Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770522 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 3:33am On Feb 09, 2013
@WIP! I wanna book 4 my flight from Istanbul to Ercan today, using Turkish Airlines, my departure and arrival date is gonna fall on the 11th of Feb. PLs i wanna know if i could still send my flight details to EMU for airport pick-up services?
Re: North Cyprus by Fernandez88: 3:35am On Feb 09, 2013
Pls NLders! Is there anyone flying to EMU next week? And is there any Bureau De Change @ MMIA, Lagos?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:20am On Feb 09, 2013
Fernandez88: @WIP! I wanna book 4 my flight from Istanbul to Ercan today, using Turkish Airlines, my departure and arrival date is gonna fall on the 11th of Feb. PLs i wanna know if i could still send my flight details to EMU for airport pick-up services?

Its advisable to send your flight ticket atleast one day before you depart, We have to plan and select who to pick the students atleast a day before. So today is 9th, you can still send us the flight details.

Fernandez88: Pls NLders! Is there anyone flying to EMU next week? And is there any Bureau De Change @ MMIA, Lagos?

I will advise you to change your money before you arrive that Airport, i dont know if they have changed now but in year 2008 i came to Nigeria, i was issued fake money at same MMIA and i presented this euro in Germany i was so lucky i would have been whisked off by German police. You will surely find Bureau De change at MMIA but then i mean about 4yrs back, most of them just roam round the Airport holding foreign currencies and they know you need it so they might change lower or fake for you. But i dont know the situation now anyway but cant you change your money in your banks?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:31am On Feb 09, 2013
udehraphael: Pls wip7 can u advice me,,,i intend going 4 petroleum eng @ metu but job opportunity scares me off,,now i intend going 4 chemical.,,pls i need advice i really love petroleum eng ,,,offshore works and all others

Job opportunity scares you off in which country? In METU they run Natural gas and petroleum eng gas program which is a cutting edge degree with bunch of practicals both in Turkey and sea floors around middle east. To secure job with this nature of degree, you most have some set of skills and most people find job around the gulf and some other areas. In Nigeria, you will need to be experienced and laced with soft skills that would enable you penetrate. The program although is Narrower and limited to oil and gas region.

Chemical Engineering is more diverse, with chemical engineering degree you can work in all major industries that utilize chemicals like oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, medical device coy, cement industry, water treatment plant, fertilizer etc. To be functional with this degree you must have some set of skills and very creative, so that even you dont find a job you can create jobs yourself with the skills you have gathered.

udehraphael: @ wip7 thanks 4 d response,,pls u said i will write matts and english exams,,,,pls pour more light on it,,pls

All new students intending to enrol at METU, must write English test at a scheduled date and maths for engineering related courses so as to ascertain level of understanding of same subjects. f you pass, you will progress to year 1, if not you may need to go to PRE-SCHOOL for one semester or more depending on your capability.
Re: North Cyprus by obamabroda: 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2013
@wip7 i wish to study at that same skul(METU) but the problem am facing right now is that i will be 26yrs in some days time ..can i still apply?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:27pm On Feb 09, 2013
obama_broda: @wip7 i wish to study at that same skul(METU) but the problem am facing right now is that i will be 26yrs in some days time ..can i still apply?

Its possible, i did apply for a lady last semester born in 1985, if you so wish send me your documents...Also note admission for Spring already close. You need to proof what you have been doing that made you not to be in university uptill this moment anyway! Also METU is highly strict you must score atleast 21 points. you may contact the university if you desire to do that on your own!!
Re: North Cyprus by obamabroda: 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2013
wip7:

Its possible, i did apply for a lady last semester born in 1985, if you so wish send me your documents...Also note admission for Spring already close. You need to proof what you have been doing that made you not to be in university uptill this moment anyway! Also METU is highly strict you must score atleast 21 points. you may contact the university if you desire to do that on your own!!
pls can you give drop your yahoo id so that we can chat or better still on here .and is it at the embassy i would have to prove that or to the school? thanks for the response
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2013
obama_broda: pls can you give drop your yahoo id so that we can chat or better still on here .and is it at the embassy i would have to prove that or to the school? thanks for the response

Unfortunately i dont chat and i dont give out my number. I love to reply all inquiries on this forum/thread. Within this thread you may find my email. I only reply genuine email also. So you can ask any question here that will benefit others or look for my email somewhere here.

