Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:55 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (349) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768722 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
That means for September 2020 admission. .. applications starts by may 2020?.. undecided
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
My Recent Scientific publication: HumanDNA Gene therapy to cure incurable diseases

Recently, we focussed on Gene Therapy. Gene therapy is a promising therapeutic approach recently adopted to effectively treat many challenging
inherited diseases and acquired incurable disorders. This has been canvassed as a breakthrough in molecular medicine. Unfortunately, its application
in vivo is inhibited due to difficulties in transportation of negatively charged molecules like DNA.

Our Approach:

In this work, we explored the feasibility of encapsulating in human DNA (hDNA) into calcium alginate-based supermacroporous cryobeads prepared via microinjection and freeze-thawing cryogelation protocol. We succeeded and tested the efficacy on the incurable diseases. We have received funding for this research and we just published one of the results from our research.

Research team:

Prof Wip7, 3 other Professors from faculty of medicine, Material scientist and clinical chemist and a PhD student.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by denzly4real(m): 2:10am On Apr 28, 2020
haroldwilly780:
That means for September 2020 admission. .. applications starts by may 2020?.. undecided

Yes by May/June, Interested in Studying at EMU, NEAR EAST UNIVERSITY and UNIVERSITY OF KYRENIA, Check my Signature for Information..

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Temmydiz: 9:13am On Apr 29, 2020
Send your applications for fall semester. Admission is fre.... send credentials to diztectravels@outlook.com
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 1:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adminsion is now on . Start your application early against Fall 2020/2021

1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Application of Artificial intelligence (AI) & Machine Learning to Laboratory/Field Data

I am a self-taught programmer with sufficient practical skills in high-level programming languages. Over the years, I have seen how AI is being used in various industries and I learnt this to inculcate in my laboratory research data and field results; this is awesome and has been very helpful.

In my lab, I have fed data from tourism sectors, waste management, pollution control, biomedical research and disease detection into ANN to discover intricate relationships or recognize complex patterns.

In particular, I have applied AI modelling to:

1. Predict Waste Generation Rates of Hospitality Industry (paper published in the Journal of Sustainability).

Here: For the first time, this study shows that municipal waste from hospitality facilities can be forecasted by considering measurable and effective parameters via an artificial neural (AI) network-inspired forecasting model. The field results showed that 4159.9 kg (recyclable: 58.5%, general waste:
23.6% and food residue: 17.9%) and 2063.4 kg (recyclable: 33.6%, general waste: 18.5% and food residue: 47.9%) of waste were generated during the peak and lean season from the 22 hospitality facilities investigated, respectively. While the ANN predicted that small and large hotels would produce 5.45 and 22.24 tons of waste by the year 2020, respectively.

2. To understand complex relationships in portable energy-storage devices fabricated in our lab (paper recently published in Journal of Electronic Materials)

Here: excessive strain on fossil fuel resources have ignited the global energy crisis; to curtail this menace, researchers have directed concerted efforts on energy storage devices. In this research, we used chicken bones to build portable energy storage supercapacitor and applied ANN to understand the complexities, thus shortened our experimental work by 69% and we are able to understand what parameter improves the energy storage ability of the supercapacitor.

Artificial neural networks (ANN) are one of the main tools used in machine learning. ANN is brain-inspired systems inter-connected layers which are intended to replicate the way humans learn. ANN is an excellent tool for discovering patterns which are far too complex or numerous for a human programmer to extract and teach the machine to recognize.

Below are some of my works where ANN have been used.

Diagnosis of breast cancer by AI: Here, AI was applied to assess whether a lump in a breast could be malignant (cancerous) or benign (non-cancerous) from digitized images aspiration biopsy.

Interested to study in TRNC? don't hesitate to contact me.

