Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,073 members, 7,818,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769575 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Cakay: 1:44pm On Jun 19, 2017
As soon as you get a confirmation of payment, know that your name is on its way to the embassy. You should however follow up with your agent to know if your name have been sent and if you applied yourself, put a call to the international office of your school. They should be able to tell you.

tcitachi:

Sir how will one knw his or her name has been sent to d embassy so as to plan for an interview date scheduled around that time so someone won't get turned down bcoz of that... Thanks sir
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2017
tcitachi:

Sir how will one knw his or her name has been sent to d embassy so as to plan for an interview date scheduled around that time so someone won't get turned down bcoz of that... Thanks sir

The applicant will need to get in contact with the concerned university or agent that processed his/her admission. However, because your name is not sent to embassy does not mean student won't be allowed to take visa interview. As soon you received the confirmation of payment or unconditional acceptance letter, you can book the interview by adding at least 2 weeks to when the confirmation is sent by the university. This is based on my experience when I was working in the international centre of the university.

Also, now as the head of the department of my current university, I ensured names are sent within one week when student payment has been received.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
wip7:

The applicant will need to get in contact with the concerned university or agent that processed his/her admission. However, because your name is not sent to embassy does not mean student won't be allowed to take visa interview. As soon you received the confirmation of payment or unconditional acceptance letter, you can book the interview by adding at least 2 weeks to when the confirmation is sent by the university. This is based on my experience when I was working in the international centre of the university.

Also, now as the head of the department of my current university, I ensured names are sent within one week when student payment has been received.

Thank you so much sir u Ve been really helpful
Pls sir can u help us applying for masters on possible visa interview questions so we can b well prepared
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 5:13pm On Jun 19, 2017
wip7:

The time universities send name to embassy is not fixed. However, it mostly tie to when embassy signal the university to start sending names. But I can tell that CSU, EMU, METU will start sending names from July to embassy for those coming in September.

Ok... Thanks a million sir.. I'm actually applying to CIU... I paid my initial school fees deposit with my form A.. Although it didn't take much time because in less than 2 working days the transfer was made... But I've not received my telex copy.. Or do they send telex copies for form A? Thanks in advance sir
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Aperion7:

Ok... Thanks a million sir.. I'm actually applying to CIU... I paid my initial school fees deposit with my form A.. Although it didn't take much time because in less than 2 working days the transfer was made... But I've not received my telex copy.. Or do they send telex copies for form A? Thanks in advance sir

Kindly visit your bank to request for telex copy and send it to the university. If your payment is received, the university will send you unconditional offer and you can start to gather visa documents, schedule your appointment towards end of July or first week August.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:00am On Jun 20, 2017
tcitachi:

Thank you so much sir u Ve been really helpful
Pls sir can u help us applying for masters on possible visa interview questions so we can b well prepared

What do you mean by applying for master on possible visa questions?

If you want me to apply for admission for you, yes send me your complete documents.

If you want to know about visa questions: these questions are not fixed and sometimes the officer at the embassy ask the applicant based on your appearance, documents submitted etc.
However, these are simple questions like why do you choose this course, who is your sponsor and what he/she does etc.
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 8:33am On Jun 20, 2017
wip7:

If you want me to apply for admission for you, yes send me your complete documents.

If you want to know about visa questions: these questions are not fixed and sometimes the officer at the embassy ask the applicant based on your appearance, documents submitted etc.
However, these are simple questions like why do you choose this course, who is your sponsor and what he/she does etc.

Thanks sir I meant students applying for masters or rather going for MSC what re d possible questions we shut expect ...but from ur response I already get some few tips thanks a lot sir... One last question pls sir when is classes starting for fall 2017-2018 session thanks and God bless
Re: North Cyprus by faheez(m): 10:24am On Jun 20, 2017
wip7:

Hey!

It is advisable to obtain FALL admission (Sept 2017 Entry) before 20th of August so as to give room for payment, sending names to embassy and visa appointment delays.

Students Jobs are scarce especially if you don't speak Turkish Language and the pay is basically for survival. Graduates going into academics/research have more jobs opportunity due to increasing number of universities in Cyprus.

There are open/hidden and subtle forms of racism which can easily be found in various countries. Relatively, Cyprus is peaceful and students can move around without fear of being killed and castrated tongue grin.

Don't worry we speak English here grin, you will have fewer issues with that.

