Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story (22244 Views)

Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Mentally Challenged Woman Healed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress - Autoreportng / Throwback Photo Of Adeboye At Holy Ghost Convention 29 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2016
Wadup nairalanders. I'm currently watching the ongoing convention at the comfort of my house in kaduna, and it has not been easy with my dad around. I'll be writing about my funny experiences, enjoy.

Lemme give you a little bit of intro.

My dad is an elder in Living Faith Foundation (different from living faith). My mom is a deaconess, and I attend Redeem....

My dad and I have always been at loggerheads about my spiritual life. He believes I'm spiritually cold unlike him a fire brand man, coupled with the fact that I'm not in any department in church (chairman Bench Warmers Association) and only attend Sunday service has not made things easier..

We talk about anything (politics sha) but when it comes to spiritual matters, k leg go dey.

I'm a simple Christian,I try to avoid any wrong doings (lying,stealing etc),my policy is 'witches don't disturb me nd I'll leave u alone' so we can both sleep at midnight, a win-win situation..nd I only av one girlfriend....I don't fast much,I pray few mins a week...just low-key stuff.....
Now that holy ghost convention az started,tinz az bin quite funny..lets go.

ON TUESDAY DAY ONE
The program started on Tuesday, at 8pm the TV was already on, we have this strong decoder we were watching from (the most useless decoder in the world) it has 95% of Christian channels. I was seated beside my dad on the couch in the living room. He wants to be pinching me should in case I start to doze off. But by master Jesus Grace I didn't.

I was doing okay (standing up doing prayers, jumping during worship,we even paid offering at home, mmm my papa shaa) my dad was quite impressed, for my mind I just want make time go make daddy adeboye start his sermon...

Finally daddy adeboye was on the pulpit. After his usual intro of prayers and worship, he asked to open our bibles to Joel (I can't really remember the chapter and verse). I totally screwed up when I said Joel is not in the bible na maybe daddy made a mistake. My daddy first looked at me, shook his head and told me to stand up and find the book of Joel. I started sweating. I didn't even know where to start from. I started opening my bible one by one from Genesis. Not until my dad flung sofa pillow on my face with succinct accuracy,I was stunned. He sha preached about how an elders son does not know his way around the bible. That he was ashamed, I just nodded, me that my mind was elsewhere...

He asked me to recite the books in the old and new testament. I started at genesis and stopped at Ruth then jumped to the new testament, started at Matthew and stopped at John. He was just shaking his head. Hmm..he told me to learn all the books in three days, and I must recite it to him..

Finally Daddy Adeboye was through, he started listing the 3 prayer points to seriously pray on (blood sucking demons, leakage, can't remember the 3rd one). So I used it as an avenue to win over my terrible night. So when the prayers started, I was jumping up and down.

Scabbashing, walking around, casting out evil spirit. I even prayed that a cat disturbing us at night should die. I looked at him with the corner of my eye and I saw him staring squarely at me. I just bone face and continued. When we rounded up I ran into my room immediately to avoid any other story. Did Airtel 25 naira for 500 naira sub to download the series scream queen......phew Wat a day....

Wednesday coming shortly....

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 08, 2016
Bb

1 Like

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by sweettease(f): 11:53am On Dec 08, 2016
Lol
Agbaya... You don't know where Joel is cheesy cheesy cheesy
You better goan learn it

About Scream Queens, did you see that coming? The other Green meenie shocked

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
sweettease:
Lol
Agbaya... You don't know where Joel is cheesy cheesy cheesy
You better goan learn it

About Scream Queens, did you see that coming? The other Green meenie shocked
honestly I didn't.......wu z ur fav character....mine is chanel number 5..

2 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by sweettease(f): 12:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
Jadoskii:
Mine is Chanel number 3. I really like channel number 1 AKA Chanel Oberlin, Hester, Chad and Denise also. It's just sad Chad's character has been killed, I'm glad they left room for Special Agent Denise Hemphill to return though. grin

2 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by IncredibleJoe(m): 12:14pm On Dec 08, 2016
Story story story....
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by hopefulLandlord: 12:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
sweettease:

Mine is Chanel number 3. I really like channel number 1 AKA Chanel Oberlin, Hester, Chad and Denise also. It's just sad Chad's character has been killed, I'm glad they left room for Special Agent Denise Hemphill to return though. grin

is scream queens any good?
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by sweettease(f): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

It's an insane horror comedy movie series. I really enjoy their comedic way of portraying the horrific gruesome theme but not every one will enjoy the series. It's 50/50. You either want more and more of it or find it too unrealistic. At the end, you'll have to see it to know, it's up you.

