Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) - Sports (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (39529 Views)

Poll: And the sole ticket goes to?

Nigeria: 70% (39 votes)
Tunisia: 29% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / Kenya Vs Nigeria: Five Things From The Match / Kenya Vs Nigeria - W-C Qualifier - (0 - 1) On 5th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nobody: 6:16pm On Nov 14, 2009
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!

I just woke up! Nigeria Qualified

Thank God ooooooo!!!

iyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Beamer: 6:23pm On Nov 14, 2009
As a Kenyan who was at the match, all I can say is CONGRATULATIONS.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 6:24pm On Nov 14, 2009
in me:

@FBS

I no need to tell them sorry, for wetin?

I am happy we qualified, but referee helped us

How can you be happy for something you prayed against?  undecided
Stop contradicting yourself man.

youngbest:

as a milan boy
first time i saw hiddink
he reminded me of ancelloti
and i knew he was gonna be good
we know gus hiddink will have no commitment issues
he lives in russia now cos of his coaching dem
berti chin chon chin neva slept here
except he came 2 collect his paycheckk,

Thats exactly my point. We need no gold diggers.

~Sauron~:

NFF will be very STUPID to keep Amodu as the manager of our National Team.
The only thing i can bear is to let him stay till January and gauge his performance in the Nations Cup.
If he wins that competition, let him take em to South Africa but if he fails, he should be sent directly to Alagbon.
NFF=STUPIDITY.  grin
Not only do we need a gem of a coach who is tactical sound, most of the players in the team should be dropped as they average if not below. . . .Save Osaze, Martins, Mikel, Enyaema & Kanu (The man has a huge tank of experience).
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by londoner: 6:25pm On Nov 14, 2009
Beamer, I am really impressed at your comment. A breath of fresh air, thank you.

I am glad the boys qualified, now is when the real hard work begins.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by FBS: 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2009
Beamer:

As a Kenyan who was at the match, all I can say is CONGRATULATIONS.

Thanks. You are the man.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by chidichris(m): 6:26pm On Nov 14, 2009
dont no y we love fighting a lost battle.We gave a man a job to do and he delivered.
The job is 4 him to qualify us for the world cup,so y do we want to crucify him.Amodu never lost a match,
Its high time we cherished what we have.What the man and the boys need now is our support and constructive criticisms.
Weldone Amodu and the coaching crew,weldone super eagles, congrats to all nigerians.
God is too Good to make Nigeria fall.

Best wishes.

@franktolk,
the task given to amodu is not to kill all of us before the SA2010 neither was he engaged to make all of us victims high blood presure before the real game.
if we struggle among the minors, what will happen when we face the giants? u and i know that the sweat the eagles wasted on mozambique and kenya were far beyond our expectations.
yes we have qualified, but we must put into cognisance the shame of facing such experienced sides as argentina, brazil, england, spain and a host of other national sides that we are bound to meet in SA.
be informed that nigerians are very very emotional about the game but do u blame them since this is the only reason for us to be called a nation at the moment.
i am well convienced that many nigerians including myself is not ready to trade in this game for anyother  thing in nigeria.
despite qualifying us for the sa2010, where did amodu meet nigerian football in the fifa ranking and where are we today? this amodu is killing the spirit of soccer in nigeria and believe u me, if things continue this way, we are heading to the rock.
i for once have never seen a coach amodu when the eagles play rather all i have been seeing is a fan in the name of amodu. believe me some fans are more active while the eagles play than the so-called coach.
we need a change of attitude and approach unless he is an agent of high blood preasure.

as i write now, russia is playing slovenia and they are 2 goals up yet the coach in the name of guss hiddink is on his feet directing the team so a sitting and weak and dull amodu reminds me of the other sick, weak dull man at the helm of affairs in aso rock.
must all of us be weak and dull even in the sports departments where agility is the order of the day?
a weak country, with weak president and a weak football coach.
my dear, do u watch the under 17 team's coach always on his feet, amodu can learn from him.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by baekdoosan(m): 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2009
[size=13pt]AMEN[/size] smiley smiley smiley smiley grin grin grin cool cool

