Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769815 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by temmym3(m): 9:52pm On Jan 11, 2011
embarassed Really 2day marks one of d saddest day in ma lyf, was thinking of paying EMU tuition 2day so i could meet the 15th Deadline. As faith may hav it, i couldnt. Mayb this january aint yet my own time. I say congratulations to all EMU students who are set to depart 4rm naija. Hope 2 see u soon. Bro WIP abeg we get talk o, i ll email u so as to know my next step. Thanks for bein helpful all this while embarassed
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 10:36pm On Jan 11, 2011
temmym3:

embarassed Really 2day marks one of d saddest day in ma lyf, was thinking of paying EMU tuition 2day so i could meet the 15th Deadline. As faith may hav it, i couldnt. Mayb this january aint yet my own time. I say congratulations to all EMU students who are set to depart 4rm naija. Hope 2 see u soon. Bro WIP abeg we get talk o, i ll email u so as to know my next step. Thanks for bein helpful all this while embarassed

lol dis guy cool down mehn, u can still pay, talk to wip maybe there is something he can do for you, and come to think of it, is today not 11th?
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 10:37pm On Jan 11, 2011
boy0f80s:

@tEsLim
Pls i just get my acceptance letter too. am about to pay my fees.
i live at lekki phase 2 off abraham adeshina estate in lagos.
Pls call me so that we can discuss more 08037992338 or muhdt02@yahoo.com.
Looking forward to meet you

dont you think this is oo much information on a public forum like this?
Re: North Cyprus by tEsLim(m): 8:34am On Jan 12, 2011
And dont expect a call from Teslim either. So dont be fool when a scammer contacts you and say his name is Teslim PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!! I no go even dey naija from next week so no point.
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 1:13pm On Jan 12, 2011
tEsLim:

And dont expect a call from Teslim either. So dont be fool when a scammer contacts you and say his name is Teslim PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!! I no go even dey naija from next week so no point.

brotherly, , how far when u dey come cyprus, abeg can u please drop me your yahoo chat messenger or your phone number, ?
Re: North Cyprus by tEsLim(m): 1:27pm On Jan 12, 2011
Na next week Tuesday. add me on yahoo koboless2000 at yahoo.com let me know its you Yemming
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 9:33pm On Jan 13, 2011
bro i don add you, lets talk on yahoo,
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
Guys, where my fellow ciu ppl dey? Na only emu students i dey see for embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by lolatom: 7:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
teslim , I'll like to add you to my messenger list with your kind permission. I want us to discuss offline.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:20am On Jan 15, 2011
Dear Prospective EMU students,

I wish to inform you all, that those that had received their confirmation letters can now go to the embassy and apply for their visas. We had sent your names to the embassy and in case you are told your name is on the list kindly insist the school already informed you your name was sent, to me its like they derived happiness SAYING your name is not on the list. In case you have such problem at embassy not Only Nigerian but also Cameroonian kindly contact our international office and we shall strive at our best to solve your problems.

VERY VERY IMPORTANT NOTE:

All students admitted Must received a full acceptance package from EMU first by email and also by post( which take time) and this package contains EMU official bank accounts which prospective students can pay their money into and send us payment slip to trace their payments before we can send them CONFIRMATION LETTERS. DO NOT in any circumstance send money to anybody's account claiming to help you pay the fees here at Cyprus, I WARN YOU ALL. When you get your acceptance letter KINDLY insist you want to pay into EMU official bank account which carries EMU name as the receiver of the money . If you send your money to anybody here to pay for you and your money got lost or missing. EMU and Mr WIP are saying YOU ARE OWN YOUR OWN.

Last Monday will be the 5th case a parent or uncle will call saying their son or daughter paid to his or her friends and they are yet to receive CONFIRMATION LETTERS which i traced i discovered NO payment was done on behalf of the said students. Some will pay ONLY half payment and the student will arrive here and found out ONLY half payment was done on his or her behalf. I already have two cases like that, a woman called my office to confirm balance of her daughter which i told her ONLY 600USD was paid for your daughter and she said NO they paid 1500USD that the friends convince them so they can balance up later. PLEASE be warn. PAY to the bank YOURSELF.

Also Fall Exams end 18th of January at EMU, I urge incoming new students to book their flight to arrive here after 20th January due to the fact that if you come earlier than this date, might pose some difficulties for us picking you up at airport, lodging you at a room for the period of your registration since old students hostel and still filled up with students writing exams and some will need time to vacate the rooms to allow new students to come in and more over Official Registration for new students is FEB 7th and classes commence FEB 10th, so i keep wondering what will you be doing here wasting your money till registration and classes? We want to serve you the best ONLY if you listen to advise.

Kindly send us you pick up service form at-least 3days to your arrival so that we can pick you up and if you dont know how to read the FLIGHT NUMBER and DEPARTURE TIME kindly give somebody nearby that KNOWS that so we don't miss you at airport.

Regards,

International Office

Eastern Mediterranean University

Northern Cyprus

http://ic.emu.edu.tr, www.emuintcenter..com, www.emu.edu.tr
scholarship@emu.edu.tr

+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2690
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2006(m): 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2011
wip longest time

how work?

