Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,430 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s (16269 Views)

Meet Chiamaka Deborah Motilewa, 25-Year-Old Covenant University PhD Holder / Motilewa Bolanle Becomes Covenant University's Youngest Phd Holder Ever Produced / Mike Olu Akinlabi Now A PHD Holder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by directonpc(m): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2016
peacesamuel94:

So becoming a professor in the university is all that can be done with a PhD degree, really?
I only asked the question in other to find out why most PhD holders in Nigeria are usually above 40, and I initially assumed that the program will be between 1-2 years, which is why I asked just to get clarifications.

I have Other dreams bro, and becoming a PhD holder is just one of them albeit not before 30 anymore.
Ok sir. I said [maybe] become a professor sha.
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by peacesamuel94(m): 10:46am On Dec 14, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
either you have PHD or not does ot affect creativity or progresiiveness...we had a Phd president, and it didn't make him better than those without one...Phd is good,but there are far more better thigs in life one should sought for

I never said that the PhD degree is the cause of creativity, my point was that it aids creativity.
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by babyfaceafrica: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2016
peacesamuel94:

I never said that the PhD degree is the cause of creativity, my point was that it aids creativity.
how does PHD aids creativity?...
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by peacesamuel94(m): 12:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
how does PHD aids creativity?...

candidates doing their PhD are expected to submit their thesis or dissertation based on extensive research in their chosen fields.

Surely it creates a fertile ground that breeds creativity and innovation, participants are expected to Contribute something new to their chosen fields.
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by lawani: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2016
[quote author=peacesamuel94 post=51916991]

So becoming a professor in the university is all that can be done with a PhD degree, really?
I only asked the question in other to find out why most PhD holders in Nigeria are usually above 40, and I initially assumed that the program will be between 1-2 years, which is why I asked just to get clarifications.

I have Other dreams bro, and becoming a PhD holder is just one of them albeit not before 30 anymore.
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by lawani: 1:19pm On Dec 14, 2016
peacesamuel94:

It is not about length of time but what problem is solved! If you write a thesis to solve some problem today, you become a PhD, even Nobel laureatte immediately! That is the academia! It is a sector to answer questions, to proffer answers and that is what academic thesis do!
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by smashad(m): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
if it is true dat some courses dat takes five years to finish graduates you with a masters then after services one could jst go straight for phd
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by fratermathy(m): 11:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
smashad:
if it is true dat some courses dat takes five years to finish graduates you with a masters then after services one could jst go straight for phd

NO!
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by Laconfidential(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
Cindino20:

Crap...advisin someone who intend to do a doctorate to use wikipedia shocked grin cheesy.

Obviously u ve lil or no knowledge abt the subject matter.

@OP after your Bachelors ..look for a tuition free country to do your masters eg Germany..(if you ve the means go to the US) and after your masters if you make a good grade...you will get a phd offer with funding.

I will advise you not to do your graduate study in Nigeria esp as your course is research based.

..Good day "Esteemed Chemist" (@cindino20)..
....I'm looking to apply for the summer Msc chemistry programme at Ruhr university Bochum....
.......i tried sending you a pm...... Anticipating your reply as I need some first hand clarifications from your experience....... #respect...
Re: Is Becoming A Phd Holder Possible In Your 20s by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2018
Omonoba1:
yeah,,she's prof baxter grillo..To be a prof isn't just a walk in the park.. It takes time and frequent publications
Saw her, still teaching, she is so old and fragile yet still teaches in a private uni. She walks with the aid of ekieptment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Oke-ogun Polytecthnic,saki 2014/2015 Admission Processes For ND And DNP / IPPIS: ASUU Members Sneak To Register, Enrolment Hits 937,000 / Covenant University Would Produce A Nobel Laureate Before 2022 - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.