Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:25 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (768955 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by philebrown333: 9:09pm On Aug 25, 2012
tbobt9: so i can only go to northen cyprus with a trip to ercan. Only one choice. No wonder the flight is so expensive and they set their own price.
yes you can say that again but i can offer you a ccheap ticket and compell you to compare prices with other agents.
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2012
philebrown333: yes you can say that again but i can offer you a ccheap ticket and compell you to compare prices with other agents.

Please don't derail this thread with your constant ticket deal Ad, Travel AD section is there for all that.
Re: North Cyprus by omidan21: 1:10am On Aug 26, 2012
wip7: 3rd Batch of NAMES SENT TO TURKISH EMBASSY -EMU

To all our applicants and admitted students, we had sent the 3rd batch of names to Turkish embassy around 2am today. Kindly book appointment for your visa. Another list will be going to embassy on Monday in case your name is not inclusive in our last list.

I will be part of the committee that will be meeting the Turkish ambassador first thing tomorrow in Ankara. I do implore those students that have applied for appointment and got very very far dates to email me or state here their real names and confirmation reference number. This will help me to draft my letter so as to allow the ambassador to intervene with the consular on EMU students and make the appointment more closer and visa issuance faster.

International Center
EMU. skull4una@gmail.com

Hello wip4.wonderful job u doin here.pls I beg u in d name of Allah to sincerly tell me what hand work e.g barbing or what professional course I can do ryt now in nigera datz gonna land me with good job opportunity en ease securin a job in cypruus b4 coming over to N.cyprus nxt year or better still let me know if it is not needed.I look forward to ur favourable reply.thank u
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:10am On Aug 26, 2012
omidan21:

Hello wip4.wonderful job u doin here.pls I beg u in d name of Allah to sincerly tell me what hand work e.g barbing or what professional course I can do ryt now in nigera datz gonna land me with good job opportunity en ease securin a job in cypruus b4 coming over to N.cyprus nxt year or better still let me know if it is not needed.I look forward to ur favourable reply.thank u

hello,

Thank for your keen interest to study in Cyprus. I always advise all students to have sponsor so there wont be any problem.Is not as if their is no job at all in Cyprus but the job is scarce and the wages sometimes may not be reasonable but belive me some are very lucky landing the job within months they arrive but beliv me again each person story differs. The government policy of Cyprus do not allow Foreigner to own 100% entity as you will need to partner with one of the locals. You will succeed here if you are very creative, straightforward and always tinking out of the boxess. You will not succeed wen u want to engage in Yahoo yahoo, wen u want to join the groups selling cocain, heroin and Cannabis as these are criminal acts that may land you in jail even if you are caught smoking cannabis.

Like you said, Barbing might fetch you some little living and you may be okay with that if you are very good at that. For instance, in most barbers shop here, students are charge 15-20tl ordinary hair cut and 30-45tl for additional services which is 1500-2000 Naira or 3000-4500naira. If you are very good and can cut those latest trend, have clean barbing equipment and good barbing environment sure you should have blacks barbing at ur end especially if you go low on ur price. learn very very well graphics cos is another hand work that is scarce here, be business minded. but all in all you will need to have sponsor to help you out cos all these have stated might not work for you.
Re: North Cyprus by vincent09(m): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2012
hi wip4 when is the admission opening @ emu i want to apply and pls i need ur email so i can communicate better
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:45pm On Aug 26, 2012
vincent09: hi wip4 when is the admission opening @ emu i want to apply and pls i need ur email so i can communicate better

Read more on our website. you will find my email in this thread.
Re: North Cyprus by philebrown333: 3:31am On Aug 27, 2012
justwise:

Please don't derail this thread with your constant ticket deal Ad, Travel AD section is there for all that.
hey justwise am sorry if i boost ur bubble don't you think everybody is got freedom they are many people here that needs my services and they are not complaining pls i never Derail the topic we are together lets not fight i choose to do mine here ok.
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 6:17am On Aug 27, 2012
philebrown333: hey justwise am sorry if i boost ur bubble don't you think everybody is got freedom they are many people here that needs my services and they are not complaining pls i never Derail the topic we are together lets not fight i choose to do mine here ok.

