Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL (5398 Views)

COVID-19: Christ Embassy Church Shut Down In Akwa Ibom State / The Coronavirus: When God Goes Awol / When A Child Of God Goes Back Into Sin... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by OgundeleT(m): 4:51pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ferruccio:
You seem really upset and broken. Have you lost a family member?
upset? to inexistence? what am inferring here is that calamity befall anybody irrespective of his/her believe, it is just random selection and there is no deity anywhere that can save anybody. almost everybody on earth has lost at least a family member to tragedy before.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
Plappvillemoi:

I can understand you are disappointed in him because your value system does not lines up with His. Its making no sense givig you scriptures. You have sealed your mind.

Only terrorists have similar value system with the biblical god.

2 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by OgundeleT(m): 4:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
Plappvillemoi:

Is God also responsible for the plane Crash in Brazil? Common? You dont blame him for your calamities. Search your heart instead.
inexistence god cant be responsible.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

What exactly the fxxx do we have more than 100,000 churches in Nigeria for ?
What do Pentecostal charlatans like Adeboye, Oyedepo, Oyaks, Okotie, Okonkwo ,TB clown Joshua and all other PFN fraudsters sell to the gullible public for filthy lucre ?
Is it not blessings and protection from the unknown ?

I am not tha type of Christian who follow pastors. I study my bible and do good to people. Am not perfect but am God loving. I hate injustice. Nigeria Christians who purchase thier products are been ignorants. Jesus gave freely. He never asked for money. Anyone who sell CDs Bibles or olive oil is not Been Christ-Like.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 4:58pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

Only terrorists have similar value system with the biblical god.

No.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ferruccio(m): 5:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
Why do buildings collapse all the time in Nigeria?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by skeendyke: 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
So you think a collapsed building is an 'accident'. My God!!!

WIKIPEDIA

An accident, also known as an unintentional injury, is an undesirable, incidental and unplanned event that could have been prevented had circumstances leading up to the accident been recognized, and acted upon, prior to its occurrence. Most scientists who study unintentional injury avoid using the term "accident" and focus on factors that increase risk of severe injury and that reduce injury incidence and severity (Robertson, 2015).

something bad that happens that is not expected or intended and that often damages something or injures someone
http://dictionary.cambridge.org

An unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com

With your train of endless blunders go and re-study the English Language from the scratch.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Ranchhoddas: 5:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
skeendyke:

With your train of endless blunders go and re-study the English Language from the scratch.
Na wa o. You go copy wikipedia come. Please tell me the last time an 'accident' of this nature occurred in the United States. Or are these kinds of accidents restricted to third world countries?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
Ferruccio:
Why do buildings collapse all the time in Nigeria?

Good question. And its very Strange is affecting churches now. Pastors hid money in thier bank account and build their church with very local materials.

A way to economies a money they didnt work for.
In the Bible the house is God was built with very precious stones. Why not follow same example. Anyway, everyone will die at an appointed time. But we shouldnt invite sudden death with our carelessness.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by akintom(m): 7:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:
Once again, tens of people have their heads smashed into pieces by a falling Church building.
If they are not being trampled to death at religious crusades, they are being smashed to pieces by falling Church buildings.

Where was god in all these tragedies ?

Are these not proof that religious worship is not only a terrible waste of precious time, but an ongoing health and safety hazard ?

I mean, what a terrible Irony, a very very sad and pathetic one.

It means, and again, ought to invoke and agitate our Common sense that the laws of physics transcend way above god and the notion of god,.., and that god, despite all the claims of imaginary omni omniness, is itself subordinate and subservient to the immutable laws of physics.

It's another confirmation of how grand the delusion, induced by religion.

Check these folks out tomorrow, you will find them gathered under worst death trap church building.

You know what they will say? god forbid.

Again, the height of this delusion will be, the testimony time, at this same collapsed church. Somebody is going to ask the others to shout seven hallelujah to god for saving her or him, from the tragedy.

It's a pathetic pity.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

They have all gone AWOL.

Kingebukasblog, where was your god ?
undecided

I'm not sure what they teach in other churches but in my church we are taught we should be prepared at all times because death could come to anyone when his time comes.

You continue experiencing God's divine protection till your time comes . Trust me , some of those people may have been in life threatening situations in the past but came out unscathed .

Take a look at Paul the Apostle sir. He was bitten by a viper but God rescued him

Acts 28:3-6
3 When Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and put them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat and fastened on his hand. 4 When the native people saw the creature hanging from his hand, they said to one another, “No doubt this man is a murderer. Though he has escaped from the sea, Justice[a] has not allowed him to live.” 5 He, however, shook off the creature into the fire and suffered no harm. 6 They were waiting for him to swell up or suddenly fall down dead. But when they had waited a long time and saw no misfortune come to him, they changed their minds and said that he was a god.

