Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,732 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story (22263 Views)

Visa Seekers Pray With Foreign Flags At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress / Mentally Challenged Woman Healed At RCCG Holy Ghost Congress - Autoreportng / Throwback Photo Of Adeboye At Holy Ghost Convention 29 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Owojuyi(f): 2:05am On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=Jadoskii post=51739944]Wadup nairalanders. I'm currently watching the ongoing convention at the comfort of my house in kaduna, and it has not been easy with my dad around. I'll be writing about my funny experiences, enjoy.

Lemme give you a little bit of intro.

My dad is an elder in Living Faith Foundation (different from living faith). My mom is a deaconess, and I attend Redeem....

My dad and I have always been at loggerheads about my spiritual life. He believes I'm spiritually cold unlike him a fire brand man, coupled with the fact that I'm not in any department in church (chairman Bench Warmers Association) and only attend Sunday service has not made things easier..

We talk about anything (politics sha) but when it comes to spiritual matters, k leg go dey.

I'm a simple Christian,I try to avoid any wrong doings (lying,stealing etc),my policy is 'witches don't disturb me nd I'll leave u alone' so we can both sleep at midnight, a win-win situation..nd I only av one girlfriend....I don't fast much,I pray few mins a week...just low-key stuff.....
Now that holy ghost convention az started,tinz az bin quite funny..lets go.

ON TUESDAY DAY ONE
The program started on Tuesday, at 8pm the TV was already on, we have this strong decoder we were watching from (the most useless decoder in the world) it has 95% of Christian channels. I was seated beside my dad on the couch in the living room. He wants to be pinching me should in case I start to doze off. But by master Jesus Grace I didn't.

The programme started on Monday and it is congress sir. You should continue watching and claim ur blessings.

1 Like

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by SmartyPants(m): 2:15am On Dec 09, 2016
Hmmm... I find it hard to relate with men who still live with daddy and mommy these days... I just feel like, what makes you think you have the right to speak up like a man when you clearly are not yet a man?

You don't know where you stand with regards to Christianity, you are still living to please daddy on the outside but on the inside you are rebellious. Young man you either be a man and live and act like one or you act like a good lil boy while you abide with your parents.

Like Professor JohnBull would say, Over and Out!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by pofolo(m): 6:22am On Dec 09, 2016
the so called strong decoder is useless because its the nokia 3310 like ( 4652, 4663 )series u are using with one small dish.
try get strong 4950H with good dishes.....
guy you go know say strong decoder no be just by name !!!
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Luckymay(f): 6:55am On Dec 09, 2016
sweettease:
I think that they were even able to pull off season 2 is brilliant.
Please, can I have the link to download the series?
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by sweettease(f): 7:02am On Dec 09, 2016
Babysho:

Congrats. I was just jejeli passing by and you sold Scream Queens to me. Now I have to stay awake tonight.
grin grin
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Hawlahscho(m): 8:31am On Dec 09, 2016
I think the comments here have killed OP's morale grin
Nairalanders sha grin

Come to think of it...... (Not saying OP is going against religion and beliefs o)
The way people go against others' beliefs on Nairaland is now getting worse, even bro Seun is not only the CEO of Nairaland but d president of NAIRALAND ATHEISTS.

You cant post anything abt God and go scot-free sad

I just hope ________________ lipsrsealed

Dont let me say it embarassed
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by fm4real2k6(m): 9:46am On Dec 09, 2016
Jadoskii:
honestly I didn't.......wu z ur fav character....mine is chanel number 5..

Now I known the reason why

But #3Gbosa for your Dad!.
You will soon be a daddy one day and maybe you will understand.

1 Like

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by sweettease(f): 10:04am On Dec 09, 2016
Luckymay:

Thanks
you are welcome
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Tonyosas101(m): 10:34am On Dec 09, 2016
Someborri should please mention me when the OP release another update
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 11:13am On Dec 09, 2016
DAY 2 WEDNESDAY

After downloading episode 7 and 8 of scream queens,season 2 episode 3 of 'the librarians', some tutorials on 3dsmax rigging, completed the design of a 5 bedroom duplex my dad's friend asked then Did a little bit binary trading.i slept few mins going to 4am.....
After the morning devotion ,I went to the orchad in our backyard to wet the nuts...
Remember I said I prayed that the cat disturbing us shld die the previous day with serious scabbashing and jumping up.well I saw a big cat in its own blood, dead as a door nail on the ground....