Unfortunately you can't do it here, you have to take your ticket advert to Travel Ad section.
Re: North Cyprus by gowaga68: 2:26pm On Aug 27, 2012
wip7:

hello,

Thank for your keen interest to study in Cyprus. I always advise all students to have sponsor so there wont be any problem.Is not as if their is no job at all in Cyprus but the job is scarce and the wages sometimes may not be reasonable but belive me some are very lucky landing the job within months they arrive but beliv me again each person story differs. The government policy of Cyprus do not allow Foreigner to own 100% entity as you will need to partner with one of the locals. You will succeed here if you are very creative, straightforward and always tinking out of the boxess. You will not succeed wen u want to engage in Yahoo yahoo, wen u want to join the groups selling cocain, heroin and Cannabis as these are criminal acts that may land you in jail even if you are caught smoking cannabis.

Like you said, Barbing might fetch you some little living and you may be okay with that if you are very good at that. For instance, in most barbers shop here, students are charge 15-20tl ordinary hair cut and 30-45tl for additional services which is 1500-2000 Naira or 3000-4500naira. If you are very good and can cut those latest trend, have clean barbing equipment and good barbing environment sure you should have blacks barbing at ur end especially if you go low on ur price. learn very very well graphics cos is another hand work that is scarce here, be business minded. but all in all you will need to have sponsor to help you out cos all these have stated might not work for you.
pls what kind of graphics are u talkin about?
Re: North Cyprus by philebrown333: 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2012
justwise: [/b]

Unfortunately you can't do it here, you have to take your ticket advert to Travel Ad section.
Fortunately for me you cant decide thanks. stop bugging people its a free world.
Re: North Cyprus by evanscami: 5:21am On Aug 28, 2012
@ Mr wip and everyone that is sure!! Can a student buy/use a one way ticket? Pls help its Urgent! Thanxxxxxx
Re: North Cyprus by Ade001: 8:48am On Aug 28, 2012
Pls am talking from experience, do not use one way ticket as a first time traveler, those wolves at the airport in Nigeria will rip u off because of that. Imagine, a guy was trying to save 6k( a difference btw a return and one way ticket) but has to bribe 300 dollars at the airport before the airline officials agreed to board him. Pls buy a return ticket from Nigeria to Ercan even if its one month return ticket.
Re: North Cyprus by evanscami: 10:32am On Aug 28, 2012
Ade001: Pls am talking from experience, do not use one way ticket as a first time traveler, those wolves at the airport in Nigeria will rip u off because of that. Imagine, a guy was trying to save 6k( a difference btw a return and one way ticket) but has to bribe 300 dollars at the airport before the airline officials agreed to board him. Pls buy a return ticket from Nigeria to Ercan even if its one month return ticket.
thanx Ade! ll Do xactly that! Thanxxxx
Re: North Cyprus by ayoolahausen(m): 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2012
Went to the embassy on 22nd and I was told d next day dat my name has not been sent to d embassy. I have paid my tution fee. My name is Ahmed Kehinde Ayoola. Pls help, I was given a letter that the embassy wud call me, have not received any since then and I wz told d d school has sent a mail in my name
Re: North Cyprus by Ade001: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2012
Chill bro, you are not alone, there are several others even since last month with that note. Don't know what the Turks are up to, but lets watch them!
Re: North Cyprus by ayoolahausen(m): 4:07pm On Aug 28, 2012
Mehn, that's pathetic tho, I av paid since June and I wz told they sent my name already but seriously are they going to call
Re: North Cyprus by omidan21: 4:24pm On Aug 28, 2012
justwise:

Hello dere,pls as per undergraduuates admission.dnt overseas universities accept Gce.cause I only see u guys pastin waec en neco.what of GCE
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2012
omidan21:

Hello dere,pls as per undergraduuates admission.dnt overseas universities accept Gce.cause I only see u guys pastin waec en neco.what of GCE

wip7 will help you with that question, i'm clueless.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:27pm On Aug 28, 2012
ayoolahausen: Went to the embassy on 22nd and I was told d next day dat my name has not been sent to d embassy. I have paid my tution fee. My name is Ahmed Kehinde Ayoola. Pls help, I was given a letter that the embassy wud call me, have not received any since then and I wz told d d school has sent a mail in my name