If you wish to continue the application, kindly email me your complete documents. Best wishes!
good morning sir wip7 keep up the good work. I have 3 questions for you sir..
1) The duration of studying medicine & nursing and the respective cost of study
2) The authenticity genuineness and acceptability of the certificates in Nigeria and the world above

3) This is a bit Complicated thou,, in Nigeria, we have school of nursings, where pple come out with RN diploma certificates, but the certificate doesn't amount to Bsc nursing, so for someone to have Bsc, one will have to go to university to either do a top-up for some years, in Nigeria is it usually another 4years, in UK it is 1year
so the last question now is.. Nigeria diploma RN--BSc nursing Top Up will run for how many years in Cyprus.

thanks in addy.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2017
faheez:

good morning sir wip7 keep up the good work. I have 3 questions for you sir..
1) The duration of studying medicine & nursing and the respective cost of study

Medicine: 6 years and Nursing undergraduate 4years. Cost varies per University but the range for Medicine in Cyprus is 18-22,000euros per year while Nursing is 3000-4500euro per year inclusive of 50% scholarship. Medicine has no scholarship.

2) The authenticity genuineness and acceptability of the certificates in Nigeria and the world above

In TRNC, there are majorly two accreditations an institution must have, one is the ministry of education in Cyprus which accredits institutions called YODAk (a must). The second is YOK, the accreditation board in the Ministry of Education in Turkey, the YOK is not really a must for universities in Cyprus unless the University requires student from Turkey and since YOK is recognised worldwide so almost all university in TRNC tends to be accredited by YOK also.

So in summary, just like Nigeria, any university accredited by NUC/ministry of education in Nigeria is recognised in almost all country....... same applies to Cyprus.

3) This is a bit Complicated thou,, in Nigeria, we have school of nursings, where pple come out with RN diploma certificates, but the certificate doesn't amount to Bsc nursing, so for someone to have Bsc, one will have to go to university to either do a top-up for some years, in Nigeria is it usually another 4years, in UK it is 1year
so the last question now is.. Nigeria diploma RN--BSc nursing Top Up will run for how many years in Cyprus.
thanks in addy.

There is nothing like Top-up in Cyprus. If you wish to transfer, the University will check the grades, courses you have done and do the transfer. So no specific years to spend and students mostly cant transfer to last year.
Re: North Cyprus by faheez(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2017
wip7:

Medicine: 6 years and Nursing undergraduate 4years. Cost varies per University but the range for Medicine in Cyprus is 18-22,000euros per year while Nursing is 3000-4500euro per year inclusive of 50% scholarship. Medicine has no scholarship.

In TRNC, there are majorly two accreditations an institution must have, one is the ministry of education in Cyprus which accredits institutions called YODAk (a must). The second is YOK, the accreditation board in the Ministry of Education in Turkey, the YOK is not really a must for universities in Cyprus unless the University requires student from Turkey and since YOK is recognised worldwide so almost all university in TRNC tends to be accredited by YOK also.

So in summary, just like Nigeria, any university accredited by NUC/ministry of education in Nigeria is recognised in almost all country....... same applies to Cyprus.

There is nothing like Top-up in Cyprus. If you wish to transfer, the University will check the grades, courses you have done and do the transfer. So no specific years to spend and students mostly cant transfer to last year.

Thanks very very much Mr wip7, I found this very useful, God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:39am On Jun 21, 2017
Cyprus Science University admission for FALL (Sept, 2017) opens!

Re: North Cyprus by Kj40: 11:21am On Jun 21, 2017
@ sir wip7, reference to your CSU picture posted above, is that the only courses available for master program?

what is the least number of courses offered for master degree?

is it possible to start the master program at CSU and finish it at any of this great universities CIU, EMU, NEU.

other gurus can contribute too. thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
Kj40:
@ sir wip7, reference to your CSU picture posted above, is that the only courses available for master program?

what is the least number of courses offered for master degree?

These are courses that have received both Turkish and Cyprus accreditations. Accreditation of other courses have been submitted and as soon they check the facilities and instructors checks, shall be updated.

No restrictions on number of courses.

is it possible to start the master program at CSU and finish it at any of this great universities CIU, EMU, NEU.
other gurus can contribute too. thank you
No restrictions on transfers.
Re: North Cyprus by Coloniel5000(m): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2017
Please I need real advice, don't wonna regret my decision later. Schools like uni of Nicosia, EMU, NEU have given me admission but I have some questions which I need clarification from those who are experienced in the house.

