Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,519 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (68) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (769710 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 12:13pm On Nov 19, 2012
Hi nairalanders!!! Everythin is set 4 me to apply for the Transit visa in turkish embassy, Abuja, what I would like know is that, I got a mail frm EMU that the list of students would be sent to Turkish Embassy in Nicosia this week of 19 Nov. 2012 and later sent to Abuja during this as well, that I should book for appointment at the Embassy by week of 26 Nov. 2012. I hope the list would be First Batch Of Names for Spring 2013 intake. I got admitted to EMU last semester but circumstances occurred so I defferd the admission to Spring 2013. Anyone with fatal info should pls enlighten me on the fact that first time travellers to TRNC or Turkey as the case may be should book appointment at least A month to his/her travel date, is this true or false? Also, in the visa requirements, what's the differ b/t Admission and Acceptance Letter? And Notary Public in my area should certisfy my sponsorship letter, who are the embassy refering to as Notary Public? Tanx and kindly reply me asap!!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:31am On Nov 20, 2012
Warwick Msc programs on EMU campus

Warwick university, one of the most reputable and highly ranked university in the UK, now offers Msc programs in EMU. The program is one year and students have opportunity to take some of the modules in the UK without additional cost. At EMU, the Msc program is subsidised and you earn same certificate and being taught by same WMG lecturer from Warwick. For those with 3rd class degree, this is another opportunity to upgrade to the highest level. To apply is easy kindly us for further info.

International Center
EMU, skull4una at gmail.com

Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 11:24am On Nov 20, 2012
Could someone pls answer my questions above Plsssssss!!!!!!!
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2012
olancopalluv: Have receive my confirmation letter for spring at emu now so can book an appointment this time, all I think is that is too early please anyone to help me[/color]
olancopalluv: Have receive my confirmation letter for spring at emu now so can book an appointment this time, all I think is that is too early please anyone to help me[color=#000099]
did u also apply for the Spring 2013 intake? I'm also expecting EMU to forward my name to Abuja, so that I could book appointment. Anyway, I plan to depart to istanbul then to ercan by 29th of Dec. 2012 thru Qatar airways and Turkish airlines to Ercan 4rm Ataturk. Pls reply me asap to get close to each other so as to share info!!!
Re: North Cyprus by DeeDok: 2:03pm On Nov 20, 2012
Pls am a 27yr undergradaute medical student i would like to knw if it is possible for me to transfer to NC universities to continue my studies,pls do recommend for me which uni u guys think is cool nd their tuition fee stated.thanks
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2012
DeeDok: Pls am a 27yr undergradaute medical student i would like to knw if it is possible for me to transfer to NC universities to continue my studies,pls do recommend for me which uni u guys think is cool nd their tuition fee stated.thanks
Guy!!! EMU is the best in NC! Free and easy admission and scholarship for both transfer and direct application. Yes u culd Transfer to EMU by applying for the transfer application. U'll better start ur application now for the Spring 2013 intake in Feb. That's what I did, I also aPplied for transfer application and given 50% tuition and accommodation scholarship which is about $1,710 usd. But have to pay at least $2,000 to get the payment confirmation. emu.edu.tr
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:18am On Nov 21, 2012
Fernandez88: Hi nairalanders!!! Everythin is set 4 me to apply for the Transit visa in turkish embassy, Abuja, what I would like know is that, I got a mail frm EMU that the list of students would be sent to Turkish Embassy in Nicosia this week of 19 Nov. 2012 and later sent to Abuja during this as well, that I should book for appointment at the Embassy by week of 26 Nov. 2012. I hope the list would be First Batch Of Names for Spring 2013 intake. I got admitted to EMU last semester but circumstances occurred so I defferd the admission to Spring 2013. Anyone with fatal info should pls enlighten me on the fact that first time travellers to TRNC or Turkey as the case may be should book appointment at least A month to his/her travel date, is this true or false? Also, in the visa requirements, what's the differ b/t Admission and Acceptance Letter? And Notary Public in my area should certisfy my sponsorship letter, who are the embassy refering to as Notary Public? Tanx and kindly reply me asap!!!

