Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,792 members, 7,831,560 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Red Ashes - Literature (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Red Ashes (593868 Views)

The Ashes Of Love / Analysing Dialogue In Red Ashes By Chumzypinky / Hearts In Ashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (122) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2017
hatchetman:
omor dis nathan sha get wizdom..gels wILL neva learn.. nyc story egen..kip it goin more mb 2 ur phone..God bless ur family
and bless urs 2 hon

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Omoerelu1
mofy1
xaviercasmir
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
Cutietee
Re: Red Ashes by rachealfst(f): 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2017
War Lists
Kainene vs kaka
Kainene vs Jolade&Family
Let's see if her blood covenant will fight for her. Although she has an ally, Nathan.
Good job Chumzy.

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
Dopewoli Khalifahsparkles...
Re: Red Ashes by mofy1(f): 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky i hope this story does not send me packing grin. Have not even prepare dinner and hubby will soon be back. Anywaz it worth the attention. Thank God I didn't waka pass wen I saw it. Thumb up cool
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:39pm On Jan 07, 2017
MABEL...

I looked around my sorroundings once again. It all looked familiar to me. The green cushions, the clean black marble tiles.

Then the large queensized bed in the room they said was mine. It was large, comfy, scanty but well organised, painted in my favourite colour which was green. My favourite colour? So my favourite colour was green? How did i know? Or was my memory returning back slowly? I shook my head as Nathan helped me to the bed.

'dont bother, i can help myself!' i eyed him scornfully.

He didnt say anything. I wondered why Claire wasnt here 'where is Claire by the way?'

'she went to her mother's hotel'

'her mother's hotel? Her mum owns a hotel?'

'yes'

'okay. You can leave now. I can take care of myself' i laid on the bed and backed him.

'are you hungry?'

'no, leave....' my eyes caught the picture frame hanging on the wall. It was a picture of me and a younger version of Nathan. We both looked happy in the picture. From the picture, he should have been around 14 or 15yrs thereabout and i looked younger and healthier.

I sat up 'when was that taken?'

'what?' he followed my gaze 'oh!' he smiled 'that should be 11yrs ago'

'really?'

'yes. On my graduation - from secondary school. You were so happy and...' he stopped 'well...if you dont want it here, i could get rid of it...' he reached for it.

'no dont!' i blurted out before i could stop myself. Then i saw another picture frame on the drawer beside my bed. I reached for it. It was the both of us again. But we didnt look so happy. The picture looked like it had been forced. His lips were twisted in something that looked like irritation and i knew from the corner of my eyes that i was trying to force a smile which obviously didnt get to my eyes.

'when was this?'

'Aunt Tochi's wedding'

'who is Tochi?'

'oh!' he sighed 'your late cousin. She and her husband died in an airplane crash on their way from their honeymoon'

'thats too bad! Why would anyone have to die that way?'

He shrugged. Then he walked to my wardrobe, opened it and brought out a pink album.

'whats that?' i asked.

'your photo album...' he flipped it open, then sat beside me on the bed. I was eager to see the people in those photos.

'who is this?' i asked.

'Uncle Sly'

'who's Uncle Sly?'

'your brother...but he's late as well'

'ahn-ahn. Why is everyone late in my family?'

He chuckled. He flipped to the next.

'who's this?'

'my dad. This must be him. But you've never shown me his picture before, this is the first time i'm seeing this. But its definitely him'

'whats his name?'

'Honorable Jude Bassey...though i've only met him once'

That name rang a bell. Why did it sound so familiar?

'who are these girls girls?' i asked when he flipped to the next picture 'this were you childhood friends. Those days when we had been so close, you usually told me so much about them. I think i can at least remember their names, this is Vivian, Martha, Chichi and Sonia'

'really?'

'yeah'

'so where are they now? Dead too?'

He laughed 'i dont know. You never told me about them again. Maybe because we stopped being close'

'this particular one looks very familiar...'

'Chichi? Yeah, it seems you were particularly close to her more than the others. Though i never knew her, i never saw her'

'then she wasnt my friend! Didnt we visit each others' houses?'

He shrugged 'i dont know about that'

'show me more pictures please...'

He flipped to the next. It was the picture of a baby, a little cute baby.

'aww...who's this cutie?' i drawled.

'its me...'

'really? Were you this cute as a baby?'

'well...maybe...' he shrugged.