To be continued! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 6:36am On May 02, 2020
Guys hope we're staying safe.
Restrictions will start easing on May 4th and flights might start operating on 28th.
Re: North Cyprus by Mboki: 7:30am On May 03, 2020
When is EMU admission Starting? And is it still possible this September because of Covid 19
Re: North Cyprus by denzly4real(m): 12:20pm On May 03, 2020
Mboki:
When is EMU admission Starting? And is it still possible this September because of Covid 19

Admission is On you can apply now, and Yes it is possible to resume for Fall this September, Check my signature for Admission processes and more clarification.
Re: North Cyprus by Mboki: 4:54pm On May 03, 2020
denzly4real:

Admission is On you can apply now, and Yes it is possible to resume for Fall this September, Check my signature for Admission processes and more clarification.

What I mean is this, because of Covid 19, Can one be able to travel?
Re: North Cyprus by denzly4real(m): 11:33pm On May 03, 2020
Mboki:

What I mean is this, because of Covid 19, Can one be able to travel?

like I said earlier if all airlines are in operation by then which I believe they will, that means you can travel and if not you can extend your resumption or defer to a later date.
Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 4:21pm On May 05, 2020
How much is okto board ??
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 11:06pm On May 05, 2020
haroldwilly780:
Contact me at my signature.
Re: North Cyprus by Mboki: 10:12am On May 07, 2020
haroldwilly780:
Please who knows the Price ? No need to ask for an inbox, just say it here.
Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 9:51pm On May 07, 2020
Guru in the house..make una answer now abeg undecided :'how much is okto board
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:36pm On May 09, 2020
Update in Lockdown: From Eastern Mediterranean University

Even with the lockdown globally including North Cyprus, we are still carrying our research remotely and in the lab, while obeying the health guidelines practically.

The Eastern Mediterranean University “Aquabotics” successfully passed the First Stage of Eliminations at the Teknofest 2020 Underwater Systems Competition. This Autonomous Unmanned Submarine Robot was designed and fabricated by students of EMU Faculty of Engineering (Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Electronics Engineering, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering and Industrial Engineering departments).

Interested in Studying at EMU? Contact Prof.Wip7 for inquiries, application and research supports. Admission opens shortly!

Re: North Cyprus by Shembe4life: 4:50pm On May 09, 2020
@ wip please is North Cyprus visa is it a visa or a Paper visa E visa like Dubai please reply and give me your email so i can contact you directly
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:03pm On May 09, 2020
Shembe4life:
@ wip please is North Cyprus visa is it a visa or a Paper visa E visa like Dubai please reply and give me your email so i can contact you directly

North Cyprus visa is a sticker endorsed in the applicant's passport. If your questions relate to studying in North Cyprus and you have the financial means to support your education and living expenses, kindly ask your questions here.

If you are ready to apply for studies in North Cyprus, kindly email me your complete documents. Next entry is September 2020.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 2:53pm On May 12, 2020
For the coming session of 2020/2021 , CIU has reviewed the initial minimum payment down from 1500 euro to 1000 euro.
If interested in applying to CIU against next semester, the school fees is now 1000 euro. You can msg me for information if interested. Thanks

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by isaacotokhagua: 7:15pm On May 12, 2020
Please is there job for students in North Cyprus? ,to take care of bills while there !
Re: North Cyprus by Samgalaxy: 12:18am On May 13, 2020
What are the required documents for PhD in Cyprus and can one get Phd programmes in Civil and Environmental Engineering ?

wip7:

North Cyprus visa is a sticker endorsed in the applicant's passport. If your questions relate to studying in North Cyprus and you have the financial means to support your education and living expenses, kindly ask your questions here.

If you are ready to apply for studies in North Cyprus, kindly email me your complete documents. Next entry is September 2020.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:55am On May 13, 2020
Samgalaxy:
What are the required documents for PhD in Cyprus and can one get Phd programmes in Civil and Environmental Engineering ?

Transcript and certificate from bachelor detreevto master degree, International passport page, CV, recent photograph and ohher academic supporting documents. There is not combo of Civil and environment. You can only get individual Phd.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:00am On May 13, 2020
isaacotokhagua:
Please is there job for students in North Cyprus? ,to take care of bills while there !

Ensure you have financial support to cater for your tuition yearly, accommodation and living expenses before traveling to any country abroad be it Cyprus or elsewhere.

