Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,671 members, 7,851,286 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:23 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (775185 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 11:12am On Nov 29, 2010
Dear Prospective student,

Thanks for your interest in Eastern Mediterranean University. We would like to congratulate all the students that have received admission to Eastern Mediterranean University. Also, we would like to remind those students that have not applied for scholarship to apply as soon as possible. For details about the scholarship and how to apply, you can contact us via; international.center@emu.edu.tr or scholarship@emu.edu.tr or through our website http://ic.emu.edu.tr .

Furthermore, we will also like to remind those student who have received admission but have not paid their tuition fees to pay their tuition fees as soon as possible and forward the receipt to our international center office via international.center@emu.edu.tr so as to enable us to process the final stages of your admission, make Visa arrangements with the Embassy and prepare your accommodation.

Congratulations once again on your acceptance to Eastern Mediterranean University and we look forward to welcoming you here on campus.

Warm Regards,

International Office
Eastern Mediterranean University
Northern Cyprus
http://ic.emu.edu.tr
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 2690
Re: North Cyprus by pinehearst: 11:38pm On Nov 29, 2010
@WIP
thanks a bunch am really grateful for your support toward my sister and I cant just thank u enouf,
my Sister's WAEC certificate won't be out till next year. What's her chances? because i know embassies always want to sight the original certificate.
The school said they can only issue statement of result, can this be accepted and can it be authenticated at the Ministry of education/affairs?
Decided to paste it, so we can all learn,
Thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 7:10am On Nov 30, 2010
@pinehearst ,

All results that the CERTIFICATE are yet to be out, can be verify by ministry of EDUCATION (MED) at Abuja, each applicant will need to buy scratch card and print the result online, take 3 copies with the attached scratch card to MED and the result will be authenticated. Any student planing to study in North Cyprus do not need to take his or her result to ministry of foreign affairs( MFA). Turkish embassy is ONLY interested in the authenticated result from MED. So without the original certificate applicants wont have any problem at the embassy. We have students that have 2010 result without certificate and the embassy(Turkish) has NO right to deny such students entry visa. So kindly ask your sister to take her online print-out to MED with scratch cards to authenticate.

SOUTH CYPRUS APPLICANTS,

I will like to inform that, the deadline to submit all documents authenticated by MED, MFA, ministry of health, Immigration department and payment of minimum fee of 3200euros is set to be 10th DEC 2010, without these documents, the MIGRATION department of South Cyprus can approve your student visa application even before proceeding to apply for your visa.
Re: North Cyprus by temmym3(m): 12:25pm On Dec 01, 2010
@WIP4.
Please when is the deadline for payment of tuition fees for EMU? Is there any other things i should start doing now before i make the payment? Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2010
@temmy3m,

There is nothing you can do now, you have to make payment for your tuition since you had received your scholarship letter. you pay your scholarship worth o EMU bank account and send back to us the payment slip. After that we shall process your payment and send you confirmation letter and equally send your name to the embassy. but i will urge you to make your payment asap cos this semester we had almost 120 students from Africa that paid late and we could not send their names to the embassy due to late payment BUT we advise all of them to send us DEFER letter and we shall defer them to the next semester.

@LAST SEMESTER EMU APPLICANTS,

For All EMU applicant that paid tuition fees late but their names were not at the TURKISH EMBASSY in NIGERIA can write us email at international.center@emu.edu.tr to defer your admission to SPRING 2011 semester and we shall maintain same scholarship worth as before.
Re: North Cyprus by rave2u: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2010
@Wip

I have a female cousin who has a diploma in IT from a University in Malaysia. She is interested in contd her degree at EMU. Her current GPA is 3.54. Is she entitled to a scholarship? And how many %

She'll like to start Spring Sem (Feb 2011) how soon can she start the processing? How long does it take to receive the acceptance letter once all her documents has been emailed to you?

She also like to stay in the Student accommodation preferable double occupancy. What is the cost? does the scholarship also apply to accommodation? thank you.
Re: North Cyprus by rave2u: 11:33am On Dec 02, 2010
Also with her diploma what year is she likely to start from? If she wants to pursue a degree in IT?