Admission letter means you have been given admission to study in d university and acceptance letter means you have fulfilled all d requirements and have been fully accepted just like here in Nigeria you pay acceptance fee to show you have accepted the admission else you can't proceed to other aspect or get ur matt number.to ur second question,notary public is like a lawyer or I will say a lawyer.
In ur above mail you said you didn't go last time cus of sum circumstances and defer to this session,sorry to come into ur privacy can I know wht kind of circumstances?
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 7:10am On Nov 21, 2012
penroll55:

Admission letter means you have been given admission to study in d university and acceptance letter means you have fulfilled all d requirements and have been fully accepted just like here in Nigeria you pay acceptance fee to show you have accepted the admission else you can't proceed to other aspect or get ur matt number.to ur second question,notary public is like a lawyer or I will say a lawyer.
In ur above mail you said you didn't go last time cus of sum circumstances and defer to this session,sorry to come into ur privacy can I know wht kind of circumstances?
the registration deadlinE was against me, so I had to defer it, re u a student or who re u to EMU?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2012
DeeDok: Pls am a 27yr undergradaute medical student i would like to knw if it is possible for me to transfer to NC universities to continue my studies,pls do recommend for me which uni u guys think is cool nd their tuition fee stated.thanks

Unfortunately, we have age limit at Eastern Mediterranean University. Currently any intending undergraduate applicants born below 1989 cannot be admitted into our University and since you are 27years it will be difficult. Also you will be required to have roughly 20,000USD yearly to study Medicine at our university and we do not offer scholarship for the medical program. Lastly, we admit students into the medical programs only during every FALL semester (Sept).

International Office EMU.
skull4una at gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2012
wip7:

Unfortunately, we have age limit at Eastern Mediterranean University. Currently any intending undergraduate applicants born below 1989 cannot be admitted into our University and since you are 27years it will be difficult. Also you will be required to have roughly 20,000USD yearly to study Medicine at our university and we do not offer scholarship for the medical program. Lastly, we admit students into the medical programs only during every FALL semester (Sept).

International Office EMU.
skull4una at gmail.com

@wip7

Pls wip7 do u know when EMU's 1st batch of names for the spring 2013 feb. Intake wuld be sent to Abuja? I was told by EMU that the list was gonna be sent to Nicosia by week of 19th Nov. And later sent to Abuja after proper controls. Pls let me know if the list is out. Thanks and await ur responds asap!!!
Re: North Cyprus by DeeDok: 6:34pm On Nov 21, 2012
@wip7....which other university in NC do u think i can apply dat do offer pharmacy or medicine dat wld b affordable and age limit wld nt affect it.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:11pm On Nov 21, 2012
DeeDok: @wip7....which other university in NC do u think i can apply dat do offer pharmacy or medicine dat wld b affordable and age limit wld nt affect it.

try Near east university but you need to be able to afford the corresponding fees.
Fernandez88:

@wip7

Pls wip7 do u know when EMU's 1st batch of names for the spring 2013 feb. Intake wuld be sent to Abuja? I was told by EMU that the list was gonna be sent to Nicosia by week of 19th Nov. And later sent to Abuja after proper controls. Pls let me know if the list is out. Thanks and await ur responds asap!!!

If we send any batch of names to embassy, i will state it here.

International Office EMU
skull4una at gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 8:25pm On Nov 21, 2012
wip7:

try Near east university but you need to be able to afford the corresponding fees.

If we send any batch of names to embassy, i will state it here.