You may find job and if you do that may pay some bills, you may not find job as well but with financial support your education will be intact. Take note; job scarcity is bound to be very high in most countries now due to pandemic and may continue for many months while each country will prefer to utilize protectionism (to serve their own people first).

Best wishes
Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 11:39am On May 13, 2020
I hope all schs will reduce their own tuition fees too....
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 10:36pm On May 14, 2020
CIU have taken the lead in reducing school fees, others might soon join.
If you are applying for September intake, try keep yourself updated with flight issues. Better still don't rush your application, wait till July since admission will still be ongoing.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 12:47pm On May 15, 2020
Sir wip , I would to know the process thru which one can obtain a property in TRNC ... as a foreigner sha
Re: North Cyprus by eldest(m): 9:46pm On May 15, 2020
elijah101:
Sir wip , I would to know the process thru which one can obtain a property in TRNC ... as a foreigner sha
If you have the resourcees and means, don't regress brother.
From my experience, housing development is very lucrative in this North. People pay huge amounts for accommodation more than some European countries.
Do a thorough research on the government taxes, ownership rights.
Re: North Cyprus by Shams08: 3:34pm On May 16, 2020
Yes you can even get up to 100% scholarship covering tuition fee only
haroldwilly780:

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by gadafi101(m): 5:52pm On May 16, 2020
@wip7

Good Day, Mr. Wip.

I hope you are doing well?

Please I'd like to know how to go about securing admission for my younger brother to the Pharm D program at EMU.  He presently has a BSc in Biochemistry from Babcock University Nigeria.
What I'd like to know is if he will just need to do top-up of courses at EMU and do some additional years to be award the Pharm D degree? Or what will be done in his case?

Regards
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:39pm On May 16, 2020
elijah101:

It is very easy to buy. The purpose of the property will depend on the location and amount. Estate and various properties are springing up like mushrooms almost daily in Cyprus now, it looks a booming industry but not all the properties are worthy of investment unless it serves the purpose.

Legally, a foreigner can buy just one property under his/her name and get it registered. Buying and registering is stress-free stuff. If a foreigner wants to buy more than one, they cannot register under the same name.

To buy; if you are located in Cyprus, there are numbers of estate developers or agents you can just walk into their stores and they will show you catalogues with prices. After payment, you may need a lawyer to get it register and do the paperwork or do it yourself. After, that you can get the deed of contract or title from the government after some time. If not located in Cyprus, the property sellers have websites to contact them and they can make arrangement for a visit or direct purchase depends on them. Buyer can pay in cash or not.

There are things to consider when buying properties in Cyprus: I have properties in Cyprus and my major purpose is for business.

1. So I considered property that can give me at least 10-15% ROI yearly.
2. The property that the value will increase appreciably with time
3. Properties I can easily sell without the need to call herbalist or pastors to pray before selling
4. Property that can fetch either monthly or sustainable income.

There is some business sense to buy properties in Cyprus and I was able to use it and worked for me. In Cyprus, most developers will just buy land and advertise the property and if you are interested you pay per stage of development.

In 2015; I was searching for properties that meet the above 4 criteria. I decided to go for a property that is about to be started just 3 min walk from a lovely beach in Cyprus, the property is designed and projected to be used as a resort and the developer already built a similar in that place and are frequently rented by tourist and its hot-cake during the summer.

They were selling at 25% cheaper than if it is completed and it has varying selling price depends on which floor you select and size of an apartment; its 10-storey resort building. I bought, 5 apartments at 60, 000 pounds per one. If they complete it, they sell automatically for 75k each for the size and floor I selected. They projected to complete it in 2017 and one pays per stage. So they have like 5 stages of payment till the end. You only need to drop 10% in the first stage. For Cypriot, they can get a loan to even go to the toilet ( or just about anything) and they usually don't need collateral except for their names and address. I did good biz survey and I found that I can generate roughly 10-15% per year on each apartment. I paid 10% (50, 000 pounds) and I got my contract and some other papers. A British lawyer dealing with property in that place charged me 4000 pounds for paperwork for the 5 apartments. The second payment was like 6 months after, I decided to visit the bank to get a loan, all the banks said no loan grin grin,....I was wondering why and I don't bother asking.