1 Like

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 12:33pm On Dec 08, 2016
sweettease:

yea really loved the Chad character ....dat dude is hilariously dumb....I quite miss Denise Hemphill...the way chanel number 5 talks just amuses me..
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I was a lil bit skeptical abt downloading the series ...Bt once I watched the first episode I fell for it....just lyk sweetease said,tis kind of a 50-50 tin...it's either u really like it or not....Bt I really think u shld go for it,ull laff ur guts out.
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by sweettease(f): 12:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
Jadoskii:
yea really loved the Chad character ....dat dude is hilariously dumb....I quite miss Denise Hemphill...the way chanel number 5 talks just amuses me..
Just as Chanel #3 amuse me, her cold nature, the way she talks, her headphones to go with every outfit cool
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 12:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
sweettease:

Just as Chanel #3 amuse me, her cold nature, the way she talks, her headphones to go with every outfit cool
yeaa...she z cold ...chanel oberlin's selfishness z adriotly directed making it so so hilarious.....chaneloween,lolll can u imagine....lovely show ,Bt I think it might get boring if it exceeds season 3..dunno
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by sweettease(f): 1:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
Jadoskii:
yeaa...she z cold ...chanel oberlin's selfishness z adriotly directed making it so so hilarious.....chaneloween,lolll can u imagine....lovely show ,Bt I think it might get boring if it exceeds season 3..dunno
I think that they were even able to pull off season 2 is brilliant.
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by herzern(m): 8:49pm On Dec 08, 2016

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by seunny4lif(m): 8:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
grin grin
Why am I laughing self
grin grin grin grin grin
I don't understand

1 Like

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by virginboy1(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
Good day House. Guys pls pray for me. I will be going to the hospital tommorrow. I think I have a problem with ma eyes. Every time i look into ma wallet, i see nothing.

66 Likes 8 Shares

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by daamazing(m): 8:51pm On Dec 08, 2016
which kind thread be this?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Pebcak: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2016
angry
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Biodunoski(m): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hmmmmnnnn....holy ghost convention you say #MoreBlessings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by austine4real(m): 8:53pm On Dec 08, 2016
ok
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by ammyluv2002(f): 8:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
daamazing:
which kind thread be this?
Church Vs Scream Queen grin

9 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by fammo: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
Morale of your epistle

2 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by lollmaolol(m): 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
Jadoskii:

Op ...you should check Bible passage on your smartphone. Daddy should not be seeing your bible study weakness in this modern age.

All the best on this day!!

1 Like

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by yomi007k(m): 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
grin

Nnna mehn from gospel to scream queen.

This guy na comedian.

3 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by fowosh: 8:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
if u don't av work to do....pls go and sleep. .and stop posting nonsense and rubbish story here

3 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by HIRAETH: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
Lol...but take the prayers seriosly'u don't know when God will decide to pick ur call
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by habayommy: 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
smiley
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by dljbd1(m): 8:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
Lolz...

Following cheesy grin
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
Instead make you dey recite bible passage you dey follow girl dey chat,wallahi your father must hear this,e go shock you say I be your neighbour ,queer asss morrachuker watching scream queen..smh

I'm heading to your house now to report.come and hold your dog.

8 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by ogaprime(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
First of all, its holy ghost congress and not holy ghost convention....

4 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
virginboy1:
Good day House. Guys pls pray for me. I will be going to the hospital tommorrow. I think I have a problem with ma eyes. Every time i look into ma wallet, i see nothing.

You again.....

I thought i told you to look in your bank account....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: I Don't Reply My Enemies Because Of This... / Lady With Speech Handicap Spotted Preaching The Gospel (Video) / Dr Benny Hinn Will Be In COZA Abuja On 1st November 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.