The university admit 25 yrs max for undergrad but if you can proof to them genuinely with some documents while you are above 25ys then you may be admitted. Also note there is no job so kindly have adequate sponsor to study abroad!
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:53pm On Feb 09, 2013
Thanks alot wip7,,that means the exam is not that complicated
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:57pm On Feb 09, 2013
Pls wip7 i would like to know ur mind on this,,,i intend to study chemical engineering and then go for petroleum engineering during my masters,,is ok,,pls let anyone advice me pls
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:19pm On Feb 09, 2013
udehraphael: Pls wip7 i would like to know ur mind on this,,,i intend to study chemical engineering and then go for petroleum engineering during my masters,,is ok,,pls let anyone advice me pls

i think you should finish undergraduate first before you start thinking of masters, after then you must have grown up abit to understand what exactly you want to do with your education....i will suggest chemical eng for you if you want my candid advise.(During my undergraduate years and masters i did alot of courses in chemical engineering and i did some courses from oi and gas also during my PhD program then), the courses are related but petroleum is narrower i said mentioned before. You may start anyone you wish and switch if you dont want.
Re: North Cyprus by obamabroda: 3:14pm On Feb 10, 2013
@wip7 i sent you a mail pls check your box ..skull4una@gmail.com right?
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 10:29pm On Feb 10, 2013
Tanx alot wip7,,i appreciate ur advice and thanks once again,,pls i need advice on the way life is in north cyprus,,what i need to know and get while going to avoid trouble over there,,,,pls reply
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:49am On Feb 11, 2013
udehraphael: Tanx alot wip7,,i appreciate ur advice and thanks once again,,pls i need advice on the way life is in north cyprus,,what i need to know and get while going to avoid trouble over there,,,,pls reply

Get admission and pay your tuition fees first and secure your visa. Way of life is same everywhere in the world. Do not steal, do not join bag wagons, do not follow women and dont waste your parents resources, do not join Yahoo yahoo people and if you are caught smoking drugs..you are gone. So is same way of life in all country nothing special. Dont do any bad things Nigerian govt does not support...SIMPLE

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 11:29am On Feb 11, 2013
Thanx wip7 4 d advice,,i appreciate dat,,pls wip7 what do u mean by bag wagons and do not follow women,,that means no one can keep a female girlfriend
Re: North Cyprus by philebrown333: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
justwise:

Your ticket touting in this thread will not be accepted, i have had this issue with you many times before, you served ban because of this before and you are back again doing the same thing?

Am just here to add one or two experiences i mean no harm please forgive me.
Re: North Cyprus by eedriyz(m): 6:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
udehraphael: Thanx wip7 4 d advice,,i appreciate dat,,pls wip7 what do u mean by bag wagons and do not follow women,,that means no one can keep a female girlfriend
What are u?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
udehraphael: Thanx wip7 4 d advice,,i appreciate dat,,pls wip7 what do u mean by bag wagons and do not follow women,,that means no one can keep a female girlfriend

I assumed you are a GUY and still at nascent age, so at such age, following women may deter ur focus and u may squander ur sponsor resources on such women bizness. I dont say you should not have casual female friends but spend more energy and time on your main purpose of going to Cyprus. If you are a GAL, then same applies to you. Make your generation proud!! Wish u luck
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 12:06am On Feb 12, 2013
I am a guy,21 yrs of age,,,,,,,i just want to know about metu and the country,so that i can know the kind of placew am going to
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 5:40pm On Feb 12, 2013
udehraphael: I am a guy,21 yrs of age,,,,,,,i just want to know about metu and the country,so that i can know the kind of placew am going to

be careful when u get there cus this is a Muslim country and Muslim law applies as well......so if u know a little about Muslim law then u know what am saying.so will advice u to focus more on your studies when u get there as wip7 said else u might regret it or maybe lucky.
Re: North Cyprus by udehraphael: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2013
Tanx alot penrol55 and thank to wip7 too,,i will start my application soon, but pls what document do i need to apply,,pls reply
Re: North Cyprus by PrettyCindy(f): 2:52pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goodafternoon, please i will like to get some information from you guys.