In my mind i was like ,yessss I knew it ,I knew I ad a special anointing,'damn u SATAN,I'm special,I blurted out...I started speaking in tongues I learnt from alagba Moses(when I attended the apostolic church years before)..I rushed to popman saying, 'popsy popsy' GOD is indeed a great God...he spent the first five minutes rebuking me for calling him popsy,says calling him daddy will do just fine...

On taking him and momsy to the remains of the feline creature,I excitedly recounted Aw I fired the cat with my heavy duty prayer points,I was feeling myself seriously..and then my parents just had to hit my supposed anointing with a sledge hammer making me doubt my own anointing with what they said next (who can blame them I'm not a firebrand christain)...
Popman said he recorded himself praying against every blood sucking demon and any possessed animal parading the entirety of nnpc quarters...so I know that there is evidence...
Momsy said she put out a very deadly poison for the cat to eat,nd was thanking God the cat ate it...in my mind I was like 'hello didn't u hear Wat I said I prayed about' na me kill the cat...
It was like a battle..like(wuz action killed the cat)at least that's what I thought...I thought this was my bragging right until they just took my beautiful moment away from me........we prayed and burnt the cat

As usual 8pm .....we were around the tv..I made sure not to sit beside dad this time around,Bt I was still within pillow throwing distance...After the Usual dancing ,jumping up,rolling on the floor ...nepa interrupted the power supply..I rushed to put on the gen as dad was on my neck to hurry up....by the time I came back I just sat down (I was tired from all the jumping up and down I did,besides I was up all night downloading)...I started dozing off,popman flung a pillow missile at me but missed ,I felt the cold air whiz by my cheek...I sat up properly ,looked at him and smiled coyly,he smiled back,(As if we were in a scene from Tom and Jerry).....within few minutes I was into dream land,nd I suddenly felt cold water hit me square in the face,popman threw satchet water...he smiled at me,I forced a fake smile back...few Mins later I went out to ease the drowsiness then my leg hit the gen wire.damnn as if my nite couldn't be any worse 'my dad might think i did it intentionally'.After dealing with the probs I went inside ,to see popman screaming blood of Jesus,the network was out,the channel was scrambled...the next thing he said was...'iwo omo yii,oti je ki esu lo e'..meaning 'u this child u av allowed the devil to use u.'not seriously though...it came back almost immediately nd I was saved further backlash...

After listening to a powerful sermon,sleep came again, twas ard 10.30 pm...I went into my room(tis ensuite) so I locked myself in the bathroom folded my towel into a pillow ,sharply checked what real Madrid was playing ..(ohhh ronaldo didn't score again) i dropped my htc and started to doze off in my bathtub...few mins later..I could hear popman jerk open my bedroom door.he called out to me..when I answered from my bathroom he went back....a sigh of relief escaped my throat ...I told my self in 15mins I will be out,make I just sleep small....

I woke up rinsed my face opened ,silently practicing the tongues I will speak once I get to the living room ,then opened my bathroom door...
IT WAS MORNING ALREADY...'DAMN YOU SATAN' I blurted out.popman sent me a whatsapp video of daddy's sermon,I was to jot down points and show him upon his return..

Thursday coming shortly..
Can't believe I made fp , almost 2yrs...

3 Likes

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 11:15am On Dec 09, 2016
ndcide:
Very silly thread from a silly poster.

If you don't want to be a Christian, don't be a Christian, don't come and make mockery of yourself on nairaland. Choose you who you want to serve and live by the principles.

In occultism you wouldn't do what you are doing, you'll follow it deeply and through. Coming online to display hypocrisy is disgusting and it is done through the spirit of the anti christ.

You need to be saved. There's no in between. Who do you think would be happy with this your thread, God or the devil. Be the judge.
I understand

1 Like

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 11:16am On Dec 09, 2016
XtremelyCoded:
Lol Epic...
It is called Holy Ghost Congress egbon!
And it started on monday not tuesday.. Tuesday is actually Day 2..
Shalom!
talking abt wen I started baba
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by oladipo322(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2016
Jadoskii:
DAY 2 WEDNESDAY

After downloading episode 7 and 8 of scream queens,season 2 episode 3 of 'the librarians', some tutorials on 3dsmax rigging, completed the design of a 5 bedroom duplex my dad's friend asked then Did a little bit binary trading.i slept few mins going to 4am.....
After the morning devotion ,I went to the orchad in our backyard to wet the nuts...
Remember I said I prayed that the cat disturbing us shld die the previous day with serious scabbashing and jumping up.well I saw a big cat in its own blood, dead as a door nail on the ground....

