Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,852 members, 7,828,080 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (39618 Views)

Poll: And the sole ticket goes to?

Nigeria: 70% (39 votes)
Tunisia: 29% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Gekko(m): 5:12pm On Nov 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

FBS, letz be honest with ourselves.

Amodu lacks tactical nous to take us to the world cup.
Trust me, there are many brilliant managers jobless in Europe as we speak.
Juande Ramos, Felipe Scolari, Avram Grant, Louis van Gaal and a host of others will be dying to take the job from NFA.

If we get the right manager, we should be OKAY.

I think we need a manager thats going to begin work immediately, most importantly, the core of the team should be home based players that are hungry and skillful.  Certain players like Peter, Martins, and Mikel can be included.

What a game,  I am rubbing my ears saying woosah after all that high blood pressure!!   grin
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by phuckNL: 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2009
Now that we have qualified, Can we please sack AMODU and get a FOREIGN COACH. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by youngbest(m): 5:13pm On Nov 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Juande Ramos, Felipe Scolari, Avram Grant, Louis van Gaal and a host of others will be dying to take the job from NFA.

JUande ramos  grin grin avram grant tongue  louis van gaal tongue tongue  scolari tongue tongue lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry cryif i see avram grant posting his CV
at abuja i go turn suicide bomber,
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Jairzinho(m): 5:17pm On Nov 14, 2009
Amodu qualified for the World Cup & he MUST take the team to the world cup.

Lets stop all these nonsense.

Its only nigeria that will give a coach,a world cup ticket free of any effort.

If he needs the WC to learn a thing or 2 then so be it. . . nobody's saying Nigeria will win the WC,or is anybody under any such illusions? undecided
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 5:18pm On Nov 14, 2009
mike oscar:

Let FBS be, at least water is safer grin grin
abi oo!  cheesy For a non drinker, wetin man go do. Ok let me switch to REDBULL!  cheesy

in me:

@FBS

give me chance na shoooooooooooo
hahaha. . .oya say sorry to the SE of Nigeria!  grin

~Sauron~:

Sauron, I completely agree with you that Amodu ain't no "good" coach and I think I said this earlier.
The problem is Juande Ramos gets fired faster than anything.  Felipe Scolari?  lipsrsealed
LvG may be on his way out of naziMunchen!
So you see, yes we need a very good coach with his mind on the job and not just to make money. Someone with Nigeria in his heart! If only we could get Jose M. He has Africa in his blood.  cheesy
Question is WHO?

And more importantly, the core of our team should be home based.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by blackmann(m): 5:19pm On Nov 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

Amodu qualified for the World Cup & he MUST take the team to the world cup.

Lets stop all these nonsense.

Its only nigeria that will give a coach,a world cup ticket free of any effort.

If he needs the WC to learn a thing or 2 then so be it. . . nobody's saying Nigeria will win the WC,or is anybody under any such illusions? undecided

i just pray we dont disgrace ourselves there.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by abhosts(m): 5:24pm On Nov 14, 2009
People calling for a new coach have not learned anything from the Onigbinde debacle in 2002. I dont think amodu is the best Nigeria can offer, in terms of football coaching but it will be very unfair to sack him now. No foreign coach can succeed under the current administration of the NFF. The coach will probably abandon the team a few days before the world cup begins due to "delayed payment of allowances". He should at least enjoy the fruit of his labour.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sauron1: 5:26pm On Nov 14, 2009
FBS:

Sauron, I completely agree with you that Amodu ain't no "good" coach and I think I said this earlier.
The problem is Juande Ramos gets fired faster than anything.  Felipe Scolari?  lipsrsealed
LvG may be on his way out of naziMunchen!
So you see, yes we need a very good coach with his mind on the job and not just to make money. Someone with Nigeria in his heart! If only we could get Jose M. He has Africa in his blood.  cheesy
Question is WHO?

And more importantly, the core of our team should be home based.