The same Apostle Paul faced other life threatening situations but came out unscathed

2 Corinthians 11:25-27
25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; 26 on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; 27 in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food,[a] in cold and exposure.

But when his time was up , what happened ? He was possibly beheaded though the bible was silent on how Paul died . But decapitation was the common punishment at that time in Roman to people who opposed their gods , the Roman gods .

The same terrible deaths happened to Stephen , to Peter , to Bartholomew , to James , to Matthew but that's not important . What's important is the salvation of the believer . Not spending 100 years on earth and then suffering for eternity in hell . Where they born again ? Where they saved ? What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his own soul ? Answer me ? A word to the wise is enough .

May the souls of the dead rest in perfect peace and may God give their families the fortitude to bear the loss . cry

Amen .
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by plaetton: 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm not sure what they teach in other churches but in my church we are taught we should be prepared at all times because death could come to anyone when his time comes.

You continue experiencing God's divine protection till your time comes . Trust me , some of those people may have been in life threatening situations in the past but came out unscathed .

Take a look at Paul the Apostle sir. He was bitten by a viper but God rescued him

3 When Paul had gathered a bundle of sticks and put them on the fire, a viper came out because of the heat and fastened on his hand. 4 When the native people saw the creature hanging from his hand, they said to one another, “No doubt this man is a murderer. Though he has escaped from the sea, Justice[a] has not allowed him to live.” 5 He, however, shook off the creature into the fire and suffered no harm. 6 They were waiting for him to swell up or suddenly fall down dead. But when they had waited a long time and saw no misfortune come to him, they changed their minds and said that he was a god.

The same Apostle Paul faced other life threatening situations but came out unscathed

25 Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked; a night and a day I was adrift at sea; 26 on frequent journeys, in danger from rivers, danger from robbers, danger from my own people, danger from Gentiles, danger in the city, danger in the wilderness, danger at sea, danger from false brothers; 27 in toil and hardship, through many a sleepless night, in hunger and thirst, often without food,[a] in cold and exposure.

But when his time was up , what happened ? He was possibly beheaded though the bible was silent on how Paul died . But decapitation was the common punishment at that time in Roman to people who opposed their gods , the Roman gods .

The same terrible deaths happened to Stephen , to Peter , to Bartholomew , to James , to Matthew but that's not important . What's important is the salvation of the believer . Not spending 100 years on earth and then suffering for eternity in hell . Where they born again ? Where they saved ? What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and lose his own soul ? Answer me ? A word to the wise is enough .

May the souls of the dead rest in perfect peace and may God give their families the fortitude to bear the loss . cry

Amen .
What manner of rubbish is this ? shocked

So god protects his faith,.. until death comes in the form of a church building crushing their skulls ?

This is entirely new to me. grin
So, Christians pray to and give endless supplications to god to protect them from all..(? ), Until such a time that danger and calamity come falling down their skulls ?

This is a mighty interesting new doctrine.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by mrmrmister: 11:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

So god protects his faith,.. until death comes in the form of a church building crushing their skulls ?

So, Christians pray to and give endless supplications to god to protect them from all..(? ), Until such a time that danger and calamity come falling down their skulls ?

Lmfao grin grin
I told you they have a funny way of reasoning grin

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by akintom(m): 11:12pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

You know this Jewish doG is such a mischievous pet.

It claims it can prevent death, but when death strikes, this pet immediately claimed it ordained the death.

No prayer stops anything, they are just satisfying their hook on religious blues.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Plappvillemoi(f): 11:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
mrmrmister:

Lmfao grin grin
I told you they have a funny way of reasoning grin

Maybe its because you have a funny way of reading US undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2016
plaetton:

When they tell people to stop going to road side churches they won't listen . Worship God in bible believing churches to understand the true word of God , they won't listen .

How is this a new doctrine ?

In the Lord's Chosen , the greatest miracles happen there . But the Pastor still tells you to be prepared for you don't know when your time would come .

Death now matter how it comes is a part of life.

Looks like the atheists who think life is meaningless and ask humans to go extinct are more scared of death than Christians they mock and excoriate . undecided
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
The news of the tragedy shook me mightily. So not even one of the prophets had a premonition about the tragic event before it occurred?

This was what I talked about 4 days ago, that God can't be trusted. A deal with God is as unpredictable as gambling and worse than trusting an invalid in the care of a quack doctor ( at least the quack doctor would make an attempt).