My younger brother who is 26years (1986), was granted admission to study Business Administration in Cyprus International University. The agent we are using brought an acceptance letter from the school and last week, the visa was issued. When we saw the visa this morning, it had one month transit visit written on it. We are suspecting serious foul play because we expected that the visa will be 3-4years sudent visa.
Also we are concerned if its possible the whole thing is a scam as the age is supposed to be a barrier.
The man said the student vis will be issued in Turkey.

Please can anyone tell me if this is real.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: Goodafternoon, please i will like to get some information from you guys.

My younger brother who is 26years (1986), was granted admission to study Business Administration in Cyprus International University. The agent we are using brought an acceptance letter from the school and last week, the visa was issued. When we saw the visa this morning, it had one month transit visit written on it. We are suspecting serious foul play because we expected that the visa will be 3-4years sudent visa.
Also we are concerned if its possible the whole thing is a scam as the age is supposed to be a barrier.
The man said the student vis will be issued in Turkey.

Please can anyone tell me if this is real.

The visa to cyprus (North) is basically granted under TRANSIT VISA scheme and its for 30days and 72hours allowable stay in Turkey.

This is just transit visa from Turkish embassy not Cyprus VISA. The visa can only be issued if you have paid the fees as stated on the conditional offer letter and then you will receive Unconditional letter with embassy /visa info.

After student arrive to Cyprus, the students will be ask to apply for residence permit and this will be granted for maximum of 2years with ability to renew it after it expires, with this permit the student can move out and in of the country.

Yeah the age should be a barrier but some of these agants always forge the age declaration for student and increase it to acceptable age,....But check the admission letter, you will find the age he submitted on the letter.

Hopes this helpsss.........
Re: North Cyprus by Naijalastborn(m): 3:24pm On Feb 14, 2013
Nice one WIP7 thanks for providing her that Info
Re: North Cyprus by PrettyCindy(f): 3:33pm On Feb 14, 2013
@wip7, thank you. Am still not cleared sha ooo. Can you help me verify if the acceptance letter us real? Pls let me have your email so i will send you a copy of the letter and also the snapped copy of the visa. We spent so much and my mum s really worried so i told her i will find out if its real. Thank you.

By the way, if you are skull4una@gmail.com, i already emailed you the above letter. Let me know if you are the one so i will forward the acceptance letter visa pix to you.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:50pm On Feb 14, 2013
PrettyCindy: @wip7, thank you. Am still not cleared sha ooo. Can you help me verify if the acceptance letter us real? Pls let me have your email so i will send you a copy of the letter and also the snapped copy of the visa. We spent so much and my mum s really worried so i told her i will find out if its real. Thank you.

By the way, if you are skull4una@gmail.com, i already emailed you the above letter. Let me know if you are the one so i will forward the acceptance letter visa pix to you.

You sent me email on same subject and i have replied you with same message i dropped here.I only copied what i emailed you and pasted it here for you and others. Check your email.

The bolded part....why are you not clear? students coming to Cyprus (North) are issued 30days TRANSIT VISA by Turkish embassy in Abuja, Nigeria and after registration, students are asked to undertake medical tests for HIV, TB etc and apply for residence permit *calld Mucarat in Turkish) and maximum 2years can be granted which is also renewable after the student register at his/her university. Cyprus international is located in NORTH.

Cyprus (South), this is another country. Students are issued Short Entry Visa ONLY to South Cyprus at CYPRUS CONSULATE, IDDO HOUSE, Lagos. Students should register with the District Police Alien Branch within seven days as from the day of arrival in Cyprus and undertake medical examinations for HIV, TB, HP on the first working day after their arrival. Then they will be granted temporary residence permit (PINK SLIP).

The question i have for you is that...When you guys do not trust the agent all these days, why do you pay tuition fees? Anyway, if you send me the acceptance letter, i may check but i may not say is real or fake since it can be Photoshop....You may send me his visa and i can ask the embassy for you anyway if they issue the visa.

