Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,628 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (109) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768802 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:12pm On Aug 23, 2013
benson3788:

The question is, how long does this take?

Benson, your name has been sent to embassy today, you can visit embassy from next week Friday only. You are on number 80 in our list sent out of 123 names sent today. Ref: 6390
Re: North Cyprus by veeokafor(f): 10:51pm On Aug 23, 2013
Pls is is possible to book one way ticket for turkish airline. Kos I was told I will have a problem if I do dt in north cyprus. Pls is dis true?..lookin forward to ur reply
justmenoni: ethiad has a one way seat for the 1st of September for $1022,emirates is $605,Egypt air is $688.40 all you have to do is connect it with atlas jet down to ercan,but the best option is to visit a travel agent and have them give you all the prices of the mentioned airlines then you can decide,the only good thing about Turkish airline is that it leaves lags for Istanbul and arrive ercan while other airlines will go directly to their country then touch down at Istanbul before connecting with a smaller plane down to ercan but most time the waiting period are same for all airlines when calculated properly.

i was able to get two flights from Istanbul to ercan for 9.30am: 262tl while for 9.30pm is 182tl,business class is 362 tl for 9.30 am and 282tl for 9.30pm.

Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 7:49am On Aug 24, 2013
veeokafor: Pls is is possible to book one way ticket for turkish airline. Kos I was told I will have a problem if I do dt in north cyprus. Pls is dis true?..lookin forward to ur reply

You can book one way ticket with turkish airlines and have no problem in instanbul or ercan but most times Nigeria immigration officers use it as means to extort money from first time travelers.So the only place you might have a problem is in Nigeria Airport but if u are sharp and smart you will go with it without giving them anything cus its none of their concern if you going with one way or not.
So if you dont plan going back soon then one way is okay for the smart ones though but if you dont have mind or scared easily when threaten then buy at least a month return ticket and you can cancel the ticket and request for refund of the return ticket and turkish airline will give you back.
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 10:58am On Aug 24, 2013
cool
penroll55:

You can book one way ticket with turkish airlines and have no problem in instanbul or ercan but most times Nigeria immigration officers use it as means to extort money from first time travelers.So the only place you might have a problem is in Nigeria Airport but if u are sharp and smart you will go with it without giving them anything cus its none of their concern if you going with one way or not.
So if you dont plan going back soon then one way is okay for the smart ones though but if you dont have mind or scared easily when threaten then buy at least a month return ticket and you can cancel the ticket and request for refund of the return ticket and turkish airline will give you back.

WHERE CAN SOMEONE CANCEL THE RETURN TICKET AND ASK FOR THE REFUND OF THE RETURN TICKET.....? cool
penroll55:

WHERE CAN SOMEONE CANCEL THE RETURN TICKET AND ASK FOR THE REFUND OF THE RETURN TICKET.....?
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 11:02am On Aug 24, 2013
cool
penroll55:

WHERE CAN SOMEONE CANCEL THE RETURN TICKET AND ASK FOR THE REFUND OF THE RETURN TICKET.....? cool
penroll55:

WHERE CAN SOMEONE CANCEL THE RETURN TICKET AND ASK FOR THE REFUND OF THE RETURN TICKET.....?
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 11:16am On Aug 24, 2013
Mr Wip or anyone that can answer, m planning to apply for masters in EMU next Feb but I'll seriously need answers to these
1. How much do I need to budget for fees and living. (I hear they give 50% scholarship)
2. Do they allow instalmental payemnt of fees?
Pls I'd appreciate ur answers.
Re: North Cyprus by togsonkak: 11:31am On Aug 24, 2013
hello Guys, Emirate doesnt go to north cyprus, so i booked istanbul with one way.The question is if i had booked return, how will i use the return ticket from turkey to nigeria cos my destination is North Cyprus.? Cos i think i dont have anything to do with turkey anymore since i dont have their visa. So how wil i use the return ticket?
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 11:35am On Aug 24, 2013
usdane:
those stamps from M.O.E and M.O.F.A are they necessary for Visa or when registring at your school in the NC? I thought we do not submit stamped copies from those ministries. We only need them when we got to the schools in the Island. Originals and simple copies would suffice for visa issuance.

