Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (336) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768368 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by mosthigh33: 1:51pm On Jan 12, 2020
Hello.

Please I will like to know if it’s still OKtoBoard?..
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 9:46pm On Jan 12, 2020
Pls as a student should I book my flight one way or two ways

Two ways is kinda expensive
Re: North Cyprus by hammed71(m): 10:05pm On Jan 12, 2020
eldest:
Pls as a student should I book my flight one way or two ways

Two ways is kinda expensive
one way
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 6:13am On Jan 13, 2020
hammed71:
one way
thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:14am On Jan 13, 2020
mosthigh33:
Hello Everyone

Please I will like to know if it’s still OKtoBoard?..

You can use OKTB....
Re: North Cyprus by Everythingyou(f): 7:48am On Jan 13, 2020
hammed71:
one way
One way.
Re: North Cyprus by sharedalike: 8:14am On Jan 13, 2020
wip7:

You can use OKTB....

Good day @Wip7... I'm very new here. I was doing some research on studying in Cyprus before i came to this topic.

Please i will like to know if admission is still on for master student.
I'm looking forward to apply at Girne American University in North Cyprus.
And what are the necessary document i need to have or prepare here in Nigeria before starting my application?

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 8:26am On Jan 13, 2020
wip7:
Recent changes with North Cyprus IMMIGRATION POLICY

1. We have been instructed by the TRNC Ministry of Foreign Affairs that due to the recent changes in the immigration policies of the country, University is required to inform the Ercan Airport about the arrival of the new students prior to their arrivals. Therefore, please make sure you share your Flight Details 5-10 (ten) days prior to your departure with your university.

2. Ensure you have your original documents (WEAC or NECO (undergraduate) or University certificate and transcript (graduates)) with you as Immigration Officer will check at airport. Some students have been deported for not having original documents.
Good day WIP and good job. Please in the case of a missing original document for waec or neco can the student show the immigration a cover letter from the University?
Re: North Cyprus by Everythingyou(f): 10:32am On Jan 13, 2020
Anazp:
Good day WIP and good job. Please in the case of a missing original document for waec or neco can the student show the immigration a cover letter from the University?

No No. Come with your ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS. A LOT OF STUDENTS HAD ISSUES WITH THAT.
Re: North Cyprus by Harfoe741: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2020
wip7:

You can use OKTB....

Good day wip7
How can I get ok to board. I have all the requirements and documents and I am to resume to CIU by February
Re: North Cyprus by iphi(m): 11:06am On Jan 13, 2020
sharedalike:

Good day @Wip7... I'm very new here. I was doing some research on studying in Cyprus before i came to this topic.

And what are the necessary document i need to have or prepare here in Nigeria before starting my application?

Thanks

Still very much available
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
iphi:

Still very much available
Good day. Please if I'm issued a Visa by Turkish Embassy can I enter TRNC without my original waec document? Thank you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
Harfoe741:

Good day wip7
How can I get ok to board. I have all the requirements and documents and I am to resume to CIU by February

I replied your email on requirements and OKTB price. It’s processed 2-3 days.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
Anazp:
Good day. Please if I'm issued a Visa by Turkish Embassy can I enter TRNC without my original waec document? Thank you

You likely be deported next day and also you need original documents for university registration.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
sharedalike:

Thanks

Admission available until end of January and what program are you interested in?
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 12:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
wip7:

You likely be deported next day and also you need original documents for university registration.
ok thank you so much sir. The school however sent me a cover letter can I tender this to immigration at Ercan? Thank you sir
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:08pm On Jan 13, 2020
Anazp:
ok thank you so much sir. The school however sent me a cover letter can I tender this to immigration at Ercan? Thank you sir

Ask the university. I was at a meeting with the immigration official they asked for original documents but if your university issued you a signed and stamped cover letter it may work but I don’t know. Ensure you ask your university directly.

Best wishes and safe trip!
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
wip7:

Ask the university. I was at a meeting with the immigration official they asked for original documents but if your university issued you a signed and stamped cover letter it may work but I don’t know. Ensure you ask your university directly.

Best wishes and safe trip!
ok sir. Please sir can you help with the oktb? Thank you sir
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:53pm On Jan 13, 2020
Anazp:
ok sir. Please sir can you help with the oktb? Thank you sir

Yes...I can.

Please also, send me the letter your university issued as back up to me when you are emailing me OKTB requirements.
Re: North Cyprus by Anazp: 6:49pm On Jan 13, 2020
wip7:

Yes...I can.