I give up on God!

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
NinjaX:
The news of the tragedy shook me mightily. So not even one of the prophets had a premonition about the tragic even before it occurred?

I give up on God!

Which God ? The Personal or Impersonal God ? To the deists , you are wasting your time if you think God would intervene . To the Christians , they have gone to meet their creator or the land of the dead -sheol - and would resurrect with glorified bodies on the last day . To those who believe in reincarnation like some Christians , their souls have gone to meet God and they would return to earth with new bodies much much later .

Learn to see things from different perspectives . wink

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by hopefulLandlord: 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
NinjaX:
The news of the tragedy shook me mightily. So not even one of the prophets had a premonition about the tragic even before it occurred?

I give up on God!

god was probably too busy watching in anger as people fornicate, eat shellfish and everyone wearing garment made of two different kinds of fabric

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Nobody: 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Which God ?
The Personal or Impersonal God ?[/b]

The one who craves suya aka the bible god.

To the deists , you are wasting your time if you think God would intervene.
Of course he would not because he is just a fantasy. Or perharps a cruel being.

To the Christians , they have gone to meet their creator or the land of the dead -sheol - and would resurrect with glorified bodies on the last day . To those who believe in reincarnation like some Christians , their souls have gone to meet God and they would return to earth with new bodies much much later .

Learn to see things from different perspectives . wink
Jeez! Why are you coming up with explanations for your incompetent God when you should be confronting the ineffectual entity? I believed this people prayed before they left home, but why did their prayers refuse to work?

They have gone to a much better place? So you are basically saying mankind is worthless cause that's what your post intepretes?

This is beyond pathetic. Weren't you the one admonishing grizlybear for holding on to nihilistic ideologies when you aren't any better?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
NinjaX:

The one who craves suya aka the bible god.

Of course he would not because he is just a fantasy. Or perharps a cruel being.

Jeez! Why are you coming up with explanations for your incompetent God when you should be confronting the ineffectual entity? I believed this people prayed before they left home, but why did their prayers refuse to work?

They have gone to a much better place? So you are basically saying mankind is worthless cause that's what your post intepretes?

This is beyond pathetic. Weren't you the one admonishing grizlybear for holding on to nihilistic ideologies when you aren't any better?

Oh well ...

Matthew 7:6
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 11, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

god was probably too busy watching in anger as people fornicate, eat shellfish and everyone wearing garment made of two different kinds of fabric

Lol. I no fit laugh...... And he was also adding and updating the names of these people to his hellfire list.

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 11, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh well ...

Matthew 7:6
6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
Are you really human, or a programmed robot?

And you told another disgraceful lie, in that other thread, when you asserted that God became angry with Samson just because he sought the affair of a woman from the enemy territory .

The bible made it quite clear that God was the one leading samson to delilah just so he could get even with them.
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:52pm On Dec 11, 2016
NinjaX:

Are you really human, or a programmed robot?

And you told another disgraceful lie, in that other thread, when you asserted that God became angry with Samson just because he sought the affair of a woman from the enemy territory .

The bible made it quite clear that God was the one leading samson to delilah just so he could get even with them.

undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by MrMontella(m): 12:03am On Dec 12, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Na wa o. You go copy wikipedia come. Please tell me the last time an 'accident' of this nature occurred in the United States. Or are these kinds of accidents restricted to third world countries?
baba abeg forget the guy
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by MrMontella(m): 12:04am On Dec 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Amen .
another nonsense!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:05am On Dec 12, 2016
MrMontella:

another nonsense!

Shut up .
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by MrMontella(m): 12:07am On Dec 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Shut up .
Go and sleep grin
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:11am On Dec 12, 2016
MrMontella:

Go and sleep grin

Polydeist grin
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Nobody: 12:11am On Dec 12, 2016
NinjaX:
The news of the tragedy shook me mightily. So not even one of the prophets had a premonition about the tragic event before it occurred?

This was what I talked about 4 days ago, that God can't be trusted. A deal with God is as unpredictable as gambling and worse than trusting an invalid in the care of a quack doctor ( at least the quack doctor would make an attempt).

I give up on God!

Bullseye! grin

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

undecided
Ain't you gonna dispute that?
Re: Akwa Ibom State Tragedy: When God Goes AWOL by Nobody: 12:27am On Dec 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

undecided
Ain't you gonna dispute that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Need To Avoid Deliverance Ministries / The Angelus in Audio and Video / Pastor Claimed He Went To Heaven. See The Heavenly Photos He Took(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.