I think there is something missing out here,among the items in the checklist,no 4 of the items stated FLIGHT RESERVATION /BOOKING WITH CONFIRMED DATES,my question is,is it COMPULSORY for this point to be fulfilled before matching to the Embassy..... cool
usdane:
those stamps from M.O.E and M.O.F.A are they necessary for Visa or when registring at your school in the NC? I thought we do not submit stamped copies from those ministries. We only need them when we got to the schools in the Island. Originals and simple copies would suffice for visa issuance.

I think there is something missing out here,among the items in the checklist,no 4 of the items stated FLIGHT RESERVATION /BOOKING WITH CONFIRMED DATES,my question is,is it COMPULSORY for this point to be fulfilled before matching to the Embassy.....
Re: North Cyprus by Princessgatt: 11:37am On Aug 24, 2013
Please I want to know if my name was sent to the embassy.... Reference no:400-807-5595.. Thanks in anticipation
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Princessgatt: Please I want to know if my name was sent to the embassy.... Reference no:400-807-5595.. Thanks in anticipation

Ref: 5595 oyinkansola sent to embassy. Number 5 on our list yesterday. Apply from Friday next week at Turkish embassy.

Wip
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 1:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
penroll55:

That is if the ticket is refundable(check with the airline if the ticket u buying is refundable cos some arent)..... the price difference between one way and return isn't that much, so y disturb urself abt one way. like penroll55 said if u arnt lucky with naija immigration(with one way ticket) hmmmm u will buy return ticket again at the airport and they will still extort you......

let me give some clue here for first time travelers abt refund ticket (Turkish air)..

1.Its best to buy a refundable return ticket with ur naija master card (if accepted on their site). otherwise go to their sales office and buy with the master card. dnt pay cash.. this way when u cancel ur return ticket here in kibris, u will have to call Turkish airline Istanbul and to cancel ur return ticket and ask for refund... the money will b sent to ur MasterCard account bingo!!

2. If you pay with cash in their sales office (e.g lagos adeola odeku vi). Ask the sales person u need the ticket with refund.Go with any of ur relative and tell them he / she will be the one to process the refund on ur behave..
In kibris, cancel ur ticket at lefkosa sales office, ask for refund. they will scan ur ticket , int passport, identification of the person to collect the refund in Nigeria(e.g ur relative, friend), application letter written by you for refund, stating the name of the person and the mode of identification. these will be sent to Nigeria and your relative will follow up with the Lagos sales office. trust me this process is hell.....(My case)

3.Buy from a reliable agent. most agent has a commission on return ticket not used!(sorry for bursting ur bubbles) they will make ur life difficult to get ur refund. a friend got his ticket from wakanow.com (nt sure of the name) and he was able to get his refund.. but hell...

These are all i can remember for now... yeepa my beans oooooooo
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
Gsluv: Mr Wip , m planning to apply for masters in EMU next Feb but I'll seriously need answers to these
1. How much do I need to budget for fees and living. (I hear they give 50% scholarship)
2. Do they allow instalmental payemnt of fees?
Pls I'd appreciate ur answers.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 2:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Temas:

That is if the ticket is refundable(check with the airline if the ticket u buying is refundable cos some arent)..... the price difference between one way and return isn't that much, so y disturb urself abt one way. like penroll55 said if u arnt lucky with naija immigration(with one way ticket) hmmmm u will buy return ticket again at the airport and they will still extort you......

let me give some clue here for first time travelers abt refund ticket (Turkish air)..

1.Its best to buy a refundable return ticket with ur naija master card (if accepted on their site). otherwise go to their sales office and buy with the master card. dnt pay cash.. this way when u cancel ur return ticket here in kibris, u will have to call Turkish airline Istanbul and to cancel ur return ticket and ask for refund... the money will b sent to ur MasterCard account bingo!!