But they could have done better!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by princekevo(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2009
So the super chicken finally qualified for the world cup?
Thank God for that i didnt jst wanna kill myself with HBP watching the match. I prefered having my night out drinking with frens to watching this last match.
Good luck to us, time to put our house in other and face the world cup.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Uche2nna(m): 6:37pm On Nov 14, 2009
Any girl from Mozombique? I wan propose abeg shocked
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Makavelis(m): 6:39pm On Nov 14, 2009
princekevo:

So the super chicken finally qualified for the world cup?
Thank God for that i didnt jst wanna kill myself of HBP watching the match.
Good luck to us, time to put our house in other and face the world cup.
lol
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by youngbest(m): 6:40pm On Nov 14, 2009
Uche2nna:

Any girl from Mozombique? I wan propose abeg shocked
naija boyyyyyyy
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Beamer: 6:44pm On Nov 14, 2009
You know, it was all bittersweet especially since I would have preferred the Super Eagles to be at South Africa than the Tunisians. But at the same time, even a win for us today wouldnt have hepled us as long as Mozambique beat Tunisia.

Kenya had a local coach (Francis Kimanzi) during the first phase of the qualifiers then they appointed a foreigh coach (Antoine Hey) for the second round of qualifers.

He dropped some key players for our first match against Tunisia, introduced 'Commitment Letters' for players to sign before going into camp, banned players from one of our teams -Mathare United- from camp, dropped Dennis Oliech for the return match against Tunisia. Did everything to kill our hopes (of reaching the Cup of Nations), we weren't even aiming for the World Cup.

We lost all the matches except the home match against Mozambique. The foreign coach destabilized a team that was gelling. Believe it or not, he boycotted the match against Nigeria since he was ordered by the Football Federation to call some players such as our star striker Dennis Oliech (who scored the first goal in today's match).

Those people who are calling for the removal of Amodu should really be careful.

Sometimes football isnt all about the tactics. Sometimes it is also about luck and what the eleven men on the pitch can do. The eleven players on the pitch today against Kenya didnt give up even when they were a goal down at half time. Even when the Kenyan crowd seemed quite hostile. They still did the business.

Perhaps we can always remember the story of Antoine Hey and the Kenyan experience when you think about hiring a foreign coach.

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by fowler: 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2009
Jaylone:

I'm wandering. When the players don't play well they are called super chickens, and when they do or win they are labelled super eagles.

Is there a difference between the two names?

Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Allta(m): 6:56pm On Nov 14, 2009
Please, what is it like in the streets of Lagos and Abuja? Has the carnival started yet? It's so boring, dry and windy over here in northpole!!!! I wish I was in Surulere right now!!!!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Tudor6(f): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2009
So the dweebs managed to qualify? I actually don't care because going by previous experiences what we have is just deferred heartbreak. . . .disappointment will surely come, the only question is WHEN.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by paddylo1(m): 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2009
I'm wandering. When the players don't play well they are called super chickens, and when they do or win they are labelled super eagles.

mugu, eagle spreads its wings soars to the sky and flies, chicken can hardly fly

i think we should use the NATIONS CUP to judge amodu, if he performs there he stays,but no foriegn coach though,we can give it to john obuh
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by rygem: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2009
Nigeria and Mozambique simultaneously scored the winning goals in the 83rd minute,
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by youngbest(m): 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2009
Beamer:

You know, it was all bittersweet especially since I would have preferred the Super Eagles to be at South Africa than the Tunisians. But at the same time, even a win for us today wouldnt have hepled us as long as Mozambique beat Tunisia.

Kenya had a local coach (Francis Kimanzi) during the first phase of the qualifiers then they appointed a foreigh coach (Antoine Hey) for the second round of qualifers.

He dropped some key players for our first match against Tunisia, introduced 'Commitment Letters' for players to sign before going into camp, banned players from one of our teams -Mathare United- from camp, dropped Dennis Oliech for the return match against Tunisia. Did everything to kill our hopes (of reaching the Cup of Nations),  we weren't even aiming for the World Cup.

We lost all the matches except the home match against Mozambique. The foreign coach destabilized a team that was gelling. Believe it or not, he boycotted the match against Nigeria since he was ordered by the Football Federation to call some players such as our star striker Dennis Oliech (who scored the first goal in today's match).