Does the scholarship run for the duration of her studies? What is the fees per year basis after scholarship's been granted?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:29pm On Dec 02, 2010
Rave2u,

Your cousin is welcome to apply to study at EMU. she will need to send me her Olevel result, current transcript, international passport or birth certificate then i can get her admitted. SHE can apply for scholarship since it is open to ll applicants, Scholarship at EMU is MERIT-BASED meaning this will be base on her result, but with 3.54 as you said she will definitely have 50% tuition and accommodation discount. Admission is already ON for FEB 2011 entry so you can send her documents as soon as possible. The duration of getting admission depends on many factors like volume of applications on ground before, evaluation of her transcript etc but within 10days or more the acceptance letter should be out. You can read about the cost of accommodation , the fees after scholarship on www.emu.edu.tr
Re: North Cyprus by rave2u: 3:29am On Dec 03, 2010
thank you for the response. She has the old intl passport but just got issued the new e-passport which she wnt be able to collect till the 10th. can she send her old passport details or she should just send an affidavit of age?

Why am asking this is bcus the new e-passport would have same details but new passport number?
and what is your email?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 6:57am On Dec 03, 2010
rave2u,

She can apply with her birth certificate and olevel + current transcript. you can send the docs to skull4una@gmail.com or scholarship@emu.edu.tr
Re: North Cyprus by rave2u: 8:46am On Dec 03, 2010
Thanks so much. The documents would be in on Monday. Also regarding the tuition and accommodation fees, are there installment plans of payment available?
Re: North Cyprus by rave2u: 9:36am On Dec 03, 2010
I just looked at the accommodation website and my cousin would like to stay in the EMU girls dorm.The price there is 1800TL which is equivalent to $1200.I would like to know if this is per year cuz it said annually. I just wanna clarify this.Also can the 1800TL be paid in installments?
Re: North Cyprus by rave2u: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2010
How much would be adequate for her to spend a month as a female student.I'm talking of a monthly allowance to cater for her personal needs like internet charge, transportation, feeding, toiletries etc.P.SMy apologies if I'm asking too many questions, just wanna make sure we got all d neccessary info to avoid mishaps.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 10:18am On Dec 03, 2010
rave2u,

Your cousin will surely have 50% discount meaning she will be paying half of what you find online. ANNUAL means yearly.

please visit EMU website about the fees and installment, the website is load with all kinds of information you might need and from it you will surely learn more. www.emu.edu.tr

Number of years she will spend at EMU will be determined by quality of her diploma, her courses and relevance to modern and American and European educational curriculum since EMU is using these system of education.
Re: North Cyprus by rave2u: 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2010
Ok thank you. I'll get her to email all her documents to you by Wednesday.
Re: North Cyprus by UNLEASHED(m): 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
@Wip4
Please can I chat with you privately? maybe on yahoo
Re: North Cyprus by rave2u: 1:12pm On Dec 03, 2010
@Wip

Does the scholarship run for the duration of studies or just Spring semester 2011 only?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 1:16pm On Dec 03, 2010
UNLEASHED,

it is possible to chat with me you can email me and i will reply you if what you want to ask is pertaining to what i know. Also i will suggest you can ask your questions if it has to do with this thread HERE so that alot can gain and you can search alot of things online b4 asking me since ONLINE has alot of information and reading this thread and others, answer most questions as well. waiting for your email.
Re: North Cyprus by former: 1:34pm On Dec 03, 2010
Hi wip4, I think I will like to chat with you too but I have just sent you an email
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 6:59pm On Dec 03, 2010
ALL,

I am open to questions that has to do with studying at North and south Cyprus as this thread is concern. kindly google the university online and email the schools and ask questions. I am NOT OPEN TO QUESTIONS LIKE, 1. how to get job 2. how to get boyfriends or girlfriends 3. how much do they pay pa hour 4. etc . I DO NOT WORK WITH cinema hall nor LABOUR DEPARTMENT SO I CANT HAVE STATISTICS OR TECHNIQUES HOW YOU CAN GET JOBS OR WHAT JOBS ARE THERE.
Re: North Cyprus by Cannabis: 7:39pm On Dec 03, 2010
wip4:

ALL,

I am open to questions that has to do with studying at North and south Cyprus as this thread is concern. kindly google the university online and email the schools and ask questions. I am NOT OPEN TO QUESTIONS LIKE, 1. how to get job 2. how to get boyfriends or girlfriends 3. how much do they pay pa hour 4. etc . I DO NOT WORK WITH cinema hall nor LABOUR DEPARTMENT SO I CANT HAVE STATISTICS OR TECHNIQUES HOW YOU CAN GET JOBS OR WHAT JOBS ARE THERE.

