Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted (71000 Views)

Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) / Reigners Church Building Collapse: I Don’t Want To Be A Bishop Again - Akan / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by tiwiex(m): 3:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
FredN:
Nothing wrong with his comments

We all have our different ways we react to grief. Akwa Ibom state is one of the truly christian states with almost 100% Christian population in Nigeria and in a sad event like this, it isn't out of place for an official of the state to give a faith based reassurance to its citizenry

America is a successful democracy yet Presidents still say God bless America

Atheists like to use events like these to support their beliefs, I personally think they have a point, but on the flip side, I have seen so much more miracles than tragedies as well which supports my faith. ....

In the end the evidence to believe in God greatly supersedes the reasons for doubt and the thirst for more knowledge has only but humbled great thinkers on the infinite reasons to know there is a God

It is a sad sad day... I feel terrible and personally hurt even though I didn't know anyone there. As humans we have almost the same universal grieving emotional response to events like these and it is a testament that we all have a common humanity, and one origin.

Random molecules cannot and will not create emotions like love and pain and hate and hurt. It won't even in a million years frame us to ascend beyond primal urges for food and sex, and garner in humans admiration for traits like loyalty and self sacrifice and faith and trust. It won't and it can't

While I weep for souls gone and lives cut short, it cannot but evoke in me the utter brevity of life and the hopelessness inherent in ambitions and dreams and luxuries we kill and main ourselves for. Everyone must die. Some soon, others later.

The one sure thing everyone has to deal with is the reality of the afterlife and whatever means we use to avoid thinking about it now that we are alive, we must face it when we die. The amount of life force in us is too much at death to be all exhausted at physical death. There must be more after death to justify its inherent perpetuity

God knows why he allows these sorts of human failings to have such fatal consequences on so many others, I have seen so much of God's love to be infinitely convinced that whatever happens if his love allows it, then it can only be for the best

Someone might be charged for man slaughter and the fellow is insulting the bereaved by giving praise to the pastor. Summary of his statement is life goes on and nothing go do reverend Weeks.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by AAinEqGuinea: 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
It's more crazy how international News agencies are reporting extremely inconsistent number of victims.

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by adisaigbo1(m): 3:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
Christian terrorist.... killing people up and down

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Jesusloveyou: 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
CXLVII:
Was expecting him to tell me how the God they preach that could use a finger to tilt the Earth and can't even hold firm a building where they worship him. grin grin grin

Humans keep worshipping there imaginations!
what if they are worshipping Satan there.
Inviting a corrupt governor as if the governor is God.
Stupid fake ordained bishop

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 11, 2016
Dcaliphate:

Agent of darkness. Get thee behind me satan. Remain on that track and see how u will end in hell, then u will realize who owns the universe only it will be too late for you to repent then

Mumu! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Jeffman1419(m): 3:34pm On Dec 11, 2016
R I P To D Affected Victims
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by UrennaNkoli(f): 3:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
Too bad
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by YTderin(f): 3:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
They will all come here now, and start defending their god,.as if he is handicapped. Iranu!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Loveebelejona: 4:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
200 people died that went to worship an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient and omni-omni everything God yet we can't ask the basic question. Same way boko haram invades them in the church anf bombs Innocent peeps worshiping same omni-omni everything God.

Any of the over 4000 gods that wants me to worship him must prove beyond reasonable doubts that he will guarantee my safety if I need extra-terrestial help.On the last day you will see the difference but that will be late for you,so give your life to Christ Jesus today.BTW OOO,nairaland and atheist are like 5&6,please someone should help me with that Patrick Zuma picture

Until then, every God should keep to their own self abeg.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by giggy63: 4:18pm On Dec 11, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
200 people died that went to worship an omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient and omni-omni everything God yet we can't ask the basic question. Same way boko haram invades them in the church anf bombs Innocent peeps worshiping same omni-omni everything God.

Any of the over 4000 gods that wants me to worship him must prove beyond reasonable doubts that he will guarantee my safety if I need extra-terrestial help.

bro dis is blasphemy.. I pray u count cost and make the lord Jesus ur choice and heaven will rejoice. Be in time
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by LastSurvivor11: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
dabrightt:
Bro I am not insulting you by calling you a fool...Bible called you so.