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:05am On Jan 16, 2011
suxes2006,

Am great my brother. hope you are doing good. wish you da best !
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2011
Mr wip, pls as first timers, is there any specification as to the type of ticket to be bought? Cos an agent told me i hv to get a 2way ticket. Pls i'll like to confirm
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2011
abdulladi,

You can buy one way, which i do advice new students to even buy if you are traveling to NC. one way is possible. Your agents want more commissions from the airlines so two ways give higher return. try Another agent or go straight to the Airport and you will find all the airline counter you can buy yourself. The embassy or immigration of NC has nothing to do with the number of ways you buy on your way to NC. goodluk!
Re: North Cyprus by temmym3(m): 1:44am On Jan 17, 2011
@WIP , Brov abeg u v got a mail.
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 7:39am On Jan 17, 2011
Thnx Bros. God bless u
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2006(m): 2:05pm On Jan 17, 2011
wip i'm fine oooo

i nid talk to you about the Turkey stuff
@Yemi King, u just bone ur guy e no gud oo

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 10:41pm On Jan 19, 2011
suxes2006:

wip i'm fine oooo

i nid talk to you about the Turkey stuff
@Yemi King, u just bone your guy e no gud oo

SHALOM

baba i no bone u ooo/, na exam make me busy mehn, how u dey na?
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2006(m): 11:41pm On Jan 19, 2011
Yemming:

baba i no bone u ooo/, na exam make me busy mehn, how u dey na?

Tnx bruv, hapi new year
im cool as well

nid to talk to you about something

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 8:40am On Jan 20, 2011
suxes2006:

Tnx bruv, hapi new year
im cool as well

nid to talk to you about something

SHALOM

ok bro nothing do u , i go call you, or make we talk on yahoo messenger
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2011

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by DePriest2(m): 1:46am On Jan 24, 2011
I just gained admission to EUL northern cyprus, though I hav paid my skool fees, pls I want to know the cost of accommodation for outside campus, the price they gav me for their hostel is too expensive, I need somebody to put me through.
Re: North Cyprus by tEsLim(m): 12:46pm On Jan 25, 2011
Finally I"m gonna talk. I've been in North Cyprus for a week now. I came very early thinking there was actual English Proficiency test for Nigerians not knowing we get exemptions with our results. I completed my registration the 2nd day its not like how stressful it was doing registration in Naija. The town is a beautiful place and the school is more beautiful. The school i think have problems with their PR people and can't market themselves better or provide better pictures of their school on the website sad because its sexy cool than you prolly think it is from their website,  lol and they actually do have a PR Department. Its nice looking peaceful town. You can walk around anytime. Drinking not allowed on campus and girls not allowed in the boys dormitory lol cheesy. So I see people turn cigarette to life partners :p ,  and if you have weed/marijuana as vice stop it its capital poo here you could be looking at serious jail. I have a brand new rizzla unopened and that I may never open again sad .

I have taking more than 50 pictures cheesy private archive I may share some later. Good food but could be expensive for students if you get to think about it. But what I'll tell you is that what would you expect from an holiday island? Well things are quite expensive but you still can't compare it to Uk  or USA though there are more chances of maybe getting job opportunity in a more industrialized country like US/Uk. I think this could be the most expensive times of your life! Spending 2years to 4years on an holiday island so be prepared for it. Because even eyinbo's self only come here for holiday and leave. But as human I believe we have a way of adapting to our new environment and surviving atleast its not like you are in the wilderness.

I've been spending an average of 20TL daily on my meals since I got here that's like N2,000 daily i eat twice. The Mediterranean food is good, i like their cuisine.  DOnt forget to bring your MasterCard (GTB MasterCard the naira card) thats what I use to get around. Its free from charges when you use the POS. But charge you 1k naira per withdrawal from the ATM. I think its a must for students to come with this type of card. So your parents can make payment to your gtb accounts and you could just pull it out or spend the money else sap fit worry you here.

Shopping is not as bad as I taught, but I heard it will be far cheaper in Turkey. I need more warm dress so visited Levis, Nike, and maybe a Turkish designer RodiMood (I dont know that label before now). Did some fair buying of warm sweet tops wink.  Temperature in the country is fair compared to what it would be in other EU countries. I believe anything colder than this is racist for the black man cheesy I hate too much cold where you can't even touch the tap screw lol.

I found a 3bedroom flat just yesterday and its 800k per year and I have to pay minimum of 6months with some deposit around 400k. Normally 2bedrooms I found earlier where around 6k euros for 10months. Lol this idiots where even counting semesters for me. I like privacy so can't stay in the dorm. I'm still in the temporary dorm but can't bear it. I have 3 Iraq roommate leaving today they found another dorm. Actually they make noise at night while playing poker, pee on the toilet seats, hair litters the bathroom floor after hot bath ,  i think their body is like chicken because i wonder how much hair drops when they bath with hot water.  I just don't feel comfortable sharing room. Between i'm expecting two of my friends later that's why i got the 3bedroom wink. If they don't come i can sublet on of the rooms out you know the price already. And that excludes water, electric and internet bills. But its walkable distance from school very near school cheesy ,  with nice balcony/rooftop cheesy . Living abroad dont come cheap most especially when living in a place where I think will be difficult to get job. I saw a black girl at a restaurant though i dont know how much they pay her; couldn't ask that would be disrespectful.