Yes, You wont answer that cuz there i no Job
Yes To that too, you know the only girlfriend they can get is Blacks (ur financial strength speaks), they can never on earth get a turkish girl!

Cuz If you (luckily)got a construction job as a labourer they pay you per day 8-6pm

Everyone is welcome no contest please, please just come and you will see yourself. Wip4 is paid(Generously) for been an Agent and bringing you.
grin grin grin grin

Please Cum & see.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 7:48am On Dec 04, 2010
TRANSFER AND APTECH STUDENTS,

TRANSFER APPLICANTS:

EMU do accept applications from students from polytechnic, university and college of educations to transfer to one of the global programs offer at EMU. All prospective transfer students will need to have a transcript from their previous institutions and attach with olevel result and send to us. EMU do have AGE LIMIT of 25years for undergraduate applicants, so we can only admit students that is 25yrs or below at point of application. ALL transfer students are also welcome to apply for scholarships. AT EMU, students are allow installment payment for both tuition fees and accommodation.

EMU PARTNER WITH APTECH:

After our last promotional trip to Nigeria, we are happy indeed to have signed a memorandum of understanding with APTECH Limited. APTECH operates in 35 different countries, including Nigeria, and specializes in computer education; now APTECH certificate and diploma students have the chance to complete a full BS degree at Eastern Mediterranean University at an accelerated pace. Students from APTECH can now spend at least 3 semesters at EMU to obtain their degree. Since the Agreement, EMU has admitted APTECH students into INFORMATION TECH, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING and MIS. Due to the EMU collaboration with APTECH , EMU do offer 50% discount for prospective APTECH students. Find out more about APTECH -EMU collaboration at an affordable fee structure.

visit our websites and blog to learn more and if you want to apply you can scan your documents and send to us, scholarship@emu.edu.tr or skull4una@gmail.com and you can also call us to answer your questions.

International Office
Northern Cyprus
http://ic.emu.edu.tr , www.emu.edu.tr, http://emuintcenter..com/
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 2690
Fax +90 392 630 4033
Re: North Cyprus by lolatom: 1:30pm On Dec 06, 2010
wip4:

TRANSFER APPLICANTS:

EMU do accept applications from students from polytechnic, university and college of educations to transfer to one of the global programs offer at EMU. All prospective transfer students will need to have a transcript from their previous institutions and attach with olevel result and send to us. EMU do have AGE LIMIT of 25years for undergraduate applicants, so we can only admit students that is 25yrs or below at point of application. ALL transfer students are also welcome to apply for scholarships. AT EMU, students are allow installment payment for both tuition fees and accommodation.

EMU PARTNER WITH APTECH:

After our last promotional trip to Nigeria, we are happy indeed to have signed a memorandum of understanding with APTECH Limited. APTECH operates in 35 different countries, including Nigeria, and specializes in computer education; now APTECH certificate and diploma students have the chance to complete a full BS degree at Eastern Mediterranean University at an accelerated pace. Students from APTECH can now spend at least 3 semesters at EMU to obtain their degree. Since the Agreement, EMU has admitted APTECH students into INFORMATION TECH, SOFTWARE ENGINEERING and MIS. Due to the EMU collaboration with APTECH , EMU do offer 50% discount for prospective APTECH students. Find out more about APTECH -EMU collaboration at an affordable fee structure.

visit our websites and blog to learn more and if you want to apply you can scan your documents and send to us, scholarship@emu.edu.tr or skull4una@gmail.com and you can also call us to answer your questions.