Psalm 14 vs 1 The fool says in his heart, "There is
no God." They are corrupt, their
deeds are vile; there is no one who
does good.

I wonder what you have been gaining by fooling yourself with this useless belief.. why do you submit yourself to the torment of devil...

I pray for you to receive a new insight and any demonic curse in your life will be removed in jesus name

Typical Christian once more..
The bible said the bible said.. do you know if I blv in ur bible.. have u read any other religious book apart from ur bible??
Lemme ask you something; do you actually think you would be a Christian if you were born in imams house far away maidugiri where ur mum, dad, siblings are Muslims?
Don't be too sure of what you don't know for sure cos even the bible called ur judgemental type fools too..
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by victorazy(m): 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2016
LastSurvivor11:

No bro..
Ur the one who really need to understand that they are everything but what you just presumed..
They don't see anything and God doesn't show them anything..
TB Joshua is a perfect example..
Nice for u sir.
grin

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Oghenekohwo1402(f): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2016
Zoharariel:
Yahweh and his 10,000 angels should have prevented the building from collapsing.

Afterall, It is written in Psalm 91:

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Well, “the shadow of the Almighty” just sent hundreds of gullible worshippers to their early graves in Uyo yesterday. grin

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Yes, we saw how Yahweh delivered his children into the mouth of the fowler yesterday in Uyo. grin

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Unfortunately, the arrow that struck those worshippers yesterday was dead-on accurate.

Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

Yes, you guessed right! The tragic event occurred at noonday - and Yahweh couldn't do jack about it grin

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Well, 876kg iron-bars & stanchions fell on the victims' heads yesterday in Uyo - and the result was instantaneous death. grin

Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

Nonsense! Tell that to the corpses of the victims.

Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

Well, aside from the boko-haram carnage that has been ravaging the habitations of Yahweh in Borno, this is the 2nd-time the habitation of Yahweh is collapsing & killing his brainwashed & gullible congregants since the T.B Joshua's building collapse. grin

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Newsflash: Evil befell your children in Uyo yesterday. Is there any evil worse than being killed by stanchions & iron-bars? grin

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

The angels must have been sleeping or drinking ogogoro when the tragedy struck in Uyo. grin

They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Yes, we saw how the angels ferried their copses into the mortuary.

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

You don't have to go far, I will accompany you to the Kano Zoo in Kano State where you can trample upon the lion cubs live on camera and see what becomes of you. grin

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

Those poor souls who died yesterday must have forgotten your name. grin

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Wait! You mean the woman whose head was shattered by a (73kg x 12metres = 876kg) iron-bar went to that church to call upon Satan? grin

With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Yes, u're right. Those victims are still alive in your 400-bedroom mansion in heaven - Oloshiii! grin

***As for the brain-dead media aide who says affliction shall never rise a 2nd time, well - I will be quick to remind him when it happens again. grin cheesy grin
. Jesus will visit you tonite. Quote me cheesy
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Dcaliphate(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2016
Zoharariel:

Mumu! grin
You are the fool!!!, you don't know how you came here, you can't explain nada about how the world came about yet your pride won't let u believe in the existence of God. Sorry for u and whoever did this to u.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by willyo(m): 5:22pm On Dec 11, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

Any of the over 4000 gods that wants me to worship him must prove beyond reasonable doubts that he will guarantee my safety if I need extra-terrestial help.

Aitheist
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by mildteddy(m): 5:28pm On Dec 11, 2016
MaziOmenuko:

More than 250,000 people died while vacationing on the coasts of indian ocean - worshiping no god on December 26, 2004.
Don't wait for no god to gaurantee the safety of your body, you cannot evade the inevitable, nothing can(Death will come around one day). Be more concerned with the safety of your soul; that's if you believe that somehow you're more than a mere bag of bones.

Cheers.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by sanerugwei: 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2016
Zoharariel:
Yahweh and his 10,000 angels should have prevented the building from collapsing.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

Well, “the shadow of the Almighty” just sent hundreds of gullible worshippers to their early graves in Uyo yesterday. grin
Such a thoughtless writeup.

Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

Yes, we saw how Yahweh delivered his children into the mouth of the fowler yesterday in Uyo. grin

Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

Unfortunately, the arrow that struck those worshippers yesterday was dead-on accurate.

Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

Yes, you guessed right! The tragic event occurred at noonday - and Yahweh couldn't do jack about it grin

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

Well, 876kg iron-bars & stanchions fell on the victims' heads yesterday in Uyo - and the result was instantaneous death. grin

Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

Well, aside from the boko-haram carnage that has been ravaging the habitations of Yahweh in Borno, this is the 2nd-time the habitation of Yahweh is collapsing & killing his brainwashed & gullible congregants since the T.B Joshua's building collapse. grin

There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Newsflash: Evil befell your children in Uyo yesterday. Is there any evil worse than being killed by stanchions & iron-bars? grin

The angels must have been sleeping or drinking ogogoro when the tragedy struck in Uyo. grin

They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

You don't have to go far, I will accompany you to the Kano Zoo in Kano State where you can trample upon the lion cubs live on camera and see what becomes of you. grin

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

Wait! You mean the woman whose head was shattered by a (73kg x 12metres = 876kg) iron-bar went to that church to call upon Satan? grin

Yes, u're right. Those victims are still alive in your 400-bedroom mansion in heaven - Oloshiii! grin

***As for the brain-dead media aide who says affliction shall never rise a 2nd time, well - I will be quick to remind him when it happens again. grin cheesy grin

Such a thoughtless writeup I daresay.
Have you asked yourself if the said man of God is actually holding fort for God. So if you set up a business office and call it church to you it means God should honor your hustle?
What a warped thinking.
Many are called, few are chosen. Not everyone that wears a robe and calls God's name is of God.
You err in your judgment because you know not the scripture.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by calabardick(m): 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
Zoharariel:

You are a confirmed comedian, Hahahahahahahaha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by boboenny: 6:19pm On Dec 11, 2016
FredN:

We all have our different ways we react to grief. Akwa Ibom state is one of the truly christian states with almost 100% Christian population in Nigeria and in a sad event like this, it isn't out of place for an official of the state to give a faith based reassurance to its citizenry

Atheists like to use events like these to support their beliefs, I personally think they have a point, but on the flip side, I have seen so much more miracles than tragedies as well which supports my faith. ....

In the end the evidence to believe in God greatly supersedes the reasons for doubt and the thirst for more knowledge has only but humbled great thinkers on the infinite reasons to know there is a God

It is a sad sad day... I feel terrible and personally hurt even though I didn't know anyone there. As humans we have almost the same universal grieving emotional response to events like these and it is a testament that we all have a common humanity, and one origin.

Random molecules cannot and will not create emotions like love and pain and hate and hurt. It won't, even in a million years frame us to ascend beyond primal urges for food and sex, and garner in humans, admiration for traits like loyalty and self sacrifice and faith and trust. It won't and it can't

While I weep for souls gone and lives cut short, it cannot but evoke in me feelings about the utter brevity of life and the hopelessness inherent in our mundane ambitions, dreams and luxuries we kill and main ourselves daily for. Everyone must die. Some soon, others later.

The one sure thing everyone has to deal with is the reality of the afterlife and whatever means we use to avoid thinking about it now that we are alive, we must face it when we die. The amount of life force in us is too much to be all exhausted at physical death. There must be more after death to justify its inherent perpetuity

God knows why he allows these sorts of human failings to have such fatal consequences on so many others, nevertheless I have seen so much of God's love to be infinitely convinced that whatever happens if his love allows it, then it can only be for the best
Hun!
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by imoke1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 11, 2016
Where was the man of God standing that he was not among the incident ? I think he knows something about that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Tedassie(m): 6:25pm On Dec 11, 2016
KaptainAfrika:
[s]When did Akwa Ibom people become engineers? That's the last thing that comes to my mind, when I hear Akwa Ibom, if you know what I mean. grin But wait, no church has collapsed in Cross River State[/s]... grin
Even an 8yr old rationalizes things far better than yourself!