I received the letter sent to you by the Turkish embassy. Your brother called me as well and i did follow up. Am sure your brother already informed you that we have resent your details to the embassy. So relax for the embassy to call you why rushing? the embassy has requested for your details from us and we had sent to them. Its precautionary measure taken by the embassy to ensure genuity. If you are not called till end of first week Sept then your brother will inform me.

evanscami: @ Mr wip and everyone that is sure!! Can a student buy/use a one way ticket? Pls help its Urgent! Thanxxxxxx

Due to the rogue in your country Airport, pls kindly get return ticket.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:45pm On Aug 28, 2012
omidan21:

We do accept GCE, NABTEB and APTECH results as well.

EMU
Skull4una@gmail
Re: North Cyprus by Ade001: 6:13pm On Aug 28, 2012
@ayo, they will call but it takes at least one month. Always check the email address you used for appointment as well.
Re: North Cyprus by tbobt9: 8:47pm On Aug 28, 2012
Please my school is resuming september 17 for registration but my appointment is on the 26 what do i do?
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 9:09pm On Aug 28, 2012
Re: North Cyprus by Ade001: 9:08am On Aug 29, 2012
@tbobt9, you cant do anything about it other than to wait for that date, what the Turkish embassy is doing now for just Transit visa is disheartening, some people even got October appointment date. But you should have booked the appointment earlier, Before students do not need appointment but now things have changed a lot, they are even denying visas without giving any reason. so chill up, you will still register if you can get to TRNC before the first mid term exams.
Re: North Cyprus by tbobt9: 3:45pm On Aug 29, 2012
While reviewing this blog i read a past post some guy said he was appointed a date that was just impossible. But he went before that day and was attended to and granted visa.
Re: North Cyprus by tbobt9: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2012
This may be why the turkish embassy is becoming harsh now, nigerians always look for a way to make their country look bad. cypruspolice./2011/01/06/nigerian-scammer-studying-in-girne-american-north-cyprusuniversity/
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2012
ANOTHER BATCH OF NAMES SENT TODAY-EMU

To all EMU applicants, we have sent comprehensive list totaling 380 students name to Turkish embassy Today and official memo to Turkish ambassador Today. We are quite aware of the new scrutiny by Turkish embassy and all visa denial and rejection were all communicated across to us. This will help us to reduce the number of unwanted element on the Island.

We are quite aware of the dates given by the embassy and we have made arrangement to curtail the late registration of some of our students. Our meeting today, simply put the last day to receive student to first week of October. Any student after this date, will not be able to register and we need to stay back home or register next spring.

Our attention has been drawn to some agents charging for scholarship and arrival fees, pls be informed, Scholarship process is FREE of CHARGE and evaluated by ME. All students coming to EMU, should please send us the arrival details atleast 3days before arrival so that no agent should charge you from Airport cos Airport pick up is FREE of CHARGE.

EMU
Skull4una@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by moluwaseun: 9:44pm On Aug 29, 2012
House, I kindly need your assistance, is it true that there is an age restriction of 26 years for undergraduate studies in North Cyprus, South Cyprus and Turkey ? Kindly help address this issue. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by gowaga68: 9:55pm On Aug 29, 2012
moluwaseun: House, I kindly need your assistance, is it true that there is an age restriction of 26 years for undergraduate studies in North Cyprus, South Cyprus and Turkey ? Kindly help address this issue. Thanks
on a post here Wip said something like 25 yrs in EMU, but i dnt know of d rest
Re: North Cyprus by Luvdmx(m): 7:16am On Aug 30, 2012
Hello nairaland..I got my conditional acceptance letter to study master in CIU and i did transfer my fees since monday...pls, what is my chance of resuming before 17th next month..am yet to receive my Teller copy,Unconditional letter nor applied for Visa..can i still meet up with fall semester?
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 30, 2012
Luvdmx: Hello nairaland..I got my conditional acceptance letter to study master in CIU and i did transfer my fees since monday...pls, what is my chance of resuming before 17th next month..am yet to receive my Teller copy,Unconditional letter nor applied for Visa..can i still meet up with fall semester?
I don't know if you can meet up with the fall semester but i got my unconditional letter about 7 working days after paying my fees.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.