International Office
Northern Cyprus
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 2690
Fax +90 392 630 4033

I have sent you a mail. please revert back to me asap.
thanks
Re: North Cyprus by pinehearst: 8:50am On Dec 07, 2010
@ WIP
i know i have being asking too many questions lately, so be sincere i commend you for your understanding and time.
Not too many people can take their time to go through every details and respond to every mail.
you are indeed different and unique.
please, i just sent another mail and will greatly appreciate if you can respond to it.
thanks once again.
Re: North Cyprus by lolatom: 12:00pm On Dec 07, 2010
wip4:

TRANSFER APPLICANTS:

EMU PARTNER WITH APTECH:

International Office
Northern Cyprus
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 2690
Fax +90 392 630 4033

I have sent the duly filled copies of the forms you sent to me to your email.
Please get back to me as soon as possible.
THanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 12:30pm On Dec 07, 2010
Pinehearst,

Thanks i have been busy lately because we have some netwk probs at office so i have bulk of work and we are also preparing for EMU promotions at China, switzerland, india etc so i am part of the committee working on these promotions, as pa your email i will find time to reply, also i will confirm from the Rector if possible for you to make double application at once. You can send me your grad application also.

lolatom,

i have gotten ur email i will speak with the concernd department and get back to you asap.
Re: North Cyprus by btluv: 5:14pm On Dec 08, 2010
@ WIP 4
is it still possible to meet up with admission into south Cyprus university. the funds and necessary documents are ready.
i had university of Cyprus in mind , tried searching their site
but kinda confuse about their department of economics and management guess is not taught in English except their MBA. thinking of Msc finance do its 1 and a half years.
Most university programs in Cyprus aren't not in English (i Guess) cos i search Cyprus University of Technology also.

please your advice would greatly be appreciated.
I don't mind you recommending another good university.

thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:32pm On Dec 08, 2010
btluv,

You cant meet Feb admission 2011 in SOUTH CYPRUS again cos the MIGRATION DEPARTMENT gave deadline of receiving all documents attested by MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MIN OF EDUCATION, IMMIGRATION, MINISTRY of HEALTH and minimum of 3200euros by 10th DEC 2010, today is 8th Dec, there is no way you can meet up even you are wizard or unless they extend the date, which i doubt.

Yeah Cyprus uni of tech conduct basically their programs in Greek language and some of university of Cyprus courses are in Greek. You can try EUC, European university of Cyprus, Fredrick university, American college, Nicosia university all these and many others conduct programs with English as medium of instruction. EUC is one of their best but a bit expensive and all universities and colleges in SC have same Immigration rules. you can type these universities in google their websites will come up and check the courses you want. I hope i have answered your questions?
Re: North Cyprus by btluv: 10:07pm On Dec 08, 2010
@ WIP
Thanks i appreciate you taken your time to respond to my question.
can i still meet up with EMU Masters
i went through their site and saw that the Masters fee is $9200. can I still get the 50% with a second class lower?
And what's next for me to do?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 7:03am On Dec 09, 2010
btluv,

Yeah that is the normal Master program FEE at EMU, kindly send your complete application, transcript, certificate to my email and fill the scholarship application as well. i shall ensure you have 50% scholarship to assist your education at EMU.

@ ALL,

Some people have been asking for my Phone number when they emailed me, i wish to inform that i am a Phd Research assistant on contract with EMU and i work at the INTERNATIONAL CENTER of EMU, i am a busy person and dont have much time for recivin personal calls, you can all reach me tru my office contact below during OFFICE HOURS ask for me in case you want speak with me or the international center and you can email me i shall reply your questions pertaining to studies.

International Office
Northern Cyprus
http://ic.emu.edu.tr , www.emu.edu.tr, http://emuintcenter..com/ skull4una@gmail.com, scholarship@emu.edu.tr
+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 2690
+90 392 630 4517
Fax +90 392 630 4033
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2010
Guys on the island, pls give us suggestions on amount on monthly expenses for someone on campus And someone off campus. I plan for 200 euro per month And i'll stay on campus. Hope that budget is fair. Congrats to all those accepted. We shall meet on the island
Re: North Cyprus by Godalone(m): 9:14am On Dec 10, 2010
Wip4
I have paid my cousin's school fee $2100 a week ago but i have not heard from your school. I am the one with this e-mail address little_boy_blue96@yahoo.com please try and reply my mails. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.