Please also, send me the letter your university issued as back up to me when you are emailing me OKTB requirements.
ok
Re: North Cyprus by Flaame(m): 9:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
Please,I need an urgent response. How much is the Turkish visa? And does the payment include insurance payment? Is north Cyprus a nice place to live and get an education?
Re: North Cyprus by sharedalike: 11:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
wip7:

Admission available until end of January and what program are you interested in?

I'm Interested in Management Information System ( MIS ), or course related to computer science... ( I have a 2:2 result in my BSC). I have this friend who was studying at Girne American University in North Cyprus since 2017 and has been feeding me with some information about studying and living in North Cyprus. He was telling me to apply also, but due to research i have made and the news i heard about the hard life schooling in Cyprus if someone does not have financial support or sponsors, i decided to look other big country for admission and visa where i can be studying and be working, but that did not work out for me.... and that has kept me home for almost 2 years now, which i ended up spending up all the money with me for something else.

Just last week, i called this aunt of mine in Arizona, just to say hello and wish her happy new year... then she started asking me what am i doing now... bla... bla... bla... i told her for now nothing but i'm trying to look for a job. The next thing i heard her say on the phone... why don't you look for a country with a cheap school fees you can apply for in your masters and let me see how i can help you, but not more than 3,500 euro or rather 4,000 dollar. So i just thank her and told her i will get back to her before the end of this week, then i started doing research on one of those country with a low tuition fee. Due to the amount she told me she can help me with and for me not to stay too long at home waiting for admission or visa from those big countries, i have decided to apply for admission in North Cyprus or better still a country that will give me less stress on visa issue and not spend another year at home again waiting for visa.
The bad thing is that i have lost contact with my friends in North Cyprus since mid 2019... So i'm trying to source out information on my own and how to go there for studies or better still find cheaper school in one of this small country. Please Wip7 and all the enlightened gurus in the house, i need your advise on this ohh or you guys should put your self in my shoes and make me understand what step you will take.

Thanks...
Re: North Cyprus by sharedalike: 11:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
wip7:

I got informed that i have to pay 1000 euro from the 3200 euro for school fees which is for 2 courses before i can get admission in the school, and the complete school fees for the 6 courses is 3200 euro... each courses i registered will need to be paid for until i complete the couses for my first year.

Please i want to know... How much will the OTB cost and do anyone have idea of any cheap flight...
Apart from the 1000 euro for the school fees, how much do i need to have in my position that will land me in North Cyprus ?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:28am On Jan 14, 2020
Flaame:
Please,I need an urgent response. How much is the Turkish visa? And does the payment include insurance payment? Is north Cyprus a nice place to live and get an education?

Visit Turkish embassy website of your country of residence, all payment and details you need is stated there. Here is just a forum not the embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:38am On Jan 14, 2020
sharedalike:

Please i want to know... How much will the OTB cost and do anyone have idea of any cheap flight...
Apart from the 1000 euro for the school fees, how much do i need to have in my position that will land me in North Cyprus ?

Flight price is not fixed so this depends on the date you are traveling. OKTB and flight for a student traveling in February cost around 550-600k.

Apart from initial tuition payment (1000 euro), you need to have extra money for registration (your university should tell you usually low or deducted from your initial payment). You need to have money for medical test and resident permit (should cost you around 100-150 $), you need to have money for accommodation which will cost 1500-2000$ (per academic year (10 months) depending on the location of your university, you need to have atleast 100-150$ monthly for buying food and other things.

After paying fees and want to do OKTB +flight, contact me.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:48am On Jan 14, 2020
sharedalike:

how i can help you, but not more than 3,500 euro or rather 4,000 dollar. So i just thank her and told her i will get back to her before the end of this week, then i started doing research on one of those country with a low tuition fee.

Please Wip7 and all the enlightened gurus in the house, i need your advise on this ohh or you guys should put your self in my shoes and make me understand what step you will take.

Thanks...

If she is ready to sponsor your education and accommodation for period of your studies then that will be great.

If you pay earlier to the university you can apply for a visa and travel by one way flight.

If you get a visa with one-way flight should not cost you more than 300-400k if you fly by emirate or Qatar airline depending on time of flight.

Best wishes
Re: North Cyprus by sharedalike: 9:35am On Jan 14, 2020
wip7:

If she is ready to sponsor your education and accommodation for period of your studies then that will be great.

If you pay earlier to the university you can apply for a visa and travel by one way flight.

If you get a visa with one-way flight should not cost you more than 300-400k if you fly by emirate or Qatar airline depending on time of flight.