It's a world cup year. Many of these European managers know jobs are abound in Africa.
I cannot see Amodu outfoxing Capello, Hiddink or Dunga in South Africa with his moronic tactics and technical nous.

NFA/NFF need to act fast and get a manager as early as next month to start working on the team.
With good preparation and the right mentality, we can at least be like Senegal in Japan/Korea 2002.

Let the NFA also assess this new manager in the next Nations Cup to ascertain his competence.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by elegal1(f): 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2009
aah, amoudu shauibu, no way, we don't want any high blood pressure for the older ones, @ least they should hire a foreign technical adviser that will work with the coach and it's technical team.we can't  allow the present coaching crew to handle this team's preparation for the world cup.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by eldee(m): 5:28pm On Nov 14, 2009
Crescent_d:

As a Nigerian living in SA, I say welcome to South Africa.
Like somebody said earlier, bring your condom along, lol
As for the gun,it aint that bad.It is going to be one big party in 2010.
You are welcome to contact me for accomodation.

Welcome to the rainbow nation,guys!!!

I'm a Lucky Dube lookalike
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 5:31pm On Nov 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

It's a world cup year. Many of these European managers know jobs are abound in Africa.
I cannot see Amodu outfoxing Capello, Hiddink or Dunga in South Africa with his moronic tactics and technical nous.

NFA/NFF need to act fast and get a manager as early as next month to start working on the team.
With good preparation and the right mentality, we can at least be like Senegal in Japan/Korea 2002.
NFA/NFF don't have the balls to fire Amodu 'cos they have to find a reason and except they go radical, we may be stuck with Shaibu.

Under normal circumstances, one would expect the coach that got them through the qualification to take them to the WC but kai with Amodu, we will get thunked. In and OUT!

Guus Hiddink is the man for the job if russia fail to progress.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by inme: 5:32pm On Nov 14, 2009
@FBS

I no need to tell them sorry, for wetin?

I am happy we qualified, but referee helped us
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by adebayo201: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2009
Moz 1-0 Tun. So 9ja top with 1 point. Moz shows Tun 4rm d beginning to d end.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by mrofficial(m): 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2009
FBS:

NFA/NFF don't have the balls to fire Amodu 'cos they have to find a reason and except they go radical, we may be stuck with Shaibu.

Under normal circumstances, one would expect the coach that got them through the qualification to take them to the WC but kai with Amodu, we will get thunked. In and OUT!

Thank you, FBS.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by adebayo201: 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2009
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by adebayo201: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2009
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by paddylo1(m): 5:36pm On Nov 14, 2009
abi oo! For a non drinker, wetin man go do. Ok let me switch to REDBULL!

na now u dey talk,CHEERS to all nairalanders and NIGERIANS all over the world,lets get this party started online and offline
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Princek12(m): 5:37pm On Nov 14, 2009
Amodu should be fired, regardless of whether he was the coach that coached the Nigerian team into qualifying for the world cup. If he coached a team that struggled to win against teams like Kenya, Tunisia, and Mozambique, how is he expected to coach the team to match against more skillful teams like Argentina, and all the other European teams?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by ayusco: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
once again thank u jesus thank u lord, guys i'm not an amodu pesiinn at all at all but lets allow him enjoy the fruit of his labor, sa(say it with me pipo) lets go there :d
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Jaylone(m): 5:44pm On Nov 14, 2009
Let's start to prepare. Proper and planned preparation prevents poor performance
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Sauron1: 5:45pm On Nov 14, 2009
FBS:

NFF will be very STUPID to keep Amodu as the manager of our National Team.
The only thing i can bear is to let him stay till January and gauge his performance in the Nations Cup.
If he wins that competition, let him take em to South Africa but if he fails, he should be sent directly to Alagbon.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by youngbest(m): 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2009
FBS:

as a milan boy
first time i saw hiddink
he reminded me of ancelloti
and i knew he was gonna be good
we know gus hiddink will have no commitment issues
he lives in russia now cos of his coaching dem
berti chin chon chin neva slept here
except he came 2 collect his paycheckk,
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by eldee(m): 5:54pm On Nov 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

NFF will be very STUPID to keep Amodu as the manager of our National Team.
The only thing i can bear is to let him stay till January and gauge his performance in the Nations Cup.
If he wins that competition, let him take em to South Africa but if he fails, he should be sent directly to Alagbon.