Naija_lastborn: Nice one WIP7 thanks for providing her that Info

Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
wip7:

You sent me email on same subject and i have replied you with same message i dropped here.I only copied what i emailed you and pasted it here for you and others. Check your email.

The bolded part....why are you not clear? students coming to Cyprus (North) are issued 30days TRANSIT VISA by Turkish embassy in Abuja, Nigeria and after registration, students are asked to undertake medical tests for HIV, TB etc and apply for residence permit *calld Mucarat in Turkish) and maximum 2years can be granted which is also renewable after the student register at his/her university. Cyprus international is located in NORTH.

Cyprus (South), this is another country. Students are issued Short Entry Visa ONLY to South Cyprus at CYPRUS CONSULATE, IDDO HOUSE, Lagos. Students should register with the District Police Alien Branch within seven days as from the day of arrival in Cyprus and undertake medical examinations for HIV, TB, HP on the first working day after their arrival. Then they will be granted temporary residence permit (PINK SLIP).

The question i have for you is that...When you guys do not trust the agent all these days, why do you pay tuition fees? Anyway, if you send me the acceptance letter, i may check but i may not say is real or fake since it can be Photoshop....You may send me his visa and i can ask the embassy for you anyway if they issue the visa.

Thanks

That will be a good idea.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2013
justwise:

That will be a good idea.

Yes Boss...She sent me the acceptance letter copies, it looks real but the best bet is the visa page. When i receive it, I will speak with the embassy to know if is genuine or not.
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 4:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
wip7:

Yes Boss...She sent me the acceptance letter copies, it looks real but the best bet is the visa page. When i receive it, I will speak with the embassy to know if is genuine or not.

I totally agreed with you, admission letter could be Photoshopped but original visa can always be confirmed from the embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 5:41pm On Feb 14, 2013
Wip7

Good day bro.

My cousin landed in EMU yesterday safely. He was ppicked from the airport by the school.
He just called me now to complain that the school is asking for an additional tuition fee of $5k. He's been charge an additional $500 per course...which is $5k for 10 course.
I called the registrars office when he got the admission and the confirmed that he won't be payying additional fees except the bill that was given to him earlier.

Now, this seems like fraud to me.

Can you please confirm this cos I intend to withdraw him right away if I was lied to by the school.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
Nuzo':
Wip7

Good day bro.

My cousin landed in EMU yesterday safely. He was ppicked from the airport by the school.
He just called me now to complain that the school is asking for an additional tuition fee of $5k. He's been charge an additional $500 per course...which is $5k for 10 course.
I called the registrars office when he got the admission and the confirmed that he won't be payying additional fees except the bill that was given to him earlier.

Now, this seems like fraud to me. Can you please confirm this cos I intend to withdraw him right away if I was lied to by the school.

I need to ask few questions and make something clear to you. EMU is a state own University not private nor association of Fraudsters, so EMU will not lie to you unless you dont understand them when you called. Also all fees are stated on EMU website and initial deposit to pay is clearly stated also undergrads acceptance letter. If you can answer the following questions, then we shall know who is lying, if is your cousin or you dont understand the university system. And finally you can withdraw him at the University anytime you wish and there is no penalty except he lose his first semester fees as stated in the admission letter.

Kindly answer the following:

1. Full name of your cousin (i will trace him on the registration portal with this)?

2. is your cousin admitted for master or undergraduate program ?

3. How much did your cousin pay before he arrives to EMU ?

4. If he is master student, was he given FOUNDATION COURSES and how many ?

5. We do not have program that is 10courses, so how did your cousin get this?

6. Master fees for each course for student under 50% scholarship is 512USD at EMU, so where do your cousin get 500USD?

Your complete and correct answers, will help me to help you................
Re: North Cyprus by Nuzo1(m): 7:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
Oga Wip7

Keep your threat to yourself sir. I can't forfeit a dime to EMU if I find out that there was fraud involved by one of your staff. However, I will discipline my cousin should I find out he didn't get the info well. I will also apologize on this forum.

To answer your question, I will need ur mail to avoid revealing his personal and school details on a public forum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.