Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:19 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (335) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768373 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by neoeverest(m): 4:39pm On Dec 29, 2019
Depends on the crowd you will meet when you go and if the staffs are around too
Phynad:

How long does it take for your results to be authenticated at ministry of education and foreign affairs.. And is it only the waec result that is needed?
Re: North Cyprus by PucciGuru(m): 11:20pm On Dec 30, 2019
neoeverest:
You have said it all sir. I'm currently studying at
Near East University. Everything you said are correct. Here is not heaven, neither is it hell. If you have the money to sponsor yourself, you are highly welcome to the island and you won't be disappointed. But if you have the mind or motive to come and hustle, please look somewhere else. No body here is forcing anyone to come here at gun point.

Please Is there teaching or research assistantships at NEU?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:57am On Jan 01, 2020
My First Scientific Publication in 2020

Research Summary: Pollution from industries using dyes is increasing at an alarming rate. Azo dyes represent ~68% of dyestuff production globally and are the most widely synthetic colourant released into the environment from textile, leather, printing, cosmetic and paper industries. Azo dyes contain one or more azo linkages in their structure, generally persistent, stable to light, refractory to both anaerobic and aerobic digestions and bio-resistant in the water bodies. Their presence of even trace concentration in the water not only distorts the transparency and aesthetic aspects of the water, but it also presents hazardous effects. We focussed on utilizing sunlight responsive 2D layered double hydroxides as a catalyst to efficiently degrade the dyes from effluents from dye-polluting industries.

Results: Under sunlight or simulated light source our catalyst is able to degrade nearly 99% of the dyes within 10-20 mg/L of 100 L polluting water and without light can efficiently degrade the dye by 70% within 40 min of treatment. This will be useful as a low-cost solution for small scale industries.

Researcher and scope: Prof. WIP and My Post-Doctoral Student in Canada. Lab grade and industrial-grade 2D LDH was prepared and efficiently used for industrial dye-contaminated wastewaters.

Publication: Results have been presented at the 2nd International Conference on Water Problems in the Mediterranean Countries and now published in the Journal of Desalination and Water Treatment.

Research Lab: Material is designed in the Polymeric Materials Research LAB of Eastern Mediterranean University

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Alkason: 11:13am On Jan 01, 2020
Thetruthisthefa:
Good day. Please is it true that if you are refused a Visa at Turkish Embassy in Abuja you can no longer use ok to board? Also i also heard that one can't apply at the embassy now because the student lists have not been sent from the universities to the embassy, please is this correct? Thank you and great job you are doing

Has anyone responded to this question?
Re: North Cyprus by neoeverest(m): 3:48pm On Jan 01, 2020
Yes there is, but highly competitive
PucciGuru:

Please Is there teaching or research assistantships at NEU?
Re: North Cyprus by Usmanilola: 12:43am On Jan 02, 2020
Please I need attention here.
I want to choose between studying in Cyprus or Ukraine. Which of the two destination is a better place to study and work and then probably travel to Germany or USA after schooling

Would really appreciate the help
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:42am On Jan 02, 2020
Usmanilola:
Please I need attention here.
I want to choose between studying in Cyprus or Ukraine. Which of the two destination is a better place to study and work and then probably travel to Germany or USA after schooling

Would really appreciate the help

If your aim is to go either to Germany or the USA, then kindly apply directly to either of these countries for study and work rather than going to Ukrain/Cyprus first.

Irrespective of the countries you choose to study, ensure you have finances that will cover almost 2-3 years of your entire study, living expenses and other costs ready before you start your journey.

The question you should ask yourself is, do you really want to go for studies, acquire real practical experience, build competitive skills and good CV? or you just want to go abroad to work? If your answer is really education, then do a google search on the subject/program, find universities in the countries of your choice, check universities rating, possible skills you will gain, how their alumni are doing and cost of the study and living expenses. If you plan working while studying, then after identifying the university, kindly speak with the University international office or find current/past student regarding the possibilities of studying and working, rules and opportunities therein. Ensure you are financially capable to support yourself without work, work should be just for little support because of studying time may not permit.

Note: I have studied in 3 developed countries, visited over 75 countries and I know that no matter how developed the country is, you must have the financial backing for your education. Jobs are scarce these days and can also affect your studies.

Regarding Cyprus and Ukraine: Jobs are scarce in both countries, students must have adequate funding to study as available jobs only cover basic expenses.

Best wishes in your decision.