Out of all those schools I prefer NEU becos it relatively low in aspect of fees compare to the rest I think. My master course will take me approximately 4000 euros 350 for each course (7 courses) and 1000euros for thesis. Aside accommodation which have not included.

Am preparing 1.5 million (#) for coming over and hoping that after have settled some bills here, pay part of the tuition fees and accommodation including travel costs when I get there I will work and settle the other bills subsequently.

Now my question is can I get jobs around when I get there to settle these bills which I would not want to call home for help. my family prefer USA because they believe life there is better and one could get jobs around to fed for himself and settle bill, but for now am just too made up for turkey can't wait another whole year doing nothing safe processing another admission in USA university.
Re: North Cyprus by Juzzywezzy(m): 7:30am On Jun 22, 2017
Coloniel5000:
Please I need real advice, don't wonna regret my decision later. Schools like uni of Nicosia, EMU, NEU have given me admission but I have some questions which I need clarification from those who are experienced in the house.

Out of all those schools I prefer NEU becos it relatively low in aspect of fees compare to the rest I think. My master course will take me approximately 4000 euros 350 for each course (7 courses) and 1000euros for thesis. Aside accommodation which have not included.

Am preparing 1.5 million (#) for coming over and hoping that after have settled some bills here, pay part of the tuition fees and accommodation including travel costs when I get there I will work and settle the other bills subsequently.

Now my question is can I get jobs around when I get there to settle these bills which I would not want to call home for help. my family prefer USA because they believe life there is better and one could get jobs around to fed for himself and settle bill, but for now am just too made up for turkey can't wait another whole year doing nothing safe processing another admission in USA university.

that's an intelligent question asked above, please I know most of us have this question in mind to ask especially me, I plead on all gurus in the house answer this question realistically and sincerely as always...Thank you and God bless!!!
Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 8:52am On Jun 22, 2017
Juzzywezzy:

that's an intelligent question asked above, please I know most of us have this question in mind to ask especially me, I plead on all gurus in the house answer this question realistically and sincerely as always...Thank you and God bless!!!

Yes o most of us going for MSC have these questions in mind and we need d experience and gurus in d house to help clarify tins and let us knw d advantages and disadvantages and what we will go and face there how to cope and how to survive... Pls sirs in d house help us with this God bless you
Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2017
Finding job to fend for yourself is difficult but not impossible, however your luck might be different from that of others.
If you have admission for masters in NEU, you can apply for the scholarship to reduce your tuition. depending on your CGPA you will get at least 25% of to 100%.

I don't know what your N1.5m can get you, but my advice is when you come, which ever school you choose, pay all your tuition upfront. Use form A to trnafer the money to save cost.
Juzzywezzy:

Re: North Cyprus by tcitachi: 11:43am On Jun 22, 2017
ike121:
Finding job to fend for yourself is difficult but not impossible, however your luck might be different from that of others.
If you have admission for masters in NEU, you can apply for the scholarship to reduce your tuition. depending on your CGPA you will get at least 25% of to 100%.

I don't know what your N1.5m can get you, but my advice is when you come, which ever school you choose, pay all your tuition upfront. Use form A to trnafer the money to save cost.

I heard form A will take time like months before schools in north Cyprus will see it
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 2:19pm On Jun 22, 2017
Please when filling the visa appointment form... If one makes a mistake in his/her name.. I mean in terms of spelling or ommission of a letter.. How possible is it to correct it... Or how can the issue be resolved??

cc: wip7.. godsong.. Ike121

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
tcitachi:

I heard form A will take time like months before schools in north Cyprus will see it

I don't think so.. A friend of mine used form A and his own reflected in less than 3 working days.. I think it depends tho.. But its better to be on the safer side
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:56pm On Jun 22, 2017
Aperion7:
Please when filling the visa appointment form... If one makes a mistake in his/her name.. I mean in terms of spelling or ommission of a letter.. How possible is it to correct it... Or how can the issue be resolved??

cc: wip7.. godsong.. Ike121

Thanks

The form can be edited before submission and also, since you have pre-filled the pre-visa form the appointment form should automatically extract your data during appointments reservation so should not have issues filling ur details again.