2. If you pay with cash in their sales office (e.g lagos adeola odeku vi). Ask the sales person u need the ticket with refund.Go with any of ur relative and tell them he / she will be the one to process the refund on ur behave..
In kibris, cancel ur ticket at lefkosa sales office, ask for refund. they will scan ur ticket , int passport, identification of the person to collect the refund in Nigeria(e.g ur relative, friend), application letter written by you for refund, stating the name of the person and the mode of identification. these will be sent to Nigeria and your relative will follow up with the Lagos sales office. trust me this process is hell.....(My case)

3.Buy from a reliable agent. most agent has a commission on return ticket not used!(sorry for bursting ur bubbles) they will make ur life difficult to get ur refund. a friend got his ticket from wakanow.com (nt sure of the name) and he was able to get his refund.. but hell...

These are all i can remember for now... yeepa my beans oooooooo

Am not saying all airline refund,thats why i specify it clearly saying turkish airline.
If its turkish airline,all return ticket is refundable if requested before it expires.
Re: North Cyprus by smut: 3:36pm On Aug 24, 2013
Mr wip,kindly help me check if my name has been sent to the embassy.My reference number is 400-503.2.1-6308...thank u
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
smut: Mr wip,kindly help me check if my name has been sent to the embassy.My reference number is 400-503.2.1-6308...thank u

your payment has not even reached EMU....if your payment arrive to EMU then, you receive confirmation letter. We prepare names in batches and send to embassy in Turkey and they send to Abuja. Maybe in 2weeks time your name will arrive embassy!!! learn to be patient...............

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by jolugo: 3:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hello mr wip, pls I want to know if my name has been sent to the embassy, my reference number is 400-503.2.1-2325. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by usdane: 1:12am On Aug 25, 2013
@wip7, i would like you to advise me on this. If i should buy Turkish Airline ticket for example and their last stop is Istanbul, would i be the one to incur the connecting flight fees frm Istanbul to Ercan? I went to an Air travel agent and they told me AIR MAROc is great deal but their last stop is Istanbul...so i was wondering how i could connect to Ercan since their last drop is Istanbul--i dnt if there could be other flight that are READILY available to Ercan frm that istanbul airpot.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:40am On Aug 25, 2013
usdane: @wip7, i would like you to advise me on this. If i should buy Turkish Airline ticket for example and their last stop is Istanbul, would i be the one to incur the connecting flight fees frm Istanbul to Ercan? I went to an Air travel agent and they told me AIR MAROc is great deal but their last stop is Istanbul...so i was wondering how i could connect to Ercan since their last drop is Istanbul--i dnt if there could be other flight that are READILY available to Ercan frm that istanbul airpot.

This is very simple issue. There are 3 aiports in Istanbul and 2 is international (Ataturk and Sabiha). Two major airlines fly from Ataturk airport ( Turkish airline and Atlasjet). Atlasjet is quite cheap if you book as a student, ranging 70-120usd one way Istanbul -ercan (north Cyprus). The slight disadvantage of atlasjet is lower baggage capacity of 20kg checked in and 8kg hand luggage( most new students have more than 40kg sometimes) but you can pay for extra luggage and open your mouth to tell them you are new student heading to NC( your admission letter must always be with you ).

Turkish airline flies from Ataturk as well with bigger capacity of 30kg checked in and 8 hand luggage but can be expensive in the range of 130-170usd one way Ist-ercan (NC).

From Sabiha Airport in Istanbul , Turkish airline, Pegasus and Anadolu jet fly to NC. The cheapest of all is Atlasjet. So book a flight to Istanbul and ask your agent to check any of these airline to book on their website to NC. All the airlines have websites you can book yourself or via your agent is damn easy!!! Your agent should just know your arrival time in Istanbul and allow sometime to connect to other airlines. Your agent must becareful which airport he/she booked for you (Ataturk or Sabiha). Turkish airline has about 5 trips to Ercan (NC) daily while Atlasjet has just 2 daily ( early in the morn and 9pm daily). You may as well travel down to Istanbul and book the connecting flight yourself at the respective airline counter although your time of arrival matters alot. Wish you luck !!!
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 8:01am On Aug 25, 2013
wip7:

Benson, your name has been sent to embassy today, you can visit embassy from next week Friday only. You are on number 80 in our list sent out of 123 names sent today. Ref: 6390

Well received. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 8:12am On Aug 25, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by jolugo: 9:40am On Aug 25, 2013
@benson, ahahahahahahahahahahahahah grin@benson, ahahahahahahahahahahahahah u funny die

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by osareting: 10:22am On Aug 25, 2013
Pls guys I need help about Turkish embassy interview, I have bank statement with me, and a supporting letter from both the bank and the sponsor.... But the problem am having now is that, the account closing balance is very low, but as at last month the balance was 2.5million, but before the bank did the statement, the account balance as reduce to thousand. All I want to no is that, will the embassy check the balance or just check the in flow of money in they, because the account is for my uncle and he his a car dealer, money come into the account regular, and now after the bank statement, as at yesterday the balance is 3million, but it is not in the bank statement with me....pls I need quick response pls my interview takes place 2moro, in the moroning.... What should I do, pls help me
Re: North Cyprus by Gsluv(m): 12:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wip7 I understand why for some reasons u ignored my question but anyways, i sincerely need your attention. i want to come in to Emu for Msc in Marketing Management. I have a Bsc 2 1in mktng and i want to apply for next feb cos m currently servn. hopefully i wnt to have my phd there too. So m askn ow much i shld prepare for and ow shld i go about the application. secondly is, does Emu good study facilities fr marketing students? pls Wip7 attend to this, pls.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 12:42pm On Aug 25, 2013
osareting: Pls guys I need help about Turkish embassy interview, I have bank statement with me, and a supporting letter from both the bank and the sponsor.... But the problem am having now is that, the account closing balance is very low, but as at last month the balance was 2.5million, but before the bank did the statement, the account balance as reduce to thousand. All I want to no is that, will the embassy check the balance or just check the in flow of money in they, because the account is for my uncle and he his a car dealer, money come into the account regular, and now after the bank statement, as at yesterday the balance is 3million, but it is not in the bank statement with me....pls I need quick response pls my interview takes place 2moro, in the moroning.... What should I do, pls help me
This your question have been answered on the other topic but if you wish for another response here then go back some pages you will see reply to this same question here.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
Gsluv: Wip7 I understand why for some reasons u ignored my question but anyways, i sincerely need your attention. i want to come in to Emu for Msc in Marketing Management. I have a Bsc 2 1in mktng and i want to apply for next feb cos m currently servn. hopefully i wnt to have my phd there too. So m askn ow much i shld prepare for and ow shld i go about the application. secondly is, does Emu good study facilities fr marketing students? pls Wip7 attend to this, pls.

I am not yet e-robot but human and blood flows in my veins....I have answered this tuition fees/application question more than 5times on same thread. Kindly read my posts on wip7, wip or wip2..you will find tht i have answered all the questions. Moreover EMU website has full information to learn from. I only answer new but technical questions that maybe difficult to search for online. Thanks for your understanding!!!!!!!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by izyworld88: 5:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
as soon as dey confirmed ur payment dey wil send it to d embassy
Re: North Cyprus by wynie(f): 5:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
pls wip7 i really need ur help i've paid my sch fees since tuesday last week and still d confirmation hasnt arrived pls help me and check if d payment has been made
Name: winnifred joseph
Ref:400.503.21.2.668 thanks a million
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 8:10pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wynie(f): 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
benson3788:

Did you send the school you TELEX copy?
yes pls and i nid help to knw if my name has been sent to d embassy
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 10:18pm On Aug 25, 2013
@mr wip7.Pls help check if my name has been sent 2 embassy :-(ref:400-503.2.1-3701
Re: North Cyprus by tunexniko: 1:50am On Aug 26, 2013
wip7:

Ref: 5595 oyinkansola sent to embassy. Number 5 on our list yesterday. Apply from Friday next week at Turkish embassy.

Wip
Re: North Cyprus by tunexniko: 1:56am On Aug 26, 2013
mr wip,pls i need to know if my name has been sent to the embassy pls.REF:400-807-6163.Asap

(1) (2) (3) ... (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.