I trust the NFF, they'll go bring Pantstil Diapersovich.
A primary school P.E teacher that used to coach that got fired from Madagascar.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by CarlosVent(m): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2009
ONCE ITS MONDAY MORNING PLS NFF WIRE $1M (ONE MILLION DOLLARS) AS PROMISED TO THE MOZAMBIQUE PLAYERS. DO NOT WASTE TIME IN DOING THAT COS IT WAS AGREED B4 THE MATCH AND THEY DID A NICE JOB.

AMODU IS THE BEST COACH SINCE 4YRS NOW NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD. WHATS WRONG WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE CLAMORING FOR HIS SACK. CHRISTIAN CHUKWU DREW A MATCH WITH ANGOLA AND HE WAS SACKED NOW AMODU HAS WON AND SENT US TO 2010 WE WANT TO SACK HIM. WHO WILL COME AND COACH IS IT YOU.

WHY DIDN'T THE COACH COME TO QUALIFY US.  AMODU your D BEST SINCE 4YRS NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD.

NOW MY BUSINESS AND EVERY ONE IN NIGERIA CAN BOOM TO THE HIGHEST COS OF THIS QUALIFICATION.

THANKS TO GOD THE GLORY DID NOT GO TO TB JOSHUA COS HE SAID 1-3 WHILE IT WAS 2-3.

----------------------------------
THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by pappy2000: 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2009
We have gone through a lot.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Jaylone(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2009
I'm wandering. When the players don't play well they are called super chickens, and when they do or win they are labelled super eagles.

Is there a difference between the two names?
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by No2Atheism(m): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2009
eldee:

I trust the NFF, they'll go bring Pantstil Diapersovich.
A primary school P.E teacher that used to coach that got fired from Madagascar.

Off course they would hire a foreign coach from whom they can steal money . . .why would the hire a foreign coach that would not allow them to steal money . . . do you not realise that its nigerian culture for those in authority to steal . . . .

I just pity this country . . . corruption is seriously endemic.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by franktolk(m): 6:00pm On Nov 14, 2009
dont no y we love fighting a lost battle.We gave a man a job to do and he delivered.
The job is 4 him to qualify us for the world cup,so y do we want to crucify him.Amodu never lost a match,
Its high time we cherished what we have.What the man and the boys need now is our support and constructive criticisms.
Weldone Amodu and the coaching crew,weldone super eagles, congrats to all nigerians.
God is too Good to make Nigeria fall.

Best wishes.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Ziggyjoel(f): 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2009
HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EYES DON PUSH THE PESSIMISTS.
I WAS PLANNING TO BREAK UP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND TONIGH, BUT FOR THIS JOY, I WOULD GIVE HER A SECOND CHANCE.
HURRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by inme: 6:03pm On Nov 14, 2009
SiaSia shld be our Coach period
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 14, 2009
Congratulation Nigeria. . . i know we can do it! cool
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by boomlogics: 6:12pm On Nov 14, 2009
Congratulations!!! Super Eagles.

I believe that God of Soccer is a Nigerian.

Tomorrow will be double joy for all football fans because the golden eaglets will also win the under 17 world.

Up Eagles!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (34) (Reply)

American-born Nigerian Talents Featuring At The Rio 2016 Olympics / Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure Helps Club Brugge Break 21-Year-Old "Curse" / Algerian National Team Arrives Uyo For World Cup Qualifier (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.