Those people who are calling for the removal of Amodu should really be careful.

Sometimes football isnt all about the tactics. Sometimes it is also about luck and what the eleven men on the pitch can do. The eleven players on the pitch today against Kenya didnt give up even when they were a goal down at half time. Even when the Kenyan crowd seemed quite hostile. They still did the business.

Perhaps we can always remember the story of Antoine Hey and the Kenyan experience when you think about hiring a foreign coach.

i know all about this
what we will do we wont hire d type of forign coach
kenya fa hired we will hire a coach who cares abt his intergrity,
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by gongoaso1: 7:05pm On Nov 14, 2009
rygem:

Nigeria and Mozambique simultaneously scored the winning goals in the 83rd minute,
an hint of jazzz
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Redman44(m): 7:10pm On Nov 14, 2009
Let's leave Samsosn Siasia out of this, please. I really feel for him because I know what today's victory and the Eagles qualification for SA 2010 means to him. Egypt 2009 was a grave misadventure for Siasia. The crafty guys that run the NFF and the gullible Nigerian soccer supporters will now single Sia1 out as a failure while John Obuh [ If the Golden Eaglets win 2moro ] and Amodu Shuaibu succeeded in the tasks set before them. Samson Siasia, you will rise again!!!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by simmy(m): 7:19pm On Nov 14, 2009
NOte from a Tunisian Blogger

I am terribly sorry for what we had to endure. This is one of the biggest disappointments I have had to deal with in my entire life, but with that said I can honestly say hamdullah. I’m thankful that this is a big let down for me. One way to look at it is, at least its only soccer and on the other hand at least we won’t have to deal with what the world cup could have brought had we played like this. We arent good enough, no use getting angry and bothered.
One by one, our entire Tunisian national team pool (staff included) need to look at themselves and realize what they have just done and come to terms with how competent (or incompetent) they really are.
At this point, as hard as it is to say, I don’t see myself getting involved with soccer for quite a while. Needless to say its going to be really tough for me to follow this blog, more so watch the tunisian sports shows.
Im guessing Ill prolly come back, but again at this point I doubt it will be soon.
I feel like my soul has been removed. But as they say, the show must go on. Again Rami, Im sorry about what happend with the team, but inshallah you still have the eagerness to partake in what will be a great world cup. I unfortunately have just abandoned my plans to attend.
Salam

Me:   LFMAO, lol. rflmao,, he who laughs last mothafokka!!!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by simmy(m): 7:21pm On Nov 14, 2009
ANOTHER TUNISIAN BLOGGER

I JUST CANT BELIEVE IT!!ALL WE NEEDED WAS A WIN!! IS IT THAT HARD TO WIN AGAINST MOZAMBIQUE??THEY HAD A STEP IN SOUTHAFRICA BUT LOST THE OPPURUNITY!!I THINK HAGUI SHOULD HAVE BEEN YELLING AT HIS PLAYERS AND WAKING THERE ASSES UP WHEN HE HEARD MOZAMBIQUE CHEER FOR NIGERIA GOAL, THAT IS THE JOB OF THE CAPTAIN!!AS SOON AS MOZAMBIQUE SCORED I STOPPED WATCHING CAUSE I KNEW THE ONLY WAY WE WERE GOING TO QUALIFY WAS IF KENYA WON OR TIED SO I WATCHED KENYA-NIGERIA THE REST OF THE GAME! NIGERIA GOT LUCKY THAT THEY GOT THAT LAST GOAL CAUSE KENYA FORGOT TO GET BACK!!
INCHALLAH WE WILL SEE MANY CHANGES FROM NOW TO 2014!!

me: rflmao, this is loads of fun. almost betta thn whne we ll win the world cup
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by mykali(m): 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2009
thank God we kwolifyd
i aint prepared to watch another -Nigeria world cup

Mrtins is still very much important to the team
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by simmy(m): 7:24pm On Nov 14, 2009
YET ANOTHER TUNISIAN BLOGGER