He showed me some other pictures. After which he proceeded to tell me the little things he knew about my family. He knew nothing about his father's family and he knew little about my family and i wondered why. Werent families supposed to know almost everything about themselves?

'i'm hungry...' i said after about two hours of just talking.

'Claire prepared some food earlier...maybe i'll microwave it for you'

'i'm not comfortable with you...please call Claire will you? I miss my daughter. And wait! Why dont i have any of her pictures here?'

'erm...thats because you recently know her. You guys havent taken any pictures yet'

'liar! You have gotten rid of her pictures because you hate her! And you dont want me to like her! You're jealous of her'

He frowned 'pardon?'

'you're nothing but a bloody psycho! How dare you! How dare you get rid of my daughter's pictures?'

'but...'

'just get out of my room. Infact, since you claim this is my house, i want you out of my house now! Immediately! I dont even want to see you here in five minutes....'

'mum...'

TBC

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 6:45pm On Jan 07, 2017
mofy1:
Chumzypinky i hope this story does not send me packing grin. Have not even prepare dinner and hubby will soon be back. Anywaz it worth the attention. Thank God I didn't waka pass wen I saw it. Thumb up cool
lol. I also hope my husband wnt send me pakin 2 oo. because i've nt even bathed the kids and he doesnt like it wen d kids do nt have dia bath wen its past 7pm
Re: Red Ashes by boladex1: 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky thanks for this update and for making time to always post an update and know that you are blessed.

However Mabel behavior is not normal anymore and his antagonist against his son now calling his son fiance will not end well. I believe she is still suffering from medical conditions.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 7:26pm On Jan 07, 2017
boladex1:
Chumzypinky thanks for this update and for making time to always post an update and know that you are blessed.
Tanx. Knw dat u're blessed too
Re: Red Ashes by xaviercasmir(m): 7:30pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Omoerelu1
mofy1
xaviercasmir
Right here ma'am.
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky:
U're rite...its a free world. Sorri if i sounded rash
Sorry it came out wrong.
Re: Red Ashes by dahmine(f): 8:14pm On Jan 07, 2017
ibullem:

hahaha... Naso cheesy cheesy
your future what is very what?
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:32pm On Jan 07, 2017
dahmine:
his future sperm is very thick and white...
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
debdave:
Sorry it came out wrong.
i'm sori it also came out wrong........
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 8:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
debdave:
Sorry it came out wrong.
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky:
lolzz. Can i get a hug then?
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
Nice update Chumzypinky, it's worth reading despite the long day. Funny enough, i am beginning to love Mabel, so cool. I however do hope she recovers soon before more harm is done.
Re: Red Ashes by dahmine(f): 8:46pm On Jan 07, 2017
nmreports:

Hmmm.
why are you hmm-ing or something got stuck in your throat. lol
Re: Red Ashes by dahmine(f): 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky:

I just didn't read this. *runs out of thread in top speed, stops " thanks for the update BTW" continue running*. phew I'm too young for talks like dis o
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:09pm On Jan 07, 2017
dahmine:

I just didn't read this. *runs out of thread in top speed, stops " thanks for the update BTW" continue running*. phew I'm too young for talks like dis o
C ur mouth! Too young indeed! Abeg make me 2 run b4 i spoil pesin pikin...
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2017
debdave:
lolzz. Can i get a hug then?
yeah yeah yeah...E-hugs honey *spreads arms apart*
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
Floxyluv:
Nice update Chumzypinky, it's worth reading despite the long day. Funny enough, i am beginning to love Mabel, so cool. I however do hope she recovers soon before more harm is done.
lol u're wierd. Wen odas were loving Mabel, u were hating her. Now pesin dey hate her u dey hate her, babe, i comot my pant 4 u
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 9:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
KAKA.

At first i didnt want to reply to his endless chats...but out of boredom, i had no choice but to do so.

I couldnt deny the fact that i still loved MozB. He was the one who deflowered me for christ sakes. He was my first love and i'd give anything to get us back.

But then, there was Xaviercasmir. And there was our traditional ceremony coming up in three fridays from now. I suddenly hated the fact that MozB came back to Nigeria. He should never have.

MOZB : Why have you been replying your chats?

ME : Because i wasnt in the mood to talk.

MOZB: Are you okay?

ME : I am, what makes you think i'm not?

MOZB : Then why did you suddenly leave just like that? You didnt even give me a chance to appreciate...

ME : Really? Give you a chance to do what? Appreciate what? Appreciate the fact that i gave you free pvssy abi?