However, if you have filled wrong details and submitted, you can cancel the appointment and reserve new one.
Re: North Cyprus by Coloniel5000(m): 4:04pm On Jun 22, 2017
Is as if getting jobs in North Cyprus is really difficult based on the scant reply my question above is getting. A friend of mine in CIU once told me that "it our money they need, they are using our money to develop the island". Abeg this things na true? And again o, which one be FORM A.
I think is better to ask the most silly question than getting lost an clueless and besides self nobody know my face. Abeg make una help me out.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2017
wip7:

Hello sir, I have an HND cert. From Nigeria with distinction in Electrical engineering. I will like to know if this certificate is recognized in north Cyprus and if I can apply for masters or a premasters course. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:42am On Jun 23, 2017
Adeolaraji:

Hello sir, I have an HND cert. From Nigeria with distinction in Electrical engineering. I will like to know if this certificate is recognized in north Cyprus and if I can apply for masters or a premasters course. Thanks

Yes, some university does recognise it for a master program. When you are ready, email me a complete transcript, international passport page and certificate.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:54am On Jun 23, 2017
Coloniel5000:
Is as if getting jobs in North Cyprus is really difficult based on the scant reply my question above is getting. A friend of mine in CIU once told me that "it our money they need, they are using our money to develop the island". Abeg this things na true? And again o, which one be FORM A.
I think is better to ask the most silly question than getting lost an clueless and besides self nobody know my face. Abeg make una help me out.

For those that will be looking for academic jobs with PhD degree, a bunch of such jobs are getting more and more these days due to a number of universities opening up. For months now, we have been looking PhD graduate in Tourism and EEE, etc in my university. Likewise bunch of academic vacancies flying up and down now..basically PhD holders! with good pay but still, comes with competition and depends on nature of the area of studies. Is not automatic, but the chances are higher and currently we have growing number of Africans with PhD degrees being employed in both private and governmental institutions.

For student casual jobs, some find jobs in hotels, restaurants, farms, constructions etc....these nature of jobs hardly require educational qualifications, pay can be low, job hours can be long, these kinds of jobs can be scarce, sometimes so so hard to come by, sometimes some find it so easy.....it's basically just for survival.

All prospective students are advised to ensure they have full 2 years fees, accommodation, living expenses and stable sponsor before they embark on the journey as a word of advice!
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 7:49am On Jun 23, 2017
wip7:

The form can be edited before submission and also, since you have pre-filled the pre-visa form the appointment form should automatically extract your data during appointments reservation so should not have issues filling ur details again.

However, if you have filled wrong details and submitted, you can cancel the appointment and reserve new one.

Thank you sir.. I really appreciate
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 24, 2017
wip7:

Yes, some university does recognise it for a master program. When you are ready, email me a complete transcript, international passport page and certificate.
Thank you sir but how do I get your email so I can forward them to you. I actually don't have my transcript now but I can get it in the next two weeks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:32am On Jun 25, 2017
Adeolaraji:

Thank you sir but how do I get your email so I can forward them to you. I actually don't have my transcript now but I can get it in the next two weeks

Check the footer of each of my response ..you will find my email address.
Re: North Cyprus by Aperion7(m): 9:55am On Jun 25, 2017
Anyone currently at CIU... please your attention is needed here

https://www.nairaland.com/3880965/anyone-cyprus-international-university

Thank you
Re: North Cyprus by America001: 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2017
Sir wip7 please help me out on this. I'm a third class graduate of a Nigerian University and I'm 25. Can I apply for a PGD in any Cyprus University or is it still possible for me to be admitted at undergraduate level? Please your contribution will be highly cherished
Re: North Cyprus by ike121: 2:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
Of course it takes time, but its a cheaper way for you if you want to save cost.
tcitachi:

Re: North Cyprus by saintandsinnerz: 10:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
I don't know why people with the main intention of hustling but want to use school as a means to travel will go to a place like Northern Cyprus. There are no enough jobs in there! If you don't have a capable sponsor there is a high tendency you will suffer. I have a schoolmate who went there for school (though with the intention of hustling) but has to return when he couldn't find a job. My advice is that if your major reason is to go there to hustle and make up the rest of your tuition fee, please reconsider your choice. But if you have a capable hand to see you through until the end then you can give it a shot. Why can't you people try South Korea? They have relative cheap tuition fee and jobs you can do why studying. There is a thread about it already in Nairaland, peace.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.