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I swear the u21 attackers with Hadhria, dhaouadi, msakni, ayari, jdaied would have scored goals. FUCKING PUSSIES. Bleep jemaa, he was afraid in the whole fucking match. i could see his dark face turn YELLOW!. Where’s was the heart and grinta as they say. THEY WERE HORRIBLE. the only players that made me proud was Mikari and balbouli. The only two who showed heart. THE PLAYERS IN THE DOMESTIC LEAGUE IS BETTER THAN these pussies who’s benched in there respecive teams. OMG I’m going to kill someone. But in the end i can only laugh. I mean they looked like a bunch of scared juniorplayers on the field. NO TALENT AT ALL. from now on they should play with these u21 players that i mentioned above, with mikari, haggui and chikhoui, chermiti. Bleep THE REST FUCKERS.[/font]

ME: RFLMAO< LOL, lfmao, rwkflmd,. otgldrflmao,toytudsflmao,thsissofokkingfnymao
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Allta(m): 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2009
mykali:

thank God we kwolifyd
i aint prepared to watch another -Nigeria world cup

Mrtins is still very much important to the team

Why not? Abegi, do I need visa to enter SA for 2010 with my green pali? I feel like booking my holiday now now now now. SA2010, here I come!!!!!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 14, 2009
Jaylone:

\/                      
                          \/
                          \/
                          /\
                          /\
                          /\
paddy_lo:

mugu, eagle  spreads its wings soars to the sky and flies, chicken can hardly fly
                          /\
                           i
                           i
                         grin >>>>>>>>>> he does kno that me fink
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by TheLight2: 7:32pm On Nov 14, 2009
I would have been disturbed when the Eagles were down, but a friend had sent me the link to the news report that said, TB JOSHUA predicted that Nigeria will qualify. Although, it was hard, all I had to do was chill and see. Finally it paid and the team qualified like he predicted. To those who queried and called his name into the game, I hope you all will now come out to admit that indeed, God is alive and TB Joshua is one of his many true prophets.
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by youngbest(m): 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2009
simmy:

YET ANOTHER TUNISIAN BLOGGER

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]I swear the u21 attackers with Hadhria, dhaouadi, msakni, ayari, jdaied would have scored goals. FUCKING PUSSIES. mess jemaa, he was afraid in the whole fucking match. i could see his dark face turn YELLOW!. Where’s was the heart and grinta as they say. THEY WERE HORRIBLE. the only players that made me proud was Mikari and balbouli. The only two who showed heart. THE PLAYERS IN THE DOMESTIC LEAGUE IS BETTER THAN these pussies who’s benched in there respecive teams. OMG I’m going to kill someone. But in the end i can only laugh. I mean they looked like a bunch of scared juniorplayers on the field. NO TALENT AT ALL. from now on they should play with these u21 players that i mentioned above, with mikari, haggui and chikhoui, chermiti. mess THE REST FUCKERS.[/font]

ME: RFLMAO< LOL, lfmao, rwkflmd,. otgldrflmao,toytudsflmao,thsissofokkingfnymao

oboy u wickid
where u get dem dis comments
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by Allta(m): 7:38pm On Nov 14, 2009
The Light2:

I would have been disturbed when the Eagles were down, but a friend had sent me the link to the news report that said, TB JOSHUA predicted that Nigeria will qualify. Although, it was hard, all I had to do was chill and see. Finally it paid and the team qualified like he predicted. To those who queried and called his name into the game, I hope you all will now come out to admit that indeed, God is alive and TB Joshua is one of his many true prophets.
If God is Alive, only him truly knows who serves him. One thing for sure, TBJ made me a lot of money from the pawnbreakers during this football season. It will be nice if he predict our success in SA2010 too, there is serious money to be made in SA!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by donjon: 7:41pm On Nov 14, 2009
So 9ja goes to the WC!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by chika98: 7:43pm On Nov 14, 2009
Best news I've heard in a while. So we are going to the World cup? Amazing!
Re: WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) by inme: 7:44pm On Nov 14, 2009
@FBS

why do you feel i dnt deserve to be happy for my country?

i don tell u b4, give me chance oooo, i dey quick dey vexxx

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (34) (Reply)

Timothy Weah Signed To PSG (Photo) / The Appalling State Of National Stadium, Abuja (Pictured) / Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.