In my mind i was like ,yessss I knew it ,I knew I ad a special anointing,'damn u SATAN,I'm special,I blurted out...I started speaking in tongues I learnt from alagba Moses(when I attended the apostolic church years before)..I rushed to popman saying, 'popsy popsy' GOD is indeed a great God...he spent the first five minutes rebuking me for calling him popsy,says calling him daddy will do just fine...

On taking him and momsy to the remains of the feline creature,I excitedly recounted Aw I fired the cat with my heavy duty prayer points,I was feeling myself seriously..and then my parents just had to hit my supposed anointing with a sledge hammer making me doubt my own anointing with what they said next (who can blame them I'm not a firebrand christain)...
Popman said he recorded himself praying against every blood sucking demon and any possessed animal parading the entirety of nnpc quarters...so I know that there is evidence...
Momsy said she put out a very deadly poison for the cat to eat,nd was thanking God the cat ate it...in my mind I was like 'hello didn't u hear Wat I said I prayed about' na me kill the cat...
It was like a battle..like(wuz action killed the cat)at least that's what I thought...I thought this was my bragging right until they just took my beautiful moment away from me........we prayed and burnt the cat

As usual 8pm .....we were around the tv..I made sure not to sit beside dad this time around,Bt I was still within pillow throwing distance...After the Usual dancing ,jumping up,rolling on the floor ...nepa interrupted the power supply..I rushed to put on the gen as dad was on my neck to hurry up....by the time I came back I just sat down (I was tired from all the jumping up and down I did,besides I was up all night downloading)...I started dozing off,popman flung a pillow missile at me but missed ,I felt the cold air whiz by my cheek...I sat up properly ,looked at him and smiled coyly,he smiled back,(As if we were in a scene from Tom and Jerry).....within few minutes I was into dream land,nd I suddenly felt cold water hit me square in the face,popman threw satchet water...he smiled at me,I forced a fake smile back...few Mins later I went out to ease the drowsiness then my leg hit the gen wire.damnn as if my nite couldn't be any worse 'my dad might think i did it intentionally'.After dealing with the probs I went inside ,to see popman screaming blood of Jesus,the network was out,the channel was scrambled...the next thing he said was...'iwo omo yii,oti je ki esu lo e'..meaning 'u this child u av allowed the devil to use u.'not seriously though...it came back almost immediately nd I was saved further backlash...

After listening to a powerful sermon,sleep came again, twas ard 10.30 pm...I went into my room(tis ensuite) so I locked myself in the bathroom folded my towel into a pillow ,sharply checked what real Madrid was playing ..(ohhh ronaldo didn't score again) i dropped my htc and started to doze off in my bathtub...few mins later..I could hear popman jerk open my bedroom door.he called out to me..when I answered from my bathroom he went back....a sigh of relief escaped my throat ...I told my self in 15mins I will be out,make I just sleep small....

I woke up rinsed my face opened ,silently practicing the tongues I will speak once I get to the living room ,then opened my bathroom door...
IT WAS MORNING ALREADY...'DAMN YOU SATAN' I blurted out.popman sent me a whatsapp video of daddy's sermon,I was to jot down points and show him upon his return..

Thursday coming shortly..
Can't believe I made fp , almost 2yrs...
Nice 1.... waiting for the next episode
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by aalangel(f): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
Mtchewwww...
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
virginboy1:
Good day House. Guys pls pray for me. I will be going to the hospital tommorrow. I think I have a problem with ma eyes. Every time i look into ma wallet, i see nothing.
buy a new wallet perhaps the old one has been leaking, prayer finished, shout Amen! grin
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by kagel: 12:24pm On Dec 09, 2016
Jadoskii:
Wadup nairalanders. I'm currently watching the ongoing convention at the comfort of my house in kaduna, and it has not been easy with my dad around. I'll be writing about my funny experiences, enjoy.

Lemme give you a little bit of intro.

My dad is an elder in Living Faith Foundation (different from living faith). My mom is a deaconess, and I attend Redeem....

My dad and I have always been at loggerheads about my spiritual life. He believes I'm spiritually cold unlike him a fire brand man, coupled with the fact that I'm not in any department in church (chairman Bench Warmers Association) and only attend Sunday service has not made things easier..

We talk about anything (politics sha) but when it comes to spiritual matters, k leg go dey.

I'm a simple Christian,I try to avoid any wrong doings (lying,stealing etc),my policy is 'witches don't disturb me nd I'll leave u alone' so we can both sleep at midnight, a win-win situation..nd I only av one girlfriend....I don't fast much,I pray few mins a week...just low-key stuff.....
Now that holy ghost convention az started,tinz az bin quite funny..lets go.