Best wishes

Yes she is ready to sponsor... Because i spoke to my brother some days ago whom recently move to USA and he is living with her in Arizona, he told me he has explained everything to her that there is no job there and life there is expensive because my brother has a friend who went there to study back then. But never the less, i'm depending on both of them while schooling there. cool cool cool

For the OKTB and the Flight, i will surely contact you because i know nothing about the OKTB and this is the first time i'm hearing something like this.
If i may ask you sir, is it that i will apply for OKTB or i will just buy flight ticket then fly to Cyprus and get the OKTB at the port of entry?
If the question i asked above is correct, what do i tell the Nigeria Immigration at the point of departure?

Lastly... apart from the listed below, what kind of document should i prepare myself with when coming so that i will not have any issue at the port of entry?.

O'Level Result/Certificate
University Transcript
Yellow Card
BTA

Please i will appreciate any other info i need on this.
Re: North Cyprus by sharedalike: 9:51am On Jan 14, 2020
wip7:

Flight price is not fixed so this depends on the date you are traveling. OKTB and flight for a student traveling in February cost around 550-600k.

Apart from initial tuition payment (1000 euro), you need to have extra money for registration (your university should tell you usually low or deducted from your initial payment). You need to have money for medical test and resident permit (should cost you around 100-150 $), you need to have money for accommodation which will cost 1500-2000$ (per academic year (10 months) depending on the location of your university, you need to have atleast 100-150$ monthly for buying food and other things.

After paying fees and want to do OKTB +flight, contact me.

Best wishes!

Are these money paid in dollar or euro... i heard they use euro and pounds mostly there.
Bro i need to do all my calculation well before i call my Aunt.. Because Dollar and Euro or Pounds has big difference when paying bills. I need to be sure of any amount i'm telling her... grin grin grin
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:40am On Jan 14, 2020
sharedalike:

For the OKTB and the Flight, i will surely contact you because i know nothing about the OKTB and this is the first time i'm hearing something like this.
If i may ask you sir, is it that i will apply for OKTB or i will just buy flight ticket then fly to Cyprus and get the OKTB at the port of entry?
If the question i asked above is correct, what do i tell the Nigeria Immigration at the point of departure?

Lastly... apart from the listed below, what kind of document should i prepare myself with when coming so that i will not have any issue at the port of entry?.

O'Level Result/Certificate
University Transcript
Yellow Card
BTA

Please i will appreciate any other info i need on this.

When you are ready, email me for OKTB. Don't worry about immigration in Nigeria or Cyprus, I have dedicated immigration officials and i deal directly with the concerned airline.

Yes, originals of those listed documents are needed.

Are these money paid in dollar or euro... i heard they use euro and pounds mostly there. Bro i need to do all my calculation well before i call my Aunt.. Because Dollar and Euro or Pounds has big difference when paying bills. I need to be sure of any amount i'm telling her... grin grin grin

GAU fees are in Euro. GAU is located in Kyrenia where house rents are generally charged in British pounds but other living expenses is in local currency (Turkish lira). As an estimate, do the calculation of 150-200USD for a room per month inclusive of utility bills. If you are not a Tiger or Buffalo, I believe you can eat just 100$ a month also.

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by sharedalike: 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
wip7:

When you are ready, email me for OKTB. Don't worry about immigration in Nigeria or Cyprus, I have dedicated immigration officials and i deal directly with the concerned airline.

Yes, originals of those listed documents are needed.

GAU fees are in Euro. GAU is located in Kyrenia where house rents are generally charged in British pounds but other living expenses is in local currency (Turkish lira). As an estimate, do the calculation of 150-200USD for a room per month inclusive of utility bills. If you are not a Tiger or Buffalo, I believe you can eat just 100$ a month also.

Ok boss... well noted. I will email you and keep you updated.
Re: North Cyprus by junsleek101: 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hello house
I just got admission into emu. Did I need to apply for visa or can I buy ticket and pay for visa on arrival. Please put me through
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:42am On Jan 15, 2020
junsleek101:
Hello house
I just got admission into emu. Did I need to apply for visa or can I buy ticket and pay for visa on arrival. Please put me through

You can do the one that pleases you and also satisfies your pocket.

You must pay your tuition fee first before you arrive CYPRUS very important.

You can apply for visa at the embassy: meaning you will go to embassy in Abuja, submit all the required documents and if you are found suitable will be issued visa and you can come by atleast one-way ticket. This option is relatively cheaper becos you can come with one-way ticket provided you are issued a visa. It may be lengthy process but you may wish to experience the joy of visiting embassy.

You may get visa on arrival: this is comparably slightly expensive because you must come with two-way ticket. But you don’t need to worry about embassy. It’s usually processed within 1-5 days. This also may change at anytime based on the immigration rules/comes with varying regulations. For now it’s easiest way if you can afford it.

Choose which favors you.

Best wishes on your trip!

(1) (2) (3) ... (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.