I wont tell people not to come ,  but I seriously will advice that you have good continuous source of income. Or if for example if your parent can set aside certain amount of money for you to do business while studying here. i.e maybe if you could be buying stuffs from turkey and reselling in Nigeria or doing something on the sidekick. But if you are super-financed from home you will just enjoy your studies. And yeah the locals are friendly; I've been asked more than twice by Turkish men to hook them up with a black girl in return for a Turkish girl. Btw Turkish girls are quit snubbing they mostly wont answer regular hello / hi poo if they don't know you lol. We get different background ,  so street toasting might be $)(*#$R*(#@

I'm just going to try enjoy myself the best I can. Dont forget come with all your electronics gadgets (ps3, psp, ipods - plus they're expensive here) to keep your entertained you will have down times lol ,  so now when i take long walk i gotta be on my Ipod something I dont really use much in Naija.

Sorry for typographical errors if there are some because I'm not about to proof read this i just type it straight out from the mind

And know the currency as soon as you get in. I've been ripped someone gave me 1 lira coin (100 naira) that is no longer in US. And I've been ripped by waiters 3 to 4times. They can spot a newbie I guess. They try to keep your change i.e short-changing you or inflating price by 1lira
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 4:27pm On Jan 25, 2011
Wzup teslim, i think we met at the ministry. Told u i got into ciu instead. Just wonderin cos the way u mk ur posts seem like the way u talk. I hope am right sha. U wore white that day and there was this grl that did attestation for a friend in south cyprus. Isn't it?
Re: North Cyprus by tEsLim(m): 10:03pm On Jan 25, 2011
Cool , lol almost taught you got psychic powers, can't remember cloth i wore though undecided , how are you ? You applied for your visa yet? And how come I type the way I talk lol? Did I say lol that day while talking to you?
Re: North Cyprus by shaq32: 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2011
I have a question to ask. Is it possible for someone to transfer from cyprus to the USA/CANADA after one semester in a university in NC?? Grad school, cos an agency said it is possible but i would like to find out first before jumping in. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 11:39pm On Jan 25, 2011
Funny enough teslim, u used lols that day. I'll be arrivin on the 8th tho.this ur 2k per day on food high o! But God will see ur thru sha.meet u again soon
Re: North Cyprus by Yemming(m): 4:29pm On Jan 26, 2011
@teslim,

nice post, but brodaly, you've only been here for just one week, i'm sure there are still alot of things you dont know, like spending 20lira on food, you can as well spend 10 lira. 5 lira or buy ur food stuff it all boils down on your lifestyle, even the apartment, not everyone is buoyant like you, so just in case you cant afford such, there are cheaper accomodations for students elsewhere and if you cant afford an apartment, you can go for school dormitory or a one bedroom apartment,

shaq32:

I have a question to ask. Is it possible for someone to transfer from cyprus to the USA/CANADA after one semester in a university in NC?? Grad school, cos an agency said it is possible but i would like to find out first before jumping in. thanks

in your best interest, i will advice you to choose a school where you will be accord the luxury of going to canada/usa on a student exchange program or even transfer, a school whose transcript is recognise worldwide, the ball is in your court brov, make your research very well before doing anything, you can ask fellow NC students on the thread and im sure they will put you through,

I want to use this medium to welcome all new students coming into the island and wish them happy stay, dont listen to negative words, it is not working for them doesn't mean it wont work for you,

Eka bo, hosgediniz
Re: North Cyprus by pinehearst: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2011
Pls House
Can i still get my documents authenticated if i get to the Ministry of education 1pm.
Hoping to authenticate Thursday and apply Friday cos i gats be back to lag by saturday.
thanks for your contribution in advance
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2011
Pineheart, i don't think u can. I'll post workin times of edu, foreign affairs and embassy soon So u can plan ur days
Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme: 7:55pm On Jan 26, 2011
@ tEsLim

Welcome to Famagusta. I can't deny the fact that i love this Island.
I think you are spending a lot on food 20box daily isn't good man, look around you there are cheaper ways to eat good food, probably even better than you are eating now.

You are paying 6000euro(12000YTL) for your house? and that's excluding water? c'mon man, I stay in a 1bedroom place, roof-top, nice balcony with a great view and I pay 6000YTL including water, the highest I have paid for electricity is 50YTL. I go to Istanbul quite regularly for business and I must tell you that the difference in price is un-believable, so if you will be buying a lot of things, save-up for Istanbul.

What are you studying, Post or Under-grad? Welcome once again, we might get to meet some day. Cheers mate
Re: North Cyprus by shaq32: 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
@YEMMING thanks.
The school proposed to me was Americanos College. The agency says i can register for a semester and then transfer to canada where the school has an affiliation.
House i wont mind contributions at all as i am looking at making a decision ASAP.
I am looking at an MBA programme.

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.