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 7:59pm On Jan 02, 2020
Admission is still on for 2019/2020 spring semester at CIU and NEU. Contact me at my signature
Re: North Cyprus by denzly4sure: 12:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
Admission for Spring 2020 at EMU and Near East University Cyprus is On and closes February Apply now Admission is Free! click below for INFO:
https://m.facebook.com/Denzly-Global-Consult-Nigltd-1460109290936582/
Re: North Cyprus by Olamideplants1: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2020
The truth thifera, contact my number via whatapp let talk concerning this issue 08162032342
Re: North Cyprus by Hamilah11(f): 11:31pm On Jan 06, 2020
Good evening. Please I applied for a masters application in EMU since august and it showed that it has been approved by both the registrar and IGSR. I was sent an email recently congratulating me on the admission and details on accommodation but I haven't been received any admission letter. I checked my portal but it wasn't there. What do I do please?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:07am On Jan 07, 2020
Hamilah11:
Good evening. Please I applied for a masters application in EMU since august and it showed that it has been approved by both the registrar and IGSR. I was sent an email recently congratulating me on the admission and details on accommodation but I haven't been received any admission letter. I checked my portal but it wasn't there. What do I do please?

Contact the registrar office of EMU....your letter will be issued
Re: North Cyprus by Flaame(m): 10:39am On Jan 07, 2020
Good morning all,please I'm new here and I just got admitted to European University of lefke? Please how is North Cyprus in terms of work and survival. Is it a developed country? How much is the student visa there? And necessary requirements for students visa?
Re: North Cyprus by jubrilx: 2:04pm On Jan 07, 2020
Flaame:
Good morning all,please I'm new here and I just got admitted to European University of lefke? Please how is North Cyprus in terms of work and survival. Is it a developed country? How much is the student visa there? And necessary requirements for students visa?
My brother run away, try other places. Cost of living is too expensive
Re: North Cyprus by Flaame(m): 4:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
jubrilx:

what about the other questions?
Re: North Cyprus by Xtension18(m): 4:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
jubrilx:

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:54am On Jan 08, 2020
Flaame:

Ensure you have money for your studies and living expenses. Jobs are scarce, even though students work, the income obtain is usually for basic support may not be able to pay your tuition and other expenses. If you are actually coming for studies, please have full finance, it’s an Island with less than 1 million population.

For visa: visit Turkish embassy Abuja (if you are applying from Nigeria) website to learn about visa including fees, requirement and procedures.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Olamideplants1: 10:13am On Jan 08, 2020
Flaame I also gain admission to lefke university for MSC pls kindly contact me via Whatapp to rub mind thanks 08162032342
Re: North Cyprus by Olamideplants1: 12:17pm On Jan 08, 2020
Fame send me yr own number let me chat you
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 1:08pm On Jan 08, 2020
Just collected my Visa

Interview was On Dec 25th but due to the holiday it was shifted to 26th Dec. Received an email on 3 January to come pickup Visa on 6th.

Here I am with an approved visa

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 1:15pm On Jan 08, 2020
Pls take note of this before coming to MZ visa center

Re: North Cyprus by Oluwanifemi34: 9:03am On Jan 09, 2020
Please who is doing IT course in CIU?
Or who knows any IT course CIU offer ?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:45pm On Jan 09, 2020
Oluwanifemi34:

Visit the university website for courses being offered to prospective students.

It’s so easy to google anything these days.
Re: North Cyprus by iphi(m): 10:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
Oluwanifemi34:
IT masters ciu any problem? Management information system MIS, Information technology those are the two I know
Re: North Cyprus by lionlee216(m): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
What's the average living expenses in Cyprus in a month?

Wip7
Re: North Cyprus by Everythingyou(f): 9:15am On Jan 11, 2020
@lionlee216. The living expenses here varies, and it depends on how you spend.
Re: North Cyprus by lionlee216(m): 10:16am On Jan 11, 2020
Everythingyou:
@lionlee216. The living expenses here varies, and it depends on how you spend.

Pls do you know what an average will be monthly?
Re: North Cyprus by Everythingyou(f): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
lionlee216:

Pls do you know what an average will be monthly?

You can get accommodation as low as 50 pounds every month. Food aren't expensive here. You share bills with your housemates too.
Re: North Cyprus by mosthigh33: 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
Hello Everyone

Please I will like to know if it’s still OKtoBoard?
Re: North Cyprus by Shecko1: 10:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Alkason:

Has anyone responded to this question?
Not true weather visa rejected at Turkish Embassy or not you can still you Ok to board.
Re: North Cyprus by Shecko1: 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
lionlee216:
What's the average living expenses in Cyprus in a month?

Wip7

Depends on your life style. Atleast with €300-400 should do.
The only thing you should worry about is house rent. If you pay for a room at the rate of £150 per month den you should be able to survive with €200 for the rest of the month if you are not the clubing type.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:42am On Jan 12, 2020
Recent changes with North Cyprus IMMIGRATION POLICY

1. We have been instructed by the TRNC Ministry of Foreign Affairs that due to the recent changes in the immigration policies of the country, University is required to inform the Ercan Airport about the arrival of the new students prior to their arrivals. Therefore, please make sure you share your Flight Details 5-10 (ten) days prior to your departure with your university.

2. Ensure you have your original documents (WEAC or NECO (undergraduate) or University certificate and transcript (graduates)) with you as Immigration Officer will check at airport. Some students have been deported for not having original documents.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (332) (333) (334) (335) (336) (337) (338) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.