type that occurs due to a lack of planning. A low salary earner marrying a lady with no educ or employable skills is just poverty in the making, they should not be contemplating marriage unless they are willing to wait on childbearing, not bringing children into the poverty.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 11:20pm On Nov 11, 2009
Lol . . . .it is even better if a woman has a job and after starting to have kids, she is now home, if the man has enuf money to set the woman up in biz, that is ok too, but for a man to be working 2 jobs and the woman stays home to watch soap opera, i think it is ridiculous.
During a wedding ceremony, i know it is the family of the wife that takes care of the reception, so tell me how is the family of a lady that has no job and the man is the one taking car of her and her family be able to take care of the expenses of the receptions? yet the woman will give the man hell that she is ready to marriage.
How does she knows that she is ready?
I agree with you oh, open-eye poverty is a terrible thing.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 11:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
wwheelz:

As far as I'm concerned, if you are financially buoyant enough, you can marry a stark illiterate with no work skills [/b]as long as you are willing to share ownership 50-50 and you both enter the union with your eyes wide open.

[b]i believe you just typed this. Its the most moronic comment I've heard all day. No matter how rich you are, YOU SHOULD NEVER MARRY AN ILLITERATE.

and if you are soo rich, pay for her to go to school. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 11:50pm On Nov 11, 2009
@ Fhemmy

lol at working two jobs and soap opera wife. Such a guy is in serious trouble, that's another example of open-eye-poverty because watching soaps and eating go together so the more he works, the more she eats, the bigger she gets, health problems will likely set in, employment prospects dim for her. . . . . . . . . . and poverty deepens cheesy
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 11:51pm On Nov 11, 2009
^^^^^ u're probably 15 yrs old. <psscheew>
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Fhemmmy: 11:53pm On Nov 11, 2009
LOl
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by omar22(m): 12:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
QUESTION: Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage

ANSWER: When they have done a future analysis on your wealth and your potential future earnings
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Pharoh: 12:28pm On Nov 13, 2009
When she knows fully what she is getting into and she is fully equipped to make it work.

When her decision is not born out of family, societal or peer pressure.

When she finds the right person that fits into her life almost perfectly.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Teminio: 12:36pm On Nov 13, 2009
A woman should be ready for marriage when she is ready and capable of handling the challenges that comes with marriage. She need not be out of school if the man is ready and willing though it is best to be through with school first.
Interestingly, many women get carried away by societal pressure such as "my friends are getting married", "Age is not on my side", and all sort without examining themselves if truly they are psychologically and emotionally ready for the business of marriage.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by milkan05(m): 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2009
in naija, If na yoruba girl, 21 grin
if na hausa girl, 17 grin
if na IBO girl, 26 grin
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by sexyZee(f): 12:55pm On Nov 13, 2009
a woman is ready 4 marriage by d time she tinks she is ready for it,
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by r231(m): 1:25pm On Nov 13, 2009
Teminio:

A woman should be ready for marriage when she is ready and capable of handling the challenges that comes with marriage. She need not be out of school if the man is ready and willing though it is best to be through with school first.
Interestingly, many women get carried away by societal pressure such as "my friends are getting married", "Age is not on my side", and all sort without examining themselves if truly they are psychologically and emotionally ready for the business of marriage.

correct
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by dramenda(f): 1:29pm On Nov 13, 2009
many
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by r231(m): 1:34pm On Nov 13, 2009
dramenda:

many of them dont know when to

age matters alot

no man will want to start dating a lady of 27-28 cus he will feel,she would have undergone alot(hope you guyz understand what i mean),unless she is a virgin

where in the world are you going to find a 27-28 yr old virgin chick hmmmmmmmm
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 1:35pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^ this is NOT true---- @ drama

I know women who have gotten married at 35. and they met the man through an "arranged process. " like 4 months prior to the wedding---- went thru marriage counseling and all that.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by omar22(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2009
no man will want to start dating a lady of 27-28 cus he will feel,she would have undergone alot(hope you guyz understand what i mean),unless she is a virgin

So you want a girl who still want to run mileage before she settle down, am sorry thats the perfect age she would have seen it all, heart broken etc not one that still wants to party here and there
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^^^rightly said Omar.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by oolateju: 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
When her nipples don dey stand and her kitten don dey get hair. grin
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by sleak(m): 1:47pm On Nov 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Does it matter if she has the basic necessities of life?
her kitten will do just fine grin grin grin.k with something decent between the ears.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by foyeks2001(f): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
@posakosa,fhemmmmmmmmy, omar,oolateju

Schewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws for all of una

@post, yeye topic
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 2:05pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^^wetin consign posakosa for ur own now ?
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by modupsie(f): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2009
chika98:

A woman is ready for marriage when she understands what marriage is all about. When she can differentiate between being able to hold down her family and independence. She has to be able to take care of herself with or without the help of a man. Mature and wise. She has to be able to own her marriage rather than what so so so or so is doing. Marriage isn't a day at the park. Certainly cannot be rushed into or forced into either.
spot on!

the church is also guilty of the highlighted.

one of the things i hate most is when my pastor prays for "miracle husband" for single girls and make them feel if they r not married they r less of a woman even though most of them don't have anything to offer the man.
and after marriage when the"wahala' starts they would preach endurance and patience cos it's one of the fruit of the spirit undecided undecided embarassed embarassed
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
modupsie:

spot on!

one of the things i hate most is when my pastor prays for "miracle husband" for single girls and make them feel if they r not married they r less of a woman even though most of them don't have anything to offer the man.
and after marriage when the"wahala' starts they would preach endurance and patience cos it's one of the fruit of the spirit undecided undecided embarassed embarassed

hehehehehehahahahahahhahahoohhohohohohohooh   grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It funny that the pastor won't preach that they should have been patient before marriage and in searching for a partner.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by foyeks2001(f): 2:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
modupsie:

spot on!

my sister, that is it
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by asscend: 3:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
its not the church's fault. They are individuals that require that prayer. its not for every body so as a single lady if your not thinking of marriage, forget it and say amen for your sister in christ who really requires that prayer. Its not by force, for you to receive.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by bigrod1: 3:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
a woman is ready for marriage when she is 22.all these una talk of when she is matured and bull bull bull.the truth is if a woman doesn t get married b4 she is 27,it becomes very hard to do so because most men would want to marry young women.if u are one of those dat will want to enjoy life first b4 u settle down,then u better look around u and count the number of unmarried mature ladies.my cousin is a living example.when she was young,she had every guy dat saw her face in her palms.few years after, the story has changed.she has a very good job but no man.her beauty has not faded (no matter how beautiful u are,your age matters esp for women)

a man can get married anytime.yeah.anytime.but it will be very difficult for a woman to get married once she is more than 27.

those who do not agree will bombard my head with bullets
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 13, 2009
when you talk about things on women-what you get is rubbish and insults. That is why the hate issiah 4. Let's talk about how to demand from men and run them down.Equality!
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by 700john: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2009
A girl should wait till she's at least 25.

She should finish her education. Go to a university . Join the workforce. Get a steady job. Build up a reasonable savings account. Travel the world. Do cool things.
Re: When Is A Woman Ready For Marriage by posakosa(m): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2009
Believe it or not, MEN TOO EXPIRE---- esp if they are POOR and OLD.

James Bassey is an example---that men too come with expiration date. <the only women he can phuck around with are the YOUNG 18 year old Biinches> when he's phucked them, he moves on to the next 17 year old.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

And What's So Special About The Male Child? / He Sells His Wife's Chin-chin In The Office / Love Or Submission...which Should Come First In Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.