ON TUESDAY DAY ONE
The program started on Tuesday, at 8pm the TV was already on, we have this strong decoder we were watching from (the most useless decoder in the world) it has 95% of Christian channels. I was seated beside my dad on the couch in the living room. He wants to be pinching me should in case I start to doze off. But by master Jesus Grace I didn't.

I was doing okay (standing up doing prayers, jumping during worship,we even paid offering at home, mmm my papa shaa) my dad was quite impressed, for my mind I just want make time go make daddy adeboye start his sermon...

Finally daddy adeboye was on the pulpit. After his usual intro of prayers and worship, he asked to open our bibles to Joel (I can't really remember the chapter and verse). I totally screwed up when I said Joel is not in the bible na maybe daddy made a mistake. My daddy first looked at me, shook his head and told me to stand up and find the book of Joel. I started sweating. I didn't even know where to start from. I started opening my bible one by one from Genesis. Not until my dad flung sofa pillow on my face with succinct accuracy,I was stunned. He sha preached about how an elders son does not know his way around the bible. That he was ashamed, I just nodded, me that my mind was elsewhere...

He asked me to recite the books in the old and new testament. I started at genesis and stopped at Ruth then jumped to the new testament, started at Matthew and stopped at John. He was just shaking his head. Hmm..he told me to learn all the books in three days, and I must recite it to him..

Finally Daddy Adeboye was through, he started listing the 3 prayer points to seriously pray on (blood sucking demons, leakage, can't remember the 3rd one). So I used it as an avenue to win over my terrible night. So when the prayers started, I was jumping up and down.

Scabbashing, walking around, casting out evil spirit. I even prayed that a cat disturbing us at night should die. I looked at him with the corner of my eye and I saw him staring squarely at me. I just bone face and continued. When we rounded up I ran into my room immediately to avoid any other story. Did Airtel 25 naira for 500 naira sub to download the series scream queen......phew Wat a day....

Wednesday coming shortly....

YOU FUNNY SHAA!!! AND ARE BIBLICALLY MUGU, YOUR BIBLE DID NOT HAVE CONTENTS, AND MY ADVICE TO YOU IS THIS, YOU SHOULD STOP PRACTICING SUGAR COURTED CHRISTAINITY OF YOURS, YOU ARE JUST A BABY CHRISTAIN THAT HAS GOLDLY PARENTS , CHAYI GROW UP STORY TELLER, JESUS IS WEEPING BECAUSE OF CHRISTAINS LIKE .
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 1:40pm On Dec 09, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Someborri should please mention me when the OP release another update
e Don land o
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by homesteady(m): 3:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
Why are people hating on his story na?

1 Like

Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by tmxme(m): 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
Baba, you are possessed
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2016
tmxme:
Baba, you are possessed
baws calm down naw.....I'm just a babe in Christ.....which wan be curse..
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by tmxme(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
Jadoskii:
baws calm down naw.....I'm just a babe in Christ.....which wan be curse..
As a Christian, you have to turn your left cheek. Lesson one.
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jadoskii(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
SmartyPants:
Hmmm... I find it hard to relate with men who still live with daddy and mommy these days... I just feel like, what makes you think you have the right to speak up like a man when you clearly are not yet a man?

You don't know where you stand with regards to Christianity, you are still living to please daddy on the outside but on the inside you are rebellious. Young man you either be a man and live and act like one or you act like a good lil boy while you abide with your parents.

Like Professor JohnBull would say, Over and Out!
Abt living wif ma parents u av no right to judge..as u don't know the reason y....

I'm not rebellious(I'm just not the type that goes to the mountain,dry fast) nd I'm working on that.I'm just trying to be lyk my dad,but it's quite difficult trying to change what ure used to,it takes constant prayers and dedication which I am doing...
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Tonyosas101(m): 3:52pm On Dec 09, 2016
Jadoskii:
e Don land o
Thanks bro
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Tonyosas101(m): 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
You got me laughing... More ink to your pen cheesy
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Jclement(m): 8:18am On Dec 10, 2016
the pure water part made me laugh hard..
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by Qualer: 11:37am On Dec 10, 2016
kwencypresh:

shocked shocked ..so you haff born pikin!? shocked shocked
Re: On Going Holy Ghost Convention. My Kinda Funny Story by kwencypresh(f): 1:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Qualer:

shocked shocked ..so you haff born pikin!? shocked shocked
Yes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: I Don't Reply My Enemies Because Of This... / Why Do You Always Sleep In Church? / Woman Rains Curses On Another Lady For Not Believing Her Pastor's Miracle.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.