MOZB : Ahn-ahn babe, why are you taking this personal?

ME : Of course i'm not taking it personal. Why should i? You enjoyed it as much as i did, so why should i take it personal?

MOZB : Why do i have the feeling that you're vexed?

ME : I'm not.

MOZB : Kaka, i'm sorry if you feel i took advantage of you. I shouldnt have. I regretted everything. I shouldnt have had sex with you knowing you had a fiance who you'll be getting married to soon.

ME : Why you dey beg na? No be fvck we fvck? You enjoyed it, i enjoyed it. Didnt you hear me screaming in ecstacy? I dont regret a thing Moses. I should even be the one apologising because when you were atop me, who you saw was Kainene and not Kamsi, so i should be apologising for making you sleep with me when you're clearly in love with another. That is definitely the reason you're regretting what we shared.

At this point i was shedding tears. I felt like a plaything. I felt so cheap. I felt worthless and useless.

MOZB: I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

ME : Find out about what? That you're actually in love with Kainene and you dont have the balls to tell her?

MOZB: I'm sorry.

ME : There's nothing to be sorry about. But if you truly love Kainene, then you should never have screwed her bestfriend - Me.

MOZB: That was a mistake on my part. And i just hope Kainene wont find out about it. Kaka, i trust you not to tell her that.

ME : Do you love her that much?

MOZB : I do. And much more.

At this point, i couldnt control my tears any longer. And even as i typed my reply, i kept sobbing.

ME : How long has it been?

MOZB : What?

ME : Your feelings for Nene.

MOZB : Since primary school. I started loving Nene from primary school.

ME : Meaning you didnt even love me all the while we were dating in secondary school?

MOZB : No bae, i actually loved you. I loved you in your own way. You're special in your own way Kamsi, you are unique and there's no one that can emulate you. So i loved you. But i loved her too.

ME : There was no use for those big big grammar you typed. You loved her that was it. I was never good for you.

MOZB : Kaka you're a wonderful lady and i'm sure your husband is going to appreciate you for the rest of his life.

ME : Thanks for the unwanted compliment. But let me give you a piece of info. If you think you can get Kainene now, then you're in for a big shocker. Because there's nothing you'll do thats going to make Kainene love you. She's love and dating some other guy and there's also something you might want to know.

MOZB : Nene is dating? Who is that and what is that?

ME : A certain wonderful guy called Nathaniel Imore. And guess what honey....they took a blood oath.

TBC

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Red Ashes by dahmine(f): 9:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky:

C ur mouth! Too young indeed! Abeg make me 2 run b4 i spoil pesin pikin...
lol, pls don't run in my direction o. good evening ma
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 07, 2017
Chumzypinky:
yeah yeah yeah...E-hugs honey *spreads arms apart*
Lolzz.Thanks.
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:35pm On Jan 07, 2017
dahmine:
lol, pls don't run in my direction o. good evening ma
lol, c me 4 ur bak na
Re: Red Ashes by Chumzypinky(f): 10:36pm On Jan 07, 2017
debdave:

Lolzz.Thanks.
u wlc.

Omg!! Who am i seeing? Prettyhurts? *cleans eyes wella* C my babe oo. Long tym no saw
Re: Red Ashes by nmreports: 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2017
dahmine:

why are you hmm-ing or something got stuck in your throat. lol

smiley
Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2017
You just forgot me just like that. Kai is not gooood ọoo. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you dear. I know is coming late but kukuma accept it. Was too busy to login, lemme just say iono where I even left my phone for almost 2weeks. My daughter caught a cold(cough and catarrh) na now gummy body start & mum-inlaw will not allow me to rest. Was busy cooking like mumu, smelling like firewood coupled with bad network. Came back on 23 and left immediately on 31 to my papa house,menh I can't come and die before my time. Hubby just dy pirry me o jare. How is you and family? I been think say tori e for don finish self. More ink to your biro mama three

1 Like

Re: Red Ashes by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Aunty chumzy,ure such a brilliant writer,my prayer 4 u is dat God wud give u more grace to update ooh
Re: Red Ashes by ibullem(m): 10:58pm On Jan 07, 2017
dahmine:
Chumzypinky:
[
yeee Chisos....

i am a born again somborri ooooo grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (122) (Reply)

Beauty And The Mechanic / The Devil Wears Okrika / All In A Circle.....(A crime story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.