International Office EMU
skull4una at gmail.com
taNx a milla! 'Ll be xpectin.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 9:00pm On Nov 21, 2012
olancopalluv: Have receive my confirmation letter for spring at emu now so can book an appointment this time, all I think is that is too early please anyone to help me[color=#000099][/color]

Likewise me ooooo my broda!!! What I'm waiting 4 now is the 1st Batch of names that would be sent to Abuja for spring 2013 feb. Intake. All my visa reqwuiements are now fully intact. Pls reply me nd let's share contact to share info.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2012
Name on school cert: ADEKOYA BANJO JAMIU, name on all other docs: ADEKOYA ADEBANJO JAMIU, hope that wuld not affect me at the Turkish Embassy, Abuja, during the interview with the consular? Pls what do I do ooooooo!!!
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 7:53am On Nov 22, 2012
Does anyone know if Turkish embassy accept combine o/level results? Nd does MED certifies combine results as well?
Re: North Cyprus by DeeDok: 10:58am On Nov 22, 2012
@wip7,thanks a lot 4 d info,but pls wat is the total fee for near east university and when is the application deadline.
Re: North Cyprus by jraw: 11:34am On Nov 22, 2012
@wip,Greetins. Just wnt to know d chances of high scholarship 4 master in computer engineering in EMU,wen (B.eng-3.68 and diploma 3.85 both in computer engineering) r combined.Is it possble to stay back n hustle as I wouldn't want 2 come bak 2 Nigeria.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2012
@wip

Could someone plsssssssss answer my question DoEs EMU accept four C nd D in English?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:22pm On Nov 22, 2012
DeeDok: @wip7,thanks a lot 4 d info,but pls wat is the total fee for near east university and when is the application deadline.

I will advise you to check Near East website and learn what you need from it. Email the university for inquiries.

jraw: @wip,Greetins. Just wnt to know d chances of high scholarship 4 master in computer engineering in EMU,wen (B.eng-3.68 and diploma 3.85 both in computer engineering) r combined.Is it possble to stay back n hustle as I wouldn't want 2 come bak 2 Nigeria.

Thank you for the interest you have shown to study at EMU, with the mentioned results, you will be awarded 50% scholarship at EMU. Cyprus is not a country to stay back and hustle is basically for studies and leave after studies. You can only live legally in Cyprus either on student resident permit or on work permit. Cyprus is not big enough to hire foreign computer engr with Msc so it will be difficult to stay back and hustle. I advise you search for other countries. Wish you luck!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2012
jraw: @wip,Greetins. Just wnt to know d chances of high scholarship 4 master in computer engineering in EMU,wen (B.eng-3.68 and diploma 3.85 both in computer engineering) r combined.Is it possble to stay back n hustle as I wouldn't want 2 come bak 2 Nigeria.

guy coming here for Msc com engine u wont regret.. am doing same course presently,..... like mr wip7 said this is not a place to hustle 100% studies
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 11:47pm On Nov 22, 2012
Temas:

guy coming here for Msc com engine u wont regret.. am doing same course presently,..... like mr wip7 said this is not a place to hustle 100% studies

@Temas

Could u answer my questions above pls! UvE been to EMU, nd I know u wuld ve gained some xperiences.
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 11:48pm On Nov 22, 2012
Temas:

@Temas

Could u answer my questions above pls! UvE been to EMU, nd I know u wuld ve gained some xperiences.I also sent u a mail bt know replY. Re u on BBM so I could drop my PIN?
Re: North Cyprus by evanscami: 6:12am On Nov 23, 2012
Fernandez88: @wip

Could someone plsssssssss answer my question DoEs EMU accept four C nd D in English?
I got C6 in ma English and am currently studying pharmacy here in Emu....and again,I fink C is d minimum grade taken 4 English,anyfin below,i did say it i doubt to b acceptable...cheers!
Re: North Cyprus by evanscami: 6:23am On Nov 23, 2012
Fernandez88: Name on school cert: ADEKOYA BANJO JAMIU, name on all other docs: ADEKOYA ADEBANJO JAMIU, hope that wuld not affect me at the Turkish Embassy, Abuja, during the interview with the consular? Pls what do I do ooooooo!!!
I doubt if it will affect u cos BANJO is n both names..maybe they might just ask and you will explain its same,just short of it and full name.again...since both names contain ADEKOYA AND JAMIU...i rily doubt if they ll take into a/c d other names.they ll jst take into a/c d names on d passport nd d face to b sure u r d one nd again d admission letter nd ofcourse d bank statement<d major fing> nd certified education results....just b prepared wif other docs nd watch fings go smoothly.....just don't be scared,tho; i was in ma own tym buh believ me its nofin....All d best !
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 7:21am On Nov 23, 2012
evanscami: I doubt if it will affect u cos BANJO is n both names..maybe they might just ask and you will explain its same,just short of it and full name.again...since both names contain ADEKOYA AND JAMIU...i rily doubt if they ll take into a/c d other names.they ll jst take into a/c d names on d passport nd d face to b sure u r d one nd again d admission letter nd ofcourse d bank statement<d major fing> nd certified education results....just b prepared wif other docs nd watch fings go smoothly.....just don't be scared,tho; i was in ma own tym buh believ me its nofin....All d best !