Just look at the garbage you spilled...desperately trying to be funny,when it's uncalled for
#agbaya
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Ike4God: 6:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
CHARLOE:

Ode! You're not even bothered by d loss of over 50 lives, Na gov wen no no u, bother u pass

mumu ApC people your plan to kill the Governor failed, in as much as I commiserate with the bereaved families the truth must be told. ARREST the pastor and his cohorts. finish
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by KaptainAfrika: 6:56pm On Dec 11, 2016
I was referring to the person who put that post on facebook after people died.
I know some public universities are cesspools of quacks. But that was an ironic statement aimed at the insensitive fucktards statement after people died.
Is it clear now, or would you like that in Yoruba?

Tedassie:

Even an 8yr old rationalizes things far better than yourself!

Just look at the garbage you spilled...desperately trying to be funny,when it's uncalled for
#agbaya
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Mimzyy(f): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
HardMirror:

Cc mimzyy

Think...

Hmmmmm...
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by akintom(m): 6:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
FredN:

Random molecules cannot and will not create emotions like love and pain and hate and hurt. It won't, even in a million years frame us to ascend beyond primal urges for food and sex, and garner in humans, admiration for traits like loyalty and self sacrifice and faith and trust. It won't and it can't

While I weep for souls gone and lives cut short, it cannot but evoke in me feelings about the utter brevity of life and the hopelessness inherent in our mundane ambitions, dreams and luxuries we kill and main ourselves daily for. Everyone must die. Some soon, others later.

The one sure thing everyone has to deal with is the reality of the afterlife and whatever means we use to avoid thinking about it now that we are alive, we must face it when we die. The amount of life force in us is too much to be all exhausted at physical death. There must be more after death to justify its inherent perpetuity

God knows why he allows these sorts of human failings to have such fatal consequences on so many others, nevertheless I have seen so much of God's love to be infinitely convinced that whatever happens if his love allows it, then it can only be for the best

The usual excuse and rationalization for a scarecrow Abrahamic god.

It's all these pattern of thinking, that encourages folks to continue to take the liberty to commit mass murder. In the name of religion.

The rogue who is the pastor of the death trap church, has been shielded from culpability by all religious folks here.

It's a pity, the damage that god idea and religion has done to human mind is truly delusional.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by dabrightt: 7:20pm On Dec 11, 2016
LastSurvivor11:

Typical Christian once more..
The bible said the bible said.. do you know if I blv in ur bible.. have u read any other religious book apart from ur bible??
Lemme ask you something; do you actually think you would be a Christian if you were born in imams house far away maidugiri where ur mum, dad, siblings are Muslims?
Don't be too sure of what you don't know for sure cos even the bible called ur judgemental type fools too..
Someday when you leave this planet and you open your eye you will know who is fooling who..it will just pain you that u won't have a second chance ...

Now you have the chance to for your soal to be saved I am not suprice if you are adamant it dosnt stop the existence of God u are just fooling urself
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Tedassie(m): 7:24pm On Dec 11, 2016
KaptainAfrika:

I was referring to the person who put that post on facebook after people died.
I know some public universities are cesspools of quacks. But that was an ironic statement aimed at the insensitive fucktards statement after people died.
Is it clear now, or would you like that in Yoruba?

Tell that to the birds!....oh! And your damage control is appalling!
Try harder.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2016
The Governor has ordered the arrest of the building contractors!
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 11, 2016
all these people who are on here defending and speaking for god by dishing out judgement, curses and purnishment to those who questions the activities of these crooked pastors unbehalf of god, does it mean that God in all his might, greatness and strenght can not defend or speak for himself? i mean, god must be stup!d, dumb and incapable of defending himself if humans are speaking for him and making his mind up for him.on what to do to folks who do not Accept the Activities of god of men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by akpanmfon(m): 8:17pm On Dec 11, 2016
Let's be guided by our utterances especially in public discussion; this is very provocative in the midst of solemn sobering of the painful lost of crucial lives.

Professionism calls for discipline and due process which wasn't the case in reigner church Collapse.
Re: Akwa Ibom Man's Opinion On The Church Building Collapse Gets Him Blasted by Ibange: 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2016
Well, actually in my own perspective of view, I see nothing wrong with this post, that may be the way this young man react to the grief that has befallen the Akwa Ibom people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Odumeje Praying On Mountain Top, Interceding For The World / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Shiloh2021: Why Bishop Oyedepo Will Continue To Be The Richest Pastor In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.