I said to myself I can easily pull money from my other biz to sort it. I decided to visit one of their credit banks (dedicated to issuing a loan). I asked for a loan and told her I have paid 50k out of 300K pounds.. the lady said they are very interested to give the loan because the investment seems worthy and the location is superb but they usually don't give foreigners loan and except if the foreigner is from certain countries like UK, USA, Canada etc (unfortunately Africa is not listed) because they said those places are easy to trace and have some sort of agreement with their central banks.

So I asked if I provide passport from any of the listed countries, so I get the loan she said yes in just 10 mins. I returned the next day with the passport of one of those listed countries, before you know it I was issued 10 years loan with 6% interest and no collateral just my house address. Their loan included fire/disaster and war insurance (cost 300 pounds yearly per apartment).

The resort was completed in 2017 December and I decided to pay the entire loan the same 2017 because the price of the apartment already increased to 75,000 pounds per one (my floor and size), so my intention was to sell all and make the 25% profit so that made me pay off the entire loan. After full payment and at the start of 2018; some swedes rented my apartments and looks attractive to me, so I started renting it out in 2018; during the summer period, tourist pay 130 euro per night, the management takes 30 euro commission per night/per apartment and return 100 euro to me. So in summer, the five apartments generate 500 euro daily.

So it's interesting and lovely currently (as at 2019 December pricing) the same apartment is selling for 85-90K due to the location, its a resort not a normal type of apartment so always have tourists and activities almost year-round. Also, it's very easy for me to sell these properties, unlike some properties that have no value or located at outskirts or too near the universities. Some people asked me why can't I buy just near the university, because we have voluminous students around to rent. It may sound good but I am more interested in Tourist, resort-like property because this one has huge value according to my business experience. I have friends that have property next to the university, during the school period it is good when no student around or due to increasing and almost daily construction of apartment in Cyprus, the older your house look the less attractive to students and the value also drops when wanting to sell. So I did the math, even If I don't rent my resort apartment for 6 months what I earn in 3 months summer renting is more than twice what the person rents year-round near the school and mine is easier to sell than his just next to the university. So its all boil down to one's risk appetite and biz outlook

What are the expenses and payment:

1. There is a yearly management fee (private company manages and clean the place)...this is almost the same for almost all apartments in Cyprus if is built by a developer in estate-like.

2. If you rent the apartment, you have to pay tax monthly/yearly to the government depends on the district and that will depend on the rental fee.

3. To get the Title of the apartment/property, you will pay 3% of the total cost to the government.

Totally, I have 8 apartments/properties for now in Cyprus, only one is registered under my name while others grin grin grin grin

There are 3 types of properties in North Cyprus based on the title. One is called Turkish title (the best one, which is the original land belonging to the Cypriot before the 1979 war that separated Cyprus. This one is superb and worth higher, so I decided to go for this), another two are called an exchange title, meaning were exchanged lands after the war (some feel when Cyprus rejoin, the original owner may want to retake the land, hmmm I doubt that anyway...so this can be cheaper).

I hope I answered your question.....its long epistle read when you feel like.

Best wishes!

4 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:51pm On May 16, 2020
gadafi101:
@wip7

Good Day, Mr. Wip.

I hope you are doing well?

Please I'd like to know how to go about securing admission for my younger brother to the Pharm D program at EMU.  He presently has a BSc in Biochemistry from Babcock University Nigeria.
What I'd like to know is if he will just need to do top-up of courses at EMU and do some additional years to be award the Pharm D degree? Or what will be done in his case?

Regards

I replied your email regarding this, he will need at least 2 years to get the Pharm.D
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 4:16pm On May 17, 2020
sir do you think that this avrasya city is a good investment ... it is going for 84k pounds

(1) (2) (3) ... (346) (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.