Ok! Tanx for the info! But they stated it on their website dat dey accept C and D, jst wanna be sure! Anyway! Do u know if they accept combine o/levels? I'm speaking for my brother, I've gotten admission, scholarship, paid for spring 2013, got confirmation, await 1st batch of names to be sent to Abuja. But I'll want my brother to apply so that we'll meet together in spring. That's it!!! I also sent u a mail, asking u de same question, coz I know u've passed thru it b4! So hws studies in EMU generally Awaits ur reply. Re u on BBM? Drop ur PIN pls I'll ping yah!!!
Re: North Cyprus by evanscami: 4:36pm On Nov 23, 2012
Fernandez88:

Ok! Tanx for the info! But they stated it on their website dat dey accept C and D, jst wanna be sure! Anyway! Do u know if they accept combine o/levels? I'm speaking for my brother, I've gotten admission, scholarship, paid for spring 2013, got confirmation, await 1st batch of names to be sent to Abuja. But I'll want my brother to apply so that we'll meet together in spring. That's it!!! I also sent u a mail, frm asking u de same question, coz I know u've passed thru it b4! So hws studies in EMU generally Awaits ur reply. Re u on BBM? Drop ur PIN pls I'll ping yah!!!
yea,one can combine waec nd neco results...yea,got your email,wanted replying buh was sent dt ur name doen't hv any yahoo address so dint go thru...am sorry dn't use BB.... smiley

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2012
evanscami: yea,one can combine waec nd neco results...yea,got your email,wanted replying buh was sent dt ur name doen't hv any yahoo address so dint go thru...am sorry dn't use BB.... smiley

Tanx!!! He's combining 2004 nd 2009 GCE! Anyway, tanx for the info, regards!!! Hve u got ur student residence permit? Hw did it go wit the tests; HIV etc? Hop u were not that scared?
Re: North Cyprus by evanscami: 7:56pm On Nov 23, 2012
Fernandez88:

Tanx!!! He's combining 2004 nd 2009 GCE! Anyway, tanx for the info, regards!!! Hve u got ur student residence permit? Hw did it go wit the tests; HIV etc? Hop u were not that scared?
u r welcome!..no I haven't....buh ll soonest!
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2012
In the HOUSE!!! Pls I'll like to know if the 1st batch of names for the spring 2013 intake is out in EMU!!!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:15pm On Nov 26, 2012
IST BATCH OF NAMES HAVE BEEN SENT TO TURKISH EMBASSY TODAY- EMU

We have sent the first batch of names to Turkish embassy in Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana and South Africa today. All the students that have made payment and received confirmation letter from us, can now make application with the concerned embassy.

For those that are yet to apply for admission, you can still apply.

International Office
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 5:26pm On Nov 26, 2012
wip7: IST BATCH OF NAMES HAVE BEEN SENT TO TURKISH EMBASSY TODAY- EMU

We have sent the first batch of names to Turkish embassy in Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana and South Africa today. All the students that have made payment and received confirmation letter from us, can now make application with the concerned embassy.

For those that are yet to apply for admission, you can still apply.

International Office

Pls wip, could u check if my name is on the list? ADEKOYA ADEBANJO JAMIU, await ur reply asap! Thanks!

(1) (2) (3) ... (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.